Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 309 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 12, 2011, 17:38 UConnBBall

Game of Thrones does not make a good story for a RTS or any other video game period. If you want a great Game of Thrones game get the Living Card Game by Fantasy Flight Games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM
4. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 8, 2011, 23:58 UConnBBall

Suing them means they made money by not having the DRM????? Hmmmm lesson learned or lawsuit for contract? Lawsuit  

News Comments > Line of Defense Details
1. Re: Line of Defense Details Jul 8, 2011, 23:57 UConnBBall

Wow this has the mixture of awesomeness Derek Smart and a MMORPG. The good doctor Smart will surely deliver a great product that is horrible received by small minded people who don't "get" gamers. Did Derek Smart rescue the other MMO that he was hired to fix?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 15:19 UConnBBall

Wow I just upgraded after 7 years!!!! (Blame goes to being married and having kids, they are better then hardware)

I just made it in on the Radeon HD 6870 card???? Really that was over $200 just a few months ago so we need $150+ cards.

64 Bit Only!!! I am so glad we can finally use our excessive cheap RAM for the greater good.

News Comments > DOTA2 Showing Soon?
4. Re: DOTA2 Showing Soon? Jul 5, 2011, 02:08 UConnBBall

Um yes reliable servers have me. I thought the same thing after I posted on my phone.

DOTA are a RTS and the S stands for strategy. I think the same skills that made a person a good Age of Empires or Rise of Nations player can equal a great DOTA Player.

There is economy. There is tactics and there is planing and execution. To me its the best strategy game out their now in terms of multi-player.
Though you are controlling one hero you are doing so much strategy that it can't be a third person shooter or action. Also does not fall into the RPG since the game is one and done per game. so to me it is RTS with total control of your one hero.

If you don't think so watch the high level play from Dream Hack.

News Comments > DOTA2 Showing Soon?
1. Re: DOTA2 Showing Soon? Jul 4, 2011, 17:07 UConnBBall

really looking forward to see what a dota through the eyes of valve, though League of Legends will be hard to beat inho.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine PC System Requirements
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine PC System Requirements Jun 30, 2011, 08:26 UConnBBall

Here almost all of the previews I have read online.

"Oh and then Space Marines boring theme and same old."

What? This is Warhammer 40k which is awesome but since you don't care for it you have nothing to say on how the mechanics work or anything else???? Sad

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Hacked
7. Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:33 UConnBBall

I also like this game and the free to play model is a bit frustrating since they do introduce game bending bonuses like the new super hero packs. I spent $10 for 2 decent weapons and I was done till level 14. Now I need $15 to upgrade. Don't think I'll sink that into it. Was worth the $10.

Now prices for A.V.A are stupidlyhigh

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Goes Free-to-Play Jun 23, 2011, 22:47 UConnBBall

Well I just want to play Vanilla TF2 for years. I don't have time for everything that's changed. I now play Monday Night Combat and miss the old days.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2011, 14:01 UConnBBall

I am really liking it. I missed Laser Squad Nemeses from years ago. It doesn't have the different races but it sure has the strategy down. I would say this is a Turned Based FPS.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2011, 21:39 UConnBBall

Homemade anything is better then the store if you keep at it. Personally I think you are ready to have your mind blown. I recommend the LONG title, "How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques, A Barbecue Bible! Cookbook" Its like $12 on amazon and it will really teach you how to do everything and the rub and sauce recipes are great.

Also make your own teriyaki sauces: Half Soy Sauce half Mirim (Sweet Saki) It's in the grocery store. I just heat it up in a pot and add whatever I want.

Boil Balsamic Vinegar to about half the volume and drizzle some over chicken. The best.

Also you know your not putting in a ton of chemicals and other crap in and they can't taste good can they?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2011, 19:57 UConnBBall

'm wondering why so much hate for Pippen.

OK he can have an opionon but he better not be the one saying it publicly. Seriously Pipen was a good player that played well with Jordan. He is no Wade even. So him saying that in the pubic is a slap on the back.

Pipen should be the first supporter and the first defender. Instead we get what he said. Best scorer? Jordan was not one-sided (slap to Jordan who has one time defensive player of the year 1988.

All this and I hated Jordan and the band wagon fans. I am a Knicks fan and we would have had a championship or two if not for MJ. MJ retires and we lose the Finals in game 7.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2011, 16:02 UConnBBall

I usually get all my Newegg.com items within a day here in PA since "most" orders come fron NJ but sometimes I get an order shipping in from CA and it takes DAYSSSSS.  

News Comments > No Valve E3 Announcements
8. Re: No Valve E3 Announcements May 19, 2011, 01:50 UConnBBall

If they reveal HL3 before Episode 3 the internets will melt and burn. I can see it now Episode 3 = HL3 a quote by Gabe.  

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway
14. Re: Rise of Immortals Beta Key Giveaway May 16, 2011, 18:48 UConnBBall

I got my key a month ago and I can't get it to run on Windows 7 64 bit  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 7, 2011, 00:25 UConnBBall

From what I know it was an out of date Apache server with no firewall. Sounds like the 13 year old hacker of my past could have done that one or my Grandmother. Lawsuit coming hard but do people understand that they left a known vulnerability not be patched and didn't have a firewall and no encryption on passwords??? Answer no.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Booster Pack Video
2. Re: Age of Empires Online Booster Pack Video Apr 29, 2011, 01:07 UConnBBall

It is real early but YAWN. I have a hard time not seeing the horrible non-patching fiasco studio ES and seeing Gas Powered. I think this is not what RTS fans are looking for. So far DotA and League of Legends are the last best hope for RTS

I miss Rise of Rome and Rise of Nations

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Continues
44. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Continues Apr 28, 2011, 00:32 UConnBBall

UConnBBall wants a key. I might be back into the RTS world again.  

News Comments > JoWooD Closing
3. Re: JoWooD Closing Apr 21, 2011, 21:57 UConnBBall

I know I have posted this before but they NEVER PATCHED Guild! It was a HUGE bug and they never patched it and stated that it wasn't worth the money to fix it. Never bought another game from them since.

Silent Storm was awesome!

News Comments > Darkspore Trailer
3. Re: Darkspore Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 00:16 UConnBBall

I got bored within an hour and played League of Legends instead. Wasn't for me.  

309 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo