Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 267 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer
11. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 18:44 UConnBBall

I just don't see a RTS for this series. The action is very lite and this is more an intrigue and rumors book. Heck The Game of Thrones is either win or die and its about the Kings Council, back stabbing and the politics and not the armies.

This would be better suited in EU 3 then in any RTS. This game will not give the same feeling of this series period.

Also if you haven't read it read it they are good books in and of themselves and don't have to be finished.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization IV Theme Wins Grammy
10. Re: Civilization IV Theme Wins Grammy Feb 14, 2011, 15:28 UConnBBall

The Civ IV theme song always reminded me of some generic "world music" you would find in the gift shop of some podunk natural history museum.

Dito

News Comments > Age Of Empires Online Details
11. Re: Age Of Empires Online Details Jan 25, 2011, 21:55 UConnBBall

I'm laughing at myself with Monkey maker MONEY maker

Also didn't fit their vision of making money with video games on Windows? The PC side scares me. If they didn't have Windows gaming and another company did they would spend billions on taking over. They are the super power and they are don't use it for any advantage.

News Comments > Age Of Empires Online Details
8. Re: Age Of Empires Online Details Jan 25, 2011, 15:25 UConnBBall

Um Microsoft killed the community when it killed The Zone.

Then

Microsoft killed it when it Killed Ensemble Studios.

That studio was a monkey maker and they still killed it. Also their stupid patching since Rise of Rome has always been one frustrating endeavor. I will jump in when it comes out just to see if old friends might show up but who knows.

-UConnBBall

News Comments > Dominions 3 Patches
1. Re: Dominions 3 Patches Jan 18, 2011, 14:55 UConnBBall

This game is still $55 Been waiting years to get this for Linux.  

News Comments > PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week
4. Re: PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week Jan 14, 2011, 22:39 UConnBBall

Yes only Mondays and only Combat.  

News Comments > PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week
1. Re: PC Monday Night Combat Delayed 1 Week Jan 14, 2011, 19:30 UConnBBall

Love this on XBox but this will be a blast on PC. I am getting my mouse and keyboard skills (or lack of skills) ready.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2011, 13:37 UConnBBall

Here is the better headline http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375623,00.asp

Google Kicks H.264 To Curb, Embraces Open Codecs

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 13, 2011, 12:39 UConnBBall

Um this is the dumbest Headline ever.

OK How about Google follows Firefox and drops the patent Lord's H.264 for a patent freeish and open sourced codex?

Seriously Apple and MS lovers need to chill on making Open Sourced solutions evil??? What is going on????

News Comments > JoWooD Insolvent
32. Re: JoWooD Insolvent Jan 10, 2011, 22:16 UConnBBall

Well since The Guild was never patched to fix a game ending bug I never bought another game from them period. I would have and my friend gave me silent storm but never a dollar. Heck you can still buy The Guild online and it still has the same game ending bug.

Bug = You have to complete a quest to further the profession (I think Potter) and to do the quest you had to send some materials to one city and the bug makes it so you can never send anything to the one city. Easy fix but never done.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 9, 2011, 22:35 UConnBBall

This is the most wildest news and saddest. Kilipsh aka the best speakers for the money are going to be owned by the cheapest crap making audio company ever.

Broadcom joining Linux foundation next thing you will know Apple and Microsoft follow suit.

Cedega is going free (Cost) also crazy! They took the Wine code while it was in a BSD license and then forked it to a totally priority cost software. Now its going free?????

I think I will be the only one to find this news together as stunning as the dead fish and birds in Arkansa.

News Comments > THQ and Mattel Games
2. Re: THQ and Mattel Games Jan 5, 2011, 12:31 UConnBBall

So a Barbie RTS sounds AWESOME!  

News Comments > Ryzom Linux Client & Competition
1. Re: Ryzom Linux Client & Competition Dec 2, 2010, 00:43 UConnBBall

Always good to see a little Linux Love  

News Comments > New AI Wars Expansion Next Month
5. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 15:22 UConnBBall

Game blows is strong. How about "It's not for me." The game is a very long slow played out game.

I would say that every RTS or Strategy game is a Spreadsheet. Some hide it better then others. The game though is neat and the AI agro being out in the open makes it a neat game for me.

I say support the indie gamers if it even gives you a few hours of enjoyment. Personally I got about 20 hours and I hope to dive back in soon. Well worth the money.

News Comments > New AI Wars Expansion Next Month
1. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 10:39 UConnBBall

I think they should do a pay what you want promo or even a donation program. I got AI Wars for $5 bucks from steam and I got hours of play from it. Well worth every penny. Now if they had it working for Linux (Impossible I know with their choice of tools and language, but I would have gave them alot more for that.

Great game and VERY deep.

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
14. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 16:16 UConnBBall

TRIBES 1 was great TRIBES 2 meh big time

No game will ever be like that. Battlefield 2 was only other game I can think of that had a high learning curve.

How about Tribes 1 is open sourced and we can play again Or how about Tribes on gog.com or steam. That is our only chance to play a game that has a steep learning curve and is fun to play.

News Comments > On the GOG.com Hoax
15. Re: On the GOG.com Hoax Sep 23, 2010, 00:38 UConnBBall

I am so gad they are back that I fogive them but shhhs that sucked. I saw the one nice company going down the tubes and all the evil companies saying see nice guys finish last.  

News Comments > GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday
20. Re: GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday Sep 21, 2010, 22:00 UConnBBall

If I pay for a 10.00 boxed game, but can get that same game for 10.00 online and that online service goes down - I am going to be pissed if I bought it online!

The thing is that with GOG your file has no drm and is good for life.

News Comments > GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday
17. Re: GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday Sep 21, 2010, 10:01 UConnBBall

I blamed everyone that bought a title that was on gog.com at a different store to save a few bucks and add on the DRM. I was hoping it was a few other digital services (Direct2drive.com or Impulse) but atlas people's hatred of DRM is a cheap hatred.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 21, 2010, 09:54 UConnBBall

So does EA want Google to change the app store name from Market Place to App Store??????  

267 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo