Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 7, 2013, 22:35 UConnBBall

Heck Games Workshop pulled off full page adds telling fans that they were protecting their IP. They even took down a ton of blogs and fan websites. Why support them?

Oh crap I loved Dawn of War and Dawn of War 2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > John Carmack On Linux Gaming Support
50. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 6, 2013, 18:53 UConnBBall

So developing games OS agnostic is bad? Who cares what OS you use (Well I do but not the point) Why develope games that are Windows Dependent.

Use OpenGL and make things cross-platform period.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 5, 2013, 16:00 UConnBBall

Hi I am Jonathan Blow and I love causing a ruckus about Linux. Everything I have read from him is it just isn't of his opinion the way to do things.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 3, 2013, 16:11 UConnBBall

The ability for ZiffDavis to once again be the boss of 1UP is SO SAD!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 29, 2013, 21:22 UConnBBall

Feature #10:
A horrible mess of a distro with a even worse install manager.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
10. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 29, 2013, 21:20 UConnBBall

Smite seems much more like what he is talking about and less what the video footage shows. The animation looks painful!  

News Comments > Half-Life OS X and Linux Betas Released
11. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 28, 2013, 18:45 UConnBBall

That said... porting to both OSX and Linux isn't that far of a stretch since OSX is Darwin Unix under the hood. The Kernels are different but the file structure and many of the libraries are similar. So they then get another OSX game on Steam.

Actually they both use OpenGl and that is the big bonus. The Kernals are both Unixish but the file systems and the file format are more different then it looks like under the hood. Glad that we are seeing the start of the end of Linux hate?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 26, 2013, 16:52 UConnBBall

Please can everyone just boycott CNET or else this stuff will keep happening.  

News Comments > Funcom Closing Chinese Studio
9. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 26, 2013, 13:30 UConnBBall

I fire up Anarchy Online every couple of years and I have a blast for 2 days BUT it is so complex that I just get frustrated. I am old with kids and 2 jobs and a wife who wants to spend time with me

I am guessing MMO are out for me in all reality.

News Comments > Funcom Closing Chinese Studio
6. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 25, 2013, 17:11 UConnBBall

Personally I want Anarchy Online 2!!!!  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 21, 2013, 15:27 UConnBBall

Have to say most games are 100% fine, BUT when not I just mute people and tell them I am muting them in one minute. Then they go one the all chat to report me for muting them  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 17:35 UConnBBall

Once again how am I coming across as supporting the action of suicide? The part of misunderstanding is the thoughtless dismissal of a person who had committed suicide.

How is calling suicide a selfish act (Actually the ultimate selfish act) in any way saying I support it and that it is an acceptable answer? How can you reconstruct my words to bend to that idea of your point??????

40. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 12:43 UConnBBall

Huh?

Didn't someone say he was a brilliant person and what happened was a shame? I thought the same, he was railroaded because of who he is/was. Who's ridiculing who here?

Also I never said suicide was an answer it is a selfish jerk move and sad.

Quotes of Stupidity from this thread:

"Never heard of him. If he was so bright he would be alive"

"who cares? if you are looking for a reason to cry, you can find a million billion and more without having to resort to moaning about some quasi-celebrity

btw - that kind of melodramatic sentimental bullshit doesnt make you ethically superior to everyone else:

"
While I think Swartz was basically railroaded by the feds, I'm getting sick of the usual suspects already trying to turn him into some sort of a martyr. He misappropriated MIT's network in such a way that he could have inadvertently become a useful idiot to somebody doing something truly malicious, and probably deserved to spend time behind bars for his sheer stupidity.

That being said, should he have been facing decades in jail and been gagged from even being able to solicit funds for a legal defense? Absolutely not. Dumb is not the same as evil, and the federal prosecutors really botched this"

36. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 09:15 UConnBBall

WOW THE IGNORANCE!!!!!

OK how about you get prosecuted for something that benefits all of you!!!

If you don't know the story and if you don't understand suicide SHUT UP!

This is a huge story about someone that has helped the world and yet you guys just ridicule someone that did a selfish act and killed himself and you guys belittle this "quasi-celebrity!" Learn about Aaron and stop being stupid.

News Comments > Harpoon - Ultimate Edition Patch
3. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 10, 2013, 19:38 UConnBBall

I bought a hard drive on my PC for $400 so I could play it. The hard drive was 40 MB  

News Comments > Blizzard Linux Plans?
16. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2013, 18:18 UConnBBall

I think Actiblizz', Valve's, and the other bigger game companies' new found love for Linux is a bluff. IMO they're trying to put some pressure on Microsoft to rethink its Win8 market place. I really don't think the big game companies want to irritate their customers with Linux and its not very consumer friendly "compile your own files" approach. Yeah, I know, it's easy to use for nerds, but we're talking the Average Joe Steam customer here.

Nerd Here taking a guess you never tried Ubuntu. 99% of Ubuntu user don't even know what the heck compile means. My wife and teens use it all the time. They don't even know it is Linux.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 5, 2013, 12:25 UConnBBall

+The Half Elf

YES, as a dad of a OCD 12 year old YES!!!! Pokemon is evil for me. No matter what he has there is more to complete his collection!!!!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 2, 2012, 14:45 UConnBBall

I blame Apple and their ONE SIDED deals with the carriers. My Sprint bill went up $40 a month after they inked a deal with Apple.

They get $34 a month from AT&T for every iPhone on their system AND they get the highest costing phone and they sell it for $200. So as a Android user I am screwed!!!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Linux Indications
4. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 25, 2012, 00:28 UConnBBall

Having been a Linux fan for years I feel like all I need is League of Legends to be stable in Wine and I will be all set.

Linux and gaming is awesome. I love FTL!!!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 27, 2012, 21:34 UConnBBall

I love how there is ZERO Fiber Optics being laid down in all of America with Verizon's "Deal" with Comcast!!!! Fios is awesome and now it is going no where!  

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo