Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sir Graves

Real Name Sir Graves   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 28, 2004, 23:04
Total Comments 170 (Novice)
User ID 22616

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Announced
11. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Announced May 23, 2013, 16:33 Sir Graves

Don't know much about it yet, but I do know this: if it doesn't have a cockpit view, I have ZERO interest.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves May 16, 2013, 16:10 Sir Graves

Eh, it's been getting so much press lately because gamers (and the gaming press) just love the name. The actual gameplay looks rather lame, TBH.  

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews
10. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews May 13, 2013, 16:58 Sir Graves

Wait, this is a third-person shooter? Darn. I like first-person when it comes to shooters. So no thanks.  

News Comments > Road Redemption Funded
2. Re: Road Redemption Funded May 10, 2013, 15:48 Sir Graves

Meh, their current (tentative) release date is August of next year. Hard to be too excited right now. We won't actually play it for a loooong time.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 26, 2013, 16:11 Sir Graves

Eh, I gave up on this for now. Let me know when Rocket's done climbing mountains and running off to conventions and stuff every other week, and actually manages to get the standalone released. Sick of 20 minute-long clothing/inventory videos for DayZ at this point.  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
12. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 15:27 Sir Graves

Corpseyard or bust!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 15, 2013, 17:08 Sir Graves

Ha, those pimply-faced, basement-dwelling kids (which most of them actually are) are no heroes of mine, that's for sure. And, personally, I find people who worship them as "heroes" kind of sad. Are some people really that desperate for heroes these days?  

News Comments > TF2 Oculus Rift Details
14. Re: TF2 Oculus Rift Details Mar 19, 2013, 16:30 Sir Graves

Dang, TF2 Valve? Nah, Left 4 Dead 2 is what I'm really wanting to play on the Rift! That will be insane.

Also, Arma 3 and Minecraft.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 16:22 Sir Graves

Jivaro wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:41:
I know I am preaching to the choir....but damn I wish they would include bots for offline play
Totally with you on that! But I want to also be able to host my own private server and use them with friends, just to practice and mess around a bit whenever we feel like it (like we do with CS:GO and many other games). Some of the most fun I've ever had gaming, was back in the day, when we were playing BF:1942 and BF2, and I'd just throw in a bunch of bots and we'd go co-op against them or split up and VS each other with full bot teams.

To be honest, we've always had way more fun doing that, than playing on public servers with the typical idiots/griefers/hackers who tend to play there. We avoid that as much as we can. So we always need bots.

News Comments > Low Light Combat Released
2. Re: Low Light Combat Released Mar 12, 2013, 16:55 Sir Graves

Wish they'd give Desperate Gods some love. It needs (and deserves) more updating/expanding and support.  

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
19. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 16:10 Sir Graves

siapnar wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 09:44:
I gotta say, the graphics, animation and effects leave a lot to be desired.
Blind much?

News Comments > 3D Quake Editor
13. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 16:45 Sir Graves

Oh, man, I would have killed for this many, many years ago when I was still actually playing Quake and making levels for it! Oh well.  

News Comments > Arma III Steam Exclusive
11. Re: Arma III Steam Exclusive Feb 21, 2013, 17:34 Sir Graves

Boy, would an initial release date be nice. Even a rough guesstimate.

Are we, like, only a matter of a few weeks or month or so away, or will we still be waiting come May or June or beyond? Just cannot wait to play this and the curiosity's killing me and my gaming buds!

News Comments > DayZ Mod on Steam
17. Re: DayZ Mod on Steam Feb 21, 2013, 17:25 Sir Graves

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 15:05:
I actually thought for a second that the SA had surprise-released last night, when I saw this. Very strange for a new addition to Steam to show up around 3am PST.
I agree, it is kind of strange, especially with the standalone being (presumably) relatively close to release...I hope.
Anywho, people are guesstimating that the DayZ Standalone will be released within the next 4-5 weeks. Apparently Rocket is going on a trip to climb Mount Everest then, and has made statements about wanting to get the initial alpha release out beforehand.
Yeah, that's usually been his MO with the mod the past year; make a huge update and then immediately run off somewhere and disappear for a while (which was, frankly, a bit frustrating at times with mod last summer). So that's probably the plan here, too.

News Comments > DayZ Mod on Steam
16. Re: DayZ Mod on Steam Feb 21, 2013, 17:18 Sir Graves

Played the mod a bunch last summer/fall and LOVE it(!), but my friends and I stopped (mainly due to the hacking, bugs and idiot players, but also due to the constant hassle of updating both the mod itself and Arma II beta every time we played) and are anxiously awaiting the standalone, which we hope will address all these issues in various and sundry ways.  

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2013, 16:42 Sir Graves

Oculus Rift looks cool.  

News Comments > War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned
3. Re: War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned Feb 1, 2013, 17:43 Sir Graves

I'll be totally interested in trying it when/if they ever add a first-person view option. Until then, I won't even try it when it's free. I personally think that them locking it to a third-person ONLY perspective (and not even giving you an option to go first), is part of what's hurting the game and keeping it from truly catching on. Third-person just isn't all that epic and exciting for a combat game like this--especially one that at least tries to be somewhat historically accurate. Too arcade-y.

That's the main reason I, too (like many others), chose Chivalry over WotR. Chivalry's combat is just soooo intense and visceral! Play it in third-person, however, and it loses much of that intensity. Should be a lesson to Paradox.

News Comments > Storm Brewing at Starbreeze
6. Re: Storm Brewing at Starbreeze Jan 21, 2013, 14:42 Sir Graves

Cool stuff. Co-op is awesome when done right (especially if you have a regular gaming group you play with) and I'm so glad it's had a resurgence in recent years!  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Diary
7. Re: Rise of the Triad Diary Dec 23, 2012, 05:01 Sir Graves

Alright, less about the devs (and their haircuts) and more about the actual game, please. We get it, you have a cool virtual team. Awesome. Now show me actual gameplay already, and give me release dates and stuff like that.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Delayed
11. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 17:04 Sir Graves

Well that's a major downer, man. But then, I was totally expecting it. Oh well. Stinks.  

170 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo