Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Peter Goeleven

Real Name Peter Goeleven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname pgoeleven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 7, 2005, 01:31
Total Comments 219 (Novice)
User ID 22819

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo
57. No subject Apr 27, 2006, 07:47 pgoeleven

So basically another potentially great PC game screwed over by the xbox?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
4. shafted Apr 21, 2006, 18:31 pgoeleven

Is the PC version as expensive as the xbox one? :s

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Condemned: Criminal Origins
18. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 05:24 pgoeleven

I got spooked by Deus Ex.

It was like 4 or 5 AM, been playing all night long, and I got to the part with the aliens in some lab (could have been Area 51), I was 100% stealth and had sonarvision so I could seem them through the walls before I saw them up close. Man they creeped me out. Just randomly wandering around and standing their with their dull AI.

Turned out they were just mutated monkeys but still cool.

News Comments > Red Orchestra Patch
1. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 04:52 pgoeleven

So how is the full game anyway? Never heard about it anymore since the release.

Worth $30?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Legend
18. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2006, 04:51 pgoeleven

fredrickson, wtf?

You've made 5 posts of which 4 are about StarForce, in one post you claim there's no harm in StarForce while in the other you bash it. Make up your mind man.

Fucking plant prolly...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Condemned: Criminal Origins
3. No subject Apr 11, 2006, 15:50 pgoeleven

Loved the demo, played it a few times but never saved properly after the intro scene where you search for evidence so I had to sit through that every time :p.

Nice game, combat was real visceral, but according to the reviews it gets repetitive and the CSI part isn't so hot.

If this was like 20 or 30 I'd buy it, at 45 I'm not so sure tbh.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Legend
3. No subject Apr 11, 2006, 15:45 pgoeleven

GameSpot reviewed it. Ain't that hot according to them (but still OK I guess), which is the feeling I got from playing the demo.

I think it's sort of a weak PoP clone and it suffers from the same problem PoP had: weak combat. Although the combat from PoP was a bit better than the gunplay in Tomb Raider...

News Comments > Site Seeing
13. No subject Apr 11, 2006, 14:37 pgoeleven

Whooo! I can't wait, suck on this Blizzard!!

News Comments > Universal Combat: A World Apart Patch
10. No subject Apr 11, 2006, 12:41 pgoeleven

You know I never got what the deal was with the Coke machines... so he attacked them or what? Why?

Anyone care to explain? dsmart maybe? Thx.

News Comments > State of the RTS
8. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2006, 06:56 pgoeleven

There are a few games that have tried to implement a strategical component - RoN and BfME as examples. It's extremely basic, pretty much comprised of 'pick which area to attack next', but at least that's strategy. Fighting a single battle on a single map, whether you have to build buildings and collect resources or not, is not strategy.

Damn straight.

Beamer: what happened to good old common sense? Just because Wikipedia says something doesn't mean it's correct. Wikipedia is run by volunteers afterall, and maybe they're wrong on some occasions. They're still people, with their own opinions.

Furthermore, you completely missed the point I was making: yes those games are being called strategy games, but that's just a gross misnomer. Everyone calls them that (yes even the folks at Wikipedia), just because people misnamed them at the very beginning.

Look up the words strategy and tactics in your dictionary and tell me what that has to do with base building. Just being able to build a base doesn't make a game a strategy game.

Do us all a favor and think before taking some one else's opinion and passing it as fact the next time.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 07:01.

5. No subject Apr 9, 2006, 19:15 pgoeleven

The strategic part of Rome:TW is turn based so I'm not sure how you'd call that an RTS. The actual real time part of Rome:TW is entirely a tactical game, no strategic considerations what so ever. Not sure what you're getting at here.

You're right about the real-time aspect, but I meant the scope of the game (i.e. winning a war instead of a battle).

1. I'll tell you where it's going... Apr 9, 2006, 16:35 pgoeleven

... nowhere.

They're still churning out Dune copies, remembering everything, learning nothing.

And then, when some guy writes about RTS games, he excludes the one game that definitely deserves the title: Rome:TW. Moron. In fact, the games in that article do not deserve to be called real time strategy games, but real time tactics games.

Yes let's all get a hard-on when the next Blizzard "RTS" game is announced and then spray our shorts when it's released.

Here's hoping Supreme Commander will do something new.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 16:36.

News Comments > SiN Episodes Times Nine
71. No subject Apr 6, 2006, 14:43 pgoeleven

How many DVDs do you own? $20 for most DVDs is less than 2 hours of content. STFU already, you whiney bitches.

You fool, maybe that just means that DVDs are ALSO overpriced?!

Hey here's an idea, let's charge $10 for every hour you get out of it, that'll bring it up to the, according to you, correct price of DVDs... Idiot.

News Comments > SiN Episodes Times Nine
33. No subject Apr 6, 2006, 06:50 pgoeleven

To me, this likens SiN to 9 season finales but with no actual season. On the other hand, I'll buy it when the series is completed -- not only will I get a huge FPS game to play through, but it'll be cheap as hell. That's pretty much how I watch my TV series as it is.

Seconded.

I'm voting with my dollars AND by being a loudmouth at forums.

News Comments > SiN Episode 1: Emergence Preloads
36. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 22:29 pgoeleven

Pre-ordering something is the supidest thing you can do. Unless you've already sampled it, which, in this case, nobody has.

Fools.

News Comments > SiN Episode 1 Retail Plans
22. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 18:45 pgoeleven

How many episodes will there be? I'm guessing three? So that'd be $60 for a game that's only a couple of hours.

Yes, I can see why developers would want to move to episodic content...

News Comments > XP on Macs
7. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 10:34 pgoeleven

"When you can't beat 'em..."

I recently read that Jobs is a total jackass in person. Some ex-employees spilled the beans and the picture they draw isn't the chrome-plated sunshine Apple would have you believe.

News Comments > XP on Macs
1. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 10:17 pgoeleven

Apple has no desire or plan to sell or support Windows, but many customers have expressed their interest to run Windows on Apple's superior hardware now that we use Intel processors.

Oh GOD. Can you believe it? For years they've been badmouthing Intel processors and now that they use them themselves, they are "superior" to all others.

And people fall for that.

News Comments > Oblivion Downloads
52. No subject Apr 5, 2006, 07:15 pgoeleven

If the PC and 360 versions are exactly the same, why did the console boys get suckered into paying an extra $10?

You just get less for more, what with the gazillion of free mods available for the PC...

Fools.

News Comments > Oblivion Downloads
18. No subject Apr 4, 2006, 20:16 pgoeleven

Yeah but I wouldn't wanna pay an extra $2 for a game that cost me around 40: Considering all the content you get for 40, $2 for what, two pieces of armour seems a bit much...

But then you paid $60 or $70.

219 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo