Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sir Graves

Real Name Sir Graves   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2004, 23:04
Total Comments 170 (Novice)
User ID 22616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefall Beta Plans
9. Re: Firefall Beta Plans Nov 29, 2012, 16:26 Sir Graves

Man, this is still in beta? Wow. Just release it already, guys, come on. I may take a second look (was in the beta for a bit) but I'm waiting for it to officially launch finally, so I can play it with my friends easily and conveniently (and hopefully, largely bug-free). I'll continue to wait.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 28, 2012, 16:16 Sir Graves

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is crazy fun and I'm digging it way more than I thought I would! It'll definitely hold me over till Mount & Blade II comes out. If you're of a Medieval mindset (like me), you should check it out ASAP.  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Funded
14. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Funded Nov 7, 2012, 16:05 Sir Graves

I love the look and vibe of the trailers, but I'm gonna need a playable demo or alpha build or something. I'll need the incentive of access to early builds before I'm throwing real money at it now.

Grant backers access to early builds (like many of the other Kickstarters and such do), and Sir, you are being funded.

News Comments > Salem Beta Expands
8. Re: Salem Beta Expands Nov 7, 2012, 15:55 Sir Graves

Bah, I don't "try" for beta keys anymore. I just wait for open beta or the official release. I used to think it was a big deal working and waiting for weeks or months to get a key and then eventually getting in, but now, after getting into too many that I just don't end up playing (usually because they took way too long to send me a key so I lost all interest), I just don't care that much to work at it anymore. Just let me know when it's out for real (or it's an open beta). Too many great games to play these days as it is!  

News Comments > Bridge Project and Demo Now Available
2. Re: Bridge Project and Demo Now Available Nov 6, 2012, 16:12 Sir Graves

Ever wondered if you had it in you to be a successful bridge architect?

Well, I mean, of course, who hasn't?

News Comments > Outlast Trailer
13. Re: Outlast Trailer Nov 1, 2012, 17:08 Sir Graves

Ha, looks like they're simulating it being controlled by a console controller.

I await actual mouse+keyboard gameplay footage before even thinking about getting interested. But I do dig the creepy vibe and idea so far.

News Comments > 0x10c Multiplayer Footage
13. Re: 0x10c Multiplayer Footage Oct 25, 2012, 16:49 Sir Graves

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 12:09:
Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to see a single thing about this game that looks even remotely interesting...

Creston

And for me, the planned monthly subscription fee for multiplayer (what most people will want to do in this game, just like Minecraft...I mean exploring together and whatnot, BTW, not so much PVP) isn't helping, either. (Cuz I won't pay a monthly fee no matter how good it turns out to be.)

News Comments > New War of the Roses Content Next Month
3. Re: New War of the Roses Content Next Month Oct 15, 2012, 17:45 Sir Graves

Bah... bring on Mount & Blade 2 already! That's what fans are really waiting for, Paradox!  

News Comments > Primal Carnage Beta Underway
3. Re: Primal Carnage Beta Underway Oct 8, 2012, 17:17 Sir Graves

Dang, wish it was an open beta at this point. I'd kind of like to at least try it out first a little bit before I actually buy it. Eh, I'll wait.  

News Comments > Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced
4. Re: Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Announced Oct 2, 2012, 16:12 Sir Graves

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 13:52:
All I can say is, it's about damned time! Been wanting this ever since I found out the last M&B standalone "expansion" was a glorified user mod. Not even a very good or popular one, at that...

Totally agree with the excited part (M&B2 will show War of the Roses how it's really done), but M&B's last expansion was Napoleonic Wars, which actually garnered rave reviews and is very popular within the M&B community. It's an awesome and absolutely epic expansion, man, especially if you happen to be into Napoleonic-era warfare. But not many in-the-know would disparage that release as anything other than quality and FUN.

Unless, of course, you meant the standalone expansion that came out before NW, "With Fire & Sword". Now that one got weak reviews and wasn't looked at very positively by most in the community upon release. I can only assume you mean that and not NW. If not, then you stand corrected.

News Comments > War of the Roses and A Game of Dwarves Next Month
3. Re: War of the Roses and A Game of Dwarves Next Month Sep 24, 2012, 18:16 Sir Graves

D4rkKnight wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 17:38:
And after 30 seconds in 1st person sword fighting you would never go back to it...

Matter of opinion (and skill), I guess. I've played Mount & Blade: Warband for two years now and play it exclusively from 1st person (I prefer the realism)--and am generally near or at the top of the leaderboards in most servers I play on (same with its expansion Napoleonic Wars). I committed to that view from the beginning and it's just second-nature to me now and I'm quite good with it. It's also how I play DayZ, too (even though many prefer 3rd person for that game as well), and I do just fine there.

Like I said, personal opinion, but I laugh at people who say you can't be good unless you switch to 3rd person. Yes you can. I've actually been called out to prove it to people on dueling servers (Warband) who swore they could best me if I played in 1st person, and have made believers of quite a few really good players now. Point is, you can totally play just as well from that view if you just commit to it and practice a lot. True story.

News Comments > War of the Roses and A Game of Dwarves Next Month
1. Re: War of the Roses and A Game of Dwarves Next Month Sep 24, 2012, 17:31 Sir Graves

Sorry War of the Roses, you lost me at "3rd person". For this kind of game I demand at least an option to go 1st person.  

News Comments > The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts?
44. Re: The Old Republic EP Leaves; Other Staff Cuts? Jul 17, 2012, 22:52 Sir Graves

PropheT wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 15:54:
The MMO market is fine, and there's still plenty of people paying for subscriptions.
In this day and age people are still doing that?? Who are these suckers of which you speak?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2012, 17:45 Sir Graves

What's always helped with our cats and dogs over the years on the 4th, is simply having some "background noises" going within the house the whole evening, and also, doing our best to shut out the outside world for a few hours.

We have all the doors and windows closed and our air conditioning running (if you don't have AC that might be a problem after an hour or so in this kind of heat, though) which already helps a lot to dampen outside noises, and then we usually watch movies in the evening (home theater system), so we make sure to crank up the sound just a little bit more on nights like this, and that totally does the trick. Also, in the kitchen, away from the main TV room, we put some music on shuffle in the MP3 player and turn it up decently, and that masks anything out in that side of the house, too.

But yeah, just do all or a combination of these things (it's only for a couple of hours, really), and it will help a LOT. Just shut out the noise of the outside world for a bit! We actually like doing that quite often anyway.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 2, 2012, 17:12 Sir Graves

MajorD wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 20:59:
Cold Stream "BETA" has been available to play for so long now, it just doesn't seem that news worthy (not directed at you Blue); however, I may be interested in playing it again to see how well it polished out.

Well, I guess it's still newsworthy simply because it's finally done and officially releasing (to me it's utterly laughable, though, that one user-created campaign took well over a year to test and finish!), but I know what you mean, my friends and I have played it already so much the past year that it hardly feels like "new" content anymore since it still plays and feels very similar to how it did the first time I tried it last year (and I'm still not that crazy about it, and much prefer Vavle-created content to user-created), so it doesn't feel like anything "new" at all anymore.

At this point, Valve, just bring on L4D3 already (or whatever they wind up calling it)!

News Comments > EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised
6. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 23:48 Sir Graves

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 20:04:
yeah but then again who gives a shit about a bunch of whiney little f-tards' account information anyway? not much payoff

Many would say the same about the majority of Blizzard games players. Same exact sentiments, my friend, just depends on which side of the fence you choose to sit on (and thus, think is the far cooler side). *yawn*

News Comments > EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised
3. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 17:29 Sir Graves

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 16:52:
Imagine if this was a Blizzard story - would already have 200+ posts....just sayin....

Eh (aside from the obvious fact that, duh, Blizzard owns the world so that's a given), it happened a couple of days ago at this point, so anyone who plays the game actively probably already knows all about it (old news is old) and discussed it in their official forums or any number of other gaming sites and blogs that carried the news yesterday or the night before. Additionally, it only affected accounts in "certain European regions", so it's not a game-wide thing. So yeah, meh.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August
16. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Jun 4, 2012, 19:05 Sir Graves

nin wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 14:17:
No bots, no sale.

Same. And, thankfully, there are bots.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2012, 16:38 Sir Graves

I just buy KFC chicken. Done.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:09 Sir Graves

I hate parties and get-togethers (too many awkward conversations and/or too much boring small talk) so it all sounds like a nightmare to me.  

170 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo