Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6696 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
14. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 11, 2013, 00:18 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 12:14:
Win 8.1 does not bring back the start menu.. it brings back the start BUTTON and ONLY the button, not the functionality of the start menu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNbQT9eVt8

Yes, that is another epic fail Although I think stardock is very happy about that. ^^
LOL thats hilarious. I didn't know the details because I care that little for win 8, I don't really care what little tweaks MS plans. But just bringing back the BUTTON and none of the functionality!!!? LOL classic MS

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
9. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 11, 2013, 00:14 Dev

wtf_man wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 21:17:
That said, I'd buy 8 if there is a mod that spruces up the graphics some... nothing to radical... but at least Return to Castle Wolfenstien (Quake 3 engine) level.
Oh? You mean like these mods?
http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm
One of them mentions he's recently retextured almost the entire game over 2 years of work.
I didn't read the rest, since I don't have the game and I've never played it.
I also didn't look for screenshots.

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
5. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 02:49 Dev

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:08:
Cool. Congrats Derek.

GalCiv 3?
I agree, congrats are in order. They went from the verge of bankruptcy to being healthy enough to expand significantly.
I'm going to guess this is from a few factors:
They dumped their own distribution platform off on Gamestop. They weren't really big enough compared to the others to keep running it at healthy profit.
They joined steam. Finally, I can get stardock games on steam. I've rebought nearly all that have come up in fact when they go on sale. They didn't join steam earlier because it was competing with impulse, but now that that's not a problem, they are getting many more sales.
They fixed up the elemental stuff from what I can tel.

And finally (this may be the biggest of all) start8 to return the start menu from windows 8. This is hugely popular. Hopefully they've leveraged that enough so that they won't crater after 8.1 comes out.

And yes, I would love to see a new galciv

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2013, 07:08 Dev

Slashman wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 11:07:
Dev wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:54:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 09:49:
Week 3 no Skyrim. The world is a darker place....

Well, I am fairly sure every human being on earth has a copy of Skyrim at this point.
I finally broke down and got it I think at $15 or $20. Then I had to wait for the DLC to go on sale. No idea why they didn't make more DLC for it, its like printing gold I bet.

Not sure they could do anything else that mods haven't covered. Plus there is the fact that PS3 apparently can't handle the game well so making DLC for it(which I think they HAVE to do if they make it for everyone else) would likely not be pleasant or easy.
The mods covering something isn't really a factor. For instance, there's mods covering your own home, probably some of the first ones. And they've released hearthfire DLC about your own home. Official DLC is always going to be more important to many people than its equivalent mod.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: GOG Linux Sep 8, 2013, 10:56 Dev

Shok wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:09:
Luckily, wine is pretty damn good for installing a fair number of GOG games. And even the native linux DOSBOX client helps.
Native dosbox eh? Nice. GoG could for minimal effort test a bunch of games on the native dos box and just mark them on the store as to if they will work on it. Same with Wine. Or, they could have some sorta community effort, where people vote on if it works with dosbox/wine and if the yes votes outnumber the no votes, have a penguin on the page. They can throw a disclaimer up about how its not officially supported etc just to cover their behind.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2013, 10:54 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 09:49:
Week 3 no Skyrim. The world is a darker place....

Well, I am fairly sure every human being on earth has a copy of Skyrim at this point.
I finally broke down and got it I think at $15 or $20. Then I had to wait for the DLC to go on sale. No idea why they didn't make more DLC for it, its like printing gold I bet.

News Comments > Irrational Layoffs
4. Re: Irrational Layoffs Sep 5, 2013, 18:11 Dev

For a while I was beginning to wonder if they would ever bother to put out any DLC for the season pass I got  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Sep 5, 2013, 09:52 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 01:10:
Dev wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 00:09:
I've also purchased from them.

Protip: This is a GREAT site:
http://isthereanydeal.com/

I've perused that site before... apparently quite awhile ago, it seems to have a lot more going for it now. I'll make a point of checking it more often, but it does seem... dangerous. I've been whittling down my sales games pile, but between these humble bundles and now Bundle Star, it's basically a lost cause.

Oh well, time to add dozens more titles to Steam.
Also if someone doesn't want to create yet another account for some place, it can be used as a one off kinda help. Like "OMG I MUST HAVE THIS GAME NAO WHERE IS THE BEST PRICE" kinda situations. Once you click on a game, it can show you the price chart history, and whats the lowest its ever been anywhere, or from a particular store, and what it is now, etc.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
3. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 09:50 Dev

Valve,
Please tell me that random people who are NOT my friends can't send me trade requests. Because I get enough friends invites from people who are only wanting my Bill's hat already.
RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:44:
Tim wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:28:
I want to trade games, or give them away to friends when I no longer need them.

Please?

Unfortunately that is up to the publishers, not Valve or Steam. Also, Valve allowing game trading is probably not really in their best interest either. With AAA games going as cheap as two bucks on sale nowadays I'm not sure they are worth trading.
And there's another twist too, the whole germany thing and used games. Who knows whats going to happen there.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
35. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 5, 2013, 00:18 Dev

Prez wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 21:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 17:49:
This has nothing at all to do with Homeworld.

Thank you. So disappointed.
Though I have not looked into it, I think he was referring to the fraud stuff.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 5, 2013, 00:09 Dev

I've also purchased from them.

Protip: This is a GREAT site:
http://isthereanydeal.com/
It can tell you or email you when things go on sale an its incredibly configurable. For instance, you could have it notify you only when origin stuff goes on sale, or only when steam stuff goes on sale from GMG (since they often have better deals than steam nowadays), or only notify you when a new best ever lowest price happens. You can import your steam wishlist, or manually build a wishlist. It can email notify you on a frequency you choose, I have it set once a day, but it can be set to instantly or whatever.
It can notify you about bundles too, I found out about bundles I didn't even know existed, such as the bundle stars stuff.

I LOVE THIS THING.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2013, 00:44 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 09:06:
Am I missing something? Vault Hunter Pack 2 is out for Borderlands 2 today, but it isn't anywhere to be bought?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/224180/

News Comments > Gearbox Livestream Subscription Plus Bonuses
21. Re: Gearbox Livestream Subscription Plus Bonuses Sep 4, 2013, 00:42 Dev

Tim Collins wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 14:51:
What is this some test scenario to see how far gamers will bend over :-P
Thats called "star citizen"

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted
3. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarted Sep 4, 2013, 00:37 Dev

ViRGE wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:28:
nin wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 20:58:
I'm still a little surprised (yet excited) it's doing so well...two stretch goals are already down, and it's still trucking along.
It'll slow down after $1.5M as the initial campaign pop wanes, but I fully expect they'll hit $2.5M (or more) by the end.
I dunno, they haven't added physical copies yet which a lot of people are begging for in the comments (people are offering to pay $75 and up for one). And they say they will do stretch goals on PS4/xbone and/or PSP/DS if they get enough interest.
If they hit enough widespread interest I could see it getting $5m or $10m. And did you see all the cool fan art that is already on the updates? LOTS of people are interested in this.
Here's a link to one of the updates with lots of fan art:
[url=]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/588461[/url]

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
48. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 17:03 Dev

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 16:29:
Why doesn't everyone play on free private WoW servers?
That would be because last time a bunch of people tried, Blizzard sued them for breaking the ToS that forbids that and got close to a $100 million judgement.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
4. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 2, 2013, 16:58 Dev

Taskeen wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 16:43:
And why is Gearbox gobbling up all these IP's.
They bought Homeworld at the THQ auction, hardly gobbling. This company wanted to make a rethemed homeworld clone, and now they've made a deal with gearbox to make the actual thing.

News Comments > On Star Citizen's $17M Haul
40. Re: On Star Citizen's $17M Haul Sep 2, 2013, 13:39 Dev

gray wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 08:53:
Chris Roberts has always said at $20m it would be completely crowd funded and he would prefer to go this route as to not be beholden to private investors.
By then it will be too late to change all this MMO, P2W stuff. I'm convinced this heavy focus on all that was initially coerced by the funding source, since things like F2P and P2W are hot in private funding right now.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Sep 1, 2013, 17:11 Dev

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 13:32:
Taskeen wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 07:55:

I wish Gearbox had never acquired the Duke Nukem or Aliens license period.

And just think we still haven't seen how they will rape the Homeworld license!
Oh crap, I'd forgotten about that.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 16:32 Dev

Aero wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 11:35:
I like the idea behind "You Need a Budget" (so far as I understand it). I probably could have used accounting software designed specifically for people living barely above hand-to-mouth when I was younger. All of my actual "accounting" could probably have been taken care of on a 10 line spreadsheet, so I just kept it in my head. It worked out in the end, but I was at any given time and at best a couple unexpected thousand dollars away from being completely screwed.
One of the nice things about YNAB is you just start using it. It tells you not to worry about digging up all those past expenses. Just run it and start on that day. After you go a month, it will have a good outlook on what your finances are like, and you will have a better grasp on things as time goes on. I mean it will let you put in your car insurance from 3 months ago, but its much less intimidating if you just start it from TODAY. So its not a huge amount of work. Its just you putting in today's bills.
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 26, 2013, 08:03:
When they push the envelope this far just because they can, THQ deserves all the crap they get about this game.
If parents don't want their kids playing stuff with mature content (and they have every right to have the choice to not want that), maybe they shouldn't buy them games marked with M on the cover?
Some people like games like GTA or SR, whats wrong with letting those people play them? If YOU PERSONALLY don't want to play it, hey more power to you.

They had 1 million sales in first week (triple the SR3 numbers) so its not like there's zero demand for this kinda thing.

Protip: THQ is gone and dead. Bankrupt. Deep Silver bought the IP at auction, and they are the ones who released SR4.
I dunno if your hate for this game is from a general hate of THQ or not, but if so, they are dead. You can celebrate now.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2013, 16:43.

News Comments > Mega Man-Inspired Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter
7. Re: Mega Man-Inspired Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter Sep 1, 2013, 16:11 Dev

Lots more than just Keiji Inafune project lead (who has been involved with 30 megamans, including all the main series ones, going all the way back to the original). There's a level designer, an artist, a musician, etc all involved in past megaman games.

This KS is definitely going on my short list.

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 15:13:
I guess console owners won't cough up money for Kickstarters though, or at least not enough.
I'm guessing its more of licensing issues. Like would MS/sony let a game on a console that was kickstarted? I'm guessing not before it was finished or a publishing deal signed. And even if I was a console fan, I sure as heck wouldn't fund a console KS that didn't have commitments up front on the KS page that they had all the agreements signed to get it onto the console. Otherwise it would be more of a "yes fund us please, and after its done we will see if MS/sony will give us the ok to get on the console, and if not, too bad we will have spent all your money"

Note: I'm referring to console games in general on KS.
This specific megaman-esque game is for PC's and its already half way to its goal.

6696 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo