Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 294 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 15, 2014, 20:47 UConnBBall

Bet you this won't change until people start asking for booth bros for the one's who are attracted for the men. Then it is all over.

Though my 44 year old 235 pound body is up for sale at E3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: RE: KDE Jan 9, 2014, 22:43 UConnBBall

Let's be honest. The KDE hate was totally uncalled for and stupid. 4.0 was put in distros when KDE asked not to do it. People were mad that KDE 4.0 wasn't a public release. Like what a KDE 3,99 would have made sense. If KDE was so bad why is so much better of a transition than Gnome or Unity ever was?  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2014, 22:03 UConnBBall

1) If people care or not it doesn't matter. It helps PC Gaming

2) I am biased, I am an old hacker from the old 300 baud days and built a computer with my dad in the early 80s. You can do a ton with Steam OS. You have a desktop, a start menu and all the applications but not window applications.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2014, 20:23 UConnBBall

The reason it is important is that it is not Microsoft and/or Windows!

Sure it isn't a big deal about hardware because it really isn't about that it is having something not tied to Microsoft. The company that spurs all PC Gamers for over a decade with acts of a crazed girl/boyfriend who is dumping you and then proclaiming their undying love and then kicking you to the curb all within a week of proposing to you.

IE Games for Windows; Windows Live etc etc ad nauseam!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 7, 2013, 19:15 UConnBBall

All through Elementary School we always had a moment of silence. And it is a day that will always be remembered just not emotionally felt from those who weren't alive when it happened. Also I still think there is something to be said on this attack being expected and preventable by the US.  

News Comments > Starbound Beta This Week
3. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 1, 2013, 19:48 UConnBBall

It was a full minute of FTL ride to a star. Took forever and that was a standout youtube video they placed on their website. Was looking forward to it but I am too old to be waiting for load screens now a days.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 17, 2013, 19:54 UConnBBall

who writes these headlines?

ANSWER: http://www.theregister.co.uk/

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 12, 2013, 20:39 UConnBBall

No decent software? I am guessing your not the target audience

It is Chrome and Google's Web Services period, well with some Chrome Apps thrown in.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 31, 2013, 18:22 UConnBBall

The Nintendo headline should be: "Nintendo says no to billions of dollars."  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 22, 2013, 21:56 UConnBBall

I always tell my kids boredom is a wonderful gift that makes people be creative. Without boredom there would be no creativity.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 19, 2013, 14:23 UConnBBall

Copyright is WAY to long!

Example: Happy Birthday Song

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 19, 2013, 12:37 UConnBBall

I didn't have a new computer for over 2 years BECAUSE Apple said a color Mac was coming out in 6-12 months!!!!! It took them almost 4 years with 16 colors!!! I bought an Amiga best thing ever though in hind sight.  

News Comments > More Free Endless Space DLC Next Month
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 19, 2013, 12:36 UConnBBall

The issue with awful responses is that he can stroke his ego so his insecurity of his life will be diminished in his own perception. He can categorize his life to so he can feel like he has control about something.

All of life's problems come down to control. People get into trouble when they try to control what they can't and let slack the things we actually can control.

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Early Access
8. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 16, 2013, 17:47 UConnBBall

Reminds me of Startopia!!!!  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
29. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2013, 22:22 UConnBBall

BUT when have they earned this kind of trust? Everything from Stardock has been a mess for what 7 years!  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
25. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2013, 19:37 UConnBBall

Seriously when have they released a good game that works as advertised???? I am waiting a good few months.

Also with that road record they are charging $100????? Wow they must think they are better than Blizzard.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 13, 2013, 18:03 UConnBBall

Power Point is even worse! Word as a Swiss Army Knife of the office space though!

Long Story and Rant.

What is worse is when people use Word for EVERYTHING! They even open files in Word. In a job they asked me to make a document listing everyone's new assignments and locations and put it on the wall. Two weeks later my boss and his secretary close the door and demand why I didn't do my assignment. I tell them I did it that same day and it has been hanging outside their office doors for 14 days. Than after seeing it the secretary retreats into her office and my boss asks me to step in his office. He than wants to know why I didn't save it in the correct directory. Again I did it in the right directory. Than he asks why don't I see it and opens Word and goes see it isn't there. I keep my screaming inside and I show him that Word only sees word files, and not Power Point and Excel. New Office Policy EVERYTHING to be done in Excel (IT manager gets involved) New Policy Everyone must learn Excel.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dominions 4
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dominions 4 Oct 11, 2013, 20:22 UConnBBall

I always think of the old days of www.gonegold.com forums whenever I see this game. Though I never owned the game. It was always $60 being the biggest problem.  

News Comments > Space Rangers HD Next Week
13. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2013, 15:56 UConnBBall

Buy the Space Rangers 2 (Came out 7 years ago) Then use the cheats for anywhere you are stuck.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 7, 2013, 18:14 UConnBBall

FTL Sound track is a great piece of music. I bought the albumb the first week the game was released and still listen to it weekly.  

294 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo