Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6686 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Browser Games from Notch and Broussard
7. Re: Browser Games from Notch and Broussard Apr 29, 2013, 22:22 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 11:44:
I just realized blue edited the news heh.. but I want to mention that I have no idea whether that was even the right number.. I probably fucked up the math on that ;p
14 years * 365 days * 24 hours = 122k hours (someone can do the exact math if they care about rounding or leap years). Thats about 2,500 times the development time. 2500 is 250000%.

So not that far off
Hyatus wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 12:57:
It's a little closer to 11 years, but close enough.
Try again.
2011 (game release) - 1997 (game announcement) = 14 years. Even if you count only the time at 3dr its 2009-1997 = 12 years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anomaly 2 Next Month; Two-for-One Preorders
1. Re: Anomaly 2 Next Month; Two-for-One Preorders Apr 29, 2013, 22:05 Dev

Anomaly 2 10% off (20% if you bought the first one) plus free copy, on steam (about $12):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236730

Cheaper but doesn't have the "gaming gift" whatever that is. Not sure what they could give away, maybe anom 1?

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Apr 29, 2013, 22:02 Dev

Anomaly 2 10% off (20% if you bought the first one) plus free copy, on steam (about $12):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/236730

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Apr 28, 2013, 12:08 Dev

nin wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 21:41:
Kedyn wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 19:13:
Damn, snoozed and lost. Tomb Raider is sold out on GMG.

Keep checking back:

Green Man Gaming &#8207;@GreenManGaming 26 Apr

We will have the Tomb Raider 50% deal back as soon as possible Thanks for your patience folks. -James

GMG frequently runs out of keys and has to get more (publishers don't anticipate the number of sales they can generate, and gives them what they consider an adequate block, and generally its not). Since the sales are often near the weekend, sometimes it takes a bit to track down people and get another block of keys.

I don't know for sure that's what happened here, but that would be my guess.

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
22. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 28, 2013, 11:45 Dev

KS a mmo with monthly subscription fee? No thanks.

The KS page also mentions that its using trademarked terms like RVR. Are they paying EA licensing fees for stuff like that and the camelot IP?

News Comments > Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service
11. Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service Apr 27, 2013, 00:03 Dev

maximus0402 wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 08:42:
I am sorry, but there is no MMO game worth a monthly subscription no matter how many times you defend it or justify why your paying it. I have played a ton of subscription only and free to play and ones that went from subscription to free to play. I don't see any extra effort for content and interesting things in the subscription only ones vs the free to play or ones that get converted to free to play. Although the MMO companies claim how different their's is, it all ends up being the same old grind in the end disguised by the "newness" of the game when you first get it. But that wears off after 6 months or so.

Now, here comes Elder Scrolls online soon which I absolutely love that single player series so the MMO version intrigues me, but somehow I have a feeling that its just going to be like any other mmo except its in Tamriel now instead of other mmo's worlds/lore.
I'm not defending it, and I don't pay for one. I haven't paid a monthly subscription since like... anarchy online I think? And that was for a fairly short time.

I'm pointing out there's a chunk of people who ARE willing to pay subscriptions.

And if it was a good enough F2P game that actually did deliver on additional content promises, I might be willing to give it a go. In other words, I'd expect $60 worth of content, but I'd pay $15, play it a month, and likely cancel and move on to another game, having gotten a bargain.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Apr 26, 2013, 22:27 Dev

nin wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 21:58:
So the Lunar bundle is all episodes of BTTF, right? Not just the first one? If so, heck of a deal.
Thats the way that "Back to the Future: The Game" is described on steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/31290
If it was an individual episode, I'd expect it would have that episode name.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Announced
31. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 26, 2013, 22:03 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 03:25:
Too much MP focus always destroys the SP gameplay. If you are being particularly evil, look at SOTS2, a game so completely and utterly ruined by MP support it is still completely fucking broken even today. And not just in terms of bugs, but in terms of general gameplay design and core functionality of the engine.

Now I will freely admit that what you mention wasn't even my intention to say, of course in case of DG more or less MP is not going to change the basic gameplay, it is still a "ok" tower defense game among a see of mediocre tower defense games.

But too strong MP focus can ruin a game's SP. Heck, look at Blizzard... they are the epitome of how MP destroys the SP of a game.
I totally agree that MP focus can screw over SP gameplay and make a game suck. And that MP in that sucky ends up often not being played past the first month.

I'm just taking exception to you saying THIS PARTICULAR GAME adding MP will do it. I gave my specific reasons why it won't.

Also, as a side note, I'm a mostly SP person, and am unlikely to play MP in this game, and never asked for it. I just don't think it will change much, for THIS game (and my earlier post specifically said THIS).

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Apr 26, 2013, 21:47 Dev

wow $20 for tomb raider already?

Oh wait, I forgot that it failed to meet all expectations while selling millions of copies.

Anyway, I'm in.

Edit: and ZOMG thats a lot of DLC
Edit 2: So much pay 2 win for SP. Stuff like a sniper reticule, burst mode for pistol, silencer for pistol, less fall damage, etc

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2013, 21:54.

11. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 26, 2013, 01:03 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 00:51:
Redmask wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 22:21:
Saboth wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 20:26:
Please don't ruin yet another awesome game by putting too much emphasis on multiplayer.

Multiplayer was one of the most requested features from the DG community though, it only makes sense to incorporate it.

Heh.. online forums and topics about "please put MP in" are usually frequented by people who play MP games and want that in... so that's like saying the Fire fan squad was all for more FIRE. Looking at the stats it shows time and time again, most people do NOT play MP.
If they add ability for custom levels, it won't much matter. There will be plenty of SP content to play, with new stuff constantly added. Although DG1 has a "campaign" its not really all that campaignish. Just a bit of a story slapped on individual levels. Fan created levels would get most of that done, except for a thin story bit slapped on (and who knows, maybe they will let ppl mod that too)

This is NOT something where a MP focus would destroy the SP gameplay.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2013, 01:08.

9. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 26, 2013, 00:08 Dev

$2.50 sale on DF1 this weekend! If you have even a remote interest in the genre, pick it up, its quite fun.

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 20:48:
Don't forget, backers of the DEFENSE GRID 2 Kickstarter are still getting that game, just a little later than they hoped to be able to deliver.
Yep, and I'm one of them! So really in the end, I'm getting MORE. Both the "expansion" and DG2.

News Comments > EA Partners to Close?
29. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 23:13 Dev

Prez wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 22:05:
You can't hate one company for being monopolistic, while praising or being ok with Valve doing the same thing pretty much.

If you really think people only hate on EA because they are being 'monopolistic' then you have your head in the clouds... or up somewhere a little closer and smellier.

Your continued attempts to draw parallels between how Steam and EA do business and treat their customers when in truth there is no comparison at all serves to prove you are either an EA Fanboy or a Valve hater - and in either case, easily ignored.
The easiest and most recent example (and not even the biggest crapfest they've been involved in), would be simcity. Not just the initial problems, but the totally incompetent way they handled dealing with it.

If you look at my comments on threads about that fiasco, I was initially willing to give EA (yes even EA) some benefit of the doubt. But noooo. Everytime I thought they couldn't get any stupider or screw it up more, they went and did something even worse.

News Comments > Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service
8. Re: Darkfall Unholy Wars Launches Using New Steam Subscription Service Apr 25, 2013, 23:01 Dev

Panickd wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 18:47:
Hmmm... way to catch up with the 2000's there Valve. Haven't you heard? Subscription gaming is dead. We're all on the F2P/P2W model now.
And yet blizzard continues to make a killing on it, and games like Eve (where they didn't make the game only be profitable with millions of subscribers like the star was one) that are properly scaled and designed for a reasonable amount of subs are still making good money.

And if someone ever does a F2P with subscribe option, I'd be much more willing to throw down $10 for a month to try a game, than $60 plus $15 a month.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock - Master Quest
11. Re: Legend of Grimrock - Master Quest Apr 25, 2013, 22:56 Dev

Saboth wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 21:24:
I enjoyed the game, but honestly, the puzzles in dungeon crawlers are my least favorite aspect. Looking for a discolored rock for an hour after inching through an entire level, or memorizing teleport patterns blows. How about letting me buy pet that is good at figuring out puzzles, and I just tell him to do it?
Make the mod with that pet?

News Comments > Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes
5. Re: Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes Apr 25, 2013, 22:33 Dev

I think I added this to my wishlist, wouldn't have minded picking it up once it hit a sale.

Frijoles wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 22:12:
I was going to back this on Kickstarter, but there was no Amazon payment option. Kinda sad to see it vanish.
If it was one of the UK projects KS has started allowing, it goes through a different funding setup.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 23, 2013, 21:00 Dev

a) Surely EA is so trustworthy and competent they would NEVAR take a chance with your private stuff and they'd NEVAR get leaked/hacked.

b) Its pretty likely that sims players would re-use the stuff on multiple places, especially sims related places, so it might as well be the official site.

c) Protip, don't reuse your logins. Puts you at the mercy of the weakest link.

News Comments > New Lionhead Head
8. Re: New Lionhead Head Apr 23, 2013, 20:54 Dev

Yeah, but is MS rededicating themselves to PC again this year?

Creston wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 11:36:
Heh, yeah. I didn't even realize Lionhead was still around. What was the last thing they made?

Creston
Oh come on, you know better than that.

Fable

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter Apr 23, 2013, 20:52 Dev

I'm not familiar with their games:
http://www.fullcontrol.dk/games.html

They also don't have a wiki page that I can find.

I think I'll wait and see how the campaign goes in the next few weeks.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 21, 2013, 15:13 Dev

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2013, 14:47:
So. Steam's Top 10 list. We meet again. You seem to have forgotten Skyrim, this time. Slowly, my plan comes to fruition!

Yep, only 20 more months until xmas 2014 sale...you showed them!

Maybe that's why they announced end of DLC, because it fell off top 10
j/k

News Comments > Curiosity Adds Adding
1. Re: Curiosity Adds Adding Apr 21, 2013, 15:09 Dev

0.69 will add 10,000 cublets. 4.99 adds 100,000 and 7.49 adds 500,000.

You can also remove the same numbers of cublets for the same amounts, creating what Molyneux hopes will become a "war of attrition".
[...]
So far, users have paid to remove 13,780,000 cublets and add another 4,680,000, for a total difference of -9.1 million cublets on the next layer.

The experiment is now 164 days old. During that time, 260 layers have been hammered off.

The new features will be deactivated two layers before the end of the cube.

I thought no one was supposed to know the size until the end? Ending those features 2 layers before means ppl will get a big clue as to when it will end.

Anyway, this is no "experiment" its trying to get piles of money for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And apparently its working.

Although if you calculate the total paid to add/remove, at the 500k price its a hilarious about 300 british pounds. They also have at least 3 million suckers I mean people who've downloaded the app and tried it.
I'm fairly sure thats a horrible conversion rate, which hopefully means most people who tried this have a tiny clue

(note, this is just guesses, and if there's other paid options, I'm not counting them, only going by what I've pasted above)

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2013, 15:15.

6686 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo