Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6686 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Screencheat Embraces Screencheating
14. Re: Screencheat Embraces Screencheating Jul 26, 2014, 10:04 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 10:25:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 09:55:
I think a much more interesting twist on this would be:

Everyone Invisible
Can see the weapon fire
Stuff in the environment easily disturbed (has movement as you walk by)

No real need for "screen cheating"... just watch the environment / other's gun fire and take pot shots. If you hit they become bloody visible just before they die or explode or whatever.

Problem with that is that everyone would camp...
Well you could have to have it so shooting would be super obvious. Like if you shot it would send out a big ping on the map or some such. That way you'd have to move between shooting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Areal Conspiracy Theories
18. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 21, 2014, 16:05 Dev

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 13:37:
So what happens if you reach the goal and the donation window times out? Are these guys free to go on their way with sacks of cash regardless of how it was generated since it's now outside control of KS or does KS reserve some right to withhold that money and cancel the project, post-funding?
After its funded it would be lawsuit time if they didn't deliver. So yes theoretically the could run with all the money about 2 or 3 weeks after it funds.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
15. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 17, 2014, 02:09 Dev

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 19:53:
What next? Sell virtual pumpkins to eat?
Pretty sure some of those facebook games that involve farming already do that.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2014, 05:00 Dev

Axis wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 22:38:
It's been over 20 years since I played any PnP, really miss it.
Find some and play then lots of people play over Skype or google hangouts nowadays. Pathfinder society is hugely popular now, local board game stores often host games. There is lots going on you just have to reach out. Oh and rpggeek is a good place to find people local or online

News Comments > 75 New Steam Greenlights
8. Re: 75 New Steam Greenlights Jul 13, 2014, 08:19 Dev

jimnms wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 03:45:
I'm going to start voting no on every one of those I see.
Don't think that will do much. As I recall valve doesn't really do much with the negative votes
http://indiegames.com/2014/04/310_days_in_steam_greenlight_p.html

In fact, looks like current greenlight titles have more than half no votes lol.

Valve doesn't really care, they just want to keep bringing new content without having to spend the time vetting it first.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
26. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 13, 2014, 08:00 Dev

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 23:15:
Kinda like the 3rd season of Star Trek being moved to 10pm Friday night, and then being cancelled because -- surprise, surprise -- the ratings subsequently dropped.
If you look at the history, there was massive letter writing campaigns that brought it back (as many as 1 million letters). But they finally killed it for good after the 3rd season.

News Comments > Battleborn TM Oddity Explained
7. Re: Battleborn TM Oddity Explained Jul 10, 2014, 06:42 Dev

Or a more innocuous theory, they are doing it so people don't find out things from TM filings that they aren't ready to reveal

I'd expect that to be done prior to news being released about it's existence, now that it's revealed, I'd expect them to transfer it back.

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
24. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 24, 2014, 09:21 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 06:45:
InBlack wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 05:40:
This guy is a riot, quote from Reddit:

Question, how many copies have they sold?

Alex:
Steam doesn't want me to say, so I can say we've sold over one hundred thousand so far

A lot of indie developers show screen shots of their sales pages - it is very cool.
Incidentally he was answering the question of how much he gets per copy when he said steam doesn't want him to say (in other words the steam cut percentage is likely covered under NDA). The number of sales is allowed to be talked about.

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
4. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 22, 2014, 14:03 Dev

Quboid wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 13:17:
Now I have to buy it out of principle. Yar matey, it be a fine scheme they be plottin'.

I'll add it to my wishlist and buy it on Talk Like A Pirate Day.
Yeah, I'll pick it up solely because of his stance. And if it's a good game, cool too

News Comments > Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight
86. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 22, 2014, 13:16 Dev

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 12:30:
I just bought FarCry3 on the steam sale yesterday and already have buyers remorse... had I known I'd need to sign up for uPlay I would have never bought it.
It does mention that at the bottom of the steam page in the additional requirements. Not very noticeable I admit.

However, I much prefer enhanced steam plugin for chrome, and buying games from a web browser. That plugin adds a BIG RED BANNER at the top for any 3rd party DRM. In this case on that page it says "Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Ubisoft Uplay)"
As in nearly all options on this wondrous plugin, it's configurable

I love features like showing what DLC I've purchased. Prior to this I had to add all DLC to cart in steam (which for BL2 is quite a lot), see if steam said I didn't own all of them, try to purchase the last 2 that the cart said I didn't own, then get to the final payment page and find out I really did own one more of them steam just couldn't figure it out. Also on the ones I didn't own I had to remove one at a time from the cart. This plugin shows exactly which ones I own and don't own.

It also shades items I've wishlisted, which I've own, which other's have wishlisted (again everyone of this is optional and configurable). Makes it SO MUCH EASIER TO BUY.

OMG valve, please hire a dedicated GUI guy.

News Comments > Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics Return to Steam
26. Re: Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics Return to Steam Jun 19, 2014, 21:38 Dev

I think each side of the argument of obsidian/beth has valid points.  

News Comments > OpenXcom Version 1.0
9. Re: OpenXcom Version 1.0 Jun 16, 2014, 01:52 Dev

Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 01:32:
and for some dumb reason dual wielding.
I believe that's only sprite wise. Like in the video showing if you had a pistol in one hand and grenade in other, it shows a proper sprite.

News Comments > PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine
22. Re: PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine Jun 7, 2014, 19:27 Dev

Simon Says wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 05:10:
TheGenk wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 21:25:
WOW, these games are so "Next-Gen" we recommend you use the latest 4 year old hardware you can get in order to run them in glorious 900p with amazing 30fps!

+1
Yeah. It took them this long to get 64 bit only? And only 4gb ram minimum spec? So next gen!

News Comments > Star Citizen Patched
20. Re: Star Citizen Patched Jun 7, 2014, 19:18 Dev

Hmm, anyone else think that more than the vote, they want to give access temporarily to the newest ships so you can be tantalized and buy them once they take them away?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - GhostControl Inc.
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - GhostControl Inc. Jun 7, 2014, 04:33 Dev

Anyone try it? Is it anything like the awesomely fun classic Ghost Master?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2014, 09:37 Dev

Not a mixed message at all. Just a denial of where the policies are going to take things. Also probably parroting the same denial from companies like comcast.  

News Comments > PC Minecraft Sells 15M
8. Re: PC Minecraft Sells 15M May 1, 2014, 09:36 Dev

Also:
Text for your Link
Earlier this month, Mojang announced that Minecraft -- Pocket Edition had surpassed 21 million sales on mobile devices, while around the same time, the Xbox 360 edition moved past the 12-million sales mark. And the PlayStation 3 version of Minecraft also has been popular, with Mojang saying back in January that the digital edition has moved 1 million units.

News Comments > Rogue Shooter Demo
8. Re: Rogue Shooter Demo Apr 27, 2014, 22:12 Dev

Fion wrote on Apr 27, 2014, 15:18:
Roguelikes are usually RPGs with procedurally generated levels and permadeath. The goal being get as far as you can/get as high a score as you can before you die and have to start over. Often they include lots of different techniques or powers to try out to see what combination works best.

They are called Roguelike because the idea was started with a game in the 80's called Rogue.

A roguelike shooter 'could' work, but the shooting would have to be super solid to not feel cheated in some deaths.
One of my favorite additions to the genre is from rogue legacy, where you can add powers over time, so even if you fail, you likely advanced an overall structure.
Anyone know of other games like that? Where there's like a meta structure outside of each attempt that you can affect? Sorta like an overall leveling scheme?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
45. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 15, 2014, 06:57 Dev

Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 10:09:
The best thing I can say about Uplay is that it doesn't piss me off much, so it's not a deal-breaker. I am excited about Watch Dogs enough to put up with the extra few seconds delay before the game launches via Steam and Uplay.
Same here
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 18:48:
Put simply, EA is doing it to be greedy; Blizzard is doing it for the games.
Don't kid yourself, Blizzard is doing it for the money too. When they only sell it digitally through their own platform they can 100% control the price. Notice how they rarely offer a digital sale?
Beamer wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 16:36:
UPlay was easy to ignore with FC3 for me. I'd launch via Steam and it would launch. When I closed out, it would tell me I had some rewards or something, and I'd close it. I never looked into what those rewards meant or were.
The rewards vary. You can redeem the points for rewards, usually things on the line of pre-order goodies. Usually some are external to the game (like backgrounds for your desktop) and some are in game rewards (like an unlockable goody)

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2014, 07:03.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2014, 09:35 Dev

Not EA again?  

6686 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo