Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6668 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Xenonauts Early Access
8. Re: Xenonauts Early Access Jun 1, 2013, 11:11 Dev

El Pit wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 10:41:
I hate myself for missing this kickstarter. I'll definitely buy this!
You can pick it up on desura or steam's early access. Both are currently $20
Note: If you get it on desura, you get a free steam key.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xenonauts Early Access
6. Re: Xenonauts Early Access Jun 1, 2013, 09:17 Dev

I backed this on KS a while back.

If you backed this on KS and need the steam key, get into your desura account and go here:
https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys
Click the "Request Key" button next to Xenonauts entry in the list
That cd key is used for steam as well.

Note: if you didn't yet add it to desura, look in email almost exactly 1 year ago by desura sent to your KS email, subject "You have received a game" and has the word "Xenonauts" inside
Note 2: If you don't even know if you backed it, but want to see, log into KS and goto the project page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts

News Comments > On Sales and Discounts
10. Re: On Sales and Discounts May 31, 2013, 19:41 Dev

nin wrote on May 31, 2013, 09:30:
I've not read the steam post, but I'm guessing his 100K out of 200K is after expenses? (IE steam isn't somehow taking half?)
Steam doesn't take half.

Here's what he says in the steam post you didn't read

Lunar Flight has generated approximately $200k in revenue from 50,00 units over the 16 months since it's release, from that I have personally earned about $100k after commisions and taxes.

Taxes. He's lucky if the gov took a mere quarter for taxes. (steam likely takes somewhere from a quarter to a third).

This comment was edited on May 31, 2013, 19:53.

News Comments > Scrolls Beta Content Clarified
16. Re: Scrolls Beta Content Clarified May 29, 2013, 21:34 Dev

saluk wrote on May 29, 2013, 18:05:
But it's obvious from scrolls that the company that minecraft built either also misread it's success or just doesn't care.
The latter. As I recall the story goes that notch promised some random friend if he hit it big, he was going to do the other guy's idea for a game.

Really, they should be exploiting minecraft's success. Doing expansions, doing minecraft 2, etc. But instead they are doing all sorts of weird things like scrolls, or the space thing, or WTF ever else they are doing. At the very least they should be doing additional minecraft stuff alongside that other stuff.

News Comments > SimCity Expands
8. Re: SimCity Expands May 29, 2013, 09:02 Dev

The first of many expansions for the game.
Fion wrote on May 28, 2013, 19:41:
Game has IMHO a crazy number of people playing it still who haven't followed the drama and never use forums, etc and continue to play it. I have no doubt the 'amusement park set' will sell like mad.
Dunno about "crazy" since EA announced I think 1.6m sales, but large, yes
Redmask wrote on May 28, 2013, 22:19:
Selling this shit for $10 after all of the bullshit and terrible design flaws still afflicting the game is literally spitting on your customers.
They likely would have been selling this a few weeks after release if they hadn't had so many issues with the initial release. This is probably why EA was so slow to fix the problems in the first place (and still slow to patch), the majority of the game's team has been busy with things like this expansion.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
15. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 28, 2013, 19:01 Dev

Warskull wrote on May 28, 2013, 11:28:
As for the digital sales, we know there are irrelevant because Steam doesn't report their sales figures and steam is by far the largest digital distributor on the market.
Mostly correct in that these numbers above are meaningless for digital.

Steam DOES report, except they only report to the publishers. Its entirely up to the publishers what numbers out of those reports they want to pass on to organizations like this or to the public, or whatever.

News Comments > Memorial Mobilization
12. Re: Memorial Mobilization May 27, 2013, 21:14 Dev

Wow. Just wow.

Inside was a mini Peter (that alone tells me how far Peter is lost in himself), Telling the winner that he's going to be the god of all of the Godus games that are played by everyone, including the kickstarters. It talks about him deciding the rules. What does that mean? Is he going to be like the director of the game design process, or just deciding on a meaningless rule, or can change everyone's parameters whenever he likes, or?
Plus he's supposedly getting a kickback on all monetary purchases with godus.
Some of those people on kickstarter spent $5,000 for the highest tier pledges, and they didn't get anything close to that.

Man, if I was crazy enough to back that game, I'd be quite upset.

News Comments > Scrolls Next Week
14. Re: Scrolls Next Week May 27, 2013, 19:21 Dev

Pass
The market for digital collectible card games is already saturated, and they should have seen that before they started working on one (regardless of what promises he made a friend). And trying to fight bethesda for the name is also just silly. Even if they can't register scrolls, that also means he probably can't either, so anyone can probably take the name. They should have picked a more memorable name, one they could register.

Also, I'm not interested in what is likely to be a pay 2 win game.
JohnBirshire wrote on May 27, 2013, 14:00:
After the breakthrough worldwide sensation that took the gaming world by storm, Minecraft, the visionary independent developer's next grand phenomenon...a card game. *crickets* Well, maybe not so visionary after all.

He wasn't trying to be on this one. Check its history.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2013, 20:32.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
148. Re: Xbox One Announced May 24, 2013, 01:03 Dev

Overon wrote on May 21, 2013, 17:40:
Also no solid state drives for ps4 nor xbox one? I now that will raise the costs but come on, once you go solid state drive for your game installations, you don't ever want to go back.
What, and make it a 60gb drive instead of a 500gb one? Jeez.
Devinoch wrote on May 22, 2013, 00:34:
deqer wrote on May 22, 2013, 00:09:
lol. "Xbox One"
"<Microsoft> Looks like people have been selling used games. So, let's work off of that; let's take a cut of that by forcing users to pay us a fee for each time they want to sell their used game!"

You mean developers, right? And who wants to pay those guys? *rolleyes*
They are the ones we most often see complain about it sure... But do you really think MS is going to give them most of the activation fee here?

NKD wrote on May 21, 2013, 19:40:
Fion wrote on May 21, 2013, 19:22:
And Beamer, I'm rather surprised they even went with that big a HD. After all they make a fortune selling 60gb xbox 360 HD's for $90.

Since you can attach whatever USB 3.0 external storage to the thing and use it for anything the internal drive is used for, they probably aren't going to be making a lot off selling their own drives.
Yeah, they said the same thing about flash drives on the 360, then they ended up limiting the size and what type of stuff you could put on it so you couldn't put much on it. Have they confirmed that you can use an external drive of any type and any size to store any type of data that the internal can? Because until they do, its still likely that they will sell their own branded crap for 4 times the price.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2013, 01:16.

News Comments > SimCity Patched
11. Re: SimCity Patched May 24, 2013, 00:53 Dev

Prez wrote on May 23, 2013, 20:28:
Sims will lose a small amount of happiness if they donít have a place to shop. Cities without places to shop will see complaints and feel the effect of unhappy Sims. This will emphasize the importance of commercial zones.

Are you kidding me? The game has been out for how long and they are only now getting around to making balanced zoning strategy a serious consideration? What, has it just been plopping crap down wherever you want without penalty or ramification?

In previous Simcity's you had to carefully balance industry, commerce, and residential zones, and make sure it was all laid out logically and strategically to ensure a steady influx of new citizens and tax revenue. Without that, there really wouldn't have been any challenge at all.
Pretty sure this is just ONE SMALL AREA thats broken in this game

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
60. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 20:24 Dev

Ozmodan wrote on May 23, 2013, 06:59:
Microsoft is completely out of touch with the gaming community. Just look at the xbox design. Just a string of horrible choices. It is almost like they are in the take it or leave it stance. I am sticking with Windows 7 for now, nothing in 8 that I need.
The entire release of win 8 and MS forcing all metro apps to be sold through their store is a take it or leave it move by MS (take it or don't use windows at all).
Verno wrote on May 23, 2013, 09:14:
"reimagined Solitaire" is either the master stroke troll or they are seriously that deluded over there.
The entire release of win 8 shows they are seriously that deluded.
Chromius wrote on May 23, 2013, 13:06:
Thank goodness!

Win 7 x64 is my last Microsoft product.

I will never pay 1 cent for anything made by Microsoft or its subsidiaries.

F them.
Good luck with that. Even if you avoid all use of windows and office, most of the businesses you give money to use part of that money to go towards MS, and most government agencies your tax dollars go towards use some of that money to go towards MS.

This comment was edited on May 23, 2013, 20:30.

33. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 01:53 Dev

Kosumo wrote on May 23, 2013, 00:39:
Jerykk wrote on May 22, 2013, 23:33:
Where can I pre-order the new Solitaire?

Don't be a tool Jerykk, why support them? Furious2

It anit got online co-op (yet) Joker
Didn't hearts have multiplayer at some point?

Anyway, if someone wants solitaire buy a copy of windows 8, you'll get the new and improved solitaire it sounds like

26. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 23:24 Dev

D4rkKnight wrote on May 22, 2013, 20:26:
I just wish they would stop creating half-assed implementations like "Games for Windows Live" so developers can actually implement their own systems instead of tacking that bloatware trash on top and calling their multiplayer component complete. It's already ruined GTA4 and Dark Souls multiplayer, they need to stop spreading their gaming diseases to other titles.
Don't worry, now they can do quarter butt implementation with windows 8 features that are supposed to be closely integrated with the xbox one!

On a more serious note, if we are lucky, all these xbox changes means easier ports, and for a few years, we might get some better graphical quality games on PC. Obsolete consoles have been holding game development (graphics wise) back for a while now.

23. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 23:20 Dev

"Yes but we are rededicating ourselves anew to PC gaming!"  

News Comments > Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited
12. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 22:45 Dev

I wonder if its worth buying a pile of gold so I never have to worry about repair costs again, in my first real money purchase in D3.

Wait, this is d3 I'm talking about, I haven't played that thing in many months.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 21, 2013, 08:33 Dev

Fantaz wrote on May 21, 2013, 05:42:
DARK on sale already on Steam and the game didn't even come out yet..
Its a pre-order discount. While most of them are 10%, some games have other amounts.

What I find more curious is that they are including the strategy guide with the game.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Community Patch
9. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 18, 2013, 14:06 Dev

deqer wrote on May 18, 2013, 13:37:
That's why Random Crits exists. That's why the Spy class exists(for newb players that couldn't cut it, using a normal class). That's why Ubers exists. That's why it takes 3 rockets for a soldier to kill a spy, instead of 1 rocket. That's why sticky guns exists for Demoman. etc. etc. The list goes on and on; I could list 100+ examples. But, meh.

You can play without some of that stuff, like crits. And if you prefer a game that is a more level playing field, there's other games out there.

Most of that stuff is to give ways to counter the other team's strategies. For instance, you have a team full of engineers and sentry guns? Send in some spies. Or snipe them, or soldiers.

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Beta
32. Re: Steam Trading Cards Beta May 18, 2013, 07:43 Dev

If you are a part of the beta, you can click your name at top of steam window, then click badges. You can see your level and cards there.

If you aren't, anyone need an invite?

News Comments > Steam Trading Cards Beta
31. Re: Steam Trading Cards Beta May 18, 2013, 07:41 Dev

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2013, 05:17:
Cutter wrote on May 15, 2013, 17:20:
So instead of Half Life 3 we continually get crap like this instead.

Yup. All those level designers, scripters, environmental artists, character artists, animators, riggers, VFX artists, sound designers, UI artists, UI programmers, gameplay programmers, engine programmers, etc, are all working on this trading card system instead of HL3.
Sure, if they wanted to. If they thought it was more fun and more interesting than wtf ever they were doing before. Wheels on desks remember?

Also, what UI programmers? Have you seen steam?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Community Patch
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Community Patch May 17, 2013, 23:17 Dev

While I do think its great they are doing this, and that the community is getting all the profits from the keys, lets be clear here.

A big reason valve is doing this is so they can work less on TF2 and more on other things that they are currently finding more fun and interesting. If that other thing was HL3 I'd be all for it. But its more likely some form of wearable computing.

6668 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo