Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6668 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2013, 09:18 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 09:15:
Jumped in wrong thread - I was talking about gamestop...i don't want to give th em my money....
Well what I said applies to both. I used ctrl f on both the gamestop page and that dlgamer page. They both say steam on it, and as I mentioned, pretty sure skyrim is a steamworks game, so regardless of where you buy it its going to be steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2013, 09:17 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 09:05:
The following titles are not available in Germany due to some sort of Anti-Zombie Legislation going on there (sorry guys)
You are quoting from GMG there, but I think its not a specific anti zombie thing, I think its a general anti violence/anti blood issue.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2013, 09:13 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 23:33:
DLGamer is selling Skyrim for $20 and the DLC for 50% off: http://www.dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim-pc_games-p-12549.html

The store seems legit, as it's listed on Isthereanydeal.com. I think they're located in France (they use a French bank) so you probably won't get your keys until tomorrow if you order now.
It appears to be ok. No obvious signs of the grey market russian cd key type thing. The prices for other stuff don't seem crazy discounted (I'm guessing the skyrim discount is an indication we'll soon see a steam or amazon sale on it), and they give an address and sell physical copies of some stuff.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 09:11:
Dev wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 09:10:
Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 06:48:
Any idea if that's a Steam key. Couldn't see anything in the description about it.
Which? The skyrim stuff? It says STEAM in it if you do a ctrl F. Also I think its a steamworks game if I recall right.

Was going to ask same thing, doesn't say anything in the cart or anything....just says "you will receive no physical media"......then that brings up the point...once it is on my drive...isn't it in physical media form?

Anyway....anyone know if they just email you a key? I HATE to give them business, but 9.99 for Dragonborn is pretty swank.
You could always get it from gamestop for that price

Anyway says right there near the top of the page:

Activation Key must be used on a valid Steam account.
NOTICE: Requires the base game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim in order to play. Activation key must be used on a valid Steam account, requires internet connection.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Apr 16, 2013, 09:10 Dev

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 06:48:
Any idea if that's a Steam key. Couldn't see anything in the description about it.
Which? The skyrim stuff? It says STEAM in it if you do a ctrl F. Also I think its a steamworks game if I recall right.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 15, 2013, 23:16 Dev

Atari, Hasbro, Wizards of the Coast, BioWare, EA

I'm surprised they didn't mention interplay when talking about licensing. I'm also surprised that WotC agreed to even a remake.

re: their Beamdog distribution platform

The direct-sales option and a preorder program allowed us to receive payment many months in advance of a typical royalty-advance deal, which was a great benefit for a small, self-funded developer.

Protip: desura has offered this for a long time, and now steam does too.

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
53. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 22:02 Dev

Whoever is running the place over there are idiots. Skyrim is STILL top 10 on steam lists and has been since its release (aside from a few weeks when it drops off and comes right back).

3 DLC for this, compared to like 10 for oblivion? Yes these may be larger ones, but it doesn't matter. Theres still tons of money to be made doing DLC for the game.

On a personal note though, thats awesome. Since it means GotY is just around the corner, probably followed by price drops.

Edit: Even given timing of next gen consoles, they could still pull people off of other things, or hire some modders temporarily just for DLC. Heck, modder done DLC would probably be better than what they've done so far.

Ratty wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 16:53:
I'm bummed all we're getting is two mediocre DLCs though. Maybe they'll license out some DLCs to a third party. I mean, why wouldn't they?
Probably for similar reasons why valve isn't hiring out HL3.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2013, 22:12.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 15, 2013, 21:56 Dev

Prez wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 21:48:
Of the Skyrim DLC, Dragonborn was the good one, right?
http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/skyrim/results

Thats what that says. 50 or 60 ish scores for the others, 80 ish scores for that one.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 15, 2013, 21:55 Dev

ZOMG, Simcity for a mere $40 ?!
What a steal...

of your time.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
109. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 15, 2013, 21:52 Dev

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 09:28:
In the case of not being DRM-free enough, I doubt it would pass as being found material by most courts. It comes back down to whether the software is in any way less usable. I do not think a court would find there was any kind of damages here. You have your game, you can play your game, and financially you have lost no money. Sure, you paid for a DRM-free game, but what you really paid for was the game. You wanted the game. It being DRM-free just made it better to you. But it isn't as if the game is objectively worth less because it has DRM.
AND you got a DRM free game. They are still giving out a DRM free game to backers, complete with the berlin dlc/expansion.

News Comments > A Small Favor Kickstarter
1. Re: A Small Favor Kickstarter Apr 15, 2013, 21:49 Dev

I've played the flash game versions and enjoyed them.

For $6 (the early bird price) I'm in.

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
26. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 15, 2013, 08:57 Dev

Narf2029 wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 02:45:
I want this to be good, but the updates on the website are so infrequent it's hard to believe it will ever get done.
As I said, for $12 I'm willing to risk it. Anyone else who wants to can get in on the 4 pack with Verno.

News Comments > SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall
50. Re: SQUARE ENIX on Tomb Raider Shortfall Apr 14, 2013, 22:22 Dev

Protip:
If all your games are falling short of projections, maybe you want to adjust those projections. Either you and your games suck (in which case your projections are too high anyway), or your projections are just too high.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 14, 2013, 22:13 Dev

Beelzebud wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 14:03:
Project Unity seems like an awful lot of effort to get the same results as a modded Xbox 1 with emulators on it.
Some people want actual hardware. Usually the same kinda ppl that go and find an old CRT for a MAME cabinet instead of using a flat panel LCD. There's a variety of reasons people want the original hardware, one of them could be legitness.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 22:02 Dev

rist3903 wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 17:10:
I commend you for sticking to your guns and not playing a very good game until it is completely dated.

Bravo, sir!

Skyrim was dated before it even came out. Still using the same clunky old dx9 engine (they said they were going to do a new one but turned out to be the same old one with a few tweaks). Thats due to being designed primarily for obsolete consoles.

I'm not going to get skyrim for its datedness or lack thereof. I'm getting it to have fun playing it.

Similarly when I go back and replay HL1 on occasion its not because of its modern graphics. When I get in on kickstarter games like wasteland 2, its not because of its eye popping graphics.

22. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 21:56 Dev

NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 19:47:
Yeah, the lead dev on this was just an artist on Terraria, and not a decision maker. The guys behind Terraria are not involved on this.

For $12 (I got in on the 4 pack, verno probably still has a spot or two open), I'm willing to take a chance on these guys.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 15:45 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 15:39:
Skyrim sounds great, from reviews online, face to face anecdotes about the game friends and coworkers tell me, etc. None of that matters, however. It is the principle now. Discounted GotY version and/or $9.99 or under version.

The few who are left will prevail!
$10 GOTY aint gonna happen for at least another year or two. They've only just begun to do the DLC

And from a business sense, why the frack would they discount it that much if its still in top 10?

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
89. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 14, 2013, 15:10 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 11:02:
To me I think we are also going to have some other promises broken in the lines of Apple and Linux versions.
Unlikely, since unity can port to both of those.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2013, 14:57 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 14:43:
Mind boggling. Who doesn't have Skyrim by now, that ISN'T waiting for the 9.99 version, or the GotY version?

Stop giving in, people. Tough it out, wait for the major price drop.
Me! I haven't given in yet!
I really want it though. The price has dropped, its not $60 anymore. MUST RESIST

10. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 14:38 Dev

Once you get the humble bundle gift link (if you join in the 4 pack) you click it, then give humble bundle an email, they send you your package link.

At the moment that package/download link just contains the soundtrack for download. The humble bundle page also has at the top, something that looks like a CD key, which is a link to the starbound webpage. Click that and the starbound folks register your email to send your steam key to when its released.

Very nicely done and this means I won't have to bug Verno in the future to send me stuff like the steam key, its all done automatically with no further inconvenience to him

7. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 14:19 Dev

4 pack gets the price down to under $12.

I'm in if someone is doing a 4 pack.

They will give out steam keys when it hits beta

Edit: I got into a 4 pack. Thanks!

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2013, 14:30.

6668 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo