Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Will

Real Name Will   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dev
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 13, 2004, 01:09
Total Comments 6727 (Guru)
User ID 22548

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Beta GTA Drivers
4. Re: AMD Beta GTA Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 09:00 Dev

Dirty Butler wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 00:11:
Dev wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:11:
Good for you AMD! Release day drivers for once!
Beta instead of WHQL though.
And any bets on if crossfire is supported on release instead of a month or three later?

New Crossfire Profiles for:

Grand Theft Auto V
Impressive, that's like first time in forever

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Beta GTA Drivers
2. Re: AMD Beta GTA Drivers Apr 13, 2015, 22:11 Dev

Good for you AMD! Release day drivers for once!
Beta instead of WHQL though.
And any bets on if crossfire is supported on release instead of a month or three later?

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
4. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 13, 2015, 19:48 Dev

Shok wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:22:
This is the Rockstar version btw not STEAM...
You mean the $30 version

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
73. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 23:35 Dev

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 13:09:
Haha where's Dev anyway? He used to have a field day with this stuff.
Yeah but aren't most of the things I'd be saying already being said? Heck, I even saw a comment about wheeled desks!

Also... I now have a girlfriend. I do still try and read the more interesting stories but I don't comment as much.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
62. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 5, 2015, 14:13 Dev

Bigger news is valve announced 50% growth last year!
http://store.steampowered.com/news/16000/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 15:30 Dev

Carbon monoxide detector replacement check with manufacture. Some are 3 years, or 5 years, or 7 years.

Also if a chain of smoke detectors are going off,check manual on how to tell which one in chain is triggering. Some are light or sound or voice extras on triggering one. Some you can hit silence button to see,etc.

Remember to pick right smoke detectors for one near kitchen. There's two main type s of detectors, best to have both most places. One is better at slowly burning fires, one is better at fast ones.

News Comments > Dungeons 2 in April
1. Re: Dungeons 2 in April Feb 20, 2015, 10:45 Dev

Just in time to take focus away from war for the over world release date.  

News Comments > SPINTIRES Rolling Again; DLC & Sequel Plans
1. Re: SPINTIRES Rolling Again; DLC & Sequel Plans Feb 20, 2015, 10:41 Dev

Cynical translation:
"Just like EA, we want to fix most of the stuff in the next version, not this one. Also since it's making money and we were too generous to the Dev, we are going to cut him out of the sequel."

I've not played the game, so what does someone who played it think? Am I being to cynical here?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 17, 2015, 22:40 Dev

mag wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 22:11:

There are a lot of inconsistencies in his story. He was doing this when he was 14, but he had been working at DirecTV for 2-3 years. He stopped a long time ago, but he did it most recently in 2015. Etc. etc.

A lot of it's obviously lies. If it's not all lies, he's pretty evidently a sociopath. There's no remorse, just the realization that it makes him seem like an idiot to his friends, and that it's all so easy that it doesn't really make him smarter than others. But he also still thinks it's cool to torment teenage girls.
Read it over again. He worked for third party that worked for direct TV. Probably some place paying someone it had never seen do level 1 support or some such. I could see that happening, especially if he doesn't care if he lies and gets someone else's info.

As for the other bit, maybe he stopped swatting years ago but is still being a jerk douche even this year. Sounds like he stopped in large part because he's beginning to realize these silly "pranks" could mess up the rest of his life

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Fundraising Ends and Continues
6. Re: Shadowrun Hong Kong Fundraising Ends and Continues Feb 17, 2015, 18:33 Dev

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 14:07:
I have no idea why devs just didn't set up their own crowdfunding site like Chris roberts and star citizen. They should just use kickstarter as promotional and then after the funding goals are met, reveal their own extended crowdfunding site.

It really makes no sense to obey kickstarters funding time limit because new people are constantly discovering that the project exists long after the original campaign. I never knew of the original shadow-run campaign at all, I didn't discover it until it was long since over. Game developers are doing themselves a disservice by cutting themselves off from further funding they could use to insulate themselves from risk.
Too much work for small shops (though they should offer PayPal at the least).
Also they sometimes prefer to offer KS exclusives as incentives.
Also if it includes physical goods, sometimes then can only do one preset production run due to scale and costs

But yes, it seems silly in most cases to stop offering funding options just as the publicity starts to ramp up or peak at end of the KS.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2015, 18:56.

News Comments > Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought
10. Re: Anachronox & Other Square IP Pitches Sought Feb 17, 2015, 11:10 Dev

Valve needs to do this with their IP, only without the crowdfunding part. Valve can afford to pay it all. I.e. valve needs to outsource some games with their IP, so it doesn't take forever.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue Pre-Purchases
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue Pre-Purchases Feb 9, 2015, 10:06 Dev

Blue,
It's because you get get refunded by returned a preorder on steam. It's like the only kind of return they allow.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 5, 2015, 15:49 Dev

Also it being from Ukraine does not fill me with hope  

News Comments > Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter
14. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 15:52 Dev

OBS?  

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2015, 01:11 Dev

It would take you...
14424 continuous hours
1 year,236 days,53 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Dang am I really practically tied with Pres?

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
42. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 09:23 Dev

Sugarman wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 04:13:
So, can someone explain what exactly arena commander is? I KS this game at the lowest amount, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the single player game I backed, is it like a flight test module or something?
The manual doesn't even really say what it is.

Think of Arena Commander as a test mode for the backers to help CIG polish the flight model for the single player and persistent universe when it comes out. We get to test the "ALPHA" as backers, why do people not get this.
Maybe because I'm not caught up in all the hype (I bought one other ship at $25 early on), the limited stuff I've seen and heard about is scary, and 1.0 doesn't sound alpha, and even this announcement and the linked manual doesn't say what this is.

But I do appreciate the informative posts in this thread.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 03:32 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 22:09:
Not to mention it's unproven that it was North Korean hackers. The FBI saying so does not mean it is so.
Not just the FBI. The President says it's so.

That's not exactly totally convincing, but he's officially said it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
29. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 03:29 Dev

So, can someone explain what exactly arena commander is? I KS this game at the lowest amount, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the single player game I backed, is it like a flight test module or something?
The manual doesn't even really say what it is.

Sugarman wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 03:15:
Cutter, do you haven an account? Have you tried it? It's an alpha, so don't go in expecting a polished game.
Arena commander 1.0 doesn't sound to me like an alpha

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2014, 03:36.

News Comments > Sims 4 Game Pack Next Month
3. Re: Sims 4 Game Pack Next Month Dec 22, 2014, 03:22 Dev

Soooo, a pack is DLC?  

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
38. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 21, 2014, 12:53 Dev

gsilver wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 00:36:
...Though the 50GB install did. I was running a 240GB SSD in my PC for much of the year, and a 50GB game needed to be pretty damn good to make the cut there. But once I upgraded, I still didn't really feel like going back.
In addition to my SSD, I have a 4tb steam games drive for all the other games

6727 Comments. 337 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo