Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Derick

Real Name Derick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MysterD
Email themysterd@aol.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 17, 2004, 16:52
Total Comments 36 (Suspect)
User ID 22569

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Sacred 3 in August
4. Re: Sacred 3 in August Mar 19, 2014, 23:31 MysterD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 21:42:
Hrm... couldn't really see a ton of gameplay in that video, but the game is going to have to be pretty badass to make a dent in the Diablo 3 / PoE / Grim Dawn world.

Sacred 1 = not bad.
Sacred 2 = terrible DRM, had to skip it.
Sacred 3 = simultaneous release on consoles? Uh oh.

Sacred 2: Gold got its Securom DRM removed in the version on Gamersgate - it's now DRM-FREE there:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S2GE/sacred-2-gold-edition

Also, Steam-version of S2: Gold only uses Steam, nowadays:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/846941710563752357/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jul 1, 2012, 01:22 MysterD

nin wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 00:59:
Guess I need to finally break down and try this out. I trust it works fine with the steam version?

Look here for more info on Steam's V:TM-BL Forum here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2025035

Yes, you should be able to get Wesp's or Tess's unofficial patches going w/ Steam version.

I recommend after you download Vampire: Bloodlines from Steam (patched up to Official Patch 1.2), you "archive" the entire game or back-up that game folder in its clean state somewhere else - in case you need to start back from scratch here to mod it up however you like.

Anytime you mod a Steam game, you probably should do this - especially on BIG-sized games. This is just in case 2 things could happen.
1. Something goes wrong w/ your game somehow from trying to mod it
2. Or Steam releases a new official patch that breaks your already modded-game - probably won't happen w/ Bloodlines b/c the game's old and Troika's gone (RIP), but I think this has been a problem w/ many who've modded Dead Island and Skyrim - and why I've never had problems w/ Dead Island and Skyrim (b/c I never modded them!).

This way, you don't have to re-download the entire thing to get back to a clean state, if you need to reinstall it to get back to a clean state.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2012, 01:30.

News Comments > Obsidian Considering a Kickstart
6. Re: Obsidian Considering a Kickstart Feb 13, 2012, 21:01 MysterD

wtf_man wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 20:31:
What do they have besides Alpha Protocol that is their own IP?

Although I wouldn't mind an Alpha Protocol sequel... I'd love to see them do a Vampire Masquerade RPG... especially if they picked up some ex-trokia devs along the way.

About Troika - Tim Cain is now w/ Obsidian.
About AP - Sega owns Alpha Protocol IP, currently.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2012, 21:15.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads
24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 20, 2011, 13:56 MysterD

wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 12:30:
Just bought it on Steam and it's already pre-loading... so I'm good to go.

I hope this is as good as everyone says... this is the first "Day One" (or Pre-purchase in this case) that I've done since Oblivion.

I very rarely do Pre-Orders or Day One purchases any more, as well.
Last pre-order for a day 1 release I did was Witcher 2 from GOG.
Before that, Witcher 1.

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 20, 2011, 13:52 MysterD

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:50:
Krovven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:43:
Dues Ex, even with the leak, didn't strike me as a "must play at launch". Partly due to being single player only, Dead Island is coop, and more people will be playing at launch.

Funny how people are different. The fact it is singleplayer only makes me MORE likely to want it.

Same here, Sting.

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Steam Preloads Aug 20, 2011, 13:52 MysterD

Techie714 wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 13:03:
Does this use Steam DRM? Just wondering in case I wanted to re-sell it later?

Also if I purchase it on Green Man Gaming do I have to install more software or just activate the key in Steam? Thank you!

Steam IS DRM. It ties the game to your Steam account.
NO RESALES allowed on Steam games.
If you buy from GMG, you take the game-key you get in your e-mail and plug that into your Steam account.
Deus Ex: HR PC requires Steam.
No matter where you buy the game key, you're gonna have to plug the key into your Steam account.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
49. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:11 MysterD

Eyefinity Support shown off from ComicCon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teldcBqztOE&feature=youtu.be

48. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:02 MysterD

Dev wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:54:
I couldn't pass up a chance to order this at GMG a couple weeks ago for under $30, given the super positive buzz I've heard about the leak, and they send a steam key.

I had to jump on it when I saw it was a little under $30 from GMG, as well.

Of course it'll be a Steam key - the game requires it period. :oP

40. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:00 MysterD

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 12:39:
I just pre-purchased this on Steam yesterday. The way I figure it I love cyberpunk so much that even if this sucks somehow I will still enjoy it immensely, just for being a cyberpunk shooter with RPG elements. If it actually ends up being a Deus Ex game, well, that's even better.

I enjoyed Invisible War for the same reason.

I wish Invisible War ditched that foolish unified ammo.
Anyone ever make a mod to fix that?

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
44. Re: On Risen 2 DRM Jul 26, 2011, 20:18 MysterD

As far as I know my Risen copy on disc has no DRM what-so-ever.

AFAIK, Risen retail has Tages disc-check.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2011, 20:41.

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
40. Re: On Risen 2 DRM Jul 26, 2011, 19:43 MysterD

So, since Risen 2 has Steamworks...

Will Risen 1 Steam version have the unnecessary additional Tages DRM removed? :oP

News Comments > Avalanche on Piracy, DRM, and Ports
35. Re: Avalanche on Piracy, DRM, and Ports Mar 27, 2011, 08:54 MysterD

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 27, 2011, 03:43:
The point he and I were making is that you can't get a better version of Crysis 2 on consoles, the PC versions is by far the best one (and more because of framerate than graphics from what I hear). Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 being retarded sequels is not the point, the point is there is no better way to play them than on PC.

PC gaming gets:

1) Some exclusives
2) Massive and growing indie scene
3) MMOs
4) Mods, total conversions and enhanced classics
5) The best versions of every multiplatform game

That's a hard thing to argue against when evaluating gaming platforms. If a game sucks in your opinion then hey, it sucks, but that doesn't have anything to do with the PC being deficient. If you want to play Crysis 2 or Dragon Age 2 there is a clear best way to do so, and that's on PC. This will only be more and more the case as the 5+ year old consoles continue on without new hardware. When you say "ports need to die" that just means me having to play worse versions of pretty much every game, because they would all come out on the Xbox 360.
I agree w/ you 100%, Stinging. I'd rather have them PC-ports on my PC platform than not at all. At least the option is there for me to buy it on the PC, even if I don't buy it right away.

I wish more and more game-companies would give us some of the old PC features we're accustomed to here, though - i.e. SDK's; lots of configuration settings for controls; lots of configuration settings for graphics options; dedicated-servers; etc etc.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2011, 09:00.

News Comments > PC Fable III?
19. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 18:54 MysterD

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 15:17:
It's like the Saints Row 2 of adventure RPG games.

SR 2 is so great.

I had a good time w/ Saints Row 2 PC.

18. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 18:52 MysterD

Jackplug wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 18:46:
of all the games to pick to allow pc and 360 to play together, talk about fucking boring.

Why couldnt Dice and mix platforms for Battlefield bad company 2 or even better BF3, but Fable?!?! yawn..
I don't think BC2 on the PC supports G4WL.

17. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 18:51 MysterD

Long ago, Microsoft did announced Natal for Windows:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49062/Bill-Gates-Decrees-That-PC-Shall-Also-Receive-Project-Natal

So, I think if Fable 3 comes to PC, we'll probably see it support Natal on the PC, as well.

I bet Fable 3 on the consoles does support a gamepad - namely, the 360 gamepad probably, since that is the 360's main gamepad - I cannot see why the PC version would not support that, as well.

14. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 16:58 MysterD

I thought that one of the best selling points of G4WL was for designers to bring X-Play for PC and Console versions of games - I thought after Shadowrun and Lost Planet: Colonies Edition, we'd see more of that. It'd be great for Fable 3 to be on X-360 and PC - and have both be able to play together.

Though, I'd really still love to see Fable 2 come to the PC, as well. I'd buy it most definitely. I really enjoyed Fable: TLC PC - buying it the day it was released here - and would love to see more of Microsoft-published games on the PC.

While we're at it - Fable 2 and Gears 2 I would also welcome on the PC. I think Microsoft should look closely at Steam's business model, fix up G4WL, and follow suit. I think the Batman: AA PC sale from G4WL last week was great.

News Comments > Gearbox TMs Borderworlds, Borderlands Patch Nears
1. Re: Gearbox TMs Borderworlds, Borderlands Patch Nears Dec 3, 2009, 23:44 MysterD

Sweet @ PC DLC coming and PC patch.

Can't wait for more details on Borderworlds.

News Comments > Borderlands Net Fixes Planned
13. Re: Borderlands Interview Nov 23, 2009, 16:47 MysterD

It stinks that there were GameSpy issues w/ Borderlands' MP on the PC. I do hope they get them fixed and pop that patch out ASAP - even if that's the ONLY fix in the next patch.

But honestly, GameRanger has pretty much done a great job at unofficially supporting the MP for those who had trouble w/ GameSpy. I didn't have to change ONE thing and GameRanger has been great. Plus, seems like most of the Borderlands PC players are on there - as usually, 300 servers of BL are going AT LEAST a day.

So, thanks, GameRanger.

News Comments > On Borderlands DLC
3. Re: On Borderlands DLC Nov 13, 2009, 20:22 MysterD

I'd be one of them Borderlands PC addicts!

I'm glad Patch #1 is done by Gearbox and that 2K is looking it over for "Certification."

Let's hope the patch fixes stuff, doesn't break anything, and all goes well and it gets approved.

Link:
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=1668469#post1668469

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Nov 10, 2009, 16:42 MysterD

I'm glad to hear TLAD is making its way to the PC version of GTA4. Better late than never, if you ask me.

I hope TBOGT (The Ballad of Gay Tony) follows suit, as well - whenever that might be.

I wonder if sometime down the road, we might see on the PC a GTA4: Gold Edition on disc that'll ship with all the content for GTA4, The Lost and Damned, and Ballad of Gay Tony on disc.

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo