Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6704 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
96. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 18:50 Dev

Sho wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 17:59:
Dev wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 17:47:
Alternatively I could buy it off if you if you haven't used the serial yet.

I haven't and would be up for this, but are you sure they use a serial system? I checked out the store system, and while it shows the game under "My Downloadable Products" all I get is a link to the installer. I'm guessing login just works by account after that point.
No idea, I was just guessing. If you've already made an account and a login on whatever system they use, might be a little tougher to trade/sell.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
89. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 17:47 Dev

Sho wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 16:23:
I tried to get a refund for this, but was denied because I'm a Kickstarter backer. I've backed around 20-30 games, and while one other of them turned out to be shit, this is the first time I feel really betrayed and screwed over by a project.
Alternatively I could buy it off if you if you haven't used the serial yet.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
23. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 14:14 Dev

On the plus side some extra cards I had priced for 1 cent for months all sold yesterday from people converting them to gems, lol!  

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
19. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 18:38 Dev

AlexSledge wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:59:
I don't know why anyone brings up customer service. What are you doing that you need customer service from Steam or any other of these places? I've got over 10 years in Steam, and well over half a K of games in the library, and I've never once even considered the existence of customer service for Steam much less the need for it.

Good for you! Cool story bro!
I've contacted them multiple times in my 11 years (and if we are comparing epeen, I have an under 15k steam id, and well over a whole K of steam games) from failings like not including a DLC in a complete package, not processing my payment correctly when their overloaded poorly designed servers are going nuts during a sale, not including promised pre sale bonuses, and other issues. Each time it was horrible. It tends to take over a week to respond, and it's a form response. Then the resolution is generally unsatisfactory.
Taking a week to respond means for instance the sale item I'm trying to buy isn't on sale anymore. If valve would at least be able to reliably take the money I throw at them, I'd be much happier

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 19:21.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2014, 00:29 Dev

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 23:34:
Most evil corporations don't have their janitors doing the IT work and storing their passwords in a hilariously named folder called "passwords".
The more important part is the plain text non password protected passwords.

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
1. Re: King's Quest Trailer Dec 7, 2014, 00:27 Dev

There's a new Sierra logo too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzIoQLAmEs0

Looks like it's still owned by Activision, but they are farming out the brand to make a new KQ. Hope it turns out ok. I'd like to see the return of Sierra, even if it's under someone else.

Then again, with Activision, we are likely to see DLC! Ugh

News Comments > Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes
9. Re: Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes Nov 25, 2014, 12:52 Dev

Blue,
I don't believe this is anything to do with key resellers since key numbers are not steam tradable. The announcement also doesn't mention it. Here's text of announcement:

All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

We've made this change to make trading gifts a better experience for those receiving the gifts. We're hoping this lowers the number of people who trade for a game only to have the game revoked later due to issues with the purchaser's payment method.

News Comments > Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes
7. Re: Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes Nov 25, 2014, 12:46 Dev

Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 12:18:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 12:06:
Darks wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:14:
Thats a bullshit policy change. Steam is getting to political.

Seems reasonable to me. Should help keep people from getting ripped off so easily.

If people are getting ripped off then there's a flaw in the way Steam is setup. Making people wait 30 days is not going to change how this works nor will it prevent people from getting ripped off. Steam needs to fix the problem and not put a band-aid on it.
The flaw is that douchebags (criminals really) either steal credit cards or do xhrgebacks to get the money back after trading. Valve didn't plan for this to be exploited. They are essentially closing an exploit. Waiting 30 days to trade should reduce this issue. And someone can still gift them, so it doesn't stop gift buying.

It has nothing to do with key resellers. That Grey market is still there. You can't steam trade key numbers.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 14:44 Dev

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 12:41:
Headline:

"Obama urges net neutrality; Cruz calls it 'Obamacare for the Internet'"

Now you know where the parties stand.

Where do you stand on the issue?

The Prez words:
"Ever since the Internet was created, it's been organized around basic principles of openness, fairness and freedom," Obama said in the video posted on the White House website.

"There are no gatekeepers deciding which sites you get to access. There are no toll roads on the information superhighway," he said. "Abandoning these principals would threaten to end the Internet as we know it."
That all sounds well and good. But what's missing is how classifying the internet as a utility with far more regulations will get us thete

News Comments > Approaching Infinity Approaches
3. Re: Approaching Infinity Approaches Nov 10, 2014, 13:06 Dev

For $40 it better be aheckofa rogue like. And why no steam?
I'll probably wait for it to drop in price

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
57. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 21:54 Dev

NKD wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 18:00:
But I can see that any criticism of Rockstar will not go over well here, so I'll refrain from saying anymore.
I'll do it. Juarez my PC version of RDR?!?
Stupid rockstar

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
14. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 17:51 Dev

I think the email update said something about how they don't want to add anything in new stretch that will change things up too much, but that every extra dollar will increase overall game quality.

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:39:
Huh, I didn't know they were still receiving funding. How are they doing it? Paypal link on their website or something?
Yes

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
26. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 17:38 Dev

Oh man I LOVED these games
Also about the guy taking Xbox controller, surely someone has done an emulator by now that lets you map gamepads to key presses for Windows in general?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
23. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 17:24 Dev

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:32:
the FPS module isnít an asideÖ itís a fully featured game in and of itself

Great...? I know that when everyone was clamoring for more space games, what they all REALLY meant was "There aren't enough FPS games out there, we need them IN our space games too!"

No worries, it will be a fantastic FPS with an arcade game inside it that will be a space Sim. J/k
Seriously, that's how I feel, that they are focusing on MMO aspects and things like micro transactions and kitchen sinks, rather than the fracking single player space game I backed for!

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
67. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 17:29 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 13:23:
The first comment on GoG cracked me up:

This is the game that made me a man. If you play this game and successfully complete all of the secret Emperor missions then you, too, will be a man, my son.
Frack yeah! I completed all objectives including secrets on x wing and tie flighter games. I'll be getting these

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
19. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 21, 2014, 11:43 Dev

I'm trying nuuvem for $35 fir beyond earth.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - OTTTD
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - OTTTD Aug 7, 2014, 16:07 Dev

Games that give you increasing amounts of "coins" when you pay more always give me pause.  

News Comments > On the Legality of "Code Stripping"
7. Re: On the Legality of Jul 31, 2014, 18:19 Dev

They didn't mention steam and it's canceling and controlling of codes for some o it's games regionally.  

News Comments > Screencheat Embraces Screencheating
14. Re: Screencheat Embraces Screencheating Jul 26, 2014, 10:04 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 10:25:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 09:55:
I think a much more interesting twist on this would be:

Everyone Invisible
Can see the weapon fire
Stuff in the environment easily disturbed (has movement as you walk by)

No real need for "screen cheating"... just watch the environment / other's gun fire and take pot shots. If you hit they become bloody visible just before they die or explode or whatever.

Problem with that is that everyone would camp...
Well you could have to have it so shooting would be super obvious. Like if you shot it would send out a big ping on the map or some such. That way you'd have to move between shooting.

News Comments > Areal Conspiracy Theories
18. Re: Areal Conspiracy Theories Jul 21, 2014, 16:05 Dev

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 13:37:
So what happens if you reach the goal and the donation window times out? Are these guys free to go on their way with sacks of cash regardless of how it was generated since it's now outside control of KS or does KS reserve some right to withhold that money and cancel the project, post-funding?
After its funded it would be lawsuit time if they didn't deliver. So yes theoretically the could run with all the money about 2 or 3 weeks after it funds.

6704 Comments. 336 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo