Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 24, 2011, 03:52 UConnBBall

So they paid a ton of money for it and then ran it into the ground and now they close shop. Way to ruin everything in the internet gaming wise IGN.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Trailer
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 22, 2011, 18:33 UConnBBall

Yes the original Dota ish map was a StarCraft mod but DOTA is from WarCarft III mod and DOTA All-Stars.  

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Trailer
7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 22, 2011, 04:48 UConnBBall

This whole new genreish thing just got serious! I mean really name me the big names of PC Gaming and guess what they are all coming out with?

Riot Games a little no name makes millions a day I bet.

Then here comes Valve and Blizzard.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Demo
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 21, 2011, 22:56 UConnBBall

The only sad things is. PRESS START  

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Demo
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 21, 2011, 08:12 UConnBBall

My ownly issue is I was hoping this would be 10 minutes and you can quit and still have some progress like Torchlight, but it takes around 20-30 minutes for single player sessions. I do enjoy it, but I get a little frustrated when I have one or two mobs left and I have to keep running to find them. A little mini-map in those cases would be great.  

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Video Diary
6. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 18, 2011, 09:52 UConnBBall

Yes it has been delayed BIG time, but I am a sucker for TF2 items and the offer of in game items in Dungeon Defenders of TF2 looked cool. Currently I am addicted to League of Legends so I don't know why I am throwing my money out the windows for this but I have some hope.  

News Comments > Dawn of War Sale; Free Retribution Weekend
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2011, 21:13 UConnBBall

The reason they look like the Zerg was BioWare used Tyranids from Warhammer 40K since they Pre-Date the Zerg and have stated that they were influenced by 40K Universe for the first Starcraft. I don't know if Tyranids pre-date the movie Alien.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2011, 17:28 UConnBBall

How I love KDE 4. The Best Desktop Environment EVER!!!  

News Comments > Dawn of War Sale; Free Retribution Weekend
1. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 14, 2011, 21:57 UConnBBall

I really like the last stand mode. It is a good ten minutes well spent. I think this is a decent game in the series but I would like to see some more complexity in the next series.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 23:02 UConnBBall

Yup here are the pre-order page.

[url=]http://goo.gl/1qQZm[/url]

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 19:48 UConnBBall

Wait this doesn't make sense? I bought Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II through them. They have been selling games for years.  

News Comments > Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot
6. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 23:56 UConnBBall

My first MMORPG and I only played Anarchy online after that one. I like competitive games more but was fun.

Was fun but became a ton of work with a Guild of 80 or so. We really rocked the server for years though I only played for 4 months. It was a bunch of RTS players and the makers of Empire Earth on the other side of the fighting. Was fun.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 18:31 UConnBBall

Yes you are all out. No more PC and no more Notebooks people want a tablet or phone only. LOL ever try to write a paper on one of those? Ever try and work with photo or video editing?

PCs will always be around and are the work horses. The non-PC are the ease of mobile devices.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 18:28 UConnBBall

Just shows alot of people were holding out and skipped the iPhone 4. This is 99% iPhone 3 and 3GS owners. No make share increase. iPhone will continue to fall behind.

Still sad MeeGoo was killed though but it is a good day to see Apple try and put a spin on a shrinking product.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Next Month
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 8, 2011, 16:03 UConnBBall

How about Tribes 1 with new graphics and some tweaks???? I have hated everything anyone has ever added. Tribes 2 was sad to me.  

News Comments > League of Legends: Dominion Launches
4. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 26, 2011, 18:56 UConnBBall

I've been playing a couple months, but have only done 3 vs 3s. I just feel like I have a much greater influence over a 3 vs 3 than I would a 5 vs 5. Individual player skill matters significantly more with smaller numbers than it does with larger. I might check out Dominion though, just for a change of pace.

I have to respectfully disagree with you in a big NO. The game is totally broken in 3v3 and is balanced for the 5v5 game. Even Dominion will always be broken since it is not the 5v5 game.

5v5 has roles with three lanes. This is the current game meta.
Top and Mid Lane = Solo
Bottom Lane = One support and one carry
Jungler = Roamer, Ganker and kills jungle creeps.

So in 5v5 if you are losing in a role you affect your team in a huge manner.

To me this is DotA done right. I like how streamlined the game is and I think it actually will out perform DotA2. Dominion is a blast and a quick filler.

News Comments > Valve to Release Dota 2 "As Fast As We Can"
19. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 24, 2011, 01:40 UConnBBall

Welcome to the New Valve and what is happening for the next two years. League of Legends is a CASH COW like no other. MOBA is the future and it has already taking the top eSports scene and in my case all my playing time period.

I like the games and I like the multiplayer craziness of it all. I just want to get into the beta but I do plan on staying with LoL.

News Comments > League of Legends Dominion Beta
3. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 21, 2011, 23:02 UConnBBall

I got to play one game. It was a blast and a totally different game. Very fast and hectic.

Personally I will be staying with League of Legends over DotA2 just due to the way LoL feels and looks. I dont have a ton of time and I really like the way the game plays.

I have a prediction. DotA2 might be Heros of Might and Magic IV and League of Legends might be Disciples 2 all over again. Back then everyone was dismissive of D2 and just planned on skipping right to HMM IV once it was released. Everyone quickly realized that D2 was a better experience.

I played DotA and Demigod and the rest and LoL just is plan more fun to me. I do hope the best for DotA2 and valve. Riot has dropped allot of promises, but I sure do love the game.

News Comments > Xbox LIVE on Windows 8
28. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 13, 2011, 23:36 UConnBBall

How about PC Gaming is stronger then ever and now they could have owned this space but they tried to kill it. I say I am never going to trust MS with PC Gaming EVER.

Thank God for independent companies.

News Comments > What's Next for Frictional?
6. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 10, 2011, 00:39 UConnBBall

Just saw this to back up what I was saying.

Team Meat who developed Team Meat Boy vows never to work with Microsoft again.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/38606/We-wont-work-with-Microsoft-again-Team-Meat

I really think the era of PC Gaming's return to top dog status is really happening unless Microsoft cares to ruin it.

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo