Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6704 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
26. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 09:21 Dev

PHJF wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:41:
Routinely blue screened my system via my x-fi sound card. Wasn't alone.
Greeeeat.
I have one too, looks like I should wait to play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
29. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 23:53 Dev

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:04:
Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:55:
Omni wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:55:
The service of GOG is fucking amazing.

Although their humor leaves rather much to be desired.

What do you mean?

Mostly like the "We are no longer *beta* GoG and so *beta* GoG will shut down" prank a while ago.
Except they left the *beta* part out of the whole thing, until it was over. So they were saying "GoG will shut down"
And their video apology was offensive, condescending, and amounted basically to "you idiots have no sense of humor"

It took a long time until I bought anything from them again. And anytime I have a choice between them and steam, I buy from steam.

28. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 23:52 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 20:55:
I've heard GOG and Steam have pulled the game and basically the company is now defunct.
At least for GOG, the pulling would seem to be voluntary on the part of the dev.
http://www.gog.com/news/release_dark_matter
Note: Following some discussions with Iceberg Interactive, we have been asked to remove Dark Matter for sale while the developer addresses the fact that the game's ending has some problems. The game will remain available for download for anyone who has already bought it. The developers have stated that they are working on a patch as a solution to this, and as we mentioned yesterday, anyone who wants a refund on their copy of their game is free to contact Support and we'll take care of you. Our apologies about this, and we hope that this helps address the problem. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Next Fall
6. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 23:47 Dev

I'd buy sims 3 if I could get the COMPLETE package with everything ever released ever under $100.
As long as its going to cost me $1000 or WTF ever, no way.

Parias wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:25:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:58:
Hey! Why don't you make it online only. We see how well that worked out for you! Pfft jackasses!

Actually....

The disastrous launch of SimCity is over and done with. Emerging from the wreckage with two million sales and counting, Electronic Arts is considering allowing the game to be played offline like many of us originally wanted. Speaking to GamesBeat, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said what we were thinking: that the backlash resulted, at least partially, in The Sims 4 being announced as a "single-player, offline experience."

"In the last few months, we have started making changes to the business practices that gamers clearly don't like," said Gibeau. "In the spring, we dropped our online pass program for consoles -- both next-generation and current-generation. We listened to the feedback on SimCity and decided that The Sims 4 would be built as a single-player, offline experience."
Wow is this a first? EA listening to their customers? And people here say complaining never does anything.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:35 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.
I know there's an achievement for 100% non lethal playthrough.

News Comments > Monaco Adds Free Content
7. Re: Monaco Adds Free Content Oct 22, 2013, 17:31 Dev

Thats a chunk of free content. Nice of them!  

19. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 16:55 Dev

Omni wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:55:
The service of GOG is fucking amazing.
Although their humor leaves rather much to be desired.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3: Into the Future
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3: Into the Future Oct 22, 2013, 16:53 Dev

LOL blue  

News Comments > Red Baron Remake Kickstarter
4. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 16:36 Dev

Wow, I loved that game!!

And this company is led by Damon Slye who did things at dynamix like the original game, stellar 7, etc. And the original DEATHTRACK!! OMG I LOVED THAT!

But persistent multiplayer and MOBA? Similar to star citizen, sounds like they are trying to throw everything thats hot right now into it.

I think I'll wait until it comes out.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 16:32 Dev

Dang decent of them to offer it for $5 to those who already have everything.

Also, they finally fixed the boss fights? Nice! That was the one huge complaint that the game forced you to play a particular way in those sequences.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 20, 2013, 21:06 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 18:08:
Stanley Parable is awesome! I wouldn't really call it a game though... I have no idea what I'd call it! It's a lot of fun for three hours.

wtf. Steam says I played 11 hours. There's NO way that's correct.
If you left it running overnight, it counts that.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2013, 16:00 Dev

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 14:32:
I still disagree with you guys. If someone is still actively using a copyright, why should it lapse?

The argument is typically that it would encourage innovation - why would allowing some guy to make a Mario game encourage innovation? Yeah, I know the argument is that Nintendo couldn't keep kicking out Mario games because the brand would be so diluted that they'd need to come up with new characters.

But why? For one, we'd get an endless flood of shitty Mario games, which seems to help no one. For another, shouldn't we be encouraging the people, like the guy here, that are making cool Mario games to instead innovate and create their own characters?
All that would still be protected if it was shorter. Still don't see the need for 100 year copyright.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video
3. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 19, 2013, 15:56 Dev

More alpha testing is one of the better goals I've seen, because this is going to need it. With the money they are pulling in, they can spent a million on a dedicated testing team and not miss it.  

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
29. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 02:51 Dev

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 01:41:
Dev wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 00:06:
Undoubtedly its something with win 8.1 and xBone. Probably something along the lines of "you upgrade to 8.1 or you can't even play the games we sponsor"
Considering the lack of support for GFWL, not only from developers but gamers I'm surprised that it lasted as long as it did. It's easy to shoehorn people into something when it's your market, but when the market is what people decide they want to put up with, then things change quickly.
Well with the new directx requiring windows 8.1, wouldn't surprise me if MS started sponsoring games if they require that crap. More shoehorning ahead.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
61. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 18, 2013, 00:21 Dev

NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:23:
Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:06:
Slinkycatz wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 21:15:
Every day hundreds are signing up... it has been a slow uptick of the # of people signing up every day. It is not just the USA but all over the world.

I just don't believe that 2000 people are signing up every day for $77 a piece, and keep on doing this so day after day after week after week after month after month. Not when no other Kickstarter has gotten even anywhere near those numbers of people. Yet Roberts keeps adding a million dollars basically every week?

I'm pretty sure this is just investor money that they're pretending is crowdsourced.

I'm a Star Citizen backer, but I share your suspicions. I'm sorry, but crowd sourced titles like this follow a pretty consistent pattern with how the money comes in. You don't keep up steady and consistent gains over a long period of time.

If I had to guess, I'd say a certain amount of investor money was gained early on, and he's pretending that its rolling in slowly to keep the game in the press. Admittedly a bit of a tinfoil hat theory, but something is definitely fishy here.
That's like not believing that overpriced apple products are successful. Its hit a critical mass that has a life of its own now.

What is the motivation to fake the money to roll in like this? If he's faking, he's just ending up having to add more and more promised features. He can get press even without doing that.

He would have been far better off just relying on the KS and the $10 mil in private funds, if it was fake. Then he wouldn't need to promise features, and he could sell out to the investors and abandon the project and let someone else finish it.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2013, 00:29.

24. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 00:06 Dev

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 00:04:
I'm still a little amazed we're finally seeing the end of it's reign. Makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve next...
Undoubtedly its something with win 8.1 and xBone. Probably something along the lines of "you upgrade to 8.1 or you can't even play the games we sponsor"

21. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 17, 2013, 23:41 Dev

Its about time. I've bought them already on steam, but at least now I don't have to run extra layers of TOTAL CRAP such as gfwl
You know its crap if even MS doesn't keep it up.

Hey, you know all that talk from MS about rededicating themselves to PC over the last year or so? Maybe this is what they meant, by killing the crappy GFWL, LOL

News Comments > Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released
13. Re: Space Rangers HD: A War Apart Released Oct 17, 2013, 23:18 Dev

Doh, I just sent this in to blue.

Anyway, here's what I put in my email:

One of my fav games, Space Rangers 2, just got an overhaul with significant added content and graphics upgrade. Apparently they've had this in russian for a while, but just now got it professionally translated to english. I found out about it when I looked at the complete list of steam sale items. Its oddly not on the steam new releases list, apparently because its been avail only in russian regions until now. Which makes me wonder if I'm missing other games on steam lol.

steam link (has a 20% launch discount):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/214730/
Official site:
http://spacerangershd.com/
News post:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/10/hey-space-rangers-hd-is-out-soon/

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Early Access
10. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 17, 2013, 04:12 Dev

This was one of the games in the double fine amnesia fortnight that I was most hoping would be made into a full game. And it is!!!

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 17:51:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 17:47:
Reminds me of Startopia!!!!

Me too. Great little-known gem that one.
Man I love that game!!

Also Space Colony is another fun one.

Startopia arrived on steam recently:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243040
I've not tried to figure out what version is on steam, 1.01 was the last official patch, then there was 1.02 with shadows. I'm trying to remember what else there was... seems like there was a semi official mod with content add, but I could be misremembering.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 37 More Games
7. Re: Steam Greenlights 37 More Games Oct 17, 2013, 04:08 Dev

You can tell someone decided to park their desk at the greenlight station for a while This is what, the 3rd batch in a couple months?  

6704 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo