Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6704 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
36. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2013, 03:14 Dev

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 22:18:
I did not know you could import your wishlist into Any Deal, so scratch that.
Yes, and get notified on a highly configurable basis things like "lowest ever price on items on my wishlist" or whatever. I have it set to email me once a day, which helps keep an eye on bundles and sales.
Jerykk wrote on Dec 23, 2013, 22:46:
I'm just amazed that there are people out there who still don't own Skyrim.

Also, the community sales are really annoying. People always vote for games that have already had the exact same discount many times before. Even if I'm not interested in a particular game, I will vote for it if the discount is unprecedented.
They will go on daily at same price. So just wait for it if its something you are interested in

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
37. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 15:47 Dev

Krovven wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 13:27:
We also knew 3 months ago from the leaked email, that the Autumn Sale and the Xmas Sale would be the same prices. With the Xmas Sale being longer, we'd probably just see more games participating in the Daily and Flash sales.
Unless otherwise specified by publishers. Like the lowest ever stuff.

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 22:06 Dev

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:07:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:31:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:17:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:47:
Incidentally, at $12 with coupon, that makes it lowest ever for the lego marvel game.

Where has Dev been?
Hey, thanks for noticing

Been busy with life stuff. I still often read blues, I just can't always find the time to read the comments (yes I generally read all of them in a thread when I'm interested in responding) and respond.

You typically don't complain when you make comments and you come across as intelligent. That's why I noticed your absence (or reduction in post frequency).
Why thank you. I do try and post intelligent (or at least intelligible ) and usually logical posts.

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 22:02:
Krovven wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:12:
Howard and Raj bromance budding here?

If they're Howard and Raj, who's Bernadette?
I'm far more interested in Bernadette.

Maybe Half Elf?

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 22:16.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 20:31 Dev

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:17:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:47:
Incidentally, at $12 with coupon, that makes it lowest ever for the lego marvel game.

Where has Dev been?
Hey, thanks for noticing

Been busy with life stuff. I still often read blues, I just can't always find the time to read the comments (yes I generally read all of them in a thread when I'm interested in responding) and respond.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 19:47 Dev

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2013, 20:10.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 19:30 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:11:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 18:00:
Krovven wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 14:33:
XCom EW $15, Lego Marvel Superheroes $12, Wolf Among Us $16.75, Sleeping Dogs $5, FarCry 3 $7.50...cheapest any of them have been, a couple have been this price before.

That's just a sampling. People complaining that sale prices aren't good enough, are idiots. I need to stop viewing Cutters posts to see what people are responding to, when I have him ignored for a reason.

Nothing you want, that you don't already have? First world problems.

I want to try Lego Marvel but I'm waiting for it to go 50% off or better.

GMG is selling it for 50% off
Actually, make that closer to 70% off (don't feel like doing the math for exact percent) with this 20% voucher:
GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
17. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 01:48 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 01:21:
Jeez I still have half the games I bought during the autumn sale untouched.
Dang! You are doing good then!

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
8. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2013, 00:19 Dev

MattyC wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:54:
I was hoping for a big sale on Xcom: Enemy Within, no luck so far (though it did go on sale). I really want to pick it up, but it just seems so much more like a DLC pack at an expansion price if you don't care for the multiplayer.
I think the list of stuff is pretty impressive.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering
6. Re: New AMD Drivers Address Micro Stuttering Dec 18, 2013, 22:42 Dev

JayDeath wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 18:46:
My 6970 is still going strong although I do need an upgrade soon.
If you just have 1, then you probably haven't had any crossfire micro stuttering

News Comments > J.U.L.I.A.: Enhanced Edition Evolves into J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars
3. Re: J.U.L.I.A.: Enhanced Edition Evolves into J.U.L.I.A.: Among the Stars Dec 18, 2013, 22:38 Dev

Blue,
Crowdfunding != kickstarter
As best I can tell it was funded through indiegogo.

News Comments > EA Hackathon Follow-up
2. Re: EA Hackathon Follow-up Dec 18, 2013, 00:23 Dev

Yeah suuuure. We trust you EA  

News Comments > Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved
17. Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved Dec 13, 2013, 00:05 Dev

There's other stuff that went on too. From what I can tell, he's a real jerk. I'm in a kickstarter where he basically tried to sabotage it (another old sierra game sorta thing). No one is really sure why, unless he was thinking of trying to buy it out and run it better or something. Or maybe he's that much of a jerk just to do it just because. He also says things like people can't argue with him unless they've made games he's heard of.

So yeah, I think there was FAR more going on behind the scenes. That incident is basically the only public one.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2013, 12:07 Dev

I don't even know what that is  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2013, 21:24 Dev

Quinn wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:44:
"Skyrim was developed for the XBox first and foremost", really? What, because the UI was so retarded? You simply cannot claim that. Apart from the inv system, the game is an absolute jewel from the PC gamer point of view, since vanilla day one. Great visuals, great performance, great gameplay. Trust me, Skyrim is one of the few games out there that was built for the PC the moment the first brainstorm session marked it's conception.
The UI is only one part that shows it was designed for console foremost. Another big part is the obsolete engine that continues to use DX9, YEARS after something better was out. They claimed they were going to do a new engine, but turns out it was just a coat of paint on the old one.

Now they do have great PC features, namely the modability and editors they release. But it certainly wasn't a game designed for PC foremost.

Wetworks wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 19:10:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 18:26:
They understand that MODS increase sales. duh. DLC kills sales and fragments communities. DLC is rarely > MODS.

That's too simplistic a statement, there are certain styles of games that majorly benefits from mods, mostly sandbox style games. In fact, locking down the base game from mods + pumping out dlc and microtransactions is becoming the norm. Games like BF4, Borderlands 2, COD, Sims 3, Crysis 3, etc...

People will happily spend $15 for a map pack that use to be free with mods. Also, there are no mods on consoles so a lot of companies will not even bother to support it on the pc side.
You both are forgetting something DLC done right in multiplayer lets anyone without a DLC join a host who does have it. That way there's very little fragmentation. I've seen a couple games work this way.

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 15:53 Dev

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:24:

The funny part is devs and valve both have shown that, the higher the discount, the more copies sell. They continue to shoot themselves in the foot, sale after sale, while other games wrack hundreds of thousands of copies in extra sales...

To be clear, its not just more copies. If a 50% sale meant twice the copies sold it would be a wash in terms of revenue.
What happens is that 50% sale might mean 10 times the copies. $75% sale might mean 100 times the copies. And it doesn't cannibalize full price sales either. Valve has shown that full price games continue to sell at the same steady rate before and after a sale (and in fact the after sale sales actually end up getting a bump too).

(I'm sure you know and meant this, I'm just clarifying for anyone who doesn't)

News Comments > On Sale
68. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 14:40 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 13:10:
JohnnyRotten wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 12:48:
Also if anyone sees the xcom enemy within expansion on sale somewhere, please post about it!
Here you go, but I would wait maybe Steam will have it sale for a better price.

Yeah I think I paid less as a pre-order from GMG heh.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
18. Re: Thanksgiving Consolidation Nov 29, 2013, 09:37 Dev

NeOCidE wrote on Nov 29, 2013, 04:07:
Microsoft being first and foremost a software company, you'd be forgiven for thinking they'd have nailed the installation procedure. Sony really has upped its game going in to this gen. Incredible.
Have you USED their software?

News Comments > On Sale
56. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2013, 08:18 Dev

deqer wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 13:09:
NegaDeath wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 13:00:
"Battlefield 4 on Origin. Save 50%"

Well that was fast.

Because no one's buying it. No wants to buy Battlefield 3.5, especially so soon after BF3 and people are still enjoying BF3 and would like to continue enjoying BF3 for a lengthly time.
Well there's always the ultimate unlock kit for BF3, EA has that on sale for $20.
LOL

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
58. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 10:08 Dev

Creston wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 01:55:
Dev wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 23:52:
Also. ENHANCED STEAM. NOW.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/
Its a chrome extension, saves so much time and headaches. Does things like show what you own in lists (including DLC), and how many people on your friends list own or wishlist things, etc. And SO MUCH MORE.

Also, don't forget
http://www.isthereanydeal.com
You can login with your steam account and it can optionally email you (I have it set to once a day) when things on your wishlist go on sale. It also tells you where something is cheapest, and whats the historical lower price, shows bundles, etc etc.

To each their own, but... you're logging into third party websites with your Steam account details? So... whenever some schmuck at those websites decides to steal your shit, you've just given him free access to do just that.

That's not how it works. Think openid or facebook login. It connects to steam and you login through steam only, the website just gets the token, not your login.
In fact, steam actually uses the openid library. Here's some details on the API
http://steamcommunity.com/dev

Also, I checked again. The isthereanydeal site appears to only need your community link, and doesn't use the steam API to login (and of course your profile needs to be public for it to read it). I'd have to create a new account to verify 100%, but that seems to be the case from looking at the settings.

The enhanced steam plugin, not 100% sure one way or the other. Its been a while.

Probably, the sites that do use the steam API to log in were blurring in my memory with the sites that use just your profile link and your public profile info.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2013, 10:26.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
44. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 23:52 Dev

Since valve LOVES hiding the link of all items on sale when there's a sale and they screw with their front page (its like they don't want people to find all their sale items and make money or something), here it is:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

Also. ENHANCED STEAM. NOW.
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/
Its a chrome extension, saves so much time and headaches. Does things like show what you own in lists (including DLC), and how many people on your friends list own or wishlist things, etc. And SO MUCH MORE.

Also, don't forget
http://www.isthereanydeal.com
You can login with your steam account and it can optionally email you (I have it set to once a day) when things on your wishlist go on sale. It also tells you where something is cheapest, and whats the historical lower price, shows bundles, etc etc.

Desalus wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:26:
Well that's quite strange TBH. Why would you spend money on a product that you already have? A lot of us are a little more frugal with our money than that.
DUDE! IT HAS LEGENDARY IN THE TITLE

Sometimes games get upgraded to the GOTY after they decide to stop selling the DLC. I bought the DLC separate from fallout NV, yet when I visit the ultimate edition page, it says I own it. So yeah, if you own everything, don't get the legendary, you will get upgraded to it after a couple years more than likely

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2013, 00:08.

6704 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo