Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6712 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
32. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 23:09 Dev

Panickd wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 23:04:
Wow that lot's of cynicism and negativity... from people who never intended to buy into or play the game. Shocking!
You mean like me? How I pledged to it in the KS? How I upgraded a ship a while back?
I bet there's a few others in here too who have expressed doubts and *gasp* dropped at least $30 on it anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 18:30 Dev

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 16:20:
Also whats this new shit about subscriptions?
They added some subscriptions for people who want to get more dev updates, or some such. So far, its not for the game yet. But who knows. Its still early days.
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 18:18:
They are almost guaranteed to nail the single player (squadron 42). Chris Roberts and quite a few of the current team have been there and done that. They will be bringing back the space soap opera in style. No doubt about it.
One would hope yes, thats why I backed it. But who knows. I'm not quite that confidant.

5. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 15:23 Dev

1000 credits = $1 according to the incgamers link

Sure makes that 2000 credits I got from backing the KS seem puny. $2 worth of creds? They don't even have anything in the shop as low as that. They lowest item is 5000. The buggy is 20k, thats $20.

They should at least offer something that I can spend my 2000 creds on.

4. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 15:15 Dev

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 14:53:
Funny, that $275 dollar Rear Admiral package sure looks like P2W to me.
I know, right?
Despite all the denials, it sure seems to me like its P2W. Just because they offer in game ways of getting the stuff, doesn't mean its not a P2W. It just means they are generous in letting you earn the stuff.
All the MMO stuff and P2W stuff, I dont see how they are going to be able to offer people the promised private servers.

And they are offering some form of subscriptions already. Granted its not for the game (yet?) but they exist.

Plus, I mostly am interested in single player anyway, and I hope thats not mostly an afterthought as they are making the game.

From the start I've had my doubt but I backed it at the lowest level because its Chris Roberts and Privateer was a INCREDIBLY AWESOME game. Anyway, I still have hopes, but not much has allayed my doubts.
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 15:12:
Whether it's paying to win or not is irrelevant; since when does anybody launch their cash shop before the game even exists? I really hope the sad, strange little cult of followers here are beginning to realize how blatantly they're being exploited...
If people will line up to hand them money, why in the world would they NOT launch the cash shop early? Its a great business decision.
Doesn't mean I like it though.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Game Dev Tycoon
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Game Dev Tycoon Aug 31, 2013, 03:42 Dev

I'm having fun with it.

Tip: If you start a new game, it gives you the option of remembering the stuff you learned from your last game (like what combos of topic/genres/platforms work well, etc).
So don't be too afraid of going bankrupt first couple times, like a lot of new game companies do

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2013, 11:08.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week
27. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 30, 2013, 00:05 Dev

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 21:26:
Dev wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 20:44:
OpticNerve wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 19:17:
I'm almost at the end of the campaign but I hope that they continue with the [blah blah spoilers blah blah]
Thanks for the spoilers. I haven't yet had time to try the game. Its not like there's that spoiler button or anything that blue has made available to hide them.

I figured that people knew about that since it's pretty heavily featured in the trailers and promos for the game. But I suppose that some people have completely avoided all of that so I apologize and have edited my original post.
I appreciate that, and apologize for how harsh my reply was. It just irks me when that kinda thing happens.

And yes, I've completely avoided trailers and promos. Not because I was trying to avoid spoilers, but because I didn't feel like taking the time and because I was sure I was going to get it anyway based on SR 3 And since I don't have time to play it right away, I didn't want to increase the "omg gotta play it now" factor when I couldn't

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Aug 30, 2013, 00:02 Dev

http://groupees.com/bamm
A build your own bundle of meridian4 games, anywhere from 40 cents to about 30 cents per game depending on how many you pick (low as 3 high as 27).
Note: While many games are steam, some are desura and some are standalone. Click a game in the top half to see what platform, click game in bottom half to add to bundle.
Also, even 3 games for $1 gets 5 bonus games on top of the 3.

22. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 20:44 Dev

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 19:17:
I'm almost at the end of the campaign but I hope that they continue with the [blah blah spoilers blah blah]
Thanks for the spoilers. I haven't yet had time to try the game. Its not like there's that spoiler button or anything that blue has made available to hide them.

19. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 19:36 Dev

Sounds like deep silver made a great decision to pick up that IP for the $28 mil they paid  

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 100 Titles
19. Re: Steam Greenlights 100 Titles Aug 29, 2013, 19:35 Dev

saluk wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 03:56:
Yeah I don't get what took them this long. And why 100. If you are going to do curation, do curation. If you aren't, just put a threshold on the damn thing and call it done.

Greenlight is so fricking weird.
Protip: Anything "weird" or lacking anyone sees about valve or any of their products or services is explained by one of these factors:
not fun and interesting
wheeled desks
flat/no management structure
gabe's "obsession" (his word) with employee health.

Curation isn't fun or interesting. Done.
Sorting through lots of drek to find a few good titles isn't fun or interesting, hence greenlight (they admitted as much in their press release about it). Done
Working on steam GUI (aka browse or letting you view library with categories that are already present in database) isn't fun or interesting. Done.
And since its flat/no management, no one to enforce getting any of the above done either.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty
20. Re: Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty Aug 29, 2013, 01:05 Dev

Anyone else see the obvious contradiction?
"There's demand and excitement each and every time out.
"But, we don't take anything for granted."

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 100 Titles
9. Re: Steam Greenlights 100 Titles Aug 29, 2013, 00:55 Dev

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 00:03:
Yeah, way too much crap. They need to get a lot more discriminating.
The point of the greenlight program was so valve wouldn't have to do the not fun and interesting work of sorting through it all themselves. Its accomplished that goal. Valve doesn't much care if a lot of it is kinda crappy, people voted on stuff and they put it on.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
73. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 27, 2013, 09:18 Dev

NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:41:
Dev wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 06:47:
Yet its one of the most popular news posts (going by popular thread list on the left). Thats probably why its posted on bluesnews.

It's posted on Blue's because it's a popular post on Blue's? I get your point but the way you state it is hilariously circular.
Yes but in reality it is kinda a circular feedback loop. The subject matter (GTA 5) is popular (even among PC gamers) so he posts news on it, and that probably increases the interest, meaning he will post more on it.

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
59. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 06:47 Dev

Quinn wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 15:45:
This really isn't PC news yet, until it is. So I wonder when Blue decides whether it is and isn't.

I, for one, am not that sure GTAV will come out to PC. To me, it's abundantly clear that RS has something against the PC. I'm sure they cursed the PC and it's community for the issues and complaints GTAIV had and got, ie.

Every time I read GTAV news on Bluesnews, it's a surge of false hope: I'm conditioned to consider Bluesnews' news to be PC news, and logically so.
Yet its one of the most popular news posts (going by popular thread list on the left). Thats probably why its posted on bluesnews.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 26, 2013, 06:42 Dev

Nucas wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 00:23:
50 large so some guys can make a ten minute half life movie. jesus christ.
Which is about 10% of the time length of a normal movie, yet much less than 10% of the cost of one.
I've liked their previous fan videos, but not to the extent that I'm willing to give them money for it.

Here's the previous ones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyUNs7eNhs
From one of the descriptions: "Valve flew the brothers out to Seattle last year. and mentioned they were 'blown away' by the project on Steam. "

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2013, 16:39 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 15:45:
As for "single serve coffee", I grind my coffee daily. That Keurigs crap is just that, crap. My six year actually decided he wanted to do it, so he did it for me this morning. Good coffee is not that hard people.
Its also possible to get a refillable keurig sized cup that you can put fresh ground coffee into.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2013, 14:39 Dev

Blue, you disconnect the battery every time? Dang thats gotta be a pain.
A quick google and sure enough, there's such a thing as a battery cut off switch:
amazon link

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 24, 2013, 16:06 Dev

Blaming it on of course on that little insignificant cut called the sequestration.  

News Comments > Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects
13. Re: Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects Aug 24, 2013, 12:21 Dev

Translation:
"We are still milking the player base for subs, it needs to drop quite a bit more than 30% before we change over to F2P. In the meantime we are still raking in the dough"

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
33. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 21:47 Dev

Was anyone really surprised by this?  

6712 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo