Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 267 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
2. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 4, 2010, 15:19 UConnBBall

OK so Elemental caused people there to be layoffs and then this beauty: No one involved on the core components of Elemental is affected.

Um aren't the people responsible being hurt? Nope

Also how does Stardock not have vats of money after tiny team games sold millions?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Altitude Weekend
3. Re: Free Altitude Weekend Sep 4, 2010, 11:06 UConnBBall

This has been my favorite game for the last year. Also it runs on Linux I ended up buying this for 5 friends and my son. It's such a blast. Get it and try it out.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: 7 year old talks trash Sep 3, 2010, 14:05 UConnBBall

Yeah that video is probably illegal. It wrong in so many ways.  

News Comments > On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail
8. Re: On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail Sep 3, 2010, 13:17 UConnBBall

Sin's was great but it was not developed by Stardock.

OK the issue is that Brad keeps "learning lessons."

Demigod - Were not going to do multi-player for a long time.

Elemental - ? Brad doesn't do coding or is it that paid beta is not a complete testing system?

The thing that made me love Stardock AKA no DRM and a great game aka Gal Civ are over. I personally view Paradox games as more refined on release day. This stigma is going to last a long long time.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 2, 2010, 21:34 UConnBBall

Wow Tank Rushing is now 14 years and 51 weeks old to!  

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Open Beta
2. Re: Company of Heroes Online Open Beta Sep 2, 2010, 21:30 UConnBBall

Company for Heroes Online is two years old. It started in China. They are now changing it to try and work it in America.  

News Comments > Valve Linux Port Plans?
6. Re: Yay! Sep 2, 2010, 19:17 UConnBBall

Visual Studio? Just use the million development tools on Linux. If you want C3 it's called Mono
Outlook = Evolution or my favorite is KMail
Adobe is way to expensive - I now use Inkscape and Krita and Gimp even though I have had access to Adobe Creative Suite 3 and I finished the project with those programs and Audacity. It's just what you get use to.

I am so excited for Linux support for steam but it might not be for Source It might be just for server support or the games that already have a Linux port i.e. Altitude and Galcom to name a few.

-Marc

News Comments > Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up
21. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 16:36 UConnBBall

OK so this is the second bad release. OK I remember him on podcast Brad said that he wouldn't do multi-player due to issues and that people were not giving them 24 to fix Demigod. Him months later still issues.

Is Stardock the new Paradox???? Buy the game 3 to 6 months later.

News Comments > MS Recommits to PC Gaming Again
11. Re: MS Recommits to PC Gaming Again Aug 17, 2010, 11:50 UConnBBall

It is sad. Mouse and keyboard are best for: Strategy, FPS, RTS, MMORPG (IMHO everything). Why did they have to stop supporting Windows Gaming so that they could do XBox????? I thought money was money. I bet you that it would have stopped a ton of people switching to OS X or Linux. Only reason I have Windows is to play some games.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
3. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 11:44 UConnBBall

Um everything Paketep said except for the swearing Also you forgot thanks for also killing the Zone. It was the best community building system ever and I bought games if they worked with the Zone. It was a huge missed opportunity. To bad it worked great for community and had a ton of issues with stability. (Hmmmm sounds like Windows an why I run Linux)

Ensemble's patching system really lost me as a customer over the years, but AoE were my favorite online game ever.

-UConnBBall

News Comments > New Battle for Wesnoth
1. Re: New Battle for Wesnoth Aug 13, 2010, 10:13 UConnBBall

real-time strategy game
It's turn based. It's pretty good game.

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot Patched
3. Re: Dark Age of Camelot Patched Aug 11, 2010, 23:50 UConnBBall

Was a fun ride for me for about 4 months. It was just way to time consuming. I guess all MMORPG are that way, but helping run a guild and level up took hours. The PvP was a blast though. Milities Rigorus was awesome  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2010, 14:11 UConnBBall

I drove past the spot yesterday. My parents also we witnesses of the accident and it makes me have a pit in my stomach when I drive past were the accident happened. Glad I only drive by it like once or twice a year.  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced
4. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 16:32 UConnBBall

Well there are several board games and even a card collectible game. This is a great universe to do several games. Just hope we can see A level RTS games again.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2010, 23:51 UConnBBall

I miss my Amiga 500 but boy did I ever want a Amiga 1000 forever. Amiga where the computer made sense and the api were great and the gnu tools made me cry.

C64 was great but the Amiga was love.

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
18. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 16:29 UConnBBall

In my world of online digital purchases the order of priority goes: GOG > Steam > Direct2Drive > Impulse. Everyone else can die. Did you hear me GFWL? I said die!

I go GOG > Gamers Gate > Steam > Impulse. Direct2Drive is way to intrusive to my liking. Gamers Gate is a close 2nd and Steam is a much further back 3rd unless it is an online game.

-Marc

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
6. Re: Steam Sale Jun 24, 2010, 15:47 UConnBBall

DRM really is sad. Love GOG.com they are the best! Also I really like Gamersgate.com but these sales are pretty awesome. I got both Space Rangers games for dirt cheap. I bought it on direct2drive years ago, but I hate direct2drive and haven't installed it for years due to their installer and background process to play a single player game.  

News Comments > WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans
4. Re: WWII Online: Battleground Europe Plans Jun 23, 2010, 15:14 UConnBBall

Wow I didn't know it was still kicking. I am glad it survived it launch nightmares. I would have bought it during launch but I heard from friends and online that it was a mess that would never get fixed. Glad to see someone prove people wrong.  

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
5. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 21, 2010, 17:19 UConnBBall

And we are going to have this awesome Online Service called Windows Live after we killed our first online service The Zone. Also we are going to make it so that there are ten different ways for people to connect together. Now you have Steam, Battlenet, Whatever our studios make and Impulse. Plus a million other services. We are not going to help the infrastructure of Windows gaming we are just going to make our own service and hopefully beat our competition into the ground. Or we will change our mind after 2 years of zero support and resources on the new service.

And we will have a awesome magazine called Games for Windows. We will support and push that magazine. Oh yeah we are going to have a traditionally loved magazine rename itself and then we are going to support it to show our support for games. We the magazine we didn't need nor it was to much work to support and let it crumble to dust in less then two years.

Also we are going to support our Windows gaming studios. Like we supported Ensemble and its Age of series. We sold millions and made millions and now we killed it a year ago but NOW we are supporting our XBox studios in making ports.

Ugh I am sad and sicken by M$ Gaming stupidity.

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Jun 20, 2010, 21:41 UConnBBall

Apple deserves it. False advertising and hyper control environment gives a serious false sense of comfort to the user heads. Mac Heads like it because it easier to use aka The Mac way. They seriously think there are no Mac viruses nor trojans. LOL  

267 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo