Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A51Abductee

Real Name A51Abductee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2005, 11:43
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 22780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Portal for Using New EU Payment Option
2. Re: Free Portal for Using New EU Payment Option Aug 19, 2010, 21:48 A51Abductee

Maybe this explains why I have been unable to purchase anything on Steam for the last few days without it rejecting my info after a silly IP check. I'm currently in Mexico but all my account and CC info is from back home in the States. And yeah, it was working fine for months before this.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unreal 1 DirectX 10/11 Renderer
8. Re: Unreal 1 DirectX 10/11 Renderer Aug 8, 2010, 22:48 A51Abductee

good thing i kept all the discs of these updated games! did the installation process from the original discs give anyone a problem with vista or windows 7?

Nope, zirik, DeusEx installed for me on win7 with no problems at all.

I installed this renderer and the New Vision textures today - DeusEx has never looked better. What an awesome mod!

News Comments > Unreal 1 DirectX 10/11 Renderer
4. Re: Unreal 1 DirectX 10/11 Renderer Aug 8, 2010, 15:52 A51Abductee

Just tried it out, and Deus Ex looks and runs amazingly well. A nice bonus feature is that it does auto FOV for whatever resolution you select, and automatically shows the highest resolutions your hardware will support by default.

Kudos to the developer. Thanks very much for your work.

If they end up including DX1 in some kind of preorder bundle with DX3, Eidos should include this mod by default (and maybe even pay the guy something).

Deus Ex never gets old, and mods like these ensure that all the Unreal 1 engine games will be around for a long, long time.

News Comments > New Neverwinter Game Announcement Nears?
3. Re: New Neverwinter Game Announcement Nears? Aug 8, 2010, 15:05 A51Abductee

This is great news, and if it is NWN, it makes you wonder if it will be PC exclusive like the last two (the cynic in me says no). Looking forward to it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 14:59 A51Abductee

All the best during these hard times. We greatly appreciate all your dedication and work on this site.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 12, 2010, 00:36 A51Abductee

Same here.. was waiting for a sale on Metro 2033, and here it is finally. Maybe this will be a nice break from my current Call of Pripyat 3rd playthrough. Can't get enough CoP  

11. Re: Feces Apr 11, 2010, 18:42 A51Abductee

Enahs wrote on Apr 11, 2010, 18:23:
Meat is tasty. Not eating meat is unnatural.

And who are you to determine what is "natural" exactly? Why don't you go on and tell your belief of what is "natural" to the half a billion people of the Indian Subcontinent who are vegetarian, and have been so for 3500 years. While you're at it you could also tell them that their vegetarianism has been "impossible" until 100 years ago too.

and fuck off what other people say

Yeah, ok, I guess that pretty much sums it up.

9. Re: Feces Apr 11, 2010, 18:13 A51Abductee

GayBlade wrote on Apr 11, 2010, 18:04:

Beyond gross. Yet another reason to go vegetarian, or at least drastically reduce meat and animal product consumption, and never look back.

What do you think the crops are fertilized with, especially the "all natural" produce? You are what you eat, shithead

True that! Personally I'd rather eat corn that's been fed with plain shit than cows with modified stomachs that have been fed corn and pieces of other cows that have both been fed with shit. Since basically everything that we eat is made from corn, guess we're all full of shit.

5. Re: Feces Apr 11, 2010, 16:54 A51Abductee

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 11, 2010, 15:40:
Beyond gross. Yet another reason to go vegetarian, or at least drastically reduce meat and animal product consumption, and never look back.

Meh nothing new - man wasn't intended to eat foliage only.

On a brighter topic I have spent about 10 hours in 2 settings on Just Cause 1. The more I play the better it gets. The first couple hours were pretty lame. I am having fun taking over the settlements and cities with helos.

This is getting me more excited for JC2 - but I will wait for a nice sale or bargain bin. By the time I finish this game and a couple others sitting by the xbox360 (yes I am playing on console even though I have a copy for pc also) JC2 should be less than $20.00.

Hundreds of hours of gaming for a few bucks. Can't beat it.

Man wasn't intended to sit in front of a machine for hundreds of hours and play videogames, yet we do it anyway. What exactly is your point, bro.

From my perspective, I've been veg for 15 years and counting and I figure if there was something nutritional that my human body was missing I'd be dead by now. But we make our own choices, and to each his/her own.

Anyway.. good idea to go back to JC1. Right now I'm away from my main rig, stuck with my ancient laptop, and playing a bunch of old games. Mafia 1 still rocks, and runs great. JC1 would be a perfect sandbox fix after Mafia.

2. Re: Feces Apr 11, 2010, 15:31 A51Abductee

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 17, 2010, 18:36 A51Abductee

As a left-handed gamer and mouse user, Im all over that Razer mouse. Very happy to see it. The best Ive been able to do over the years is an ambidextrous Logitech mouse, so this Razer mouse will be quite exciting to try out.  

News Comments > AvP Demo Released Early
11. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 3, 2010, 23:29 A51Abductee

I couldn't find any games either, even after disabling my firewall (I did originally get the fw popup). This was pretty much a waste of time.

...back to the new Stalker. A proper PC game, in 2010, imagine that =) *dodge*

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 23:30.

News Comments > AvP Demo Released Early
10. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 3, 2010, 23:20 A51Abductee

They can toot their horn all they want about DX11, the game's graphics are just mediocre at best.

Just FYI, this demo supports DirectX 9 only. So if there's anyone who's leeching this for DX11, don't bother.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Feb 2, 2010, 20:09 A51Abductee

The weight limits aren't that big a deal in my view, and if anything add a bit of realism to the inventory management. Plenty of games have encumbrance, including the one you quote in your sig Acleacius You can find a few artefacts to help raise your carrying weight too.

STALKER tries to make you feel vulnerable and not just a god running around with a Kalashnikov. Noone can run around carrying 60kg for very long.

But the CS time limits - yeah they're just plain annoying

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Feb 2, 2010, 17:20 A51Abductee

Yeah, there was a UK/European version of SoC with a metal tin. If you're interested, Rhialto has some shots of the Clear Sky CEs from Russia and Poland. They were loaded with goodies.

http://www.rhialto.com/S.T.A.L.K.E.R./index.php

IMHO, Rhialto's self-produced coin is more meaningful though.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Feb 2, 2010, 16:56 A51Abductee

Yeah, Surf, I could be wrong but I think they're all "Collectors Edition." The version shown on the Gamestop website is also CE for $40. Maybe it's just for the initial pressing or two, and then it will revert to a regular edition.

A map, poster, and stickers isn't as fancy as the stuff they get in Europe. But it's more than we've ever got in North America before and I'm grateful for the extra treats. Especially at a $40 price point.

Can't wait to play this.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Feb 2, 2010, 15:34 A51Abductee

Aero, read a review like the Eurogamer one posted earlier today. It's solid.

Called up my local Lamestop and they said they'll have it in stock tomorrow. Tomorrow's going to be a long, scary night.

Edit:
"Collector's Edition includes area map, tech-tree poster, stickers, and more"
Nice bonus, plus that it's selling for $40.00 US.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2010, 15:47.

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator "Predator" Trailer
3. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Jan 28, 2010, 13:42 A51Abductee

"w-w-want some candy..?"  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
7. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jan 28, 2010, 09:50 A51Abductee

No problems here either, knock on wood. Sapphire 5870.  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
1. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Jan 27, 2010, 16:52 A51Abductee

Been waiting for these drivers. Only 4 days left in January, but ATI made it.  

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo