Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A51Abductee

Real Name A51Abductee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2005, 11:43
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 22780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Classic 2000 Patch Adds Widescreen Support
1. Re: AvP Classic 2000 Patch Adds Widescreen Support Jan 19, 2010, 14:38 A51Abductee

The lack of proper widescreen was the one issue keeping my $5USD in my pocket. Glad to see Rebellion has fixed (augmented) it. This patch constitutes the few tangible differences from the original 2000 Gold edition game sitting on the shelf, and makes the five bucks well worth it IMHO.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerilla Manual Patch
12. Re: Red Faction: Guerilla Patch Jan 15, 2010, 14:11 A51Abductee

Just FYI, if you have this game via Steam, there was a small update released yesterday which fixed a glitch with updating the Steam version via GFWL, and the update should work fine now. It did for me anyway.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=f77b48ea60b1e138bd24906dbe97a933&t=1110429

I picked up RF:G for $7US during the Steam Holiday Sale and have been enjoying it immensely.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 29, 2009, 21:23 A51Abductee

For $3.75 US, and having never played it, it was a pretty brainless decision to pick up Jade Empire. I lost more money than that today from the clothes dryer downstairs eating my quarters.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 25, 2009, 16:30 A51Abductee

Picked up Red Faction: Guerrilla for $10 and Riddick: Dark Athena for $6.80. Steam must be getting hammered, I've only been getting around 60K/s all day today. At this rate I'll be playing them sometime next week, hehe.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2009, 23:55 A51Abductee

Spreadsheet of all the Steam sale titles:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=takFEFyWT5EfFYxerxuOA6w&toomany=true

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat in February
9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat in F Dec 10, 2009, 14:13 A51Abductee

Can't wait for this release, and hope that the additional incubation time results in the most highly polished STALKER game yet. Any chance of a North American collectors' edition? (Yeah, had to ask anyway.)  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 8, 2009, 19:09 A51Abductee

It's just unlocked now on Steam, at 4PM PST/7PM EST.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 8, 2009, 15:54 A51Abductee

Just a warning that if you are in North America and purchase this via Steam, as of 3:45PM EST the game still isn't unlocked, regardless of what the product page says. It was expected to be unlocked at 3PM EST, although as usual there was no guarantee of that.

On a side note, gamestop is now listing the release date as Dec. 10th http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76275
and Amazon is listing Dirt2 as "Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks."

News Comments > US Windows DiRT 2 Next Week
10. Re: US Windows DiRT 2 Next Week Dec 6, 2009, 08:43 A51Abductee

I'm sorry but how is Codemasters delaying DiRT2 in one territory related to Valve delaying Half-Life 2? And who is it that you're blaming for this situation? Valve or AMD/ATi? I'm slightly confused as to what you're getting at.

Simply check the Steam forum for this game (if it's even accessible) to understand how the claim is justified. Some examples: total lack of coordination between GFWL and Steam, unexplained deletions from Steam games list after promo key entry, downloading of phantom data in the background with no notification or explanation, not to mention numerous technical issues and crashes that are endemic - despite a huge release delay.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2009, 08:43.

News Comments > US Windows DiRT 2 Next Week
6. Re: US Windows DiRT 2 Next Week Dec 5, 2009, 21:15 A51Abductee

They hosed this release, at least in North America. But it shouldn't really be a surprise if you remember the previous ATI HL2 voucher disaster. What's clear is that the pirates have been enjoying this game since Thursday.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - DiRT 2 Dec 1, 2009, 21:32 A51Abductee

Looks like someone forgot to tell AMD/ATI that its release been delayed a week.  

News Comments > Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Demo
4. Re: DiRT 2 Demo Dec 1, 2009, 14:24 A51Abductee

I just activated my AMD 5XXX promo key on Steam, and so far so good. The card that came in my Radeon box with the game key actually says "scheduled to be available December 11, 2009." But yeah, I also could have sworn there was a press release stating Dec 1. Guess one more week isn't going to kill us.  

News Comments > Colin McRae: DiRT 2 Demo
1. Re: DiRT 2 Demo Dec 1, 2009, 11:12 A51Abductee

Looks like Amazon joined the other stores and updated their release date for Dirt 2 to Dec. 8. It's still Dec. 4 on Steam though.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 30, 2009, 22:25 A51Abductee

Mirror's Edge for $5 US seems like a no-brainer. Too bad the DLC apparently won't work with Steam (?).  

News Comments > Colin McRae DiRT 2 Demo Tomorrow
5. Re: Colin McRae DiRT 2 Demo Tomorrow Nov 30, 2009, 19:02 A51Abductee

Yeah, Bumpy, you're right. It's Dec. 8 on Gamestop and Gogamer, Dec. 4 on Steam, and still Dec. 1 on Amazon. Guess we'll find out what happens tomorrow.  

News Comments > Colin McRae DiRT 2 Demo Tomorrow
2. Re: Colin McRae DiRT 2 Demo Tomorrow Nov 30, 2009, 13:47 A51Abductee

The North American PC release is supposed to be tomorrow as well I think. Hopefully they learned something from the Half-Life 2 fiasco and the Steam distribution of copies included with ATI 5XXX cards goes smoothly.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypriat Aus Date
3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prypriat Aus Date Nov 20, 2009, 14:34 A51Abductee

Hopefully it's not just localization, but also additional polish time. GSC might subscribe to the idea that North American PC gamers are a little less forgiving of bugs and other issues than their European counterparts.  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Next Week
6. Re: Serious Sam HD Next Week Nov 20, 2009, 14:31 A51Abductee

It's a bit hard to believe that they have the audacity to charge $20 for this.  

News Comments > Pandemic Closing?
24. Re: Pandemic Closing? Nov 17, 2009, 14:25 A51Abductee

As someone said in this thread, independent gaming is the future, especially on PC. I see the mainstream gaming industry getting more and more casual, more and more bloated, while the small dev houses using things like the free released UE3 make games the niche gamers love to play and pay for.

Yes, independent developers will likely take up the banner. And also arguably it will be the ones from the former communist nations of Eastern Europe, where the home computer has been the dominant (and in most cases the only) gaming platform for 30 years. There is a strong home computer culture there that hopefully will resist the encroachment of the gaming consoles.

News Comments > Call of Pripyat Gold in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
2. Re: Call of Pripyat Gold in Germany, Aus Oct 28, 2009, 15:26 A51Abductee

I wonder what our chances are for a North American collectors' edition, when it's finally released here later this winter. Such excellent loot for the other territories. If not for Rhialto's wonderful fan-based coin project, we wouldn't have had anything special for Clear Sky at all.  

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo