Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for UConn of the BBall

Real Name UConn of the BBall   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname UConnBBall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 23125337
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 5, 2005, 13:45
Total Comments 267 (Amateur)
User ID 22654

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > League of Legends Player Base Doubles
6. Re: League of Legends Player Base Doubles Nov 18, 2011, 18:48 UConnBBall

Dev wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 11:28:
$5 million in prize money and 1.3 million simultaneous players is pretty impressive.
I doubt they are making near the money as skyrim, nonetheless its impressive numbers.

I would say that they actually make more money. I haven't spent a ton but I have and my nephew is spending $20 a month and I know that several thousand of people have spent over $600 on it. To get the champions through RP alone is over $360 or $180 through sale. So I say they make more.

Personally I like this game more then anything else except:

First 6 months Age of Empires Rise of Rome
First 2 months of Rise of Nations

Riot Patches are game changers every 2 weeks. Thing never get stale. Age of Empire games never got patched for MONTHS with huge GAME BREAKING balance issues. I love the changing game and combos.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Linux Desura Client
3. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 17, 2011, 16:37 UConnBBall

There are alot of Linux games. Every game from Indie Humble Bundle is Linux. Also if they would get the DOS Box games of old they work awesome to, but I love supporting gog.com  

News Comments > Stardock Titles on Steam
12. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 17, 2011, 07:52 UConnBBall

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 22:48:
You'd think that having the ability to move your game from one service to another would be in the Gamer's Bill of Rights.

LOL the Gamer's Bill of Rights died right when DemiGod was published!

I just got so bored with Brad's appearance on Podcast to apologize. He had no clue about DemiGod and no clue about Elements till the blood was on the wall.

News Comments > LEGO Universe to Close
13. Re: RE: Follow up Nov 5, 2011, 09:59 UConnBBall

They just need to change their business model. If club penguin can make millions this really cool game should make possibly more.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist
6. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 25, 2011, 00:39 UConnBBall

Skipping due to Origins requirement. Also I am serious not buying it period. Would have been a day one purchase.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 24, 2011, 03:52 UConnBBall

So they paid a ton of money for it and then ran it into the ground and now they close shop. Way to ruin everything in the internet gaming wise IGN.  

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Trailer
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 22, 2011, 18:33 UConnBBall

Yes the original Dota ish map was a StarCraft mod but DOTA is from WarCarft III mod and DOTA All-Stars.  

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Trailer
7. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 22, 2011, 04:48 UConnBBall

This whole new genreish thing just got serious! I mean really name me the big names of PC Gaming and guess what they are all coming out with?

Riot Games a little no name makes millions a day I bet.

Then here comes Valve and Blizzard.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Demo
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 21, 2011, 22:56 UConnBBall

The only sad things is. PRESS START  

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Demo
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 21, 2011, 08:12 UConnBBall

My ownly issue is I was hoping this would be 10 minutes and you can quit and still have some progress like Torchlight, but it takes around 20-30 minutes for single player sessions. I do enjoy it, but I get a little frustrated when I have one or two mobs left and I have to keep running to find them. A little mini-map in those cases would be great.  

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Video Diary
6. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 18, 2011, 09:52 UConnBBall

Yes it has been delayed BIG time, but I am a sucker for TF2 items and the offer of in game items in Dungeon Defenders of TF2 looked cool. Currently I am addicted to League of Legends so I don't know why I am throwing my money out the windows for this but I have some hope.  

News Comments > Dawn of War Sale; Free Retribution Weekend
11. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2011, 21:13 UConnBBall

The reason they look like the Zerg was BioWare used Tyranids from Warhammer 40K since they Pre-Date the Zerg and have stated that they were influenced by 40K Universe for the first Starcraft. I don't know if Tyranids pre-date the movie Alien.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 15, 2011, 17:28 UConnBBall

How I love KDE 4. The Best Desktop Environment EVER!!!  

News Comments > Dawn of War Sale; Free Retribution Weekend
1. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 14, 2011, 21:57 UConnBBall

I really like the last stand mode. It is a good ten minutes well spent. I think this is a decent game in the series but I would like to see some more complexity in the next series.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 23:02 UConnBBall

Yup here are the pre-order page.

[url=]http://goo.gl/1qQZm[/url]

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 11, 2011, 19:48 UConnBBall

Wait this doesn't make sense? I bought Warhammer 40K Dawn of War II through them. They have been selling games for years.  

News Comments > Ten Years of Dark Age of Camelot
6. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 23:56 UConnBBall

My first MMORPG and I only played Anarchy online after that one. I like competitive games more but was fun.

Was fun but became a ton of work with a Guild of 80 or so. We really rocked the server for years though I only played for 4 months. It was a bunch of RTS players and the makers of Empire Earth on the other side of the fighting. Was fun.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 18:31 UConnBBall

Yes you are all out. No more PC and no more Notebooks people want a tablet or phone only. LOL ever try to write a paper on one of those? Ever try and work with photo or video editing?

PCs will always be around and are the work horses. The non-PC are the ease of mobile devices.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 18:28 UConnBBall

Just shows alot of people were holding out and skipped the iPhone 4. This is 99% iPhone 3 and 3GS owners. No make share increase. iPhone will continue to fall behind.

Still sad MeeGoo was killed though but it is a good day to see Apple try and put a spin on a shrinking product.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Next Month
2. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 8, 2011, 16:03 UConnBBall

How about Tribes 1 with new graphics and some tweaks???? I have hated everything anyone has ever added. Tribes 2 was sad to me.  

267 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo