Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6688 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
18. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 29, 2013, 09:37 Dev

NeOCidE wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 04:07:
Microsoft being first and foremost a software company, you'd be forgiven for thinking they'd have nailed the installation procedure. Sony really has upped its game going in to this gen. Incredible.
Have you USED their software?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
56. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 08:18 Dev

deqer wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 13:09:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 13:00:
"Battlefield 4 on Origin. Save 50%"

Well that was fast.

Because no one's buying it. No wants to buy Battlefield 3.5, especially so soon after BF3 and people are still enjoying BF3 and would like to continue enjoying BF3 for a lengthly time.
Well there's always the ultimate unlock kit for BF3, EA has that on sale for $20.
LOL

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
58. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 10:08 Dev

Creston wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 01:55:
Dev wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 23:52:
Also. ENHANCED STEAM. NOW.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/
Its a chrome extension, saves so much time and headaches. Does things like show what you own in lists (including DLC), and how many people on your friends list own or wishlist things, etc. And SO MUCH MORE.

Also, don't forget
http://www.isthereanydeal.com
You can login with your steam account and it can optionally email you (I have it set to once a day) when things on your wishlist go on sale. It also tells you where something is cheapest, and whats the historical lower price, shows bundles, etc etc.

To each their own, but... you're logging into third party websites with your Steam account details? So... whenever some schmuck at those websites decides to steal your shit, you've just given him free access to do just that.

That's not how it works. Think openid or facebook login. It connects to steam and you login through steam only, the website just gets the token, not your login.
In fact, steam actually uses the openid library. Here's some details on the API
http://steamcommunity.com/dev

Also, I checked again. The isthereanydeal site appears to only need your community link, and doesn't use the steam API to login (and of course your profile needs to be public for it to read it). I'd have to create a new account to verify 100%, but that seems to be the case from looking at the settings.

The enhanced steam plugin, not 100% sure one way or the other. Its been a while.

Probably, the sites that do use the steam API to log in were blurring in my memory with the sites that use just your profile link and your public profile info.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2013, 10:26.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
44. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 23:52 Dev

Since valve LOVES hiding the link of all items on sale when there's a sale and they screw with their front page (its like they don't want people to find all their sale items and make money or something), here it is:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

Also. ENHANCED STEAM. NOW.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/
Its a chrome extension, saves so much time and headaches. Does things like show what you own in lists (including DLC), and how many people on your friends list own or wishlist things, etc. And SO MUCH MORE.

Also, don't forget
http://www.isthereanydeal.com
You can login with your steam account and it can optionally email you (I have it set to once a day) when things on your wishlist go on sale. It also tells you where something is cheapest, and whats the historical lower price, shows bundles, etc etc.

Desalus wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:26:
Well that's quite strange TBH. Why would you spend money on a product that you already have? A lot of us are a little more frugal with our money than that.
DUDE! IT HAS LEGENDARY IN THE TITLE

Sometimes games get upgraded to the GOTY after they decide to stop selling the DLC. I bought the DLC separate from fallout NV, yet when I visit the ultimate edition page, it says I own it. So yeah, if you own everything, don't get the legendary, you will get upgraded to it after a couple years more than likely

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2013, 00:08.

News Comments > Amazon Sales All Week
5. Re: Amazon Sales All Week Nov 25, 2013, 09:34 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 25, 2013, 09:12:
Here is another website someone shared with me to keep track of games on sale and their price history.
http://isthereanydeal.com/
That and the enhanced steam plugin for chrome, makes it SO MUCH EASIER to see wtf I own.
Steam's UI is so incredibly poor at that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Redshirt
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 19:35 Dev

InBlack wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 06:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 06:07:
Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 06:02:
Wasn't this in alpha like a month ago?

=-Rigs-=

You don't need much of an alpha for something that is essential a game where you play using "facebook" in space. Addictive... but also Facebook. And you'd have to pay me to use facebook, in game or otherwise

Also a bit unrealistic if you ask me. Its not like you really get any career opportunities for 'liking' on facebook or linkedin and attending 'events'. Unless you are a sexy socialite with big tits and a plastic smile.
I think the point is to avoid the opportunities so you won't die
redshirt

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Redshirt
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Redshirt Nov 14, 2013, 03:49 Dev

Prez wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 20:43:
Positech is Cliffski and company, right? Anyway it looks amusing but $20 is a bit high for me considering what it offers. I'll wishlist it for now.
Same
Quboid wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 21:21:
It's developed by someone called The Tiniest Shark. I'm not sure what Positech has to do with it, is Cliffski a publisher now? Perhaps he funded the development.
Yeah, he is a publisher now. I think there's even been some stories on blues about it.
Edit: here's one
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/130390/redshirt-announced

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 13, 2013, 07:43 Dev

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 22:29:
Fallout 2? Is there anyone that doesn't own this by now? Seriously.

Dunno, but I think both you and blue made the mistake of assuming it was only FO2. Its actually the whole original trilogy of games, FO1, FO2 and the stepchild tactics thats on sale.

News Comments > 40 New Steam Greenlights
5. Re: 40 New Steam Greenlights Nov 13, 2013, 07:41 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 01:28:
Valve really needs to consider more factors when greenlighting games. For one, games that have already been released should get priority over games that haven't. Canceled games should be removed from Greenlight entirely and games that failed their Kickstarters should get lowest priority.
Come now! That would require actual uninteresting and fun work from valve. Remember their press announcement on greenlights release? They admitted the point of it was to reduce their workload.
nin wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 22:36:
I see CLANG is listed - wasn't that shelved?

edit: yep
They probably will be able to get a trickle of money to continue to do at least some development now. But I sure wouldn't touch it, probably until its actually released.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending
11. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 07:34 Dev

Kudos to them for continuing to work on this. They didn't have to.  

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year
27. Re: FTL: Faster Than Light Expansion Next Year Nov 12, 2013, 09:21 Dev

protip:
Add steam achievements, as I suggested BEFORE the game was released. I've seen gamers make a buy decision on steam based on that one feature before.

Though it was great of him to add all that free, IMHO, would have been smarter to charge for that big pack, and start releasing more regular smaller content adds for free. Wouldn't take hardly any time at all to add additional "events" to the game when you enter a sector. He could add a few a month and make people happy.

Also, I have ZERO friends on my steam friends list who have this on their wishlist. Though 55! of them already own it. Everytime this goes on a good sale, I look to see if anyone needs it since its a fun game.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 09:46.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2013, 10:25 Dev

Could be both. The tumble story is about sales in the UK. Or maybe people are waiting for the new console.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 10:02 Dev

Wait you mean MS is admitting they should have actually rededicated themselves to PC gaming, like they've said they are doing repeatedly in the past couple years?  

News Comments > Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix
11. Re: Windows 8.1 Mouse Fix Nov 10, 2013, 23:40 Dev

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 22:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 16:49:
DanteUK wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 16:39:
Just more proof Windows 8 is intended for touch screen, they couldn't even be bothered to QA the mouse support!
Windows is dying.

7 is good for another 10 years.

Agreed, long enough to skip the turd that has been floating around most recently and hope that Windows 9 isn't more of the same.
MS's track record is good win, bad win, alternating, so its not a bad call to wait for win 9.

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
27. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 10, 2013, 18:20 Dev

Kawlisse wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 03:06:
For those requesting F2P in WoW it's easy, play on a private server. there are plenty of blizz like servers out there. And unlike what people think, it's not illegal.
Last I heard blizzard sued to get that kinda thing shut down for violating TOS
crypto wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 10:48:
Pretty sure I could almost operate Google with $100+ million/month... how many daily users.. 1 bln+?
I think you VASTLY underestimate the scope of what google does and uses to operate.
They run through $10 BILLION with a b, every 3 months as operating expenses.
I suggest starting here and reading it line by line out loud, to give a better idea of the scope:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2013, 18:25.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
14. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 12:42 Dev

Ventura wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 05:43:
Riker wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 23:17:
I signed up for the beta long ago, and have been in it for several weeks now. Super fun.

I did, too.

Bought a few packs, set up a few decks, and then it got boring. Fast.

It's not a bad game, but something tells me there are more of me around than there are of you
Plus its entering a saturated market for virtual collectible card based games. Maybe that won't matter with the brand name, but Magic is an even bigger name in that area.

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
2. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 12:23 Dev

Yeah, we are going to give up $100+ million a month steady income to go to the unknowns of F2P. SUUURE.  

News Comments > Blizzard Offers Free Blackthorne
8. Re: Blizzard Offers Free Blackthorne Nov 2, 2013, 08:08 Dev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WafqCyIwAWw
About 5 minutes of gameplay at the start of the game. Skip forward a few mins if you want to get into the meat of it.

Think original prince of persia 1/2 games, but with a neat cover system, and guns, and some other twists

A classic game, one which I enjoyed back in the day

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 29, 2013, 23:38 Dev

Good thing it was a few years ago. If it was now, the class action would probably just be forbidden because of contract terms.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2013, 07:53 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 22:07:
Dev wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 21:43:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 16:21:
The Mass Effect Trilogy is actually missing most of the DLC.
Actually, to be precise, thats not entirely a correct statement. From what I can tell, both ME1 and ME2 have all the DLC. Its ME3 that doesn't have much included. I think its the bigger DLC they don't include
And they have several DLC in the list that you can add into the account for free. Anytime I see free DLC, I always add it right then. Never know when they might start charging. Or like if its a limited time offer like the free SR4 GTA DLC thats was free for a couple days.

Not sure where you got your info from but the Mass Effect Trilogy is definitely missing most of the ME2 DLC. It doesn't include Lair of the Shadowbroker, Arrival, Overlord or Kasumi - Stolen Memory. Basically, all the DLC with any substance.

http://gamerant.com/mass-effect-trilogy-dlc/
My apologies, I saw it had a bunch and I hadn't played it, so I assumed it had most.
My bad.

6688 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo