Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1877 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space 3 E3 Trailer
1. Re: Dead Space 3 E3 Trailer Jun 16, 2012, 05:00 Dmitri_M

Seems much more action orientated than the previous two. Isaac can do a gymnastic roll now in his heavy engineers suit! The human soldier enemies seem straight from a generic shooter.

Since the coop takes place in the same missions as the SP I imagine the pacing overall is more on the action end generally since two people will need more things to do.

It's looking a little Alien 3 right now but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I liked the first 2 so much. The end of the clip was great, looks disgusting. Disgusting is good.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2012, 05:09.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
25. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 16, 2012, 04:03 Dmitri_M

I bought this, played 2 campaign missions and about a week later forgot about it. It felt like I'd bought SC1 again. If you haven't seen an old game for a few years the graphics cease aging and since SC2 just felt like the same game with better graphics..I was underwhelmed. And yes I realise everyone likely expected\demanded the same game but I expected some gameplay improvement or advancement of the RTS genre. I realise we all essentially want a return to the "good old days" but my ideal is a new wave of interesting titles that aren't just rehashes.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2012, 16:36 Dmitri_M

religiophobia

The anti-religious bias is understandable but also annoyingly ineffective. Christians love all the snarky hate they get. They're taught that they'd be "persecuted for their beliefs" and that this is a test of their faith, something they must endure to be true Christians.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
34. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 16:17 Dmitri_M

Flatline wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 15:43:
MP3 left me... conflicted
Agree with pretty much everything you said. One moment I felt annoyed, the next blown away. Odd gaming experience.

The flashback sequences, especially the graveyard, were excellent and felt right for a Max Payne game. It sucked finishing them and then going back to the Vin Diesel version of Max Payne trying to steal a bank vault from out of police station in Brazil..

I didn't mind Payne's pained language, people had the same complaints with the originals. The difference was the original titles had some tongue in cheek bad guys for Max to play off of and the gothic nior feel of the originals fit Payne. In MP3 he's the same Max but he's surrounded by character's that are all playing it straight and the setting is typical "realistic" (bland) Jerry Bruckheimer Rockstar. Sometimes it was actually amusing having Max complain about them but by the end it did get tiresome.

News Comments > Neversoft Supporting CoD
9. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 15:24 Dmitri_M

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 13:00:
A sci-fi CoD might be interesting. Interesting enough at least for me not to dismiss it off-hand.
Yeah something imaginative. Something other than the army of walmart freedom. New IPs are scary to developers.

25. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 15:16 Dmitri_M

Just to be clear they did strip the cutscenes from the start of the levels. So at least it does drop you straight into the action. As you play though, the cutscenes show up as expected and can't be skipped.

The scoring system in the arcade mode seems to have been hijacked by cheaters. The "top" player's score which is prominently displayed in TV friendly size 36 typeface as a piddly 9999999999.

21. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 13:12 Dmitri_M

Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 13:07:
I need to try Arcade mode, see if that lets you play without the CONSTANT interruptions.
Cutscenes are all still present in the arcade mode. I was also hoping they were removed

19. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 12:55 Dmitri_M

I didn't like the first 2 or so hours of MP3 but it picked up quite nicely after that. The story is decent enough. Max Payne was less about story specifics than it was atmosphere. The third features too many dumb Rockstar criminal characters for my liking.
I will always remember chasing down Vinnie Gognitti in MP1 "PAAAAYYYNNEE!!!!". There aren't any moments in 3 as memorable as that. It's all too slick and shallow.

Though I don't remember liking MP2's narrative either, that game felt like a tech demo for ragdoll.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2012, 13:03.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 15, 2012, 12:41 Dmitri_M

I don't see you being able to avoid metro completely.

Your argument is "Yeah Metro is useless but guys I'm sure you can avoid it! Here look at the screenshot they've left 75% of the existing UI as is!". Why didn't they just leave all of the existing UI in place and allow us to disable the super sized start menu app store (Metro) then?

Nothing wrong with letting MS know when they've made a blunder.

1. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 10:39 Dmitri_M

An 8 year gap between games does not equal 8 years in development?

Michael Pachter is a fucking moron.

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 15, 2012, 10:25 Dmitri_M

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 07:31:
Did you guys see that Microsoft made some changes to the desktop side earlier this week?

On that note, why does EVERYONE seem to think Metro is the only thing Windows 8 is? It has a desktop side that looks exactly like Windows 7, less Aero and a Start button (two weird decisions.) I'm not high on Windows 8, but it drives me mad when people ignore that it has two UIs (not that such things ever sound like a good idea.)

It doesn't have "two UIs". It has Metro grafted on top of the existing desktop. There's no way to disable Metro.

Metro is a moronic UI overthink. Why would a desktop user want a massive UI that fills his entire 30 inch screen? I'll be skipping this iteration of Windows, thanks.

That said, I could probably survive the loss of the start button. As it is I pin all needed applications to my taskbar. I no longer use Windows Explorer, only access the start menu for control panel (which I really should just pin to the task bar too).

I bought Windows 7. Why would I bother buying Windows 8 if it's just the existing desktop UI with Metro dog turd coiled on top.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2012, 10:45.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 15, 2012, 00:42 Dmitri_M

m0deth wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 10:53:
2880x1800
Apple really play to their audience. They can't use a commonly used resolution like 2560. Is 2880 even a recognised standard?
I guess those extra few pixels will give Apple types something to boast over.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 15, 2012, 00:10 Dmitri_M

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 21:48:
Unless you fancy RSI within 2 years touch screens will never be more than a gimmick in actual work environments so no fear of anyone upgrading to W8 Whoever thought its smart to have to physically move your entire arm/shoulder to touch something on a screen needs to be smacked, very VERY hard.
Yeah the only people who think touch screen interfaces are conducive to productivity are apple fanboy tech "journalists" who don't actually do any real work dependent on computers.

News Comments > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Teaser
5. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Teaser Jun 14, 2012, 22:25 Dmitri_M

The name reminds me of a NIN song title.  

News Comments > Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters
21. Re: Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters Jun 14, 2012, 10:42 Dmitri_M

I will never understand what motivates people to cheat in online games.  

News Comments > Resonance Demo
4. Re: Resonance Demo Jun 13, 2012, 20:38 Dmitri_M

Tried the demo, seems really polished. Decent voice acting too.

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 15:42:
Wadjet Eye Games? WTF kind of name is that?
Well I guess his post count is now higher..? Beyond that I don't see the point.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Announced
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Announced Jun 13, 2012, 13:07 Dmitri_M

If it isn't better than JA2 and I'm still happy to run through JA2 with a tweaked 1.13 mod, why would I bother with this?  

News Comments > Endless Space Beta
6. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 12:43 Dmitri_M

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 12:23:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 12:06:
It's good but a tad thin. It reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire in that respect. Quick to pick up and play but not a great deal beneath the surface. SOSE being a Homeworld-like 4x lite, Endless Space a Galciv-like 4x lite.

It is very polished and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth though.

Agreed on the Galciv part but I wouldn't compare SoSE to Homeworld. Those are two vastly separate games in terms of style, gameplay and purpose. The only thing they really have in common is the theme of space.
I was speaking broadly. The visual style of the battles in SOSE, controlling individual ships reminding me of a simplified Homeworld combat gameplay. Compared to Endless space which has a simple card system for battles and more of a focus on star system exploration..which feels like a simplified Galciv.

News Comments > Endless Space Beta
4. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 12:06 Dmitri_M

It's good but a tad thin. It reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire in that respect. Quick to pick up and play but not a great deal beneath the surface. SOSE being a Homeworld-like 4x lite, Endless Space a Galciv-like 4x lite.

It is very polished and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth though.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jun 12, 2012, 23:11 Dmitri_M

Too bad EA own the rights to AC.  

1877 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo