Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for everyone

Real Name everyone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 14:02
Total Comments 617 (Apprentice)
User ID 22821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bloodlines/Dead State Interview
4. Re: Bloodlines/Dead State Interview Oct 22, 2011, 16:29 everyone

That should be DoubleBear Productions, not Iron Lore.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Specs
15. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 22, 2011, 07:27 everyone

Why should people that don't like Steam be forced to use it? Forcing GaWFul or Origin on them is bad, but with Steam it's ok?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Specs
11. Re: Batman: Arkham City Specs Oct 22, 2011, 05:06 everyone

Jerykk wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 01:16:
It seems really strange that they'd go to the effort of adding Steamworks to just the Steam version but none of the others.
Be great if they did, though.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
140. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 18, 2011, 07:51 everyone

Jerykk wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 12:26:
The PC ports of Bethesda's RPGs aren't all that great. Bethesda puts minimal effort into them. They don't even redesign the UI, which is why UI mods are among the first mods to be made. I'll give them credit for releasing mod tools but the actual ports themselves are simply average.
"Average" is still leagues ahead of RAGE's abysmal port, even if that were the case. It's not, though.

136. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 17, 2011, 12:21 everyone

Oh, well, if JC thinks they should care, that makes all the difference...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 17, 2011, 06:48 everyone

arnold wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 05:52:
rage at number 1 spot................lot of here complaining about the game, but no. 1 best selling games////
Have you looked at the other nine spots? Niche indie games and old games they had on sale. It's not the stiffest competition.

133. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 17, 2011, 06:20 everyone

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 15:35:
wrlwnd wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 09:43:
Why Carmack thought this was a good way to go is beyond me. It makes no sense.

Oh, no. It makes PERFECT sense.

Tech 5 allows him to have a good looking game (for consoles) that runs at 60fps on consoles. Every other FPS on consoles runs at 30fps. That's a huge difference, and so they're banking on that particular fact selling them millions of copies.
Nope, that makes no sense at all. Not when those same console gamers are perfectly happy to play the CODs at 30fps with an upscaled 1040x608/960x544 resolution. They obviously couldn't care less.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 19:39:
id isn't Blizzard or Valve. Their games aren't guaranteed to sell at least 5 million units and they don't have any steady source of revenue to fall back on. That's why they agreed to be bought out by Bethesda/Zenimax. Bethesda/Zenimax published the game, so they decided which platforms to release on and which platforms to focus on. Like most other publishers, they decided to focus on consoles.
I don't think you can blame Bethesda. Not when their own games have such great PC versions.

News Comments > Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears
11. Re: Nadeo Showing ShootMania This Week, TrackMania 2 Patch Nears Oct 17, 2011, 05:31 everyone

Reikon wrote on Oct 17, 2011, 00:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 16:55:
"optimisations" (comes from misery ;P)

Isn't that actually correct? They replace z with s in a lot of words over in Europe.
Yeah, those damn English and their butchery of the English language. *shakes fist*

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Oct 16, 2011, 06:08 everyone

I think the people that do bash it, do so because it's not particularly good, the port was abysmal, and while it is possible to have fun playing it with friends, that's more to do with the friends than the game itself. That, and the devs pre-release lies.

I'm not one of the aforementioned bashers, but that's the impression I get from their posts.

77. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 16, 2011, 05:59 everyone

I think the vast majority have already bought it, and that's the problem. The product they bought is faulty and they have every right to complain about it.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
68. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 9, 2011, 04:51 everyone

El Pit wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 01:34:
Oh, we can hear him. So, Battlefield 3 is a SINGLEPLAYER game that needs a constant internet connection?
I've been known to play a bit of SP BF2 while my connection's been acting up.

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Animated Trailer
8. Re: Gotham City Impostors Animated Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 12:14 everyone

Well I liked. I'm looking forward to seeing how the game turns out, too.  

Console Gaming > The next leap for consoles is not better graphics, it's concurrent gaming
1. The next leap for consoles is not better graphics, it's concurrent gaming Sep 28, 2011, 04:41 everyone

All future consoles WILL have better graphics than their predecessors, but the marketing for the next wave of consoles will revolve around how much cool stuff they can do at once, concurrently.

For example, let's imagine a console that can play 3 games at once and send each gaming session to a different display device. Game 1 is sent to the TV connected to the console, Game 2 is sent wirelessly to a tablet device (think Wii U), and game 3 is sent to a TV in a different room through a household powerline network. And all the while, a fourth display is receiving Netflix content through the same console.

In effect, this turns the console into a Household Gaming Server. THIS is the next leap in consoles. Parents will buy a console that can service many children at once so that they may play at the same time, either together in multiplayer or independently of each other.

I can imagine the console names now... The Sony Prism, Microsoft XMaster, Nintendo Nexus.

-Endless

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2011, 02:58 everyone

I liked the scheduled batch approach because it allows the front page to stay the same for a while. This way I can check the site at a variety of times and reliably see the same content (more or less).

What I WOULD like is a better segmentation of the content that groups it by update. A thin line separating morning and evening updates would be nice.

On the content side: I generally skip the hardware reviews, and I really appreciate the security and metaverse sections. I generally ignore all the content relating to big name games (mass effect, call of duty, WoW, modern games etc) for some reason. Instead, I like hearing about new games and lesser known projects.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 19:01 everyone

bhcompy wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:53:
I'd be happy with a new FlatOut, but they haven't released anything new since FlatOut 2 ages ago(HeadOn and such are just repackaged versions of 2 for other platforms)
The new Ridge Racer (from Bugbear) looks rather Flatoutish, to me.

News Comments > More on PC Arkham City
12. Re: More on PC Arkham City Sep 27, 2011, 14:54 everyone

This sounds good. Hopefully, the crack for this one will not disable PhysX like it did in the last one. I'm looking forward to the above-mentioned "PhysX debris, leaves, and paper." Devilish  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2011, 16:17 everyone

Shame about the always-on DRM, though...  

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Sep 22, 2011, 13:54 everyone

They are doing. Grim Dawn.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Sep 22, 2011, 05:38 everyone

They're trying to appeal to the WOW players. There's no such thing as too dumbed down.  

News Comments > Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details
26. Re: Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details Sep 19, 2011, 16:15 everyone

Illumin wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 13:28:
Why would I want to play a vampire game and play as a human all the way through?
Because you get to kill vampires. What more could you want?

617 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo