Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A51Abductee

Real Name A51Abductee   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2005, 11:43
Total Comments 307 (Amateur)
User ID 22780

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trademark Mar 28, 2014, 22:23 A51Abductee

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 28, 2014, 21:00:
The mobile game was awful, even on it's original platform.

My opinion differs. It was stellar on Android, and it was quite amazing that they captured the DX experience so well on mobile.

The PC port was utterly miserable. Personally, despite buying it, I have yet to even get it to run. $10 completely down the drain.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 28, 2014, 22:19 A51Abductee

Also, Skyrim Legendary Edition is $19.20 USD (60% off) on GMG, with coupon PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M.

Been waiting forever for the DLC to go cheap, and this was the best deal yet I found to get them.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer
29. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Betrayer Mar 25, 2014, 04:13 A51Abductee

This thread made me lol. Such fine sarcasm.

I've played a few hours of it since this evening after having bought it upon release. It's actually quite fun so far, though not especially scary yet IMHO. I enjoy the large maps, open-worldish gameplay, and the vulnerability you feel resulting from the relatively primitive weapons.

Also the devs are quite active and responsive on the Steam forum, which gets points in my book.

News Comments > Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall
9. Re: Early Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: The Fall Mar 18, 2014, 15:14 A51Abductee

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 09:59:
Reviews, please! TY!

Wish I could, but the game won't even run for me. I get the "<stringid: 1,942>" error that more than a few people are reporting on the Steam forums.

Additionally, apparently the keyboard bindings can't be remapped - at all. Unfortunately, this should have just stayed on mobile.

News Comments > PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month
21. Re: PC Deus Ex: The Fall Next Month Feb 25, 2014, 14:33 A51Abductee

Take my money. Already own this on Android, and finished it, and would happily buy it again for PC.

People complaining about "mobile" graphics obviously haven't played the original DX recently. Graphics mean nothing to gameplay, story, and immersion - of which The Fall has droves.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2014, 22:29 A51Abductee

I've only played the first mission so far, and it seems to be HR tracks so far (Hengsha ambient I think?). The title track seems to be new though. Here's hoping there's new tracks later in the game.

Hah.. I also bought the HR soundtrack.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2014, 21:13 A51Abductee

I just did, and would highly recommend it if you enjoyed DX:HR. I'm not a huge mobile gamer, or fan of onscreen controls, but this was worth it. It has the look, feel, and story of a proper DX FPS game, just in your pocket.

Bonus: music is by Michael McCann again and it's excellent.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 18, 2013, 22:42 A51Abductee

Cutter wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 20:44:
1 more sleep until the madness begins!

I got a slight head start and just picked up Shadow Warrior. Will rationalize it by calling it a "wallet warm-up."

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
43. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 19:42 A51Abductee

Wow, how many Star Wars sound effects and re-tread cliches can they pack into a single 50-second game trailer.  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
6. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 15:03 A51Abductee

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:55:
Dammit...still not paying $10 each for those Skyrim expansions I need...

Me neither... $5 each would have done it for me but not $10.

Check your wishlists too. There are tons of unannounced discounts on other games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
105. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 00:07 A51Abductee

Just wanted to say that like a lot of people on here I always enjoyed reading the Hudson anecdotes you shared with us.

May the memories far outlast the pain.

News Comments > Wasteland 1 on GOG.com
3. Re: Wasteland 1 on GOG.com Nov 13, 2013, 00:08 A51Abductee

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 21:31:
I already unlocked it on Steam and tends to crash a whole lot more than the old DOSBox version I've been playing for years.

GOG version is rock solid for me. I've noticed a couple of bugs where certain paragraphs don't seem to have a link enabled, but otherwise no complaints. The voice-overs are well done, particularly if you consider what the actor has to read It also has the unofficial reset utility built in which is a nice touch.

News Comments > Linux Metro: Last Light Released
4. Re: Linux Metro: Last Light Released Nov 4, 2013, 21:59 A51Abductee

Very nice. Wish there was a sale to coincide with this release.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Oct 25, 2013, 01:14 A51Abductee

Good to know, thanks. Wishful thinking for a preload.

Really looking forward to this expansion. Paying only $20 for it, knowing how many long hours and late nights of enjoyment I'll likely get out of it, almost feels criminal.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 24, 2013, 21:42 A51Abductee

Thanks, SpectralMeat - just picked it up for $20.25 total.

Only problem is GMG keys apparently won't be available until the expansion is actually released (?). Not a big deal anyway.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 27, 2013, 23:48 A51Abductee

I bit on the Bioshock Infinite deal @ $16. Had told myself to wait for the inevitable Steam Christmas sale, but so much for discipline. At least it'll be available to play over the long weekend now.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
49. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 24, 2013, 16:39 A51Abductee

Back to the DLC... I would expect that they actually got Michael Biehn to voice Hicks again, as they did for the main game - along with other original Aliens cast members.

His work in FC3: Blood Dragon helped make the experience for me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2013, 13:06 A51Abductee

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 12:06:

Wow, Borderlands 2 + season pass for $15 is a heck of a deal. Anyone that's interested in that should grab it quickly, before they run out of keys.

I actually just got it for $13.50 with the 10% coupon... what a steal.

Thx for the heads up all.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Battling Through "Legal Hell"?
8. Re: Baldur's Gate III Battling Trough Jun 24, 2013, 11:16 A51Abductee

Darks wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 10:42:
Atari will not be happy until they have run every DnD game into the ground. Daggerdale wasn’t enough for them I guess that they now need to fuck these guys over too.

Thanks to the recent GOG sale and a few mods, I'm happily playing Icewind Dale for the first time in 10 years. Also picked up IWD2, BG1, BG2, and NWN completely DRM free as usual. Have to love GOG - at least the publishers can't retroactively run these classic games into the ground.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior "Reimagining" Announced
5. Re: Shadow Warrior May 9, 2013, 21:57 A51Abductee

The obvious question: what exactly is the point of dredging up an ancient IP, only to "totally reimagine" it? How about showing some innovation and coming up with something fresh. Even Ubi can pull this off (see Blood Dragon - which even itself is a bit of a dredged up derivative nostalgia trip).

Or even better... make an actual and at least mainly faithful sequel to the awesome original. I definitely Wanta some Wang.

307 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo