Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6704 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 21:06 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:22:
Nighthawk wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 17:09:
It's greed plain and simple, it's not like most players don't know the real names (although, I didn't know the current model of the AH-1 is Viper, and no longer Cobra/Super).
Brings me back to when Counter Strike changed the names of the weapons...

It's funny with the latest update to add the inventory and drop system Valve has gone back to the "real" names for the first time in years.
Likely that's because of the other lawsuits about the weapon names I've seen linked on blues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 01:20 Dev

yuastnav wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 13:32:
I will just leave this here for anyone who is interested:
www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/BUGGER
Wow, fascinating article
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 12:56:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?!
Spy agency spying? OMG not what the problem is.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 11:30 Dev

Here's a better link:
link

Turns out its 2776 incidents in ONE YEAR.
And those are just the violations they admit to, the ones that go beyond the incredibly lax standards they use. Don't forget that the millions of calls metadata they do, they don't consider that an incident since thats authorized.
Also, just ONE of those incidents violated specific court orders and involved 3000 americans.
One error included when they accidentally (supposedly anyway) programmed it to look at area code 202 (washington DC) instead of 20 (a foreign country) and incorrectly gathered a "large number" of calls. They won't say anything beyond that it was a "large number".
And the error rate increased despite a quadrupling of internal oversight staff

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2013, 20:25 Dev

I doubt that apologizing goes a long way at a military trial.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Deal Update
2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Deal Update Aug 15, 2013, 20:17 Dev

ViRGE wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 04:33:
I can't say I care for CS, but all the same my condolences to the CS players. Microtransactions have claimed the corpse of yet another game.

As for the keys, it seems to me that Valve has mastered the gaming equivalent of pinkwashing. Go ahead, spend money on microtransactions; (a very small part of) it is for a good cause.
Its all skins though, so it doesn't much matter to me since its not p2w.
And as for keys, just skip that and pay for what you want on the market, it might be more expensive but you'd get exactly what you wanted.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 15, 2013, 00:42 Dev

Redmask wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 23:05:
They had some fire hazard problems with the Xbox 360 power brick, thing was getting so hot that people were told not to put it on carpet at all.
And I recall issues with the original xbox power supply too, i.e. MS didn't learn a thing.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2013, 21:24 Dev

I also have no problem believing they won't have a RROD.

But as I recall, didn't they have expensive power supply/power adapter issues with BOTH the xbox and xbox 360, where they had to replace (or offer to replace) every adapter that existed at that time?

So yeah, I'm fully expecting some other type of disaster after it ships, mostly likely related to power.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 14, 2013, 21:19 Dev

The details on the internet touching:
They "touch" 1.6% of the internet traffic, which is almost 30 petabytes/day compared to googles about 20 PB.
And if they are saying thats headers or metadata or even if you just remove streaming traffic (as I recall youtube and netflix make up something like half of all peak internet traffic in US), then its vastly vastly more than google is "touching".

News Comments > StarCraft Universe Kickstarter
7. Re: StarCraft Universe Kickstarter Aug 14, 2013, 21:02 Dev

bingus wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 05:25:
From the website: "While Blizzard is not directly affiliated with this project's production, we do communicate with them to submit bug reports and make technical requests. They have given their blessing/permission for us to launch this Kickstarter, and they are supporting our efforts by featuring SCU as an Arcade Highlight."
That's not the same thing as a signed contractual agreement to use their IP. Which is basically what they should have, and almost certainly don't.
Actiblizz is an idiot if they let this continue, both because of having someone else mess with their IP as a paid product with no control over it (for instance if it fails it will could actiblizz look bad), and because if they were feeling that generous about that team to give their blessing, they shoulda just hired them or given them the $80k peanuts (to actiblizz) they are asking.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
29. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 19:52 Dev

Redmask wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 07:07:
I guess we shouldn't be surprised though, this is a company that somehow ignored a billion dollar digital distribution market growing in their own backyard.
And continues to ignore it even today, despite their near continual promises to the contrary about "rededicating themselves to the PC"

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
13. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 00:30 Dev

Redmask wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 22:43:
The really dumb thing about this is at E3 they had Xbone demos running on PCs with Xbone controllers hooked up.
Probably because they are lying about it. If they wanted to they could easily have it ready for windows.
The real reason is probably something along the lines of they don't want to give anyone a reason to use it on the PC until they get a few months of console sales out, some irrational fear that it will affect sales.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 11, 2013, 22:20 Dev

I was at sams club today and they were selling office 365. They had as one of the positive features that you got compared to the normal professional version... a subscription.
It was like $100 per year or some such.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2013, 22:13 Dev

I ended up getting a 4 pack of the normal edition of the game. Anyone want the last one out of the 4 for $22.50 ?

The normal edition still comes with the loot bag and the free DLC.

Edit: Prez got it.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2013, 00:13.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding
8. Re: Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding Aug 11, 2013, 16:37 Dev

Julio wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 16:23:
Who's going to crowd fund a F2P game? No need at all, just wait for it to come out.
Presumably people that want such a game to be developed? I've seen KS games succeed before when they said they were going to be free on release.
Remember, a KS is not a exactly a pre-order (though many treat it as such).

As well, with mobile games that end up on iOS, such a KS rarely gives out the game itself. In large part because apple makes it incredibly hard to give out codes for an app. So a lot of those KS that fund those aren't actually getting the game.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 11, 2013, 14:40 Dev

99.9% really isn't that good. The article headline should have said uptime exceeds 99.94%

They had uptime of at least 99.94% during the past year, which means up to 5 hours of outage in a year.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding
3. Re: Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding Aug 11, 2013, 13:57 Dev

I dunno, I'd rather see the stuff that the community creates for shadowrun. This being a F2P, sounds more like they want the community to do most of their work and then they make money off of it. They do say only aesthetic items will be sold for money so its not a P2W at least.
ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2013, 13:41:
Why would people go with indiegogo instead of Kickstarter? Kickstarter is a lot more popular.
Usually because of the creators living in other countries (which doesn't apply in this case since the devs are in Utah). Other reasons include KS only gives money if you reach your goal (indiegogo gives the money regardless if the flexible goal is chosen, which makes it easier to have crappy or fraudulent projects). KS also has more rules about projects.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 11, 2013, 13:54 Dev

Speaking of Payday 2, I'm going to get a 4 pack, haven't decided if its normal ($22.50 each) or career criminal ($37.50) yet.
I will probably end up with 1 slot open if anyone is interested.

News Comments > Payday 2 Profitable Already; New Trailer
24. Re: Payday 2 Profitable Already; New Trailer Aug 11, 2013, 12:24 Dev

I'm thinking about getting a 4 pack, everyone already pre-order?  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Next Week
17. Re: PAYDAY 2 Next Week Aug 11, 2013, 12:01 Dev

Panickd wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 12:23:
I dig that they have given unique bits of in game stuff to pre-orders that won't be offered after the game goes on sale. I think more games should do that sort of thing instead of the "you get it exclusively for a week after which we will offer it in DLC pack to anyone who wants it!"

I like this one a lot more than the original too. It's quite a bit deeper so long as you and your team care to play it that way.
I'm not sure I'm a fan of this, but if you read carefully, looks like while it might not be offered "for purchase" separately after launch, it IS included in the deluxe version. Which will be sold after launch.

News Comments > SimCity Traffic Improvements
11. Re: SimCity Traffic Improvements Aug 10, 2013, 21:47 Dev

ViRGE wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 16:00:
Panickd wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 14:32:
Kind of impressed that anyone at Maxis is still working on this.
Indeed. Credit where it's due: they screwed up the launch badly, but they've been making an honest effort to fix it since then. Very few games would get this kind of post-launch support.
Not that much of an effort. Its like what, 6 months later and they are just now getting around to fixing the traffic?

6704 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo