Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6688 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 00:00 Dev

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 21:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:25:
Couldn't pass up Infinite for 13 bucks.

Steam didn't email me that it was on sale and I missed it!
Oh well I'm sure come Christmas time it'll hit that price again, plus I have about 100 other things I'll play before I get to it.
That's why I check the steam page almost every day. Also, if you use www.isthereanydeal.com its got a great way to sync with your steam wishlist and then notify you when things are on sale. I have it set to email me once a day with all the sales, but its hugely configurable on frequency and what kinda sales it emails you.
Plus, THAT ENHANCED STEAM CHROME PLUGIN! THAT is what steam should be like. FAR FAR easier to tell what games and DLC I already own. Previously I had to add all DLC to my cart to see WTF I owned, and that was a huge pain if a game had 20 DLC. And it tells if I or someone else has things wishlisted, etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 6, 2013, 20:14 Dev

Iurand wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 19:58:
If by X--Wing, you mean Freespace and Nexus...
They tried for another nexus. The kickstarter didn't get funded.
I think they tried on another site too, it still didn't happen.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 19:19 Dev

peteham wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 18:26:
25% off with one of those weekend coupons I've been getting mailed to me once a week lately.
I don't get those, I wonder how I can start? lol

Unless you mean the ones on their blog. For contractual reasons they sometimes don't work on USA versions of certain games like x-com, are you outside the USA?

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2013, 19:37.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 14:55 Dev

Wash Washburne wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:31:
XCOM: Enemy Within for $29.99....no thank you. Greedy price hiking makes me sad a little inside.
If its a full sized expansion like it claims, $30 isn't bad, that's the normal price of an expansion to a $50 game.
Firaxis has also had great success doing civ 5 expansions for that much, so its not exactly a price hike for them.

I've not looked into specifically what they are including in this expansion, so I dont know if its justified or not. But I imagine waiting a few weeks one could just use a 20% or 25% off coupon from GMG on it, or wait for the christmas steam sale.

Now blizzard charging $40 for their SC2 expansion seems a bit much to me.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2013, 15:02.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode a "Possibility"
15. Re: SimCity Offline Mode a Oct 4, 2013, 21:18 Dev

They said the SAME THING before the game was released to try and placate people upset about it then.

Until they ACTUALLY HAVE IT IN THE GAME, I'm not going to listen.

Quboid wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 17:15:
this is something that many of our players have been asking for

Really? Have they? They've been asking for offline mode? Is that so?
LOL good catch. Weren't they saying before the release that no one would care or be impacted and everyone had internet?

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2013, 21:25.

News Comments > SimCity Modding Discussion
9. Re: SimCity Modding Discussion Oct 1, 2013, 20:55 Dev

protip EA: If you really wanted this, you should have started from the beginning, not decided to tack something on at an arbitrary time since you see your player numbers dropping.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 24, 2013, 07:46 Dev

LOL, RS has had garage problems in more than one past GTA. Haven't they fixed that yet?  

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2013, 02:39 Dev

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2013, 12:35:
I'd be curious how much steam numbers dropped, if any, starting at about midnight last Tuesday.

If you had checked within 2 days of that, you would have found out:
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

News Comments > Flight of the Amazon Queen for Free
4. Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen for Free Sep 21, 2013, 11:22 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 04:04:
GOG is now offering free games for free! Hooray!
Protip: Goto GoG and browse games, click sort to free.
http://www.gog.com/games##price=free
Get all the free games added to your account.

GoG changes up the free games sometimes, or has limited times where something is free, so always add them when they have them :). As someone mentioned, star gunner was last week. Blue typically has a blurb when they have a new free game, but I also check occasionally. Right now there's a few ultima games and some other ones.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 21, 2013, 11:11 Dev

DangerDog wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 23:48:
I doubt there's much trickle down for that $1b to the people working on the low end of the stick, incoming complaints from the main voice actors about not getting paid enough.
At this point, its not a mystery that a GTA game would make huge money. The voice actors are free to change their terms for working on something like that if they think they are getting a raw deal. Of course rockstar is also free to decline that change and hire someone cheaper.
The voice actors accepted the pay rate, so...

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
21. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 20, 2013, 09:33 Dev

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 01:38:
that has more than 2 million players worldwide

I call big, fatass bullshit on that one. Of course, to the publisher, people who bought the game and AREN'T playing it anymore are the best customers possible.
Yep! I'm sure that number is the total sales they've done (most of which probably only saw the word "simcity" and thought it would be like past games and not online only). I'm sure only a tiny fraction are actively playing it still.
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 09:23:
I'd rather raise a family with Miley Cyrus.
Careful, she might take you up on that. The way she has been acting, any random stranger would do.

News Comments > CLANG Kickstarter Goes Clunk
12. Re: CLANG Kickstarter Goes Clunk Sep 20, 2013, 01:25 Dev

It was my understanding that the original KS wasn't even for a game, it was more for a platform that could be made into a game later. Are they saying that the funding wasn't even enough to create that? Disappointing.
Don't artificially set a goal low because you just "know" you will get way more than you ask for. Also, don't set a goal with an assumption that surely publishers will line up for you and throw you money so you can finish it. Get that stuff lined up FIRST. Get the publishers to say in advance "hey we'll be happy to do funding, if you get the first 500,000 and 10,000 people buying in". I've seen a few KS go like that, so I KNOW it can be done.
It also sounds like they spent way too much time on personal visits and personal communications with book fans who didn't care about the game. Don't promise those kinda rewards if you aren't going to be able to deliver them without taking focus away from your project.

News Comments > SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced
9. Re: SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Announced Sep 20, 2013, 01:17 Dev

Did they ever get around to fixing the original game yet? I know they had a few patches, but last I heard there were still many problems.

This one doesn't have the size upgrades, but I'm sure they are coming.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
32. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 19:24 Dev

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 19:22:
I'm ok with it if they also involve refunds. If you bought 3 months and only used one, refund cash on the 2. Prorate DLC over 6 or 12 months and refund.
Since when did a steam or EA or SOE ban involve refunds?

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
1. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 09:19 Dev

A new hire has his wheeled desk doing greenlight?  

News Comments > New EA CEO
28. Re: New EA CEO Sep 18, 2013, 20:53 Dev

MattyC wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 07:57:
To be fair, SWTOR could have probably been a pretty decent single player (possibly with co-op?) game. I was fine with a Mass Effect influenced KOTRy game. They just mucked it up with all the MMO stuff :/
Yes and I'm very afraid that same thing will happen with star citizen.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
48. Re: Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed Sep 18, 2013, 00:24 Dev

Where is the kitchen sink?
SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 13:17:
honestly, if they do get to the stretch goal of salvage space person then that would definitely be something that I would be interested in.
If?? When they hit their last million in like a week or so, what makes you think it will be an if?
SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:36:
well, when the new stretch goal is to become Space Station janitor, I'm all in. I figure I might as well excel at something I'm good at , & I can plunge a toilet like no other.

hey, a guy can dream!
That new kickstarted game by the space quest guys is coming along pretty well btw.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2013, 00:30.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
63. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 00:15 Dev

How about just killing the RMAH and leaving the gold one alone? I don't trust your loot rolling even if you revamp it.
I wonder if I should go back and level up a character and get the good stuff now while I still can off the auction houses. I played the game for like a week before I gave up on it.

Actually I am surprised they are giving up the RMAH. Have they made most of the profit they think they can squeeze out of it?

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2013, 00:22.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Metro Last Light Developer Pack
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Metro Last Light Developer Pack Sep 18, 2013, 00:12 Dev

This actually sounds like an interesting DLC, unlike some of these games with literally 30 or 50 DLC packs that have nothing but a skin.  

News Comments > New EA CEO
13. Re: New EA CEO Sep 18, 2013, 00:11 Dev

He was honest about one item:
Instilling a culture of execution

6688 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo