Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 266 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 UConnBBall

FTL is the perfect little indie strategy game. Do yourself a favor and pick it up ASAP!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Castle Crashers on Steam This Week
3. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 23, 2012, 12:36 UConnBBall

Not enough DLC!!! I want more story mode!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 20, 2012, 12:40 UConnBBall

I have ALWAYS found Macs much harder to use. Ask anyone or just listen when a Mac person is teaching someone else.

"Oh I know but once you get it it is SOOO much better." LOL

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 14, 2012, 19:34 UConnBBall

Apple = Evil don't buy from them!!!  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 5, 2012, 09:29 UConnBBall

Linux has viruses, OS X has viruses. The Iranian Nuclear Program has specially made viruses It really is more about users then it is about OS. The false sense of protection based on OS is scarry.

PS Use Linux it's the best OS ever and then Amiga

News Comments > Age of Conan Update Plans
8. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 3, 2012, 15:18 UConnBBall

Well I still have fond memories of Anarchy Online. FunCo made a good game and I wish they would just revisit that space with less time consuming details.  

42. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 8, 2012, 22:45 UConnBBall

Blue, Just like to figure out things and not trying to be a pain, so don't reply to this is OK Love all you do for over 10 years!!!!!

I say the internet is wrong and chemistry and practical experience shows the effect of salt. Salt causes Osmosis. In Fish it causes the blending of cells and in animal meats it causes water to transfer between the two.

Salt cures meats: Beef Jerks, Hams, Prosciutto, Ham, Pepperoni, etc.

Heck before refrigeration Salt Cured fish and meats was the only way to save food for later. So MASSIVE coating of salt would cause the meat and fish to dry out and kill cells.

Salt is a GREAT tool for working with meats but I wouldn't put it in a burger before I cook it. Makes it hard though a little salt is not a big deal it will always have the same toughing effect on meats UNLESS it is water (wet) brine (Salt Water works miracles in breaking down the tissue of chicken and making it oh so tender).

I always in cooking and chemistry always do a A) and a B) so try preparing one with and without salt. If its just a pinch of salt it won't do anything, hence the belief of the "myth" but science and observation isn't on the side of Salt Doesn't Dry Out Foods or Draw Out Water.

35. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 8, 2012, 16:59 UConnBBall

Blue wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:38:
nin wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:34:
My father was a burger fiend, but he never did seasoning. Might have been why a home cooked burger doesn't really appeal to me, years later.

There's a myth that home cooks are stuck on that salting meat before cooking it draws moisture to the surface to be evaporated away. This leads to a lot of them cooking meat without seasoning it first, which is a crippling error right off the bat.

It's science: Salt does that to everything and it toughens meat. Just "season" it with everything BUT salt! Try it yourself and you will see that it is 100%. Best example: Bake a Peeled Potato One Salted and One Unsalted.

Salt make's food taste better by sucking out the taste from within the food. Works great on clotting blood to but stings a bit to much for my taste.

P.S. I always slat and pepper my pork chops!

34. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 8, 2012, 16:54 UConnBBall

Blue wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:38:
nin wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 10:34:
My father was a burger fiend, but he never did seasoning. Might have been why a home cooked burger doesn't really appeal to me, years later.

There's a myth that home cooks are stuck on that salting meat before cooking it draws moisture to the surface to be evaporated away. This leads to a lot of them cooking meat without seasoning it first, which is a crippling error right off the bat.

It's science: Salt does that to everything and it toughens meat. Just "season" it with everything BUT salt! Try it yourself and you will see that it is 100%. Best example: Bake a Peeled Potato One Salted and One Unsalted.

Salt make's food taste better by sucking out the taste from within the food. Works great on clotting blood to but stings a bit to much for my taste.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. RE: Follow up Aug 5, 2012, 21:03 UConnBBall

Nope all Linux needs to do is give people who play Counter Strike a few more FPS and that's it. Oh yeah it does that in L4D2. So when you get a better FPS in Couter Strike Global and then DOTA2 plays better then the eSports people start using it that will be the start. Then there are the Steam Hardware that runs Linux and bing that is it.

Personally I don't want Linux to be main stream I like my nitch product that I can do whatever with fine and don't want it to get attention from eyes.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 29, 2012, 23:57 UConnBBall

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 21:16:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 19:27:

The real problem with linux, is the support between the driver and the api. Wine does this pretty well, though native support for games would work better, valve does seem to be committed to it. Especially since they're working to port all of their games natively.

This is about OPEN SOURCE DRIVERS in Linux Kernal
A) NVIDIA has good Linux propitiatory drivers its just the Open Source ones only pushed out 1/3 FPS so 20 instead of 60 FPS

B) ATI (not ATI) is MUCH better then NVIDIA: AMD released their drivers into Open Source Land 3 years ago. It's just people still think ATI of 5 years ago. Its like the myth that AMD CPU is good for games and INTEL cpu is better for business???????

Open GL is dead in the water WHAT?????
Open GL is far from dead and really could take over this DirectX crap.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans
1. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 24, 2012, 22:06 UConnBBall

It's really starting to happen. Momentium in Linux as a gaming platform and I really think in 5 years we could see a whole new kind of PC ecco-system.

But whta in the world is being Open Sourced? It is still proprietary and it is wierd for people to say everything Linux is Open Sourced?????

News Comments > Indie Royale July Jubilee Bundle
1. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 24, 2012, 12:24 UConnBBall

No Linux support no buy support  

News Comments > Steam Linux Plans
9. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 17, 2012, 00:29 UConnBBall

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 21:20:
Don't games have a HELL of a time working under Linux? Would they then make sure all their games worked? Seems pretty difficult to muster doesn't it? Or what? Have L4D2 work and that is it? pfft. Not worth the effort....

Actually Linux isn't hard its the graphics drivers that can cause the issues. Thank You NVIDIA! Google Linux creators love for them. Anyways I still can play a ton of FPS and other games at a good FPS in Linux running Wine so it is worth the effort.

BUT Linux and Mac OS are very similar in terms of graphics and so it really isn't "hard." Really worth it if we can leave M$ behind and get our own "Gaming OS."

13. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 14, 2012, 21:39 UConnBBall

Laser toner never dries up its powder. You will save a ton.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: RE: Follow up Jun 9, 2012, 16:12 UConnBBall

Sad news. I have learned a ton from these guys. Wish them a long happy retirement!  

2. Re: RE: Follow up Jun 3, 2012, 14:58 UConnBBall

Best technique for man stove chicken breast. Brick wrapped in foil and placed on the chicken. Also never "sear" it just dries up and toughen meat. (Except London Broil)  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: RE: Follow up May 17, 2012, 22:00 UConnBBall

Very sad. Awesome women and great mom.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: RE: Follow up May 15, 2012, 20:07 UConnBBall

Apple use to recommend anti-virus for OS X till 6 years ago when they removed it when it became public. No OS is virus free and it is false advertising.
OS X has a better over all security structure, but it is not remotely secure as Windows 7 is right now.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Patch Adds Content
1. Re: RE: Follow up May 12, 2012, 13:07 UConnBBall

I also thought a all mid map in League of Legends would be awesome.  

266 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo