Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for everyone

Real Name everyone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 14:02
Total Comments 618 (Apprentice)
User ID 22821

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
12. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jun 19, 2009, 16:32 everyone

Yay. Maybe this fixed one or two of the memory leaks. >:\

Hopefully this will make the game playable in XP32 by limiting the resources used below 2 GB. Game is large address aware, but since the /3GB switch makes many drivers go berserk, it doesn't matter. Only in 64 bit Windows does it matter.

XP32 here. Smooth as silk, and I have the details maxed through the commandline options. i7 920@4ghz, Diamond 4870x2 XOC, 3gb OCZ.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2009, 16:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Steam Community Features
3. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 17, 2009, 19:40 everyone

I hate that they've moved the Gameplay Stats section further down on the community page. Now I can't see how many games I own or how much I've played without scrolling down. Instead they've bumped up the Friends list, which is pointless when the Steam client has a separate window for it. Retards.

QQ

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 8, 2009, 23:53 everyone

Oh my god, how hard can it be for them to fix the EXTREMELY OBVIOUS bugs introduced in the last update? Like the spy fist being visible while playing other classes, or witnessing strange effects when an enemy spy disguises as you, or sprays sometimes clipping through materials, or any of the other hundreds of strange random occurrences due to the new items?

Earlier, I was playing as spy, and for some reason, while I was using the dead ringer, when I right clicked, it showed the cloak and dagger viewmodel without the cloak meter on the watch. And the other day, I was playing as scout or pyro (I forget which), and I turned around and ran backwards, and saw the sniper shield following me after a Sniper was backstabbed. O.o

News Comments > E3 2009 PC Wrap-up
14. Re: E3 2009 PC Wrap-up Jun 7, 2009, 19:46 everyone

The E3 demo didn't inspire much confidence in me. During the demo, the player killed a Nazi, took his outfit and then planted a bomb. However, after the bomb exploded, his outfit disappeared and every Nazi in the area knew exactly where he was? That's pretty dumb and a very cheap way to force the player into a confrontation.

That, and the game looks really fucking console-y in both graphics and the way it plays. I like how they stole ideas from Assassin's Creed though. >_>

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
13. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 16:09 everyone

PS3? F that. Way better on PC.

Way.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 3, 2009, 22:31 everyone

Who cares? There's no longevity in the L4D games anyway. Meh.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
6. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched May 30, 2009, 03:59 everyone

I admit, I used that sourceop program, but only for a little while just to try it out. Only got two unlocks with it: Two Bonk energy drinks. I already had four. Wow, gotta love that idle-until-you-randomly-get-something-you-already-had system.

Anyway, today those unlocks have been removed from my backpack. Guess Valve has chosen to punish those who use the idler by removing the items they got with it. They did me a favor. It's two more slots freed up for more duplicates! >_>

News Comments > BioShock 2 in October
6. Re: BioShock 2 in October May 30, 2009, 03:54 everyone

Who the fuck cares? It's gunna suck. Bioshock 1 was way overhyped and boring. How about these shitty games stop being produced? That'd be swell.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Trailer
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 12:19 everyone

I don't care what anybody says. This game is gunna be the motherfucking shit!  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Q&A
1. Re: BioShock 2 Q&A May 29, 2009, 01:07 everyone

Is the sequel going to be as overrated and lame as its yawn-fest of a big daddy?

I don't understand the fervor over Bioshock. It wasn't all that great. It was actually, imo, pretty pretty basic and mediocre. Not very fun at all. It was just tedious as hell and the weapons didn't seem powerful enough.

I hope Bioshock 2 brings something memorable and worthwhile to the table, as the first one was entirely forgettable and not worth a single play-through. Not really hyped about this one.

News Comments > TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale
20. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 21, 2009, 23:44 everyone

Steam forums are full of people reporting crashes and weird bugs.. not being able to connect to servers, etc.

Valve's servers are completely overloaded, causing lots of people to download corrupted updates as the servers freak out under the load.

I bet at least half the people who got the update got a corrupt one and need to reapply it once the server load dies down in a few hours. Steam doesn't automatically validate your files, so you need to do that from the properties window and make sure it takes more than a few seconds (it should take a couple minutes), then restart steam to see if it updates.

16. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 21, 2009, 23:01 everyone

Everybody should just get them straight away. Everyone will have them eventually anyway. What's the difference besides making it unfair for others who have to WAIT to get them? I mean, if a different game had an update to add weapons, everyone would have all those weapons. TF2 should treat it like an expansion update and just give it to everyone. It's stupid the way it works now. I got into the game and I didn't have the new shit yet. It shouldn't be that way. People who are way more diligent than myself will have them all within hours at an achievement server, and the rest of us have to fucking wait weeks or more.

I don't know why TF2 actually let me run it if my update was fucked up, but I was in it and in a server for a while before it kicked me because it couldn't contact the VAC servers or some shit like that. Now it's redownloading the update again. If it were messed up before, I don't know why everything worked in the game the first time it updated. This is just a lot of shit piled up that's got me frustrated now. Valve should have bolstered their servers to handle the increased load that they KNEW was going to occur.

14. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 21, 2009, 22:45 everyone

God dammit! It's downloading the update for the second time!! >:\ AARRGH!!

First, it took forever. Then I run it (when the Steam servers allowed me to >:\) and I can't join pure servers because my files were different, I guess.

Then I restart steam, and it downloads another update, or at least it tells me it's updating. I go to properties and validate the game cache, and restart steam. I do this two or three times, and each time it updates the game again very quickly when I restart Steam, after having checked the game cache also very quickly.

Then I check the cache again, and it takes a couple minutes, as it should, THEN it starts seemingly REDOWNLOADING the ENTIRE update again!!! Motherfucker!! Why won't Steam just update PROPERLY THE FIRST MOTHERFUCKING TIME! I seem to recall this happening once before as well. I wanna get into those achievement servers and get the new shit so I'm not left behind everybody else.

Hopefully that steam achievement unlocker gets updated to support the new shit soon. Grinding is motherfucking agitating and I wish Valve would not keep tying the weapon unlocks to achievements. It's a stupid thing to have to go through, especially when you've probably already blown through 90% of the achievements' requirements under normal play in the time you've owned the game.

News Comments > New TF2 Sniper/Spy Update
8. Re: New TF2 Sniper/Spy Update May 21, 2009, 08:23 everyone

oh lord, another farm vs non farm shitfest.

Actually, Valve knows how much everyone hates how achievements are tied to weapon unlocks. The community has made itself clear that they feel doing that gives an unfair advantage to players who play more than casually. Valve has recently been vocal about finding ways to alleviate the grind. Maybe in this update, everyone will just get the new weapons straight away...?

News Comments > New TF2 Sniper/Spy Update
3. Re: New TF2 Sniper/Spy Update May 20, 2009, 22:43 everyone

Should be able to throw them at players carrying your intel to make them drop it all like "EW EW EW EW PISS EW EW EW EW EW!"  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
16. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers May 19, 2009, 17:50 everyone

Strange. I just clicked through like I always do from the ATI/AMD driver site, XP Pro, Radeon, 4800 series, and it gets to this page:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp
From there, I click the link, and I get that leech page error, but this is the first time ever in like 10 driver revisions since I switched back to ATI that this has ever happened to me. Odd. Maybe they did something different with this release that they weren't doing with older ones.

edit - However, right clicking and going "Save link as..." works fine. Odd.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 17:56.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
14. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers May 19, 2009, 15:53 everyone

If this analysis of the leaked version of the drivers is true

Guh. They weren't leaked. They were RELEASED, but the guys who update the site were away and unable to add it to the AMD site. AMD themselves even said "go ahead and download these new WHQL'd 9.5s" stating that they wouldn't be up on the site until the next week, but that they should be the same drivers.

Also, I have NEVER had any problems with downloading drivers from the AMD site. I use the latest version of Firefox. Those of you who are having issues may want to uninstall and remove any traces from the registry as download managers such as DownThemAll and others may be causing some kind of conflict which simply reinstalling does not fix. ???

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update Thursday
16. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 19, 2009, 06:10 everyone

Guys, I never meant to suggest they'd have to re-render the ENTIRE video, just that small sequence where the wall grid appeared.

And no, the videos are CG, not in-game. Sure, they use ASSETS from the game, but not the game engine itself. They render it frame by frame but it's set up to LOOK something like the game. Last time I checked, TF2 doesn't have volumetric lighting or true shadows. Both features are plentiful in the Spy video.

Show me where in the youtube version you could even tell it had been changed. I think you guys are trippin on some good shit.

12. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 19, 2009, 01:28 everyone

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2606/spyvidgrid.jpg

It doesn't look doctored to me. They would have had to entirely re-render that sequence to get that text in there if it had said something else before. I'm pretty sure it didn't. The video was "leaked" on purpose. It's just creative genius at work at Valve. Stop with the fucking conspiracy theories already. This isn't a DNF thread. >:\

5. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 18, 2009, 22:40 everyone

Well played indeed. Gotta love Valve for having a good sense of humour on the early leak issue.

facepalm.jpg

They leaked it on purpose, dummy.

618 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo