Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ahnteis Corazon

Real Name Ahnteis Corazon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ahnteis
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.packmule.org
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 18:01
Total Comments 75 (Suspect)
User ID 22822

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Gameplay Stats
44. Ugh. Instant Respawn Dustbowl Dec 9, 2007, 11:02 Ahnteis

One of the things messing up dustbowl is people insisting on playing with instant respawn. The defenders already respawn with full health right at the point you're trying to cap, but the offense has to walk most of the map. Making respawn instant means that offense has to be much better than defense to cap (the 2nd half of the map).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. No subject Sep 5, 2007, 12:26 Ahnteis

"Imagine Getting Beatles Songs on iTunes. Thanks Mike Martinez."

Too late, all the fans got tired of waiting and either bought the CDs or downloaded them.

News Comments > BioShock Activation Not Permanent
78. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2007, 13:00 Ahnteis

There are some keys that can't be rebound but are used for special functions. R for example is also re-search (if you have a certain plasmid equipped). The keys for harvesting/rescuing the little girls are also locked.

Yes, it sucks, but it can be worked around.

News Comments > New NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers
6. Re: Similar Issue Jul 26, 2007, 19:33 Ahnteis

>On the second install, it worked, but it has really screwed up my widescreen mode

There's a note about correcting that in the PDF.

News Comments > No Linux Steam - Really
3. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2007, 10:37 Ahnteis

>>I agree to a point, but after experiencing Vista and MS's vision for Windows gamers I wouldn't mind seeing another alternative for gaming. Steam for Linux might help.

HOW would it help? None of the games on Steam (AFAIK) run on Linux. How would having the distribution system help in any way?

News Comments > id Tech Demo Movie
12. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2007, 01:20 Ahnteis

No.

In current games, textures on walls, hills, etc are generally repeated. (They're __ X __ pixels, tiled.) This technology extends the megatextures of Q4 landscapes to the entire world. You have one huge "texture" that covers everything meaning that there is no need for any repetition or tiling. Practically, you will probably see some just because of the amount of artist work that is needed.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. S.E.Q.U.E.L. P.L.A.N.S.
45. No subject Jun 5, 2007, 20:14 Ahnteis

>>The AI wasn't as good as you think, they just did the audio and visuals really well and gave the immersion of the AI being really smart.

The word you are looking for is "impression", not immersion. And AI is, by definition, ARTIFICIAL.

I did like FEAR, but I hope they also do another NOLF. Loved both of those.

News Comments > Free Elysium II
2. Re: No subject May 30, 2007, 12:26 Ahnteis

Different game.

News Comments > Halo 2 Delay - Blame the Boobies
41. Not Boobies. May 25, 2007, 14:36 Ahnteis

No boobies involved. In fact, no females involved. It's a guy mooning the camera, and it apparently shows up in an error message in the map editor.

News Comments > Dark Messiah to Expand?
2. [sob] May 22, 2007, 20:33 Ahnteis

I hate hearing about this game. It showed such promise and STILL has so many bugs. I can't even finish the game. =( Wasted money. =( Wasted game.

News Comments > C&C3 Observer Exploit
3. Re: Nod campaign Apr 22, 2007, 18:10 Ahnteis

Yup. Managed to get past it.

I built a bunch of extra engies and sent them in to capture the lower GDI base. I did the same for the lower Scrin base.

Then I quickly built up enough of a force to rush up and protect the phase generators. I believe I used mostly Scrin air for that.

I seem to remember using commando to blast the AA in the lower scrin base and then flying the main construction tower down to my corner.

Took me a lot of tries.

News Comments > id & Valve Assets in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?
47. Copyright not trademark Apr 7, 2007, 01:57 Ahnteis

>>I'm sure it wouldn't be about money, but it is as someone already said, about protecting copyright. If you don't, you establish precedent that you're willing to surrender those rights.

That's for trademarks. Copyright law does not work that way.

News Comments > Funcom Drops "Offline" Games
12. No subject Mar 14, 2007, 19:10 Ahnteis

>>Statistics came from ...
looking at seeders on bittorrent?
watching activity on usenet?

I suppose they could go the RIAA route instead and sue everyone who downloads?

We're killing our own hobby. It's time to stop condoning piracy and start facing the facts.

News Comments > Halo 2 & PC Live in May
10. Blame Live! Mar 14, 2007, 11:16 Ahnteis

Instead of pointing out that Halo really wasn't that great an FPS, blame not buying it on not wanting Live. Specifically that you aren't going to pay a monthly fee to get basic features. Send a message that this kind of crap isn't welcome on the PC. Post it on your blogs and vblogs and your whatever else logs.

News Comments > Supreme Commander Patch
7. This game spoiled me Mar 4, 2007, 19:59 Ahnteis

After using the zoom in this game, playing other RTS games now feels so... limited. =(

News Comments > Supreme Commander Preorders
12. Re: No subject Feb 14, 2007, 01:50 Ahnteis

>>Now that is some grade-A trash

Yes, it would be MUCH better if they gave you some crappy figurines or something.

News Comments > Dark Messiah Updated
1. Can I PLAY it now? Dec 20, 2006, 10:47 Ahnteis

Is this the patch that finally makes it actually run on my computer? A GeForce 6800 isn't THAT old.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH. It's MULTI player that has been updated. The news TITLE is correct, but not the news blurb.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 10:48.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Wiimote working in LINUX Dec 19, 2006, 02:29 Ahnteis

Just because the box running linux happens to be a PS3 doesn't make it any more exciting. You can't play PS3 games with it. It's just using it like a mouse--same as the Windows and Mac drivers.

News Comments > Fallout MMORPG?
9. Another MMO? Dec 12, 2006, 00:27 Ahnteis

I'm sick to death of the MMO craze. Only the top 1 or 2 MMOs are successful. The rest are super-expensive flops that no one plays.

News Comments > More Dark Messiah Patch Plans
4. Re: Fixes Nov 30, 2006, 14:33 Ahnteis

6800 owner here. Framerate is fine... right up until the first time I have to load a level. (Death or level change.)

Then the framerate swiftly drops to about 5.

At least it doesn't crash every time a level changes now.

75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo