Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 286 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 31, 2013, 18:22 UConnBBall

The Nintendo headline should be: "Nintendo says no to billions of dollars."  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 22, 2013, 21:56 UConnBBall

I always tell my kids boredom is a wonderful gift that makes people be creative. Without boredom there would be no creativity.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 19, 2013, 14:23 UConnBBall

Copyright is WAY to long!

Example: Happy Birthday Song

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 19, 2013, 12:37 UConnBBall

I didn't have a new computer for over 2 years BECAUSE Apple said a color Mac was coming out in 6-12 months!!!!! It took them almost 4 years with 16 colors!!! I bought an Amiga best thing ever though in hind sight.  

News Comments > More Free Endless Space DLC Next Month
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 19, 2013, 12:36 UConnBBall

The issue with awful responses is that he can stroke his ego so his insecurity of his life will be diminished in his own perception. He can categorize his life to so he can feel like he has control about something.

All of life's problems come down to control. People get into trouble when they try to control what they can't and let slack the things we actually can control.

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Early Access
8. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 16, 2013, 17:47 UConnBBall

Reminds me of Startopia!!!!  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
29. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2013, 22:22 UConnBBall

BUT when have they earned this kind of trust? Everything from Stardock has been a mess for what 7 years!  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
25. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2013, 19:37 UConnBBall

Seriously when have they released a good game that works as advertised???? I am waiting a good few months.

Also with that road record they are charging $100????? Wow they must think they are better than Blizzard.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 13, 2013, 18:03 UConnBBall

Power Point is even worse! Word as a Swiss Army Knife of the office space though!

Long Story and Rant.

What is worse is when people use Word for EVERYTHING! They even open files in Word. In a job they asked me to make a document listing everyone's new assignments and locations and put it on the wall. Two weeks later my boss and his secretary close the door and demand why I didn't do my assignment. I tell them I did it that same day and it has been hanging outside their office doors for 14 days. Than after seeing it the secretary retreats into her office and my boss asks me to step in his office. He than wants to know why I didn't save it in the correct directory. Again I did it in the right directory. Than he asks why don't I see it and opens Word and goes see it isn't there. I keep my screaming inside and I show him that Word only sees word files, and not Power Point and Excel. New Office Policy EVERYTHING to be done in Excel (IT manager gets involved) New Policy Everyone must learn Excel.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dominions 4
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dominions 4 Oct 11, 2013, 20:22 UConnBBall

I always think of the old days of www.gonegold.com forums whenever I see this game. Though I never owned the game. It was always $60 being the biggest problem.  

News Comments > Space Rangers HD Next Week
13. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2013, 15:56 UConnBBall

Buy the Space Rangers 2 (Came out 7 years ago) Then use the cheats for anywhere you are stuck.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 7, 2013, 18:14 UConnBBall

FTL Sound track is a great piece of music. I bought the albumb the first week the game was released and still listen to it weekly.  

News Comments > Op Ed
93. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2013, 21:20 UConnBBall

Okay I am last BUT this is NOT about the strip or the joke. It was everything after that. The way everything was done. When you have people who have an opinion that is different you respect it and if disagree and don't break the first rule of the Internet.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter Fails
12. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 24, 2013, 12:59 UConnBBall

I would say ET was the only scary video game I ever finished. Was well executed. Just lighting isn't striking twice. Lucky once means not lucky twice. Get rid of Dyack this has a chance.  

News Comments > AMD Says No More DirectX?
28. Re: RE: Follow up Apr 13, 2013, 20:01 UConnBBall

WaltC wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 13:34:
Wow..;) The BS in this thread runs deep...;) Microsoft takes its cues on the formulation of D3d versions from AMD & nVidia--of course--as these are the companies who support the APIs with their hardware.

WHAT? So AMD and NVIDIA want to support OpenGL AND DirectX and they control the API and the tools that the devlopers use???? LOL dude seriously need to not call people BS when you don't get the fact that no M$ no DirectX everyone uses OpenGL.

News Comments > AMD Says No More DirectX?
24. Re: RE: Follow up Apr 13, 2013, 11:36 UConnBBall

Win for John Carmack over Bill Gates. They had a HUGE fight over OpenGL vs DirectX and I guess John Wins.

Also for the world to become OS Agnostic this needs to happen. I would like to think we are getting to a point where it doesn't really matter practically between Windows, OSX and Linux. DirectX and Direct3D was a big road block.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: RE: Follow up Apr 10, 2013, 01:12 UConnBBall

Awesomenaughts the best $2.50 I spent all year. Now with a new map!  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: RE: Follow up Mar 23, 2013, 14:56 UConnBBall

I really thought I would HATE Al Franken in the Senate but you know what? He gets internet. Is it his staff?  

News Comments > Victory Kickstarter
5. Re: RE: Follow up Mar 5, 2013, 21:46 UConnBBall

The real issue is I love the company for what they are trying but their execution of products has been found lacking. I am guessing this doesn't get funded due to perception, fact or fiction, of their production values. If Chris Taylor doesn't get WildMan this one doesn't either. Sadly this will cause some real world issues at the HQ I am afraid Hope I am wrong.  

News Comments > Linux Wargame: European Escalation
2. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 27, 2013, 14:12 UConnBBall

Like ever.  

286 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo