Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 296 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 21, 2013, 15:27 UConnBBall

Have to say most games are 100% fine, BUT when not I just mute people and tell them I am muting them in one minute. Then they go one the all chat to report me for muting them  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 17:35 UConnBBall

Once again how am I coming across as supporting the action of suicide? The part of misunderstanding is the thoughtless dismissal of a person who had committed suicide.

How is calling suicide a selfish act (Actually the ultimate selfish act) in any way saying I support it and that it is an acceptable answer? How can you reconstruct my words to bend to that idea of your point??????

40. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 12:43 UConnBBall

Huh?

Didn't someone say he was a brilliant person and what happened was a shame? I thought the same, he was railroaded because of who he is/was. Who's ridiculing who here?

Also I never said suicide was an answer it is a selfish jerk move and sad.

Quotes of Stupidity from this thread:

"Never heard of him. If he was so bright he would be alive"

"who cares? if you are looking for a reason to cry, you can find a million billion and more without having to resort to moaning about some quasi-celebrity

btw - that kind of melodramatic sentimental bullshit doesnt make you ethically superior to everyone else:

"
While I think Swartz was basically railroaded by the feds, I'm getting sick of the usual suspects already trying to turn him into some sort of a martyr. He misappropriated MIT's network in such a way that he could have inadvertently become a useful idiot to somebody doing something truly malicious, and probably deserved to spend time behind bars for his sheer stupidity.

That being said, should he have been facing decades in jail and been gagged from even being able to solicit funds for a legal defense? Absolutely not. Dumb is not the same as evil, and the federal prosecutors really botched this"

36. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 09:15 UConnBBall

WOW THE IGNORANCE!!!!!

OK how about you get prosecuted for something that benefits all of you!!!

If you don't know the story and if you don't understand suicide SHUT UP!

This is a huge story about someone that has helped the world and yet you guys just ridicule someone that did a selfish act and killed himself and you guys belittle this "quasi-celebrity!" Learn about Aaron and stop being stupid.

News Comments > Harpoon - Ultimate Edition Patch
3. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 10, 2013, 19:38 UConnBBall

I bought a hard drive on my PC for $400 so I could play it. The hard drive was 40 MB  

News Comments > Blizzard Linux Plans?
16. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2013, 18:18 UConnBBall

I think Actiblizz', Valve's, and the other bigger game companies' new found love for Linux is a bluff. IMO they're trying to put some pressure on Microsoft to rethink its Win8 market place. I really don't think the big game companies want to irritate their customers with Linux and its not very consumer friendly "compile your own files" approach. Yeah, I know, it's easy to use for nerds, but we're talking the Average Joe Steam customer here.

Nerd Here taking a guess you never tried Ubuntu. 99% of Ubuntu user don't even know what the heck compile means. My wife and teens use it all the time. They don't even know it is Linux.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 5, 2013, 12:25 UConnBBall

+The Half Elf

YES, as a dad of a OCD 12 year old YES!!!! Pokemon is evil for me. No matter what he has there is more to complete his collection!!!!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 2, 2012, 14:45 UConnBBall

I blame Apple and their ONE SIDED deals with the carriers. My Sprint bill went up $40 a month after they inked a deal with Apple.

They get $34 a month from AT&T for every iPhone on their system AND they get the highest costing phone and they sell it for $200. So as a Android user I am screwed!!!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications
4. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 25, 2012, 00:28 UConnBBall

Having been a Linux fan for years I feel like all I need is League of Legends to be stable in Wine and I will be all set.

Linux and gaming is awesome. I love FTL!!!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 27, 2012, 21:34 UConnBBall

I love how there is ZERO Fiber Optics being laid down in all of America with Verizon's "Deal" with Comcast!!!! Fios is awesome and now it is going no where!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 UConnBBall

FTL is the perfect little indie strategy game. Do yourself a favor and pick it up ASAP!!!  

News Comments > Castle Crashers on Steam This Week
3. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 23, 2012, 12:36 UConnBBall

Not enough DLC!!! I want more story mode!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 20, 2012, 12:40 UConnBBall

I have ALWAYS found Macs much harder to use. Ask anyone or just listen when a Mac person is teaching someone else.

"Oh I know but once you get it it is SOOO much better." LOL

17. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 14, 2012, 19:34 UConnBBall

Apple = Evil don't buy from them!!!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 5, 2012, 09:29 UConnBBall

Linux has viruses, OS X has viruses. The Iranian Nuclear Program has specially made viruses It really is more about users then it is about OS. The false sense of protection based on OS is scarry.

PS Use Linux it's the best OS ever and then Amiga

News Comments > Age of Conan Update Plans
8. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 3, 2012, 15:18 UConnBBall

Well I still have fond memories of Anarchy Online. FunCo made a good game and I wish they would just revisit that space with less time consuming details.  

42. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 8, 2012, 22:45 UConnBBall

Blue, Just like to figure out things and not trying to be a pain, so don't reply to this is OK Love all you do for over 10 years!!!!!

I say the internet is wrong and chemistry and practical experience shows the effect of salt. Salt causes Osmosis. In Fish it causes the blending of cells and in animal meats it causes water to transfer between the two.

Salt cures meats: Beef Jerks, Hams, Prosciutto, Ham, Pepperoni, etc.

Heck before refrigeration Salt Cured fish and meats was the only way to save food for later. So MASSIVE coating of salt would cause the meat and fish to dry out and kill cells.

Salt is a GREAT tool for working with meats but I wouldn't put it in a burger before I cook it. Makes it hard though a little salt is not a big deal it will always have the same toughing effect on meats UNLESS it is water (wet) brine (Salt Water works miracles in breaking down the tissue of chicken and making it oh so tender).

I always in cooking and chemistry always do a A) and a B) so try preparing one with and without salt. If its just a pinch of salt it won't do anything, hence the belief of the "myth" but science and observation isn't on the side of Salt Doesn't Dry Out Foods or Draw Out Water.

35. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 8, 2012, 16:59 UConnBBall

Blue wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:38:
nin wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:34:
My father was a burger fiend, but he never did seasoning. Might have been why a home cooked burger doesn't really appeal to me, years later.

There's a myth that home cooks are stuck on that salting meat before cooking it draws moisture to the surface to be evaporated away. This leads to a lot of them cooking meat without seasoning it first, which is a crippling error right off the bat.

It's science: Salt does that to everything and it toughens meat. Just "season" it with everything BUT salt! Try it yourself and you will see that it is 100%. Best example: Bake a Peeled Potato One Salted and One Unsalted.

Salt make's food taste better by sucking out the taste from within the food. Works great on clotting blood to but stings a bit to much for my taste.

P.S. I always slat and pepper my pork chops!

34. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 8, 2012, 16:54 UConnBBall

Blue wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:38:
nin wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:34:
My father was a burger fiend, but he never did seasoning. Might have been why a home cooked burger doesn't really appeal to me, years later.

There's a myth that home cooks are stuck on that salting meat before cooking it draws moisture to the surface to be evaporated away. This leads to a lot of them cooking meat without seasoning it first, which is a crippling error right off the bat.

It's science: Salt does that to everything and it toughens meat. Just "season" it with everything BUT salt! Try it yourself and you will see that it is 100%. Best example: Bake a Peeled Potato One Salted and One Unsalted.

Salt make's food taste better by sucking out the taste from within the food. Works great on clotting blood to but stings a bit to much for my taste.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. RE: Follow up Aug 5, 2012, 21:03 UConnBBall

Nope all Linux needs to do is give people who play Counter Strike a few more FPS and that's it. Oh yeah it does that in L4D2. So when you get a better FPS in Couter Strike Global and then DOTA2 plays better then the eSports people start using it that will be the start. Then there are the Steam Hardware that runs Linux and bing that is it.

Personally I don't want Linux to be main stream I like my nitch product that I can do whatever with fine and don't want it to get attention from eyes.

296 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo