Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6704 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow
16. Re: Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow May 15, 2013, 08:59 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2013, 07:21:
Hope there is a way to kick up your tier - I have the 32.00 one and would be interested in a higher tier.
As I just mentioned
Dev wrote on May 14, 2013, 23:04:
They also mention that they are still trying to work out a way for people to upgrade pledges

Specifically they mention on the forum link I gave:

Upgrades: Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to provide upgrades. It seems foolish that it is this complicated but the limitations of how we / Humble Store can process transactions online make it difficult to set up an automated process and due to our small size, we don't have the customer support staff to do it manually.

Humble Store is working on a solution to this and say they should be able to get something working in the next week or two.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 15, 2013, 00:21 Dev

from a SD post

GameFly.com has Battlefield 3: Premium Service w/ Complete DLC (PC Digital Download) on sale for $9.99. Thanks mtommy79

Note, requires Battlefield 3 base game.

Includes
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
Battlefield 3: Aftermath
Battlefield 3: End Game

BF3 Premium will give you access to BF4 Beta

Amazon digital gaming will offer the base game for $9.99 this Thursday 5/16

If it wasn't origin, I'd jump on it.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow
7. Re: Grim Dawn Alpha Tomorrow May 14, 2013, 23:04 Dev

Rhialto wrote on May 14, 2013, 19:52:
I think this

While they emphasize that they still plan on providing a DRM version of the final game as promised

should read as

While they emphasize that they still plan on providing a DRM free version of the final game as promised

no?
Correct.

Full details here on the official post on the official forum:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7158
The KS updates have info too
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn/posts

This bears repeating:

To be absolutely clear: there will still be a DRM-free, Steam-free final release for those who desire it, as we promised.

They also mention that they are still trying to work out a way for people to upgrade pledges (remember only $50+ pledges have alpha access, mostly $35+ have beta). See this chart for who has alpha/beta:
http://www.grimdawn.com/images/kickstarterchart.jpg

I ended up doing a thing during the KS where I got the $78 double pack, which was two $50 levels for the equiv of $39 each, so I do have access to all that.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 14, 2013, 08:50 Dev

Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2013, 01:04:
Square is wasting opportunities for compelling DLC. Why is there no tomb DLC for Tomb Raider? Why are there no level-based DLC for Hitman? Both games were criticized for missing levels similar to the ones in the previous games, so why not remedy that through DLC? Instead, they offer multiplayer levels and worthless cosmetic DLC.
Probably because it takes much more effort and doesn't get them much more money.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2013, 22:17 Dev

DangerDog wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:15:
If you use http://startisback.com/ you can turn windows 8 into a proper desktop operating system, it not only brings back the start menu but can turn off all the metro bullshit like charms etc. There are enough improvements to the desktop space to warrant using it, just not quite enough to be worth upgrading from 7. But for a new system build I would go with 8 and then turn off all the metro crap.
And it costs money. Money for stuff that MS could have implemented as free options, but refused to do so because they wanted to force people into changing so they could grab metro app market share.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
4. Re: Take-Two Financials May 13, 2013, 22:10 Dev

Brumbek wrote on May 13, 2013, 21:35:
Wow, Red Dead Redemption a top contributor even now almost exactly 3 years from release. I admit I bought a Playstation 3 last December to play Red Dead (and a few other titles like Ni no Kuni). Red Dead has some of the greatest acting, writing, and voice work ever, IMO.
And, if Rockstar would ever bother to put it on PC (the platform they got their start on), they'd make millions more bucks, including the ones I'd throw at them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2013, 14:18 Dev

Overon wrote on May 12, 2013, 14:08:
Preorder Metro and you get ranger mode? Really so no ranger mode for anyone who does not preorder? You got to be shitting me.
Probably avail as a DLC later.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2013, 14:03 Dev

Panickd wrote on May 12, 2013, 10:06:
If you get a code for a new game from buying a new videocard or something like that does Valve count that as a Steam "sale" for the purposes of their top ten?
This is when you check valve's definition of the top ten.

http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml
The top selling games on Steam by revenue for the week, updated every Sunday

It says ON STEAM, so presumably that means only direct on steam sales.

News Comments > Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights
4. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 13:53 Dev

If they wanted them, they should have bid more on them lol.
This is only for the console distribution of the current games, so I don't much care.

Also, by publicly saying they are emotionally attached and want the rights, they probably just doubled whatever the selling price would have been.

News Comments > Incredible Machine-inspired Contraption Maker Announced
7. Re: Incredible Machine-inspired Contraption Maker Announced May 12, 2013, 04:40 Dev

There's also a series of games thats been out for a while called Crazy Machines thats similar to TIM.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
36. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 10, 2013, 02:07 Dev

Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 14:04:
nin wrote on May 9, 2013, 08:50:
Wallshadows wrote on May 8, 2013, 23:06:
Devil's advocate but the game is nearly 10 years old, of course it'll start to dip in subscription numbers.

Yep. Any other mmo would kill for 8 million. Hell, they're excited if they get 1 million.

*sees TOR sitting in the corner looking dejected, with Bioware and EA both softly crying.*

Creston
Any other SANE company.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 9, 2013, 22:51 Dev

50% off skyrim's already reduced MSRP means its only $15. Ok I think its time to byte.

Edit:
Due to high demand we are currently out of serial keys for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
You may proceed with your order but it may take up to a few days before you recieve your serial key.

heheheh. The power of skyrim marches on.

Since the DLC isn't included in this particular sale, I won't be playing it right away anyway, so no biggie.

Edit moar: dishonored is also out of keys, but they will send them. GG is a legit company.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2013, 00:12.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 21:23 Dev

8m (current) to 12m (peak) is 50%. Thats not insignificant.  

News Comments > EA Financials
13. Re: EA Financials May 8, 2013, 08:56 Dev

Fletch wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:52:
Dev wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:31:
We know the simcity sales now. 1.6 million. Pretty big seller for a PC game. Not huge, but big.
I wonder how much better sales would have been without the crappy launch and some (immho) pretty awful design decisions (for what has always been a single-player PC game).

Probably significantly better. I know I would have bought a copy if the pre-launch info wasn't so terrible.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale May 8, 2013, 08:53 Dev

Cyanotetyphas wrote on May 8, 2013, 02:23:
Its not $8 for Brutal legend it's $2 a game for 4 games.

Granted everyone already has Psychonauts if you watch these bundles.
For me (and likely him) we already own the other games. So its $8 for brutal legend for us

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 7, 2013, 22:32 Dev

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2013, 21:16:
Double Fine Bundle is a way to get Brütal Legend on the cheap.

I dunno if $8 is cheap

News Comments > EA Financials
5. Re: EA Financials May 7, 2013, 22:31 Dev

We know the simcity sales now. 1.6 million. Pretty big seller for a PC game. Not huge, but big.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
5. Re: Evening Patches May 6, 2013, 21:50 Dev

- Added rate-limiting of Steam game downloads, via Settings -> Downloads

Only took them what, 10 years?

15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 17:28 Dev

nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:30:
FloorPie wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:18:
That star wars deal looked good until they raised the price friday or saturday. It was $35 or so. Now its up to $50 and the games I'd actually want in the group would be $20 or so cheaper to buy seperately. I'm lazy but not that lazy that I can't go find the old discs to some of those games and try to get them to work in win7.
They're also out of codes for Empire at War...went ahead and grabbed it for the sale price, but until they get more codes, no new purchases can play...and with LA in an odd state right now, that could take awhile, if ever.

Naw, just because disney closed them down, doesn't mean that they won't have someone doing code stuff. Thats free money, hardly any work required, the games are already done. Some guy somewhere has to hit a key on a program that says GENERATE CODES, then email it to someone. And bang, they can rake in the cash.

Anyway, steam would give refunds if it ended up being no codes forever. So I wouldn't worry about it.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:22 Dev

FloorPie wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:18:
That star wars deal looked good until they raised the price friday or saturday. It was $35 or so. Now its up to $50 and the games I'd actually want in the group would be $20 or so cheaper to buy seperately. I'm lazy but not that lazy that I can't go find the old discs to some of those games and try to get them to work in win7.
I already owned nearly all of them from previous deals. I picked up a couple for like $1 or $3 that I didn't have.

I'm disappointed they don't have the lego star wars games on sale though. I still need the clone wars one.

Also:

$53.58 Price of individual games:
$49.99 Bundle cost:

So yeah, if you have 1 or maybe 2 games out of the list of a dozen or so, its cheaper to buy individually. Its because the individual titles are 66% off, but the bundle is only 50% off.
I'll take your word for it that it was $35 earlier.

6704 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo