Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ahnteis Corazon

Real Name Ahnteis Corazon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ahnteis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.packmule.org
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 18:01
Total Comments 75 (Suspect)
User ID 22822

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Quboid Nov 12, 2006, 21:18 Ahnteis

I suspect that a large percentage of the small initial batch will end up on Ebay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. NWN2 Nov 7, 2006, 23:50 Ahnteis

NWN2 seems good so far. Some control annoyances -- but if you liked Baldurs Gate/IWD more then the first NWN, you'll appreciate the changes.

Of course, it's missing all the awesome auto-pause options that BG had. =( (That means that every time your guys spot enemies just beyond the trapped floor your rogue just spotted you'll have to pause the game and tell then NOT to charge ahead.)

EDIT: Unless of course you set them all to "Puppet" mode where they have no AI at all.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 23:50.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might SP Patch Plans
9. Will I be able to play? Nov 7, 2006, 23:37 Ahnteis

Ever since chapter 4 the game crashes ever new chapter. (I finally got level 5 to load by setting all settings to lowest. I haven't had the patience to try that with level 5 yet.)

Meanwhile, I can play on average 30 minutes without a complete have-to-reboot crash. Great Q&A guys.

Additionally, from reading the forums it appears that there are still two major crash bugs that will NOT be fixed with this patch. (They're already working on the next one, having submitted the 1.01 to "Q&A" last week. Same Q&A that released the original game? What's the point of THAT?!)

The game isn't bad otherwise--but it's hard to stay immersed when it crashes so often.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
24. No subject Oct 25, 2006, 19:53 Ahnteis

>>I'm confused. If I were a developer selling on Steam, why would I care if the publishers or B&M stores go under?

There aren't many games that are EXCLUSIVE to Steam. (In fact, I'm not sure there are ANY.) Companies want to sell to people who are walking through *store of choice including walmart*.

However, with Steam, I don't have to change the CD/DVD in the drive. That convenience is almost worth the lack of a box sitting on my shelf. That and the lack of things like starforce.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 2142
41. Yet Another Reason To Skip It Oct 17, 2006, 13:08 Ahnteis

I'll wait for Quake Wars thanks. There's plenty to keep me entertained until then.

If you want to buy it... be my guest sucker.

News Comments > Gold (Candidate) - Battlefield 2142
28. Hacks? Sep 23, 2006, 02:42 Ahnteis

Weren't there already hacks during the beta due to the fact that Dice doesn't bother closing security holes? Ever.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
11. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 11:20 Ahnteis

>>Mr. Lolicon

>>I played the game and really liked it. Though looking back
>>it's kind of sad other companies can't put out this kind of
>>set in something other than WW2.

Have you played Warhammer: Dawn of War? (Done by the same company.)

News Comments > Majesco and Valve Get Steamy
18. Psychonauts FTW Sep 15, 2006, 02:03 Ahnteis

I just bought it about a week ago (finally got around to it) -- fun game in spite of a flawed camera at times.

However, I read on /. that it would only be $9.99 while the other two titles were $19.99?

News Comments > The Early Show
5. TFC was TF 1.5 Aug 24, 2006, 12:35 Ahnteis

TFC was TF 1.5

This is TF 2.0

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Demo Next Week
8. No subject Aug 3, 2006, 13:28 Ahnteis

I hope it lives up to the previews / etc. It looks very enjoyable.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Portal Movie
84. No subject Jul 19, 2006, 02:20 Ahnteis

"Clearly" they stole the idea for portals and mixed up gravity from Serious Sam (not 2) which had both.

Sheesh.

Video = teh awesome. Puzzle game in first person = cool.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two, TF2 Details
34. Sweet Jul 15, 2006, 11:06 Ahnteis

With conc/rocket/everything-jumping, bunny hopping, nail grenades, etc TFC is hardly the place where realism fits in. If they're going to go that route, (and it looks like they are,) an art style that emphasizes the over-the-top (and completely unbelievable) action goes right along with the gameplay. Something similar to the HL2 art style would seem a bit weird to me.

P.S. BTW dude below -- the original plans for TF2 became TFC. Then they planned a NEW AND SEPARATE TF2 which they eventually pretty much dropped. Other games have since taken a lot of ideas from that 2nd TF2 concept.) This is the THIRD TF Valve has worked on, but will be only the 2nd that will see the light of day. I wonder if we'll ever see the OTHER TF2 gameplay.

News Comments > ET: Quake Wars Delay
44. For now: Jul 11, 2006, 16:05 Ahnteis

Poop!

Well, it's back to Natural Selection and waiting for Nuclear Dawn ( http://www.nuclear-dawn.net/ ) for me. =(

Someone below mentioned that no one is playing Q4 / D3 online. Deathmatch gameplay is no longer king. We like team play, objectives, etc. It's not the Quake world people are avoiding for the most part -- it's the deathmatch gameplay.

News Comments > Prey-Loads
42. $50 is a good deal Jul 3, 2006, 20:51 Ahnteis

What are you people talking about?
As games become higher definition with more beautiful graphics, the time and money required to create game content goes WAY up. It cost Valve over $40,000,000 to produce HL2.

Now, there are a few options:
1) Cut costs in order to keep prices the same as they've always been. IN SPITE OF INFLATION. Digital distribution falls into this category.

2) Make only "sure thing" blockbuster games that will sell millions of copies. Many game producers are currently following this strategy, but it leads to crappy consolitis and sequelitis. You may have noticed it?

3) Raise prices. All you whiners will whine even more when it costs $80 for 8 hours of play.

Me, I like option 1 the most. Good PC-only games and ensure that the process is still financially viable by cutting out distribution costs. As an added bonus, I don't have to worry about digging out a CD every time I want to play.

News Comments > BF2142: "A lot less buggy than Battlefield 2"
4. Our NEXT GAME will be better. Honest Jun 30, 2006, 20:42 Ahnteis

No, we aren't gonna patch the CURRENT one. But REALLY! Believe us!

News Comments > SiN Episodes: Emergence Patch
12. No subject May 18, 2006, 02:32 Ahnteis

The problem here is that for some reason, some "less then gifted" folks are comparing the purchase of 5 episodes to the purchase of 1 game. That's simply not a valid comparison. Try 1 game + 2 expansion packs if you must make a straight-across comparison.

News Comments > Sphere II Announced
5. No subject May 3, 2006, 12:35 Ahnteis

There was a Sphere 1?

News Comments > SiN Episode 1 Retail Plans
23. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 18:57 Ahnteis

I used the LOW END of their estimate. Sheesh.

As for cheaper prices -- I'm glad you found games that cheap. They weren't available for $30 where I live for at least 2 months in almost all cases.

There's nothing stopping the Sin:E1 to drop in price except the stores themselves. (The press release is about in-store games.)

News Comments > SiN Episode 1 Retail Plans
18. Calculations? Apr 5, 2006, 18:09 Ahnteis

Quake4 -- 8 hours / $50 = $6.25/hour.
FEAR -- 10 hours / $50 = $5/hour.
Max Payne -- 6 hours / $50 = $8.33/hour
HL2 -- 12 hours / $50 = $4.17/hour

SiN:E1 -- 3 hours / $20 = $6.67/hour

Sounds about average.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Guide Quashed, Lawsuit
8. Theif? Trademark infringement? Mar 25, 2006, 02:12 Ahnteis

What are you people smoking? By your argument, all the "for dummies" books, etc should be illegal. All those 3rd party "Running Windows Server" books should be illegal.

He is NOT using their trademark illegally unless he is claiming that WoW is his own product. He is perfectly in his rights to write ABOUT someone else's product. (Imagine the kind of news we'd have if this same type of lawsuit were waged every time a news agency wanted to report something bad about a corporation. "A major vunerability was discovered today in ... um ... the 2nd most popular browser. No, not that one that sounds like it's about singing. The other one. No, not the one that belongs on the shiny operating system. The one with the .. um... flaming canine. Yeah. That one!"

Sheesh. It is perfectly legal to write a guidebook about whatever you want. Blizzard is trying to squash something they don't like by using the "we can afford to pay our lawyers longer then you can" tactic. 100% lame.

75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo