Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrax

Real Name Warrax   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 27, 2004, 18:36
Total Comments 93 (Suspect)
User ID 22426

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
8. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 09:17 Warrax

There's many free and bundled games in the list and you can clearly see the games that the owners buy and play, no wonder those aren't even played once like Ricochet, almost no ones gives a damn about this game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2013, 09:47 Warrax

Sepharo wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 00:58:
I'm kind of surprised now looking back on FPS how much happened from 1996-1999. People (myself included) like to hate on how there's a new CoD every year and I guess I'm just forgetting how the Quake series happened:

Quake (1996)
Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon (1997)
Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity (1997)
Quake II (1997)
Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning (1998)
Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero (1998)
Quake III Arena (1999)
Quake III: Team Arena (2000)

When I was playing HL, CS and Q3 I felt like Quake was ancient but it was only about 3 years earlier.

That's not to say that CoD still isn't over saturated and uninnovative:

Call of Duty (2003)
Call of Duty 2 (2005)
Call of Duty 3 (2006)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
Call of Duty: World at War (2008)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012)

(without expansions/DLC and console/mobile)

The difference is the huge tech leap between each quake games and how different each quake was where the tech jump between CODs is pretty low and all COD are way too similar.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues
7. Re: Diablo III Auction House Downtime Continues May 10, 2013, 08:33 Warrax

I say let it stay closed, the AH destroyed the game anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
68. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 6, 2013, 02:58 Warrax

MS Exec: “Electricity goes out too”

Fail argument. You sir, don't get it, at all.

News Comments > POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update
4. Re: POE Boasts 2M Players; Patch Details; Supporter Packs Update Mar 15, 2013, 10:54 Warrax

Currently my favorite ARPG, the game is hard tho and starting for the first time can be difficult. It's recommended to plan your character ahead.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
26. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 4, 2013, 10:55 Warrax

The problem is not piracy, sigh, it's the price of the game relatively to quality and demand of that kind of game.

I think they will have to stop developing for the 3Ds and go to another platform instead because their game is not worth paying 40$. Part of the price is probably to cover royalty to Nintendo but they have to realize that their game is a 5-10$ game. People only pay full price to AAA games that will sell for sure, otherwise, price need to go down.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 4, 2013, 10:24 Warrax

Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 12:43:
Axis wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 12:33:
The only people who use IE are the ones tho don't know about alternatives...

The only people that say that are idiots who think it's still "a few moons ago." Live in the now, man. Things change. Good things get bad. Bad things get good.
IE9 is consistently rated as good as the others. It's lacking only one thing for me: spell check. That keeps me in FireFox usually, but I find IE9 faster (almost as fast as Chrome.) I think FireFox has gotten kind of bad, but dislike Chrome because, quite honestly, Google knows enough about me.

You are right. However, there is better alternatives to Firefox and Chrome but I'm not talking about IE, I'm talking about Waterfox (Firefox port) and SRware Iron (Chrome port). Waterfox is basically a fast version of FireFox (it's also 64bits and portable) and Iron is Chrome but doesn't submit any private data at all and is also portable. Check them out!

News Comments > Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg
36. Re: Maxis: That's Rain on Your Leg Dec 22, 2012, 15:26 Warrax

Such lame excuses, just make an offline option, done.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease
16. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Rerelease Aug 15, 2012, 09:09 Warrax

What a lazy release...still using midi? don't get me wrong, I had my AWE64 back in MS-DOS/Win95-98 days and I had a huge blast messing with all that and I still have my midi collection but thing is...FF7 midis were horrible in comparison to the original soundtrack. Also, no graphic filter? this is a 1997 game, it need filters! the game will look horrible otherwise. I'll have to wait and see but for now, I'm definitely not buying.  

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
54. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 08:46 Warrax

Well sure that's kind of an extreme measure but most Diablo fan bought the game already and it's obvious they are doing that because of the bots. I don't see how preventing the inevitable for 3 days change things tho, it does more bad then good in my opinion.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 04:05:
It can't be that hard to combat bots!?

Unfortunately, it is that hard to combat them, it's a pest.

MadBoris wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 08:06:
The game that supposedly gets more fun and gives you longevity after you "replay the same game" on different difficulties, and of course the difficulties must be unlocked.

Fun and longevity increases from replaying the same game, what an amazing concept these Blizzardians think of and spread to us meager gamers.

(Blizzards comments are always in Blue)

It's been like that since Diablo 1 in 1996-97...looks like this is not your kind of game...

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2012, 08:51.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
42. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 11:24 Warrax

WyldKat wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 22:55:
This is staggering, especially how much Blizz hyped up Diablo 3's PVP and how esports friendly it supposedly was.
Oh really? any sources of that? because they said many time that PvP is not a priority for now and the news is just another confirmation of it.

Prez wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 10:31:
So there's no offline singleplayer because it's a multiplayer game, but we're going to ship it without a fundamental multiplayer element. Alrighty then...

Well the main part (PvE in coop) is there which is the most important part. PvP is usually end game stuff so you have 60 level of PvE to do before PvP matters.

Shok wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 20:56:
I think they are under pressure to get it out this year to appease all the WoW gamers who renewed for a year after falling for the carrot dangling ploy.

Waiting after D3 is getting old, there is all the reasons in the world to release the game this year

Icewind wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:57:
Diablo 3 looks like shit more and more every day though. It's like an inferior version of Torchlight.

While TL was a great game, it was very incomplete. Diablo 1 was a better version overall (if you consider replay value and the fact that it has multiplayer).

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
113. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 25, 2012, 15:12 Warrax

Dades wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 00:16:
Bucky wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 23:53:
If people don't like what Blizzard is doing with Diablo 3, why not set your sights on another game? Torchlight 2 is around the corner, and I think Grim Dawn is targeted for this year as well.

That's what many people will likely do. It's a crowded market, I would have loved to play Diablo 3 but I'll just put my money somewhere else. If it's just business for Blizzard then it's just business for me too.

Most of you who say such things will end up buying the game anyway because you will get over the things you hate or your friends will play D3 and you'll feel left alone by not playing it, we all know this

Also, for the non-offline mode haters, I know it kinda suck to not have offline mode but if WoW was very successful with millions of players online, you'll get over it or at least find a way to play in the end.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
67. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 29, 2012, 12:54 Warrax

I'm not sure why there is so many cynical comments but pets won't be missed at all, specially the cute ones and specially in a Diablo game. Same goes for scroll of reforging, they won't be missed, getting gear by forging, killing mobs and shopping is enough.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Megaupload Jan 21, 2012, 00:22 Warrax

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 15:44:
Are there any alternatives?

Not sure if serious...there is many file sharing sites like Mediafire, Hotfile and Rapidshare to name a few. It's just that Megaupload was pretty much the best of them if you were a member without paying a subscription.

News Comments > Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo
7. Re: Intel's Fake Ultrabook Gaming Demo Jan 10, 2012, 17:45 Warrax

Intel is behind in integrated video performance on laptop/notebook, I'm not surprised they did that.  

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
67. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 23:10 Warrax

D_K_night wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 17:27:
so many haters.

Yup, welcome to Bluesnews comments I guess, such a bunch of whiners every time I dare to read news comments.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Clue?
21. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 6, 2012, 00:03 Warrax

Graham wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 16:03:
Valve hires talented 3D animators like Karen Prell. They begin to release short films for TF2, slowly becoming longer; the most recent tops five minutes in length, and the quality has increased immensely.

Half-Life 3 isn't coming as a game.

Humm no, HL3 simply gonna be a game with cinematics...thinking that HL3 will not be a game is just crazy and a terrible decision.

News Comments > True X-COM Sequel: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Revealed
40. Re: True X-COM Sequel: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Revealed Jan 5, 2012, 23:49 Warrax

This is very good news indeed, I'm a big fan of the first XCOM and I definitely have good memories of this game.

Also lol at "The original was on the Playstation", that's almost insulting there was no Playstation in 1993

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
16. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 18, 2011, 10:54 Warrax

Krovven wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 01:44:
You confuse difficulty with bugs.

No you confuse bugs with intended design. Why would low aggro radius, small amount of monsters and monsters running from you after X yards would be bugs? Even monsters spawning slowly looks intended. I'm not saying those are good design decisions but they sure aren't bugs. Blizzard said many time that even the whole normal difficulty is casual and noob friendly and they said many time that Inferno difficulty will have increased density, velocity and difficulty across the board. So I would wait for the full game (or even Inferno difficulty) before judging pretty much anything.

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
11. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 18, 2011, 01:16 Warrax

Krovven wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 20:29:

So you didn't bother to quote the part where I said...

To repeat...I expect things to change in the D3 beta. BUT AS IT IS NOW, I am more looking forward to Torchlight 2.

Thing is, the game won't change as you would expect. Normal difficulty + Act 1 is intended to be easy, you cannot judge the difficulty from that part of the game.

93 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo