Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6686 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Early Access
10. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 17, 2013, 04:12 Dev

This was one of the games in the double fine amnesia fortnight that I was most hoping would be made into a full game. And it is!!!

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 17:51:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 17:47:
Reminds me of Startopia!!!!

Me too. Great little-known gem that one.
Man I love that game!!

Also Space Colony is another fun one.

Startopia arrived on steam recently:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/243040
I've not tried to figure out what version is on steam, 1.01 was the last official patch, then there was 1.02 with shadows. I'm trying to remember what else there was... seems like there was a semi official mod with content add, but I could be misremembering.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 37 More Games
7. Re: Steam Greenlights 37 More Games Oct 17, 2013, 04:08 Dev

You can tell someone decided to park their desk at the greenlight station for a while This is what, the 3rd batch in a couple months?  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
35. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 16, 2013, 08:59 Dev

I loved the previous galciv, and I'm sure this one will be good as well.

They are charging $100 for alpha because they saw what happened with planetary annihilation and various kickstarters and want to replicate it.
If they aren't going to run an actual kickstarter, IMHO they need to get it into steam early access to get the kinda sales that planetary annihilation did. And they may well plan that seeing as they've mentioned in the footnotes of the purchase page that the game is going to be delivered on steam.

A little rich for my blood personally, until I see more.

Note: They are only charging $40 to get it and have beta access which is more what I think I'll do.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2013, 00:42 Dev

MoonSpook wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 08:24:
nin wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 05:19:
Wow, planned to play a few minutes, and Steam says my first session was 102 minutes. Very addictive, highly recommended.

Same here. I picked it up, was going to have a quick bash before playing some more Hearthstone - two hours later I realised I really ought to go to bed.. GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA!
I know! Its so fun for some reason. Watch the let's play was a little meh... but playing it? For some reason the combination is much more fun to play than just watch.

News Comments > Console Emulation Through Steam
50. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 15, 2013, 00:39 Dev

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 10:00:
Nope. Never going to happen. Ever.
Then again, there's those sega arcade classics sold on steam.

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Superheroes Demo
5. Re: LEGO Marvel Superheroes Demo Oct 15, 2013, 00:36 Dev

DDI wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 20:26:
Just about every game that will be available on Steam shows up on the coming soon list. It's pretty close to release and there's no sign of it being available on Steam. There is one other Lego game for whatever reason was not released on Steam and is available for PC, the Pirates of the Caribbean game. So there's a precedent.
I think its due to publisher restrictions or some such. Lucasarts owns rights to star wars lego games, WB owns rights to batman lego games, etc. Its various companies, its not all telltale unfortunately.

News Comments > AR/VR Headset Kickstarter
7. Re: AR/VR Headset Kickstarter Oct 15, 2013, 00:34 Dev

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 23:22:
I have to wonder why she was fired.
I think there was stuff on blues with a little info about that.

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
29. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 19:21 Dev

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 14:47:
I am sure all five of those who use Linux as a gaming platform would be willing to hand over the money require to make a AAA title be Linux-compatible right out of the gate.

I kid. I kid.
You may think you kid but you are actually correct.
You ever look at the humble bundle numbers? Linux users average a higher donation the mac or windows users, though they do have a vastly smaller number of purchases.

23. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 13, 2013, 19:01 Dev

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 13:31:
lol, do you honestly expect anyone to get the roms legally? Stop insulting our intelligence, everyone downloads their roms, despite what you say. It's like those warez groups who put a little txt file that says "if you like this game, buy it and support the developers."

Emulation is piracy because everyone just pirates their ROMs.
And yet, there are guides on getting a rom extracted from an owned cartridge so one can legally have it.
Just because YOU do all that you said, doesn't mean that every single other person does too.
Incidentally, for games that don't have a demo, often the warez version is the best way to see if a game is enjoyable.
I don't do that much myself anymore because of steam, but though it may be rare, it does happen that it leads to actual sales.
bigspender wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 18:49:
anyone know if it allows for multiplayer via steamworks?
Since its mostly just a front end to add the shortcuts as a non steam game, no I wouldn't think so. But its a good idea, I suggest submitting it. If they can set it up as some form of overlay on the emulators, to transmit keypresses, it might even be doable.

10. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 13, 2013, 12:38 Dev

This appears to only be a front end. It mostly adds game listings into steam if you have ROMs in a specified folder. It also can pull emulators from other sources. It combines those two things into the game entries in steam so it launches the appropriate emulator with the rom.
So this is not an emulator, just a front end (which is why its such an impressive list, they aren't doing the emulators).

8. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 13, 2013, 12:35 Dev

The webpage says it uses 360 controller by default... which is fine, except I own a SNES to USB converter, I prefer to play with the original controller on games for SNES heh. Hopefully it can be adjusted.  

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
9. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 12:24 Dev

Maybe DICE needs to man up, work with AMD, and get mantle on linux along with BF4, since it won't need to require direct x in that case, it should theoretically be able to run native.  

7. Re: Console Emulation Through Steam Oct 13, 2013, 12:19 Dev

Julio wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 11:56:
This one's going to get shut down quickly. Steam really shouldn't be helping in piracy given their pro-DRM stance.
Emulation doesn't necessarily mean piracy. There are people who legally own copies of the cartridges or games that they then can use the ROMS for in emulators.
If they aren't distributing the roms, then they will likely be ok.

This has been hashed out years ago, which is why MAME is still around.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2013, 12:38.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
24. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 23:56 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 23:21:
I believe in Chris and Star Citizen, but let's not delude ourselves here, their servers will crash and burn HARD on release day. It's been like that with every single event or thing they released. They even joke about it and are open with the backers (if you stay in touch with the community). They know it, we know it, it'll be ok.

Buuuuuut. Since I backed the KS because I mostly wanted the single player, I'll be ok?
Right?
Right?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 8, 2013, 22:52 Dev

Narf2029 wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 21:43:
To be fair, lots of companies blow their launch day. In the grand scheme, it costs a lot to handle one day's extraordinarily high demand when you consider it will probably never need that much infrastructure again as usage smooths out and/or tapers off.
Which seems quite silly to me. I mean with the cloud, you can add temporary capacity pretty easy. Just have to design your front ends properly to scale for sharing and balancing.

I'm sure there's ways to rent stuff like this too.

And yet valve continually falls on their face in this area. I could understand content servers getting overloaded, but they never do. Its frequently their front end that chokes when they have big sales. They have so much information as to how much demand they have and how much it increases, yet they still never have enough.

News Comments > Activision Publishing Suing Worlds Online
17. Re: Activision Publishing Suing Worlds Online Oct 7, 2013, 07:25 Dev

Stimpack wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 13:07:
I was under the impression that this was some kind of online lawyer game.
Sounds like a KS project that could succeed.
Patent tycoon!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 7, 2013, 02:37 Dev

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 01:37:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 22:33:
(even limit theory /w its ONE! man team)

Two, actually. Josh hired an artist for the graphics. He does still do all the programming all by himself.
I'm in on that KS, he's making good progress.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 01:25 Dev

I did that too for someone who had it on their wishlist.

My biggest problem is most of the games that go on sale, people already own them yet or don't bother to put things on their wishlist. So many of my friends have blank wishlists or only like 4 items, that are all $50 each.

If you have an interest in a game, add it to your wishlist! Who knows, someone might end up getting it for you

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2013, 00:00 Dev

Ceribaen wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 21:27:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 14:25:
Couldn't pass up Infinite for 13 bucks.

Steam didn't email me that it was on sale and I missed it!
Oh well I'm sure come Christmas time it'll hit that price again, plus I have about 100 other things I'll play before I get to it.
That's why I check the steam page almost every day. Also, if you use www.isthereanydeal.com its got a great way to sync with your steam wishlist and then notify you when things are on sale. I have it set to email me once a day with all the sales, but its hugely configurable on frequency and what kinda sales it emails you.
Plus, THAT ENHANCED STEAM CHROME PLUGIN! THAT is what steam should be like. FAR FAR easier to tell what games and DLC I already own. Previously I had to add all DLC to my cart to see WTF I owned, and that was a huge pain if a game had 20 DLC. And it tells if I or someone else has things wishlisted, etc.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 6, 2013, 20:14 Dev

Iurand wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 19:58:
If by X--Wing, you mean Freespace and Nexus...
They tried for another nexus. The kickstarter didn't get funded.
I think they tried on another site too, it still didn't happen.

6686 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo