Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for everyone

Real Name everyone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 14:02
Total Comments 617 (Apprentice)
User ID 22821

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > German Wolfenstein PC Recall
3. Re: Wolfenstein PC Recall Sep 22, 2009, 12:53 everyone

LAWLZ.

Germany should be "verboten" from being on the lists of publishers waiting to release anything.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Runaway - A Twist Of Fate Trailer
1. Re: Runaway - A Twist Of Fate Trailer Sep 22, 2009, 12:47 everyone

Wow. Finally finishing up the trilogy, are we?

The first two were fucking BRILLIANT. Some of the best adventures I'd played yet. I hadn't heard of them until a friend of mine recommended them, or I read about them somewhere on some "Best Adventures You've Never Heard Of" article or something (I don't remember which. XD) ...

It's a shame these games aren't more well known. I recommend you guys acquire them and check them out, if you can find them. Great games.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Guard Dogs?
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Guard Dogs? Sep 22, 2009, 12:38 everyone

It refers to this (obviously fake), which someone spent WAAAAYYY too much time on:
http://guarddog.50webs.com/

I have to actually make my firefox window narrower for it to show up properly though because somebody doesn't understand CSS, and my window is at 1920 pixels wide, so the images stagger all over the place.. XD

News Comments > BioShock 2 to Surface Feb 2010
19. Re: BioShock 2 in Feb 2010 Sep 19, 2009, 16:44 everyone

Who cares? The first one was EXTREMELY overrated--shitty even. I don't understand why so many claim to have liked it. Not holding on to any hopes for this one either. Sorry.

Also, games need to stop using the shitty Unreal engine (all versions). It's really quite garbage, and I hate how every game that uses it feels exactly the same. The weapons feel underpowered, everything is fucking shiny, it lacks AA, and for some reason, it causes my 4870x2 to fucking VPU recover because it doesn't know it's in a 3d mode, so the fan never kicks up to where it's supposed to be unless I force it to.

And no, NO other games (except EVERY Unreal Engine game) cause my card to VPU recover, and it only does it when I don't force the fan to 100% before launching the game. I made a custom fan profile, and it's fine in far more demanding games, so it's not that--the engine is just so shitty that it causes this for some reason.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2009, 16:45.

News Comments > Need for Speed: SHIFT Demo
24. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 02:23 everyone

Well, fuck. I can meet you there then.  

21. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 19, 2009, 00:28 everyone

Yeah, come to Seattle. We'll meet up.  

News Comments > Fireteam Reloaded Out of Ammo
15. Re: Fireteam Reloaded Out of Ammo Sep 18, 2009, 18:45 everyone

This game must not have been that great. I'd never even HEARD of it or its predecessor. Maybe if they'd done a little marketing, they might have found an audience. Then again, maybe it just sucked. >_>

Well TF2 went the WoW way with graphics. Sort of taking their own artistic style rather that going for realism.

What the FUCK?!?! Are you seriously comparing TF2 to WoW? Really? No, dude, you're way off. TF2 went with an artistic style. WoW just has really fucking shitty graphics from 1995. It isn't artistic at all, it's just hideous and outdated.

The fact that some people find it fun doesn't mean the designers were trying to give it a stylized look. They were stuck with more of an outdated engine than TF2 has. There is a difference between "ugly," and "stylized."

Creston, when have you ever said something positive on this site about anything. Perhaps seek therapy?

I'm thinking maybe this IS his therapy...?

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2009, 18:54.

7. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 11:49 everyone

Interestingly, Trine comes with a newer version of Physx.  

5. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 11:42 everyone

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 19, 2009, 12:22.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend Underway
4. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend Underway Sep 18, 2009, 01:29 everyone

I'm wondering how many threads this fucker is gunna spam this bullshit in, actually.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed SHIFT
7. Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Ships Sep 15, 2009, 13:12 everyone

No damage model?

No thanks.

Come on EA, stop rushing your fucking devs. Christ.

News Comments > Prey for Zenimax
5. Re: Prey for Zenimax Sep 8, 2009, 16:29 everyone

@2: Oh my god I know.

I fucking HATE it when people spell it like "iD..." Christ.

For those who doubt, Go to this page, and tell me the title you see at the top of your browser...

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Details, Screenshots
14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Details, Screenshots Sep 4, 2009, 18:29 everyone

Why's this game have a gangsta bitch in it?

And that press ad photo thing that's at a ridiculous resolution... Check out how fucking shitty it looks. Whoever they hired to make that really did a half-assed job. It's a combination of in-game assets with some photos of models standing there, and then the person who mocked this poster up just brushed on the thing to make it look like a painting. ...Except it looks like it was just brushed on in Photoshop without putting any real effort in.

There are brush strokes with fucking ugly Photoshop brushes in some cases where you can see brush "tiling," and the stuff underneath it gives away their lack of effort. You can see pixellation in the game screenshot bits, and the photos of the actors are really lazily brushed over.

Is this lack of skillful execution indicative of the creators of the game as well?

News Comments > BioShock 2 MP Trailer
12. Re: BioShock 2 MP Trailer Sep 4, 2009, 18:16 everyone

I really never understood all the hype behind the first game. It really wasn't all that great of a game, imo. In fact, it was a rather mediocre game. Certainly not impressed by the sequel, either.

On a slightly less related note: Why do Unreal engine games look like this? I'm not sure how to describe it, but they have this plasticy look and feel, and all the weapons feel EXTREMELY underpowered. It's really annoying to me. It's ugly, and that's before considering the lack of AA.

News Comments > GPU Flocking Movie
4. Re: GPU AI Movie Sep 3, 2009, 21:10 everyone

It could be cool for background elements (I immediately thought of a huge flock of crows in an eerie game scene), or for more interactive game elements. For instance, imagine GTA4, but the traffic utilizes this kind of technology for even more dynamic traffic jams. XD

Yeah, I dunno about the practicality of this either, but maybe someone can remake SimAnt...

News Comments > EA Sues over Godfather Guns
4. Re: EA Sues over Godfather Guns Sep 2, 2009, 12:08 everyone

Fuck you EA, honestly. Just hurry the fuck up and go out of business already. If you're so hurting for cash that you have to launch RIAA-style lawsuits to recoup some padding, really, that should tell you something about your business model and how it isn't working. Maybe you should get out of the gaming industry.  

News Comments > Peregrine Glove Videos
3. Re: Peregrine Glove Videos Sep 2, 2009, 11:48 everyone

gesture-based gaming controller that may prove handy.

Oh, you.

News Comments > Massive Ad Deal
30. Re: EA's Massive Ad Deal Aug 30, 2009, 04:36 everyone

Somebody find out all the domains for Massive, so we can block them at our Hosts file now...

edit -
aside from massiveincorporated.com or whatever, there are these name servers:

ns1.msft.net. ['65.55.37.62']
ns2.msft.net. ['64.4.59.173']
ns3.msft.net. ['213.199.161.77']
ns4.msft.net. ['207.46.66.126']
ns5.msft.net. ['65.55.226.140']

Blocking these should effectively eliminate their invasive advertising injection schemes, right? Could possibly break other things though, as it is Microsoft.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2009, 11:57.

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Aug 24, 2009, 11:51 everyone

Wow. One duplicate story and another that ALMOST looks like a duplicate. Interesting.  

News Comments > CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser
3. Re: CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser Aug 22, 2009, 19:20 everyone

Yes. It would be a great opportunity for them to get out of a bad situation with a bad development house. Sometimes the thing people need to get them out of a rut is a little nudge. All those skilled people can find better jobs at better companies and put this blemish in their past.  

617 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo