Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6689 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance
37. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 22:25 Dev

Also, there is NOTHING stylish about origin or EA  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 22:25 Dev

Flatline wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 22:18:
At the moment I'm feeling like a chump getting hit up for a few bucks over and over and over again.
Yeah, thats what I keep seeing too. Thats why I only got in when one of the limited low price KS slots opened up. I only paid an extra $5 for the limited aurora (which I already had the base ship with my KS package). I didn't spend a pile for a citizen badge, and I'm NOT going to shell out another $75 for this new ship.

I think my total so far is $35. Very unlikely to do more than that until I see how the game turns out and how the F2P/P2W/MMO/subscriptions mix all turns out.

33. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 22, 2013, 22:11 Dev

I'm really hoping that this turns out good. I'm just afraid that with the subscription stuff, the F2P stuff, the P2W stuff, the MMO stuff, and the private majority funding he's beholden to, it won't (a LOT of private funding is really hot about the F2P kinda thing right now).

I got in the KS btw. I think this is the first time I watched this trailer (an overview of the game, with first couple mins being a game trailer):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M995Mqr67E
So I'm going to keep hoping. Privateer and wing commander were some of my favorite games.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle
23. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Legal Tangle Jun 20, 2013, 19:05 Dev

Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 13:25:
Shite! I didn't know this enhanced edition was for the iPad? Now that.. I would've wanted.
They released for ipad and PC, and I think they were planning for android as well. More than likely this will get fixed and they will continue selling it.

News Comments > Valve Rumor Bonanza
14. Re: Valve Rumor Bonanza Jun 20, 2013, 00:03 Dev

Sounds legit to me. Of course, this leak will mean a year+ delay in HL3 now. Presuming they ever bother to finish it.

Edit: 790+ discussion groups/projects. Sounds reasonable for valve, especially since people move their wheeled desks around as they like and start a new project whenever they want.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 19, 2013, 08:37 Dev

Thanks for fixing it!  

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
44. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 08:35 Dev

DangerDog wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 03:22:
I haven't been keeping up with the graphics card wars but isn't AMD generally a better buy over Nvidia right now?
They go back and forth. Usually whenever one company releases its next gen card, they take the title for a few months. Then the other company releases its next gen card, and they take the title.

This is actually a good thing, keeps them competing with each other.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2013, 00:38 Dev

Movie box office numbers are much closer to complete than PC game numbers  

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
27. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 19, 2013, 00:34 Dev

I dunno why we are discussing the internals of steam on a GOG thread, but anyway, how much integration steam has with a game is entirely up to the game's publisher. Some games on steam run without requiring steam at all (i.e. you can run the .exe directly from the folder and it won't require steam client to be started). Its rare, but they exist.
When running the .exe without having steam running, other games give errors, other games say they will run, but won't have the social integration (like leaderboards), etc.
I ran an experiment a while back and tried a bunch of steam games that way. I wrote up the details at the time I did it.

News Comments > Gunpoint Sales Figures
5. Re: Gunpoint Sales Figures Jun 18, 2013, 23:31 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:05:
I'm jealous
Release a popular game, you can be in the same position

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
26. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 23:30 Dev

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 20:18:
There's a simple solution for this. Don't buy the games if you own Nvidia.
Fixed that for you

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 18, 2013, 22:52 Dev

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 20:29:
I can't stress enough to pick up Mark of the Ninja, it's one of best stealth games in many years and it's a steal at $3.75
I think bats got it today

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month
21. Re: Shadowrun Returns Delayed to Next Month Jun 18, 2013, 20:10 Dev

Also of note is that they are out of kickstarter funds, so they will be using their own funds at this point. For them to do that and delay the game is significant.

Edit: I see people already mentioned that.
As for the stretch goals like berlin, they are doing that as a post release add-on thats free to backers.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2013, 21:21 Dev

party=partly

blue, its ok to fix other sites obvious headline spelling mistakes

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
41. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 00:35 Dev

a) Those indie consoles and devs aren't nearly enough to sink e3
b) Next month... in VALVE TIME.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 23:39 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 19:36:
And it wasn't even a whole week, Planetary Annihilation only became available on Thurdsay. So like 2 1/2 days.

Dev wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:57:
At one point it was in the top 3.

You can't compare that "top sellers" tab on the store page to this weekly list, though. Even though it's not specific, these are hard figures (ranked by revenue in a set period of time), whereas with the "top sellers" thing, we have no idea whether that's by revenue or quantity or some kind of trend... It's definitely a very, very short period of time (one day or even a few hours) because of how quickly new releases can show up there.
Oh I know, I've pointed out similar things before

I agree though, impressive to show up at #8 overall especially since it was a couple days out of the week.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 16:57 Dev

Fion wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 16:56:
Called Planetary Annihilation being top 10. Nostalgia can be a potent tool for makin $.
At one point it was in the top 3.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2013, 16:29 Dev

Impressive that the $90 game brought in more revenue over the week than SR 4 pre-orders.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
28. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 16, 2013, 16:28 Dev

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 14:44:
But, for right now, they're being very explicit that being banned from online won't ban you from single player. Of course, EA said the same thing a hundred times and still seemed to do it. Then apologize, call it a glitch, fix it, then have it happen the next month.
With EA, they'll ban you from your games if the devs of a game don't like some criticism you said on their forums.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
80. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 16, 2013, 13:59 Dev

Slashman wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 10:10:
Dev wrote on Jun 16, 2013, 03:11:
Prez wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 21:57:
I was just worried that was going to be the FINAL price! Their reasoning for charging that much in Alpha is sound though.
Their final price is going to be like $20 or $30 I think.

Which is why I said I'm waiting for the final release to buy.

There is no big payoff for getting in early on an alpha like this. People who really want to are more than welcome to. This isn't rocket science. And no one is twisting anyone's arm to make them buy in now. It's by choice.
Well there's probably 2 main types of people pre-ordering. One is the "zomg I can't wait another minute, I must play this game nao". They are going to be disappointed at this stage, and they are probably the ones who will be discouraged by the $90 price.
The other category would be people who think "man, this looks like it could be great, I want to be a part of that and make sure it really is, help find all the problems". That category won't have a problem as much of a problem with an incomplete test version, and is the ones the devs want to have. Their payoff is to help make the game the best it can be.

6689 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo