Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for asdfasf

Real Name asdfasf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname afkafkafk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 18:37
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 22823

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
68. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Mar 1, 2012, 15:20 afkafkafk

To those of you that says the Doom 3 billboard makes this thing fake... who's to say that a Doom game can't reference itself?

What if Doom 4 is supposed to be set in our reality (where at one time there were billboards for Doom 3), and now demons are trying to break in?

I can imagine that the protagonist this time is some sort of nerd or geek, who sees the world around him changing as characters from a game is trying to take over his dimension.

It doesn't break the immersion as you would say. It's just another way to weave a the fiction into reality. Sure, it might be cheesy but few games have done this.

I can only think of something like that "Gamer" movie of the top of my head which tries to blend fiction into reality.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 EULA Legal Issues?
117. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 20:59 afkafkafk

Wheres the spyware? Wheres the malware? Stop fucking bitching cuz your computer cant run steam without glogging.

And to whoever that said HL2 needs to have the disc in drive to play, they actually fixed that with an update over a month ago, so you can play HL2 without having the disk.

82. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2005, 16:16 afkafkafk

Bhruic, yes you CAN play HL1 without steam or internet connection. Just install it fresh from the CD. I can play hl1 SP on my laptop while im away travelling without any problems whether i have a connection to the net or not.

If you have a steam folder installed, you can install another copy of HL1 onto your HD in a seperate folder and it'll still work.

HL2 works fine after you activate it ONE time. Just have to run in offline mode.

63. Re: Pffff too much time on our hands Feb 7, 2005, 13:43 afkafkafk

Man who gives a crap. Valve's been there right from 98 since HL1, giving the community modding tools and helping modders grow. I dont give a shit about steam. Ive had to use it since its release in 2003 fall/winter and i really never had ANY troubles with it. Malware? Spyware? I dont think so. It gives you that RARE ad or news update about stuff like teh recent HL2DM map contest once a month or less. Does that bother you? Do you feel your anus is being raped by this? Give me a break and stop bitching. If you dont have an internet connection in 2005 dont blame Valve for this. But seriously, you DO have the option of an offline mode and it works without much of a hassle. All they want is one activiation. I see no spyware at all, i dont get any unneeded u/d activity when i have steam running. If your system is clogging when running steam ,then maybe its time to upgrade or clean out your system.

You guys really need to stop bitching about useless things, there are better things to do then to slap Valve like theyre the evil empire or whatever. Without Valve's support early on after HL1's release, which they were never under any oblingation to do, you wouldnt have people being able to mod things so easily. If you cant afford to connect to the internet for a short period of time to activate HL2 then its not their problem cuz it says on the box you need an internet connection. And even if they did not state this clearly on the German retail boxes, just fk'n activate that shit elsewhere then play at home offline. For a country with so many gamers like Germany im suprised that people would buy this and not have the internet on their home computer.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 13:48.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo