Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6686 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Next Week
17. Re: PAYDAY 2 Next Week Aug 11, 2013, 12:01 Dev

Panickd wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 12:23:
I dig that they have given unique bits of in game stuff to pre-orders that won't be offered after the game goes on sale. I think more games should do that sort of thing instead of the "you get it exclusively for a week after which we will offer it in DLC pack to anyone who wants it!"

I like this one a lot more than the original too. It's quite a bit deeper so long as you and your team care to play it that way.
I'm not sure I'm a fan of this, but if you read carefully, looks like while it might not be offered "for purchase" separately after launch, it IS included in the deluxe version. Which will be sold after launch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Traffic Improvements
11. Re: SimCity Traffic Improvements Aug 10, 2013, 21:47 Dev

ViRGE wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 16:00:
Panickd wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 14:32:
Kind of impressed that anyone at Maxis is still working on this.
Indeed. Credit where it's due: they screwed up the launch badly, but they've been making an honest effort to fix it since then. Very few games would get this kind of post-launch support.
Not that much of an effort. Its like what, 6 months later and they are just now getting around to fixing the traffic?

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 15 More Games
15. Re: Steam Greenlights 15 More Games Aug 10, 2013, 21:41 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 20:39:
nin wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 18:32:
Viscera Cleanup Detail! Woot!

Anyone else think Roger Wilco Space Janitor?
Man, I love those Space Quest games.
That reminds me, I need to go play that demo for the kickstarter backers that came out for the new two guys game they are working on.

13. Re: Steam Greenlights 15 More Games Aug 10, 2013, 20:14 Dev

NewMaxx wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 18:27:
I guess the discussion then turns to how the system might be improved. I'm sure Valve is working on that, but, hey...
Why would you be sure of that? That's not fun or interesting.

News Comments > Wasteland Re-release Plans
14. Re: Wasteland Re-release Plans Aug 10, 2013, 18:07 Dev

It hasn't exactly been abandoned now has it?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2013, 18:04 Dev

Rigs wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 17:58:
They seriously need to sit down and redo this whole process. As it is, you're can't' just look at the list and know which games are almost done, alpha, techdemo or what! While it's nice they put the 'spotlight' (ugh) on the interesting games, it doesn't tell us why. Games on this list should be at least close to release.

=-Rigs-=
No reason why they can't mark it as early access at the same time its on greenlight.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Revealed
7. Re: Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Revealed Aug 10, 2013, 12:03 Dev

Slashman wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 11:10:
It's not a card game.

From Mecron:

"Welcome to the newest SotSverse game, GroundPounders! SotS:GP is an old-school, beer and pretzel wargame in the tradition of the classic Panzer General. It will play quick and introduce you to battalion-level ground combat in the SotS universe and is intended for various platforms. Its planned it will be fully multiplayer-capable across platforms. This game will be presented on Kickstarter and an alpha level demo will be released soon. Please look over today's teaser trailer and feel free to ask any questions at all. And get ready to get your hands dirty "
But it has cards.

News Comments > On Beat Hazard Ultra's Success
14. Re: On Beat Hazard Ultra's Success Aug 10, 2013, 00:47 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 10:13:
Dev wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 23:12:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 22:06:
Jealous again
You could always try and make a game

I did. Failed commercialy.
Try try again?

4. Re: Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Revealed Aug 10, 2013, 00:00 Dev

Vinco wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 23:53:
This isn't a trading card game... It's a hex-grid turn-based tactical combat game with a few cards in there for special effects during the battle.
Looked like one to me.

2. Re: Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Revealed Aug 9, 2013, 23:38 Dev

So, just because mojang is entering the saturated trading card market, they think they should too? Thats like all the MMOs just because WoW exists.

Even if they aren't doing it after seeing mojang do it, its still a poor move.

News Comments > $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition
35. Re: $1MM Saints Row IV Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition Aug 9, 2013, 23:29 Dev

Creston wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 11:13:
Somehow I doubt that they're actually going to deliver on this...

Why in the world would they not? As that other link showed, it would only cost deep silver about $630k to deliver, so they'd make a hefty chunk doing it.

News Comments > Valve Closes SF Satellite Office
18. Re: Valve Closes SF Satellite Office Aug 9, 2013, 09:33 Dev

bhcompy wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:12:
I'm sure that Valve retained publishing rights. Valve wins by having this game published on time by the same team that did the work so far. Changing teams leads to bad products and missed deadlines.
I'm sure they didn't. They gave probably a million in hardware to that other group that departed. They don't care about stuff like that when it comes to their employees.
Valve will still "win" when the game gets put on steam by their 30% cut, so even if they cared, that's not going to matter much.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Aug 9, 2013, 07:03 Dev

Krovven wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:13:
Dev wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 22:14:
SirKnight wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 21:23:
I like the ports of these new versions of Duke3D and Shadow Warrior. The other ports out there are good, but don't feel as polished to me as these. I'll be glad when they finally add multiplayer and linux versions.
Note that while there's a promise to add multiplayer to duke 3d on the store page, there's no such promise for shadow warrior.

He has made the promise in the forums for SWR. But considering he made the promise for Duke Megaton and didn't follow through with that promise and instead released another game port...He isn't getting my money for Shadow Warrior until he follows through with it for both games.
Which forums? The steam game forums or something else?

And yeah, I'm not going to run to give them any more money until I can see some tangible progress on their promises about duke3d

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 22:29 Dev

LarryLaffer wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 19:28:
I love every single thing I hear about the Xbox-One.
You love how they will have even less indie support? How ugly it looks?
Interesting.

Well at least they backed off of region locking, used game locking, and mandatory internet checkins every 24 hours.

I doubt I'll bother with any of the next gen consoles. I'll just play the ports. For a few years after the release, the new consoles won't hold back PC gaming graphics as much, thats what I'm looking forward to.

News Comments > ROAM Dealing With "Legal Things"
18. Re: ROAM Dealing With Aug 8, 2013, 22:21 Dev

My guess is it could be either a good thing or bad thing.
For instance, it could be a threat about a trademark/copyright, and they can't talk about it until they get it all straightened out and what to name it.

Or it could be something like they are being sold or bought out, and they can't say anything until its all finalized.

In either case, they wouldn't be able to provide any info for a while, and if they end up signing an NDA to settle a trademark/copyright issue, they might not ever be able to talk specifics about what went down.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Aug 8, 2013, 22:14 Dev

SirKnight wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 21:23:
I like the ports of these new versions of Duke3D and Shadow Warrior. The other ports out there are good, but don't feel as polished to me as these. I'll be glad when they finally add multiplayer and linux versions.
Note that while there's a promise to add multiplayer to duke 3d on the store page, there's no such promise for shadow warrior.

News Comments > Valve Closes SF Satellite Office
6. Re: Valve Closes SF Satellite Office Aug 8, 2013, 22:12 Dev

There are indeed many benefits to working for Gabe and his "obsession" for employee health.

I've never heard of any other company willingly giving away IP or an office when employees left to form their own company, especially if it could be viewed as a competitor.

Kudos to valve for that.

I just wish they'd focus a little more on a few areas they've sadly neglected.

4. Re: On Beat Hazard Ultra's Success Aug 5, 2013, 23:12 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 22:06:
Jealous again
You could always try and make a game

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 5, 2013, 21:25 Dev

What a ripoff, no Van Gogh for $5 !  

2. Re: On Beat Hazard Ultra's Success Aug 5, 2013, 21:24 Dev

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 21:02:
Fun little game, if anyone's not tried it. Glad it did well for him!

Yep, I've enjoyed it too. I've tried a variety of music games and this is one of my favorite ones.

6686 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo