Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for everyone

Real Name everyone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 14:02
Total Comments 618 (Apprentice)
User ID 22821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
20. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 13, 2012, 05:19 everyone

Jerykk wrote on May 12, 2012, 22:41:
People have different priorities and as such, there is no objectively superior perspective for any given genre.
You've obviously never tried to shoot through a doorway or throw a grenade through a window in (wonky, over the shoulder) third person, then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
89. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 7, 2012, 10:19 everyone

Dev wrote on May 3, 2012, 21:02:
Probably that they wanted to make sure it was consolized? Most MMO's aren't.
WTF are you talking about? He just listed the main features of every PC MMO ever. How do you "consolize" what is primarily a console game (Skyrim) by making it more like a typical PC game (WOW et al)?

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer
23. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Website; Trailer May 5, 2012, 11:12 everyone

Would a vaguely similar art style have been too much to ask for? It looks like every other low-rent MMO. If it wasn't for the Ordinatorish bloke, I wouldn't have guessed it was TES in a million years.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues
16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues May 4, 2012, 10:20 everyone

nin wrote on May 4, 2012, 09:44:
Or just stop buying shit on Origin. That's a much better plan.
Never happens with any other game download services, of course. Nooo...

News Comments > PC MW3 to Get DLC!
12. Re: PC MW3 to Get DLC! Apr 28, 2012, 16:57 everyone

Drezden wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:45:
I downloaded it on Steam for the free weekend.
2 hours later deleted it.

Fast paced, kill streaking kiddy bullshit. What a waste of time and hard drive space that game is. Should be ashamed if you actually pay for it, even at the discounted price.
Nothing particularly fast about it, but I agree with the rest.
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 13:51:
This is why I own BF3 and not MW.
Huh. I thought they were the same game...

News Comments > The Walking Dead Episode One Released
10. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 16:54 everyone

RPS review. Sounds pretty decent actually.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer
10. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters Trailer Apr 26, 2012, 15:37 everyone

Wow, what a spamfest. I know it's just a trailer but jesus... that looks plain awful.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Kickstarter
7. Re: Grim Dawn Kickstarter Apr 17, 2012, 17:21 everyone

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 17:06:
I've not read everything about the KS, maybe they hope to employ more people and get it done sooner?

Seeing as they have only two full-time employees, I'd say that's a possibility. And they were talking about running out of funds long before KS became fashionable.

News Comments > Rune Revival?
16. Re: Rune Revival? Apr 16, 2012, 06:06 everyone

Jerykk wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 22:18:
The SP campaign was fairly lackluster but MP was great. I'm surprised no one has made a Viking-themed Mount& Blade mod yet.
There's Vikingr. MP only but it's meant to be a good'n.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
110. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 15:03 everyone

Orogogus wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 12:16:
There have been a fair number of recent turn-based crawlers (albeit mostly on consoles and handhelds) while the last real-time one was...
Arx Fatalis?

News Comments > Ravaged Kickstart
18. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 8, 2012, 06:21 everyone

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 21:53:
That's why Call of Duty and the recent Battlefield games have had single-player campaigns, even though they were extremely brief and forgettable.
Exactly. They were shitty, pointless wastes of dev time/money. Frontlines' campaign even more so. More another bullet-point for the box, than a worthwhile addition to the games. I don't base my purchase decisions on bullet-points, but each to their own.

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
10. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 7, 2012, 20:05 everyone

Nobody mentioned dumbing down, just a more realistically intuitive control scheme. Basic player movement shouldn't feel like you're trying to fly a Harrier.  

8. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 14:17 everyone

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2012, 13:21:
$25 is pretty pricey for this type of game. And this is just to raise money for marketing? No thanks.
"This type of game" being a seemingly retail-quality Multiplayer FPS? How is half of what they usually go for "pricey"?

4. Re: Ravaged Kickstart Apr 7, 2012, 13:04 everyone

Yeah, I think they're just Kaos Studios with a new name. But I'm hoping with the absence of a publisher breathing down their necks, and not having to put half of the dev time into to a shitty SP campaign no one wants, they'll finally be able to make the game they've always wanted. It certainly looks to have the scale and focus on vehicles that Battlefield used to have, before it went all COD. And you can't go wrong with a bit of post-apoc. I'd give them some money if I had any.  

News Comments > The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats Announced
3. Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats Announced Apr 3, 2012, 10:04 everyone

A video of Katy showing off her "sweet treats"? Me too. D:  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 30, 2012, 06:01 everyone

Prez wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 21:04:
Wow, Ridge Racer is making its way to PC after what, 15 years?
Looks more Flatout than Ridge Racer, but either's fine with me.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors
24. Re: Prey 2 Cancellation Rumors Mar 24, 2012, 11:14 everyone

Hope this isn't true. The game sounds great.  

News Comments > Dishonored Video
1. Re: Dishonored Video Mar 20, 2012, 10:56 everyone

Really excited about this one. The art alone has me pitching a trouser tent.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
44. Re: Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase" Mar 20, 2012, 09:06 everyone

This shit right here is exactly what I don't want. This game development by focus group shit is precisely what made DA2 suck as much nard as it did. I want devs to make games because they love doing so. That's the only way to make a truly good game. I get the feeling that everyone left at Bioware these days has either had all the passion sucked out of them long ago, or simply never had any to begin with. They just aren't capable of making good games anymore. They can fold for all I care. I'll be playing games from devs that still give a shit.
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 22:42:
Was DA:O all that great? Seem pretty simplified model as a turned based game.
Not great, but promising. It showed that a more traditional style of RPG may still sell amongst all your CODs, GOWs, and WOWs. But rather than weed out the crap and expand on what it did well for the sequel, they stripped out all it did right, kept all it got wrong and added a lot more wrongness on top.
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 22:08:
In fact, that reuse of characters and plot structure from game to game has come to define everything Bioware has done post-BG2.
http://i36.tinypic.com/1zb9eg3.png

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
59. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 08:21 everyone

Teddy wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 07:41:
What game and budget achieved my results? As in, what games were produced for significantly less cost than the original in significantly less time while using the same base engine? You really need the answer to that one? Pretty much any Call of Duty following Modern Warfare, all based on the same base engine with minor alterations where the bulk of the work was on 'new' content.
You're seriously going to compare adding a few new guns and maps to COD, to creating an RPG the size of FNV? And ignoring the fact that Fallout 3 wasn't built on a new engine either? Yeah.. you might want to re-think that one.

618 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo