Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A51Abductee

Real Name A51Abductee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2005, 11:43
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 22780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Conan Director Leaves
20. Re: History repeats itself... Sep 17, 2008, 20:44 A51Abductee

Just FYI the long-awaited "PvP" patch for AoC finally came out today and is now live on the servers. The patch notes are extensive, and go well beyond PvP. My favorite: no more lame cotton drops, woo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
14. Re: Stalker US Sep 16, 2008, 12:23 A51Abductee

Surf - you can upgrade the first armor (that CS gives you as a quest reward) with level 1 night vision. Makes the nights slightly more bearable, but still scary as hell.

Loving this game, screw the official reviews. Perhaps Deep Silver and GSC just didn't have the funds/clout to bribe the reviewers like the "Grade A" hype games out there.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in NA Next Week
5. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 15:03 A51Abductee

I agree with Dreagon, and would also like to point out that the reviewer was obviously playing an unpatched version of the game. Shadow of Chernobyl took a few patches before it really shined, and I expect the same for Clear Sky. I hope that the Steam version is released with the latest patch included by default.

After our recent discussion of "How Publishers Punish Game Sites" you might even be further motivated to take journalist reviews with a grain of salt.

I'd be very interested to hear from Blue's users who have played it firsthand themselves though.

News Comments > Mobilization
7. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 14:56 A51Abductee

Yeah, Nye's was a personal favorite, and I'd hit Whitey's once in awhile mainly for the food. I'll also admit to going to Ground Zero for an occasional show. NE had a unique blend of people, but I'm sure it's changed since I lived there.

Damn what I miss the most are primos though. You're a lucky man, xXBatmanXx.

News Comments > Mobilization
3. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 10:31 A51Abductee

Haha Runyon's.. when I lived over in St. Anthony I'd drive by that place every day.

Just on a side note, that late 1970's sketch by Kane of his "iPod prototype" looks like the quality of sketch that some of us probably drew with our crayola crayons around the same time.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Beta Keys
2. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2008, 21:02 A51Abductee

Just FYI this is the for European open beta. The registration website (at http://www.war-europe.com/ ) is currently down as I write this.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Delay
12. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2008, 22:05 A51Abductee

Kinda makes you feel bad for GSC - this appears to be entirely a distributor/manufacturing mistake, and out of their control.

I was planning to take Friday the 5th off to play it, ah well.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta ForceWare Drivers
4. Re: Soon Aug 28, 2008, 00:20 A51Abductee

Woo, nice performance increases, and just in time for the new DX10 STALKER game that comes out next week. I have yet to play a single DX10 game, despite running Vista for awhile.

News Comments > ATI DirectX 10.1 Support & Demo
11. Re: Whatever... Aug 25, 2008, 14:26 A51Abductee

I'm still looking for a justification for DX10, besides Microsoft's need to sell a new operating system.

When STALKER: Clear Sky is available less than 2 weeks from now, with full DX10 support included out of the box (are you listening, Funcom?), it should be all the justification that most of us need.

News Comments > Gold - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
6. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2008, 11:15 A51Abductee

Excellent news, kudos to GSC for not subjecting Clear Sky to any major delays, and also for having a unified international release date. Their maturity as a developer has been evident with Clear Sky in comparison with the release of Shadow of Chernobyl. I hope this also is evident in a lack of serious game bugs this time around. This will be one of the few first-rate PC titles to be fully developed for DX10. I sincerely hope that Clear Sky sells well, particularly in North America. I also hope that the Eastern European developers are encouraged to ignore the stereotypical negative stigma of North American gamers as "consolized," impatient, and ignorant of major historical world events such as Chernobyl.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. Stalin vs. Martians May 8, 2008, 00:52 A51Abductee

The interview made me lol, multiple times. These guys have a unique and great sense of humor. Well worth the read imho. A Shenmue clone with Lenin, vampires, and steam robots.. haha

News Comments > TF2 Update Next Week, No Portal 2 this Year
25. Re: Speaking of Stalker. Apr 27, 2008, 00:34 A51Abductee

Thanks, Acleacius, I hadn't tried these stalker mods yet and will do so immediately. Only story mod I've tried yet is Priboi Story, which is also excellent.

News Comments > Never-Ending Fallout 3?
7. Re: Hmmmm Mar 25, 2008, 19:07 A51Abductee

Yeah, it all comes down to quantity vs. quality. Quantity isn't a measure of anything of substance, unless you're the sort who enjoys the local Captain McAllister's seafood buffet. Is 100 hours of boring, repetitive, tedious, and formulaic gameplay preferable to a concise quality experience? If they can pull of 100 hours of high quality gaming, then more power to them, but Oblivion (while occasionally enjoyable) doesn't set a very encouraging precedent for Bethesda in this regard.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 19:08.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
4. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2008, 19:10 A51Abductee

That's great, Acleacius, maybe in a few years you'll graduate to feeding and dressing yourself. :P~

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
2. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2008, 18:14 A51Abductee

I put Ken Levine in the same boring boat as Molyneux, with the exception that Levine seems to like to hear himself talk even more and has the pretension of being an "intellectual."

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Patch
3. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 16:22 A51Abductee

Err, yeah - thx Obsidian.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Patch
1. No subject Mar 22, 2008, 15:53 A51Abductee

# Fixed an issue where companions were replaced by familiars/animal companions during transitions.

Yes, finally! This was most egregious bug left in the game. Thanks for the patch, Bioware.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Revealed
13. Hungary Feb 13, 2008, 02:12 A51Abductee

Heh, if PC Gamer is referring to the 1956 Hungarian Revolution, and subsequent Soviet invasion, then that's kind of borderline tasteless. I can't see why else they would include the "No Hungarian Required" line.

What's next, they joke about the Ukrainian Famine of 1932-1933?

Good times.

News Comments > Age of Conan Not Censored
12. Re: No nudity = Not Conan Feb 5, 2008, 22:52 A51Abductee

Gah.. how can they claim to be faithful to Robert E. Howard's vision of Conan and be worried about nipples???

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky S.T.E.A.M. Plans
16. Re: No subject Jan 24, 2008, 18:37 A51Abductee

I new GSC would never make a January release as first stated.

Where and when did they ever state "January 2008"? GSC have been meticulously attentive to not stating specific release dates for Clear Sky, after learning from the fiasco of SoC. The only date that they have ever provided is "First Quarter 2008," which in this context is January to March 2008.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 18:40.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo