Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1768 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Launch Trailer
7. Re: Max Payne 3 Launch Trailer May 12, 2012, 10:58 Dmitri_M

Slashman wrote on May 12, 2012, 09:42:
Was modding in the first 2 Max Payne games a big thing? I never really saw much relating to the modding community for 1 and 2.

There was one very good mod for Max Payne, Kung Fu mod. It was popular enough that bootleggers in China released a pre-modded version of the game and sold it on the streets as "Kung Fu Max Payne"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview
5. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview May 11, 2012, 12:49 Dmitri_M

The high expectations brigade has arrived.

Donkey_Punch wrote on May 11, 2012, 12:06:
You want a real Xcom experience:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69341191/xenonauts
They're going to hit a million on that. It looks very good, is in actual development and is clearly a non-compromised PC game.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op Support?
14. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op Support? May 10, 2012, 14:32 Dmitri_M

The coop would only work if both players were handicapped through some clever gameplay mechanic. Working together should be a requirement for success. Gamers would then bitch about said handicap and prove their lack of imagination so I doubt the dev will chance it.

Coop is really dependent on the sort of people you play with. In my LAN days we'd coop AVP 1. Only 20% of the my friends were capable of playing "in character" and making the coop fun. Most would surge ahead on their own and drop any semblance of coop play. I can only imagine how shit coop must be today with random kids on consoles coop'ing across continents chasing achievements rocking back and forth high on energy drinks.

The MP in Dead Space 2 was tacked on and terrible. At launch there were about 2 servers active with a total of 8 players world wide. At least on PC.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2012, 14:38.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op Support?
4. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op Support? May 9, 2012, 23:31 Dmitri_M

Jerykk wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:01:
Co-op in a game that claims to be survival-horror... sigh. That said, the Dead Space series has always been 90% shooter, 10% survival-horror anyway so I guess it doesn't matter that much.
How is it 90% shooter if you're easily overwhelmed if you're not careful. The character plods about slowly enough that if you're not on your guard at all times you're dead. Both titles had loads of quiet areas that build tension.

I think it's 90% snark and 10% truth when it comes to EA titles.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter
23. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter May 9, 2012, 13:13 Dmitri_M

I'll take an Interstate '76 kickstarter if the devs can prove they're going to lace it with great humour and attitude.

Without that I76 was little more than a mechwarrior mod with 70s cars.

Never get out of the car.

http://www.jeffwofford.com/i76_poems.html

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 8, 2012, 12:34 Dmitri_M

The IL-2 review is not the game, rather a commercial mod - Desastersoft's Wick vs. Dundas  

News Comments > New Dead Space & Need for Speed Within a Year
2. Re: New Dead Space & Need for Speed Within a Year May 7, 2012, 22:44 Dmitri_M

And I won't miss out on another Dead Space title.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Announced
20. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 16:11 Dmitri_M

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 7, 2012, 15:21:
Yosemite Sam wrote on May 7, 2012, 14:40:
Nice, keep the same formula, be nice to be able to zoom out more and definatly got to have the same kind of chatter, that was one great thing about CoH... jesus conrad tie your fucking laces ... course having quit the hardware cold war years ago I prolly wont even be able to run it.
Building a gaming rig is cheap these days, especially if you aren't concerned with running the latest FPS games with all options maxed out at 100+fps.
Yeah you really don't need much to run new PC games if you're prepared to run on mid settings.

14. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 12:19 Dmitri_M

Bet wrote on May 7, 2012, 11:52:

CoH was revolutionary in 2006, and still is, with the deformable terrain and building destruction. To create a game that makes Starcraft 2 look dated, all they need to do is...refine it. And not even much at that, since Starcraft 2 barely brought anything new to the table more than a decade later.
Yup I agree, it's an excellent engine and an excellent game overall. I still play it quite often. My point was just I hope they do more than just shoehorn some normal maps and higher polycounts and at least attempt to add gameplay features. Which they've said they are doing. Something that justifies it being called a sequel and not an expansion.

10. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Announced May 7, 2012, 11:38 Dmitri_M

I don't think you're going to get too much of a deviation from the original titles. Neither in terms of tech or gameplay. Which is kinda what bothers me, I want to see some advances not just a cash in. They tried that already with the online version.

It's too early to be pessimistic about it, and from what I've read it seems they are attempting to develop things. I'll believe it when I see it though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2012, 14:43 Dmitri_M

somebody sell me on Warlock  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
22. Re: No DVD/BluRay by default? May 5, 2012, 14:23 Dmitri_M

Hopefully they'll drop Windows Media Player too.  

News Comments > Ridge Racer Unbounded Demo
10. Re: Ridge Racer Unbounded Demo May 4, 2012, 15:31 Dmitri_M

JaguarUSF wrote on May 4, 2012, 15:14:
siapnar wrote on May 4, 2012, 14:28:
Wished they'd had gone and made another Flatout instead.

No you don't.
Bugbear didn't make 3 though, if they had it could easily have surpassed 2. Flatout 2 was great.

News Comments > DiRT Showdown Demo
25. Re: DiRT Showdown Demo May 3, 2012, 22:03 Dmitri_M

JaguarUSF wrote on May 3, 2012, 19:21:
Dmitri_M wrote on May 3, 2012, 07:04:
No Rally game has ever lived upto Rally Championship 2000

Richard Burns Rally?

That was my personal opinion steeped in nostalgia

RBR was a much better rally sim, but I was never as attached to it as I was RC2000. I don't recall RBR having the RC2000 track lengths either. That might have changed with mods though. Last I followed RBR someone had released a track editor, but that was years ago and I don't know if anyone released lengthy stages.

RC2000 was flawed. The vehicle handling often felt like you were driving on glass. I just loved those tracks though - colourful and really nicely put together without obvious object duplication. I prefer atmosphere to dry simulation. I thought RC2000 captured the essence of rally driving perfectly.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2012, 22:10.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Revealed?
23. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 3, 2012, 17:52 Dmitri_M

What I want to know is whether this will be a slightly modified version of the COH\Warhammer games engine and not a cheap cash in (like COH online) or a much improved engine with actual gameplay additions.

The engine was excellent to begin with, but I'd like to see what they can add to it. Not just normal maps and high poly counts. Actual gameplay features.

I love COH, still play it, some very good mods out for it that are still in development. Relic have also consistently patched the title since release. COH is an exceptional game. One of those PC titles that I've gotten a lot of value out of over the years. I think I bought an original boxed copy and again on Steam when it was on special and don't regret it.

14. Re: DiRT Showdown Demo May 3, 2012, 08:13 Dmitri_M

HoSpanky wrote on May 3, 2012, 07:35:
You guys DO realize that CM is making dirt showdown to appeal to the people who found gymkhana and the various non-racing events in Dirt3 entertaining, right? And that Dirt4 is *supposed* to be more rally-centered.
Thanks Captain Obvious

11. Re: DiRT Showdown Demo May 3, 2012, 07:04 Dmitri_M

eRe4s3r wrote on May 3, 2012, 02:19:
I still wish someone would do a *real* rally Dakar game. You know, the full stretch, open world, free pathing, just get there somehow and free choice of vehicle (bike, truck, car)... add to that world events, animals, weather and a fully realistic damage/support system and I'd be in racing heaven.
No Rally game has ever lived upto Rally Championship 2000 released back in '99. Not open world, but it featured true accurate track lengths. So you'd be stuck in the cockput of your beat up rally car trying desperately not to total it at the 34km mark of a 41km stage. Intense.
Dirt and the original Colin McRae Rally featured bite size 2 to 10 minute track lengths which just doesn't feel like authentic rally style play. Too much flash and extreme sports muck in the last few CM titles too. Extreme sports = zero attention span, which is not what rally is about. Though zero attention span is perfect for current gen gamers.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse May 2, 2012, 17:41 Dmitri_M

Prez wrote on May 2, 2012, 16:45:
Despite the likelihood being extremely low, every time a story about Netflix saving a dying or dead TV show comes up I immediately think of "Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles". The plot (especially of the second season) got borderline ridiculous, but I always felt the show could be great in the right hands.
The Terminator franchise is just plain great though. Which makes that show seem even sillier than it turned out to be. It needed less bloated story lines, and better execution. How hard is that to pull off.. Network television story by committee disease.

Action orientated TV series always seem to take on too much. Terminator wasn't always about giant explosions, it was about menace. You don't have the budget to make a movie each episode. Rather than have 15 Terminators, one being the CEO of a large corporation (urg), find a "new Arnold" and just have him relentlessly hunting a group of actors who can actually act without convoluted story lines.

I'd like to see HBO's take on Terminator, not Fox's.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 17:51.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans
23. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 16:35 Dmitri_M

The original games had no MP. I'm only interested in SP, if the reviews are decent and it's an above average port I'll be buying it full price.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 16:42.

News Comments > Questionable Kickstart Cancelled
2. Re: Questionable Kickstart Cancelled May 1, 2012, 09:56 Dmitri_M

That it reached $4000 proves there are some gullible people out there willing to throw money at anything. The Starlight inception KS, though not an obvious con, is sitting at 60 000. I don't see any signs that this title will actually be good or ever released. The comments section is full of people blindly presuming that it'll be just like x-wing or whatever old space title they loved.

These must be the same people who buy publisher hype. And then show up on forums wasting time and life horrified that things didn't turn out as promised.

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 10:02.

1768 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo