Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6688 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 9, 2013, 01:46 Dev

LOL I didn't expect to see valve in the data breach report as one of the biggest breaches (in a particular category)  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2013, 03:25 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 17:01:
On a side note, it's good to see Rogue Legacy doing well. Definitely deserves it.
Were you the one who got me hooked on that? Man I'm loving the upgrading mansion thing.

News Comments > Star Citizen Economy Trailer
33. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 8, 2013, 03:23 Dev

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 23:49:
And what about these mysterious backers know one's knows about? Didn't he say he already had $10 million secured? If that's the case then the agreements have been signed and you don't just give back the money. He's never entirely clear on anything, it's all much more implied than expressed, and that more than anything is what makes me wary. It has that snake oil feel to it. You don't know what's in it but it's guaranteed to be everything to everyone!
See thats why I think the whole P2W/micropayments/MMO stuff is being pushed so hard, because thats all the rage right now in private funding. I think its because he's beholden to it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Economy Trailer
14. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 7, 2013, 14:50 Dev

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 14:31:
El Pit wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 14:24:
If they can pull this off with such a small budget, the guys deserve to be praised. If not... Well, we'll see.

To be fair, I think they're up to like 13 million. Still small, compared to the big pubs, but about 3 times what they started with...

They picked up $3 million in like a week, during this "last chance to buy these $200 ships with lifetime insurance" sale.
How many of these "last chance now really mean it now" sales have they had at this point? lol

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend; Sale
9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend; Sale Jul 7, 2013, 05:32 Dev

Almost no one on my friends list has this on their wishlist, I think they all own the game  

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jul 3, 2013, 03:02 Dev

PHJF wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 22:53:
Don't like roguelikes. Permadeath thing kills it for me.

I am however enjoying the hell out of Rogue Legacy. Although it features more player deaths per capita than 99.9% of other games, there's still persistent progression.
OMG why did you tell me about that game?

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 3, 2013, 00:57 Dev

PHJF wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 22:53:
Don't like roguelikes. Permadeath thing kills it for me.

I am however enjoying the hell out of Rogue Legacy. Although it features more player deaths per capita than 99.9% of other games, there's still persistent progression.
As in most roguelike games, one can backup the save from FTL if one wishes

News Comments > Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games
12. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 2, 2013, 09:02 Dev

killer_roach wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 21:25:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 20:53:
Dev wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 20:52:
Protip apogee: You shoulda put your games on steam many many years ago to get some cashflow going.

QFT

All of the ones in that Throwback Pack are available on GOG already (I'm pretty sure Extreme RoTT is just the "Extra Levels" addon that GOG provides)...
GOG != Steam

News Comments > Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games
2. Re: Rise of the Triad This Month; Preorders Get Four Apogee Games Jul 1, 2013, 20:52 Dev

Protip apogee: You shoulda put your games on steam many many years ago to get some cashflow going.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2013, 01:30 Dev

Skyrim still there  

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
51. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 21:58 Dev

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 20:06:
A good cheap joystick is the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. It's the one I've been using for years and it has yet to let me down.
12 buttons, a hat switch, and a throttle control at the base, and the standard joystick movement. Looks like a decent choice especially at $25.

At the $45 level, going by star level of amazon reviews, the "Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick" looks like a similar choice. It also has the capability to switch between button profiles with a "shift" type button, so its 12 buttons could be more like 24. As well it offers a detachable throttle
I think I used or owned something that looked like this many years ago. Its been so long since I used it (probably back in privater/wing commander days) that I don't recall anything about it lol.

50. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 21:53 Dev

kanniballl wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 18:43:
A stupid concept in my opinion, but not a paid subscription for the game... like many Premium F2P games (DCUO, Champions Online, etc.).
Oh I know. However, the question isn't "what form are subs today" but rather, "will they offer subs for the game itself at some point before release?"
They had no subs at all until recently.

47. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 18:35 Dev

1badmf wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 18:26:
you know what, i had this long counter argument all typed out, but it's getting nowhere. if these guys wanna continue to spew the hate without reading all the info out there, be my guest. i'm done.
I'm posting info from roberts own stuff. Like in I linked in the last blues thread info about the subscriptions. Some people posting there weren't even aware that they existed.

As for pay 2 win, facts aren't hate. Fact is, anything where you can convert hard currency into in game assets that can change gameplay in any way (i.e. exuding cosmetic items) is pay 2 win.
Its pay 2 win regardless of if you can earn those same things in game with play time or not. If you can earn them, it means its a less extreme version of pay 2 win and doesn't exclude people who don't spend the cash. It just means they take longer to get there, but doesn't change the fact its pay 2 win.

I also got in on the KS. And as I said in the last thread, I'm rooting for them to release an awesome game, hopefully something in the ballpark of privateer or wing commander. But so far to me it looks like all these gaming elements (mmo, P2W, subs) are being pushed since they are considered "hot". Either its the majority private funding thats pushing that since there's lots of private funding out there for games with those elements (as I recall, private funding was at least $10m, and that doesn't count the $10m crowdfunding), or its Roberts himself and he's lost his way.

If those things (mmo, p2w, subs) are the kinda thing everyone wants, cool for them. Me, I want a good quality single player game that doesn't focus on all that (privateer and wing commander were single player).

News Comments > Satellite Reign Kickstarter
13. Re: Satellite Reign Kickstarter Jun 29, 2013, 18:14 Dev

Frijoles wrote on Jun 28, 2013, 10:23:
Wish they could use Amazon like 90% of the other Kickstarters. I realize it has to do with the currency, I just don't want to give my credit card info out to more places. I'll grab it when they release.
Not just currency. Has to do with they may not be able to open a US bank account (requirement of US based kickstarter that uses amazon for payments). There's different requirements for this kickstarter since its that division of KS is based in UK.

In this case he's based in Australia. I imagine if someone wanted to pay his flight to US to open account, then pay the 3rd party to manage the US specific stuff, he would have run it on the US kickstarter site.

42. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 17:55 Dev

Taskeen wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 11:56:
My recommendations for Joysticks or HOTAS setups are the following:

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (this is one of the most durable joysticks on the market)

Saitek PRO Flight X-65F HOTAS (Personally I've had bad luck with Saitek, some of their joystick batches aren't manufactured properly with calibration issues)

Going cheap on joysticks might get you by for a little while, but most of the cheap ones will break or have calibration issues eventually. Get something that lasts with a good warranty or RMA policy.

Whoa. Those are some nice looking joysticks.

41. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 29, 2013, 17:52 Dev

So, what all did they sell during the livestream? I missed it.

Julio wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 05:23:
KTR wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 03:30:
Freaking crazy. 200 Idris Corvettes, each costing $1250, sold out in matter of minutes!

Not that I can't afford that, but that's an insane waste of money. Next they'll get some pitchmen from the infomercials going.

And who claimed this wasn't pay-to-win in another thread?
Not me, it certainly is a pay to win. Not as extreme as others since you can earn the stuff without paying, but its still one.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3 Island Paradise Jun 25, 2013, 23:05 Dev

If they ever put the complete sims 3 package (and I mean EVERYTHING) and sold it for $100, I'd probably get it. But no freaking way am I paying multi hundreds for it.  

News Comments > Avellone: Kickstarter Inspiring Old School RPG Renaissance
25. Re: Avellone: Kickstarter Inspiring Old School RPG Renaissance Jun 25, 2013, 21:04 Dev

So, where were these publishers a year ago? Mostly they only care about AAA titles, and are actually downsizing on indie type stuff (wasn't it EA that just closed down some of those departments? Plus, didn't MS announce they were going to be even less friendly to indies in XBone?)  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 25, 2013, 20:59 Dev

Quite often from malicious ads.

Have you tried downloading any free utilities recently? OMG, even I'm confused. Last time I got a free tool there were 5 download links, the 4 that were ads looked more legit than the actual download link.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deadpool
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deadpool Jun 25, 2013, 20:57 Dev

So, a $5 buy?  

6688 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo