Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6696 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 10:02 Dev

Wait you mean MS is admitting they should have actually rededicated themselves to PC gaming, like they've said they are doing repeatedly in the past couple years?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
11. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 10, 2013, 23:40 Dev

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 22:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 16:49:
DanteUK wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 16:39:
Just more proof Windows 8 is intended for touch screen, they couldn't even be bothered to QA the mouse support!
Windows is dying.

7 is good for another 10 years.

Agreed, long enough to skip the turd that has been floating around most recently and hope that Windows 9 isn't more of the same.
MS's track record is good win, bad win, alternating, so its not a bad call to wait for win 9.

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
27. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 10, 2013, 18:20 Dev

Kawlisse wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 03:06:
For those requesting F2P in WoW it's easy, play on a private server. there are plenty of blizz like servers out there. And unlike what people think, it's not illegal.
Last I heard blizzard sued to get that kinda thing shut down for violating TOS
crypto wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 10:48:
Pretty sure I could almost operate Google with $100+ million/month... how many daily users.. 1 bln+?
I think you VASTLY underestimate the scope of what google does and uses to operate.
They run through $10 BILLION with a b, every 3 months as operating expenses.
I suggest starting here and reading it line by line out loud, to give a better idea of the scope:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2013, 18:25.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
14. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 12:42 Dev

Ventura wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 05:43:
Riker wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 23:17:
I signed up for the beta long ago, and have been in it for several weeks now. Super fun.

I did, too.

Bought a few packs, set up a few decks, and then it got boring. Fast.

It's not a bad game, but something tells me there are more of me around than there are of you
Plus its entering a saturated market for virtual collectible card based games. Maybe that won't matter with the brand name, but Magic is an even bigger name in that area.

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
2. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 12:23 Dev

Yeah, we are going to give up $100+ million a month steady income to go to the unknowns of F2P. SUUURE.  

News Comments > Blizzard Offers Free Blackthorne
8. Re: Blizzard Offers Free Blackthorne Nov 2, 2013, 08:08 Dev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WafqCyIwAWw
About 5 minutes of gameplay at the start of the game. Skip forward a few mins if you want to get into the meat of it.

Think original prince of persia 1/2 games, but with a neat cover system, and guns, and some other twists

A classic game, one which I enjoyed back in the day

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2013, 23:38 Dev

Good thing it was a few years ago. If it was now, the class action would probably just be forbidden because of contract terms.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2013, 07:53 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:07:
Dev wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:43:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 16:21:
The Mass Effect Trilogy is actually missing most of the DLC.
Actually, to be precise, thats not entirely a correct statement. From what I can tell, both ME1 and ME2 have all the DLC. Its ME3 that doesn't have much included. I think its the bigger DLC they don't include
And they have several DLC in the list that you can add into the account for free. Anytime I see free DLC, I always add it right then. Never know when they might start charging. Or like if its a limited time offer like the free SR4 GTA DLC thats was free for a couple days.

Not sure where you got your info from but the Mass Effect Trilogy is definitely missing most of the ME2 DLC. It doesn't include Lair of the Shadowbroker, Arrival, Overlord or Kasumi - Stolen Memory. Basically, all the DLC with any substance.

http://gamerant.com/mass-effect-trilogy-dlc/
My apologies, I saw it had a bunch and I hadn't played it, so I assumed it had most.
My bad.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 21:43 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 16:21:
The Mass Effect Trilogy is actually missing most of the DLC.
Actually, to be precise, thats not entirely a correct statement. From what I can tell, both ME1 and ME2 have all the DLC. Its ME3 that doesn't have much included. I think its the bigger DLC they don't include
And they have several DLC in the list that you can add into the account for free. Anytime I see free DLC, I always add it right then. Never know when they might start charging. Or like if its a limited time offer like the free SR4 GTA DLC thats was free for a couple days.

News Comments > The Killing Floor Halloween Event
5. Re: The Killing Floor Halloween Event Oct 24, 2013, 18:10 Dev

NOT correct that all mods are on sale
As is the usual practice with KF, all the old mods are on sale, the new ones aren't on sale yet.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Oct 24, 2013, 18:04 Dev

Its a lego game, I want them all  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Next Fall
18. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 24, 2013, 09:24 Dev

Spektr wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 08:32:
I was wondering the same thing.. After reading the super vague descriptions of the game's features I have no clue what sets this apart from previous games.
It has...

A FOUR!

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
26. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 24, 2013, 09:21 Dev

PHJF wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:41:
Routinely blue screened my system via my x-fi sound card. Wasn't alone.
Greeeeat.
I have one too, looks like I should wait to play.

News Comments > GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds
29. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 23:53 Dev

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:04:
Dev wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:55:
Omni wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:55:
The service of GOG is fucking amazing.

Although their humor leaves rather much to be desired.

What do you mean?

Mostly like the "We are no longer *beta* GoG and so *beta* GoG will shut down" prank a while ago.
Except they left the *beta* part out of the whole thing, until it was over. So they were saying "GoG will shut down"
And their video apology was offensive, condescending, and amounted basically to "you idiots have no sense of humor"

It took a long time until I bought anything from them again. And anytime I have a choice between them and steam, I buy from steam.

28. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 23:52 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 20:55:
I've heard GOG and Steam have pulled the game and basically the company is now defunct.
At least for GOG, the pulling would seem to be voluntary on the part of the dev.
http://www.gog.com/news/release_dark_matter
Note: Following some discussions with Iceberg Interactive, we have been asked to remove Dark Matter for sale while the developer addresses the fact that the game's ending has some problems. The game will remain available for download for anyone who has already bought it. The developers have stated that they are working on a patch as a solution to this, and as we mentioned yesterday, anyone who wants a refund on their copy of their game is free to contact Support and we'll take care of you. Our apologies about this, and we hope that this helps address the problem. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Next Fall
6. Re: The Sims 4 Next Fall Oct 22, 2013, 23:47 Dev

I'd buy sims 3 if I could get the COMPLETE package with everything ever released ever under $100.
As long as its going to cost me $1000 or WTF ever, no way.

Parias wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 23:25:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 21:58:
Hey! Why don't you make it online only. We see how well that worked out for you! Pfft jackasses!

Actually....

The disastrous launch of SimCity is over and done with. Emerging from the wreckage with two million sales and counting, Electronic Arts is considering allowing the game to be played offline like many of us originally wanted. Speaking to GamesBeat, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said what we were thinking: that the backlash resulted, at least partially, in The Sims 4 being announced as a "single-player, offline experience."

"In the last few months, we have started making changes to the business practices that gamers clearly don't like," said Gibeau. "In the spring, we dropped our online pass program for consoles -- both next-generation and current-generation. We listened to the feedback on SimCity and decided that The Sims 4 would be built as a single-player, offline experience."
Wow is this a first? EA listening to their customers? And people here say complaining never does anything.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut Oct 22, 2013, 17:35 Dev

ItBurn wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 16:42:
I didn't play the expansions, but I don't know if I want to play this again... Sure the boss fights sucked, but I got past them. Maybe I could try to do it without ever being seen/knocking anyone out.
I know there's an achievement for 100% non lethal playthrough.

News Comments > Monaco Adds Free Content
7. Re: Monaco Adds Free Content Oct 22, 2013, 17:31 Dev

Thats a chunk of free content. Nice of them!  

19. Re: GOG.Com offers Dark Matter Refunds Oct 22, 2013, 16:55 Dev

Omni wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:55:
The service of GOG is fucking amazing.
Although their humor leaves rather much to be desired.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3: Into the Future
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3: Into the Future Oct 22, 2013, 16:53 Dev

LOL blue  

6696 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo