Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A51Abductee

Real Name A51Abductee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2005, 11:43
Total Comments 309 (Amateur)
User ID 22780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch
5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Apr 28, 2009, 18:48 A51Abductee

Patch to v1.5.09

Saved games.

1.5.04 - 1.5.08 versions saved games will be compatible with 1.5.09.

Patch introduces the following changes:

Improved integrated anti-cheating system to take screenshots from the player’s screen.
Improved integrated anti-cheating system that allows the remote admins to track the modifications in network game parameters.
Fixed bug with killing the player after respawn.
Improved player-checking system upon connection.
Fixed bug with RPG-7.
Fixed bug in buy menu.
Added new effect High Definition Ambient Occlusion.
Increased the game stability.
Changes of game balance in Multi-player:
- Increased damage dealt by "Tunder &#1057;14", "SA Avalanche ".
- Added possibility to attach scope to "SA Avalanche".
- "UDP Compact" pistol now has an increased cartridge (12 bullets).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stalin vs. Martians Movie
1. Re: Stalin vs. Martians Movie Mar 24, 2009, 14:11 A51Abductee

LOL.. amazing. Great sense of humor, and "humor is the great healer." Makes you wonder what the hell they are teaching their children about Soviet history in the former USSR.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Website
1. Re: Wolfenstein Website Mar 19, 2009, 18:32 A51Abductee

Nice coincidence with deportation of SS concentration camp guard Josias Klumpf from Wisconsin earlier today. Looking forward to taking on a virtual version of the fascists in-game.  

News Comments > Stalin vs. Martians in April
5. Re: Stalin vs. Martians in April Mar 9, 2009, 23:17 A51Abductee

lol.. ridiculous video. very much looking forward to this game  

News Comments > Guild Wars Free Trial
4. Re: Guild Wars Free Trial Feb 18, 2009, 22:51 A51Abductee

Kosumo, all you have to leech is the client, which rocks in at around 100KB.

http://www.guildwars.com/support/downloadclient/

It will then download game content in the background, and as you enter new areas, which can sometimes be slow but is very convenient.

Using this method I reinstalled GW earlier this week after over a year of inactivity, without using any of my original game discs (hell if I know where they are anymore). Just had to remember my account email and password.

Guild Wars has always been very generous and flexible using this method. Still fun after all these years, and plenty of people still playing. Can't ask for much more for a one time $50 payment that I made in 2005.

News Comments > Weekend Sales
20. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 13, 2009, 21:55 A51Abductee

Just bit the bullet, was waiting for a sale just like this.

In a nice coincidence, I watched the Romero 68-85 trilogy during this week for the first time. Classics, no idea how I could have overlooked them before.

Downloading... see some of you online!

News Comments > On 2K Boston's Next Project
16. Re: On 2K Boston's Next Project Feb 3, 2009, 15:29 A51Abductee

Then why did it have tons of various mouse issues? For me the game was 100% unplayable without massive fiddling with the mouse config settings and custom binding of a key (the only way to enforce said settings as they had to be reapplied constantly). I was certainly not the only one with either a Razer or a high dpi mouse to try and play the game. Even their own fucking artists should have been using high dpi mice.

I completely agree. The controls and bindings in BioShock were a complete nightmare, particularly for (the admittedly very few) left-handed gamers like me. Hard-coded left and right clicking, regardless of your windows settings. It was also an unstable POS on every box I played it on. It didn't help that it would idiotically reset all your custom config files every time the game crashed. Eventually I resorted to writing a little 1990's-style batchfile that would copy/rename them for me. This was a decent and entertaining game but nowhere near the epitome of PC gaming perfection that some people like to maintain.

News Comments > Hellgate: London R.I.P.
5. Re: Hellgate: London R.I.P. Feb 2, 2009, 11:54 A51Abductee

Saw multiple copies of this game on sale at Best Buy here, for full price, about an hour ago. Would be such a shame if someone unaware actually bought one.  

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
2. Stalin vs. Martians Jan 11, 2009, 13:00 A51Abductee

Their latest interview, once again, made me lol. It's come to the point where I'm looking forward to more interviews with them than the actual RTS game. Hope Dreamlore can inject their entertaining sense of humor into the game itself.  

News Comments > Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity & Demo
3. Re: Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity & Dec 24, 2008, 14:34 A51Abductee

I tried the demo and was like "WTF." Its somewhat fun, but consists of extremely simplistic gameplay. It could benefit from a mouse sensitivity customization setting.

These guys need to lay off the Angel Dust (or just save it up for their next Infinite Space/Wierd Worlds game.. I can't wait).

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p.
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. C.h.e.a.p. Dec 19, 2008, 21:36 A51Abductee

Wow that's definitely cheap. If you've never played it - make sure it's patched to 1.0005, install Oblivion Lost 2.1.1, and you're in for an amazing and unprecedented budget gaming experience.  

News Comments > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Content Patch
5. Re: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Content Patch Dec 17, 2008, 17:04 A51Abductee

This game seems to be getting better and better with the patches. I never played Sacred 1 but will look to pick this one up when the price comes down slightly. Titan Quest: Immortal Throne is still keeping me busy.  

News Comments > Funcom Layoffs
5. Re: Funcom Layoffs Nov 24, 2008, 18:16 A51Abductee

Firing 70% of your North American staff, primarily in Customer Service - the very component that most of your customer base says is gravely lacking - has nothing to do with business-as-usual. That they feel the need to use defensive language and bother to justify their staff cuts is doing nothing but support the increased scrutiny and subsequent negative stigmatization. Maybe its obvious that engaging reactionary "Rumour Control" is only for the insecure and those with actually no control.

Time to placate all the panicking investors.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mosby's Confederacy
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mosby's Confederacy Nov 19, 2008, 23:51 A51Abductee

Mosby was actually only a Colonel (albeit a full one) in the Confederate Army, not a General.

I'm looking forward to trying this game out. All of $20 US on Steam, but a demo, although it's probably too much to ask, would still be appreciated.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patches
3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Oct 29, 2008, 16:22 A51Abductee

WHAT?!?!?!?! It doesn't include *any* fixes for the zillions of single player crashes????

uhm, skyguy, it looks like you're reading the patch notes for Shadow of Chernobyl 1.0006, which is a multiplayer-only patch for a different game.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patches
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patch Oct 29, 2008, 16:18 A51Abductee

Saved games:

1.5.04 and 1.5.05 saved games will be compatible with patch 1.5.06.

Game changes:

- Fixed an error when the wounded guide didn't want to lead the player anywhere.
- Increased the number of items for sell for the trader at the goods market.
- Added the possibility to upgrade SVDm 2 at Freedom's mechanic.
- Fixed game crash upon the attempt to speak with the wounded character.
- Fixed an error, which led to the blocking of the storyline quest completion at Yantar (the door to Sakharov's bunker couldn't be opened).
- Increased the amount of money of the bandits' trader.
- Fixed the displacement of the military warehouses on the PDA map.
- Added the possibility to load the last saved game by pressing space bar after the player's death.

Render improvements:

- Added DX10.1 support.
- Added MSAA for alpha-tested objects ("alpha-to-coverage" for DX10.0, custom "alpha-to-coverage" for DX10.1 for better performance, native DX10.1 implementation for better quality).
- Added new quality level for sun-shadows (ultra) for better picture quality.
- Added new min/max shadowmap technique (which takes advantage of DX10.1 when available) allows to speed up high quality sunshafts rendering for top video boards and high resolutions.
- Added high quality sunshafts acceleration for DX9 renderer.

Multiplayer:

- Fixed various game crashes of server and client sections.
- Added the detailed server's statistics.
- Changed the saving of the server online-dump (dump is saved to online_dump.ltx).
- Added the changing of keyboard layout by pressing LCtrl +LShift.

All other changes from earlier patches are also included.

News Comments > WAR Tops US Charts
7. Re: Sort of depressing when you think ab Oct 3, 2008, 12:43 A51Abductee

Glad to see that STALKER: CS is selling relatively well in the States, despite apparently little marketing. And yeah, Crysis too.

EA has bought every available advertising space in my metro station (Harvard Sq in Boston), including the floors and ceilings, and plastered it with Spore adverts. They've been up there for weeks and the Spore-themed station never ceases to revolt me. Obviously they had a huge budget for marketing it. Too bad they can't buy reviews on Amazon.com

News Comments > New S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky MP Map
22. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2008, 18:32 A51Abductee

We've regressed.. the original Shadow of Chernobyl North American DVD has no copy protection at all as far as I remember.

News Comments > New S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky MP Map
18. Re: My suggestion... Sep 23, 2008, 18:03 A51Abductee

Hey Acleacius, where is the quote from?

If I may...
Grobnar Gnomehands, Neverwinter Nights 2

309 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo