Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for everyone

Real Name everyone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 14:02
Total Comments 617 (Apprentice)
User ID 22821

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Back Dec 10, 2008, 23:29 everyone

Uhm.. Shouldn't this be "Into the Black?"

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2008, 23:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Used Games Hurt Game Quality?
17. Re: Used Games Hurt Game Quality? Dec 8, 2008, 14:58 everyone

Used houses hurt building quality.
Used cars hurt automobile quality.
Used space shuttles hurt space travel quality.
Used condoms hurt contraception quality.
Good prequels (GTA) hurt sequel quality (GTA IV).

Stoooooooopid. It's like in a kindergarten: Yeah, mam, I shit my pants, but it's meant as a fashion statement. No, wait, it's not my fault, it's everybody else's fault, but not mine.

News Comments > GTA4 PC Problems
52. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 14:29 everyone

I say 'I've got 4gb of system memory and 2g of video ram

You do not have 2GB of video ram.

Haha! I was just gunna say that. There are no (edit: consumer) video cards currently with 2 actual gigabytes of video ram. The 4800 x2 series has 2gb total, but it's still only 1gb in actuality, since it's not shared but cloned.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2008, 14:33.

News Comments > GTA4 PC Problems
3. Re: GTA4 PC Problems Dec 4, 2008, 09:15 everyone

AHAHAHAHAHA!

But, hey, you people had to work so hard to get all these funky DRM things working that you didn't have enough much time working on the game itself. Result: poorly ported console crap!

Oh, by the way, Rockstar: The pirates love your game. No problems anymore with any DRM shit after the release of working cracks. So, from now on, you're screwing ONLY your customers. Great job, guys. DRM reaaaaally helps you to ensure good sales, because all paying customers just love the trouble your "copy protection" (very often an "installation prohibition" or "problem inducing software" for all those NOT having a cracked version running) gives them.

But you'll never understand.

GTA 4 TW? I guess not.

And don't be afraid, I won't pirate it. It's just not worth the potential trouble.

News Comments > Gold - Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods
4. Re: Gold - Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods Nov 10, 2008, 11:07 everyone

I am playing through the orignal Gothic 3 now with the latest community patch and have encountered very little left in the way of bugs. Only two crashes in about fourty hours isn't bad either. So much better than release.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2008, 11:08.

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Internet rates Nov 2, 2008, 22:01 everyone

I'm anxiously awaiting hearing the announcement of rate cuts for the "average users" now that they are finally getting rid of all those terrible bandwidth hogs.
Maybe I shouldn't hold my breath....

News Comments > Stardock's DRM Plans
23. Re: Stardock's DRM Plans Oct 25, 2008, 04:16 everyone

Steam requires itself to be running whenever a Steam game is running

I don't think this is the case for all Steam games, I just purchased Farcry 2 on Steam, and I am able to run the exe directly without steam running.

News Comments > Stardock's DRM Plans
17. Re: Stardock's DRM Plans Oct 24, 2008, 23:57 everyone

The main things that are important to me are:

1. Does not interfere with 3rd party programs

2. Does not remain active except when the "protected" program is running

3. Ability to easily uninstall DRM from my computer if I choose

4. Limited activation schemes must guarantee the following:

4a. Removal of activation requirement/limits once game is "obsolete".

4b. Inclusion of a revoke tool

I could live with most DRM if the items above were implemented, however it would still be annoying knowing that it isn't affecting the thousands of pirated copies out there.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta in 2009?
5. Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 14:14 everyone

Wow, only 4 comments on such a "StarCraft II" news? But 21 postings on "FarCry 2"?

I guess Blizzard somehow succeeded in pissing their not too fanboyish fans off with their latest great ideas.

News Comments > DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was "Kinda Slow"
32. Re: DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was Oct 22, 2008, 11:55 everyone

Yeah the beginning was a bit slow but arn't most games? You have to start somewhere and build up the story.

DX3 developer: "Sto...ree? What's that? Does it have huge textures?"

Michael Bay is now officially producing DX3. Less "storee", more "KABOOM" guaranteed. Shia LaBeouf starring as "The Hero with the BFG".

Out in 2009 for consoles only.

News Comments > DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was "Kinda Slow"
30. Re: DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was Oct 22, 2008, 11:49 everyone

DX3 Dev: DX3 will be "Kinda Dumb"

Ok, no need to publish it for PC. Just do it for the console kids, they're gonna like it.

Another franchise killed by console-oriented developers.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 22, 2008, 11:37 everyone

Yeah, right. Ships ahoy. It's already available at every warez site out there with a crack circumventing copy protection, activation, etc. This draconian drm-shit really works .

Developers and publishers, you need to understand: DRM does not prevent cracking and sharing your games. And it's not the pirates who complain - it's those poor souls that BOUGHT the game. Your DRM annoys them, not the pirates. The pirates have their cracks, dongles, and whatever. Only the people who actually buy the game have to deal with limited numbers of activation and shit.

Which means: pay and get annoyed. Or steal and have it your way. Don't make the people choose between these alternatives - the choice would be clear, except for wealthy nerds and enthusiast gamers supporting the developers (and in some cases even the publishers).

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 11:44.

News Comments > StarCraft II Interview
2. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2008, 15:19 everyone

They're doing it the Valve way - although Valve needs MUCH more than a year to work on its Half-Life-2-episodes.

Well, as long as each StarCraft II "game" won't cost more than the HL2-episodes do, it's okay. If BlizzaVision should ask for $40 or more, than I won't buy the "games" until a "Battlechest" with all three SCII-episodes hits the bargain bin. Even if this is gonna take three years or so.

News Comments > Red Orchestra Mods on Steam, Game on Sale
4. Paid mods Oct 18, 2008, 01:44 everyone

"Red Orchestra" started as a mod. And it still IS a mod. I don't pay for mods.

Yes, I know: people spend a lot of time on programming, etc. Like all modders do. But it's a hobby to them, not a profession.

I of course accept if you want to pay for mods, but I won't. If I paid for mods, I could also pay Blue for his news. He's also investing hours and hours, but he's not asking people to pay for his work. Kudos to Blue for this!

News Comments > Gold - Far Cry 2
58. Re: BiA DRM Oct 15, 2008, 05:28 everyone

It's been said. But, the people working to boycott DRM games are in the minority

It's pretty naive to believe that just because the group of people opposing DRM are in the minority they won't have an effect.
People who pirate games are also in the minority and publishers sure seem upset over those perceived lost sales.
Its already been proven by statements made by EA that they have noticed the uproar over
the DRM issue and have made a few steps to relieve the situation, such as upping the activation limit to 5 and promising to release a deactivation tool.

Whether DRM sticks around hinges on its perceived effectiveness combating piracy weighed against the consumer backlash caused by such a system.
Hopefully some publishers will realize that alienating current paying customers in the hope that they can turn pirates into future paying customers may not be the best business strategy

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Preorder Discounts
4. Re: No subject Oct 14, 2008, 21:48 everyone

The only people I can see having a problem with this are the hurrrf durf anti-DRM folk and pirates.

What’s the point of trying to link legitimate anti-drm folks to pirates?
Pirates don’t care about the type DRM used, it isn’t in the copy of the game they download.
I get tired of the argument that if you are against DRM you must be a pirate! It makes absolutely no sense and is simply an effort to discredit the folks who have legitimate concerns about the move towards ever more aggressive forms of DRM.
If you don’t mind DRM that’s fine, but don’t try to claim that everyone who does is a pirate.

News Comments > Gold - Far Cry 2
44. No subject Oct 14, 2008, 21:04 everyone

Here is a post from a ubisoft representative posting on the official forum:

"Some DRM points that will hopefully answer some of your questions and will clarify some misunderstandings about our DRM and SecuROM:

- You have 5 activations on 3 separate PCs.

- Uninstalling the game “refunds” an activation. This process is called “revoke”, so as long as you complete proper uninstall you will be able to install the game an unlimited number of times on 3 systems.

- You can upgrade your computer as many time as you want (using our revoke system)

- Ubisoft is committed to the support of our games, and additional activations can be provided.

- Ubisoft is committed to the long term support of our games: you’ll always be able to play Far Cry 2."

If its true that you can revoke installations, which in essence allows unlimited installations, I will probably pick this game up despite the DRM.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2008, 21:09.

News Comments > Gold - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
18. No subject Oct 14, 2008, 17:09 everyone

This is another game I was looking forward to that I won't be purchasing because of limited activation DRM.
I may reconsider if EA releases their promised deactivation tool, knowing EA though I'm not going to hold my breath.

News Comments > Blizzard Denies Milking StarCraft II
33. Message 3 Oct 14, 2008, 10:25 everyone

No, I'm not milking the cow. I've split the information for your own good. Otherwise you wouldn't comprehend it.

C'mon, Blizzavision. Either sell the first game for $50 and give away the two mission packs for free or sell each "game" for $17 (up to $20 MAX).

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2008, 10:26.

News Comments > Blizzard Denies Milking StarCraft II
32. Message 2 Oct 14, 2008, 10:23 everyone

Otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish it in time (although I never told you a date).

617 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo