Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for steve

Real Name steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mysticmage
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2005, 20:42
Total Comments 43 (Suspect)
User ID 22786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Jack Thompson to be Disbarred
53. lawyer Sep 25, 2008, 21:14 mysticmage

yes thats right jack thomson is not the only lawyer in florida. we still have John Morgan.

FOR THE PEOPLE!!

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 21:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QUAKE Ray Tracing Movie
12. raytracing. Jun 11, 2008, 11:49 mysticmage

Nice demos. and those people in april who said its not possible are still right. look at what they are doing it with?. quake 3,4 what is the Polygon count on those models? 500? or less. quake 4? 1200? max texture size 256x256?
that is how they are doing it. unlike high end. 3d studio max each model could be 30,000 Polygons with 2048 or higher texture sizes. i would love to see ray tracing with Age of conan or crysis or any game release within the last 6 months.

ray tracing is still something we'll see done with 3d studio max or maya for years to come. or until we get 24 core processors with 32gb of ram.

News Comments > Anti-Piracy Chip?
66. cubase May 24, 2008, 11:53 mysticmage

no one really cares about cubase. if we were comparing audio to graphics programs cubase is like Paint Shop Pro. while Photoshop would be Protools. and that would be the main reason why it's not cracked. I will put money down if it was protools it would have been cracked 9 years ago.

everyone uses Pro tools not cubase. i dont even like Steinberg's products. Dongle Authorization does not work. it's been cracked. btw what happens if you loose the dongle. Your SOL right?

News Comments > 3DMark Vantage Released
20. who cares Apr 28, 2008, 14:17 mysticmage

if you want to benchmark your system fire up crysis.

3d mark is so 2003. When people used to have lan parties and it was cool to load up 3d mark and show off your scores.

I stopped using 3d mark a few years ago. have not touched it since. and I want to see real results from games. not a benchmarking program that takes bribes to make a higher score better on one set of hardware then another.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Brief
1. no more dish DVR Apr 13, 2008, 13:26 mysticmage

This has no effect on Dish 622 and 625 DVR Boxes. the new boxes do no break the Patent at all.

So NO DISH DVR's are not going away any time soon.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Ray Tracing Movie - Updated
13. Re: Um Blue... Apr 7, 2008, 13:42 mysticmage

I agree Ray Tracing is a long way off for real time 3d. you guys should check out some pics using vray and 3d max, maya. very impressive. and exciting to think we will be playing life like games in a few short years.

News Comments > Sweeney: PCs Good for Anything... But Games
36. ok. Mar 11, 2008, 08:31 mysticmage

ok. this is coming from the guy who wrote a Text Editor For dos and turned it into ZZT (A Game) That started epic games. yeah remember ZZT a completely ANSI Graphic based game?

I think he is completely wrong. I have a lot of friends who are main stream pc owners. who like to play Flash Puzzle games, hold em poker. simple 2d games.

RPG Maker XP (VX) and game maker communities are huge. same with Mame. and for some reason same with Runesword.
proof that 2d games are still alive and even horrid 3d graphic games are doing way better then unreal Tournament 3 on the pc.

get it epic? Make a 2d game that people care about and it will sell.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. failure? Nov 29, 2007, 22:30 mysticmage

lets not forget it's out in japan. and all news stories i can pull up says it sold 250k first week in japan. So we know there's 750k copies sold so far. which is good. and lets see. halo3 sold 50k it's first week released in japan. so considering these numbers I hardly think it's a failure.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis
17. crysis Nov 13, 2007, 13:56 mysticmage

this game is funny. I can run bioshock and Call of duty 4 at full settings. 1680x1050 at hit 30fps. yet crysis I hit about 8-10fps same settings. it makes you wonder how in bed crytek is with intel, microsoft and nvidia and if your not running a 5000 dollar super SLI intel Quad extreme setup expect crap fame rates.

and when you select medium settings. the game looks bad. yeah lets not forget i am running XP. DX9. but what is also funny is bioshock and COD4 look absolutely beautiful with dx9.

so my point is Why does crysis run god awful when bioshock and COD4 are just as graphic intensive.

So in that case i will take a pass on this
and will stick with Call of duty 4 for a while thank you.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Free Trial
22. Re: Ill give you 10 days free trial Aug 30, 2007, 13:41 mysticmage

lol I see your a typical GW player xXBatmanXx. have to get a insult in there. to hard for you to act professional.
yes your right you can get off at lv12 IF you dont do the extra quests. but the point I was making it's not so bad. it doesnt feel like grinding.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 13:43.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Free Trial
18. Re: Ill give you 10 days free trial Aug 30, 2007, 09:48 mysticmage

leveling isnt the problem with MMOrpg's Grinding is the problem. I think the problem with Guild Wars is the LV20 cap if your playing PvE. there's no way besides Grinding Lightbringer skill sigh!. to make your avatar more powerful to complete the final 2 missions of night fall. I DO Love how arena.net setup Factions and Nightfall for starting avatars. You do missions and by the time your off Newbee island Your at LV20. doesnt feel like grinding at all. more MMO's need to do this. and this is the major reason i canceled my Vanguard account. bugs and crashes didnt really bother me to much. the level grinding is the reason I stopped playing. I dont have 30 hours to Go up One level. I have a full time job and I have a ton of things to do on the weekend. only chance I get to play is when i get off work for a few hours at night and maybe 2 or 3 hours at night on the weekends.

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned
96. Bioshock Aug 24, 2007, 09:43 mysticmage

I am sorry after this complete F-UP I will refuse to buy this game and any other game like it. look Dumbasses you just lost a sale due to your stupidity with your DRM BS. you decided to put in the game and i refuse to buy. and the point as already been made. Why is it that no DRM music is selling more on itunes, and games like Oblivion have sold so well. and I dont even Mind account based games like Guild Wars. guild wars is has a great system. I enter my key and I can DOWNLOAD the client from their web site as many times as i want and if i have the key to factions or night fall GW will download all content for it. GW has sold millions of copies. so I guess these guys are doing things right. live and learn 2K Games!!!!!

News Comments > Armed Assault 2 Announced
8. ArmA Aug 22, 2007, 13:25 mysticmage

I love OFP and and I like ArmA. my problem is though after 30 mins of play the game crashes. I will be playing the game and then all of the sudden I will see the full screen image of my solder's SKIN on screen like a JPEG Image. and then the game will crash and only way to fix it is to reboot my comp. I have a Geforce 8800GT 640mb of memory. has to be a bug with the game. I have not had a single problem with any other game and I have the latest drivers. so yeah ARMA is a good game except it seems to be buggy.

News Comments > Vanguard Patched
11. vanguard Aug 17, 2007, 17:28 mysticmage

i picked up the game in feb and just canceled my account. I had a 5 month run with the game. I got very bored with it. it's not that it's hard. but took Forever to level up I dont have that kind of time to sit there for 5 hours kill the same thing over and over again. and plus i got tired of the gold spamers, crashing every 10 mins and not mention the how screwed the market was. people asking 50 gold for some dumb sword that does 80 damage. so thats it. the end of vanguard for me. Never to return. waiting for the next big thing like age of Conan.

News Comments > Age of Conan Delayed Again
8. good Aug 10, 2007, 14:18 mysticmage

I am glad to hear they are going to do this. after 5 months of Vanguard which I just canceled my account. and I will never return. God awful game. I spent half the time bored grinding crafting and adventureing then having fun. not to mention it crashes every two hours and gold spamers bothering you every 5 mins. I am finally done with it waiting for the next big mmo to come along. so I hope AOC lives up to it's hype.

News Comments > On Vanguard's Future
11. vanguard May 1, 2007, 02:37 mysticmage

its a shame. i've been playing for a few months now. after getting extremely bored with guild wars. vanguard is a good game. it has good graphics and depth. but SO god awful buggy. the last patch released i crash every 10 mins and have been thinking about canceling my account because its so bad. I like what it has. and its a shame because everyone is right. first impressions mean alot. I dont ever think vanguard will hit a pop of 500k.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Why are T1 Lines still expensive? Apr 26, 2007, 22:24 mysticmage

T-1's have droped in price over the years. the question to ask is why is OC-3 so expensive. I work in fiberoptics. they pay the installers 20 an hour or less to run the line and config. yeah yeah then you need the fiber switches and routers and connect it to a bigger pipe. but after the line is there. in about 3 years or less that line would have paid for it self 10 times over. check out FTTC of FTTH certification programs. they can only gurantee you a job with verzion making 15 an hour or less. now that is sad.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: windows vista, Apr 14, 2007, 09:38 mysticmage

they dont need to port. and there's no reason to do so at the current time. I can see when most games are DX10 someone coming along and writing a wrapper or dx10 emulator that will work with win xp\2000.

News Comments > Epic Iffy on Windows Live
9. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2007, 06:23 mysticmage

I dont understand why so many people think DX10 is going to change gaming forever. IT's a API. a TOOL Not a 3d Engine. and most of what they call Exclusive OpenGL is already capable of doing or will be in the future. for high end rendering, maya, 3d max why do devs support OpenGL over dx? because it's faster and more stable. and we all know that it's not about the cool lighting cheats you can do but the poli count of the models and texture res that make things look better.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. No subject Mar 25, 2007, 13:32 mysticmage

I would say Life Killed Lan parties for me. Been busy with other things lost contact with the People I used to have lan parties with. that and my 6mbit internet connection. and I would say battlefield 2142 also. NOW who in the world would play BF2142 without a internet connection. everyone would bitch about how they are not getting ranked for their kills. :\

43 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo