Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1879 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
36. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 22, 2012, 02:17 Dmitri_M

I'm not giving any money to this guy for an unreleased game. He's been playing the publisher system long enough to know how to source funds.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 18, 2012, 13:04 Dmitri_M

Perhaps the watch..looked exactly..like a bomb.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM
38. Re: Star Citizen Passes $4.2MM Nov 18, 2012, 05:51 Dmitri_M

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 01:36:
2012: The year of the kickstarter. (From a gaming perspective) Going from obscurity to near daily new projects.

Pretty damn cool.

It'll be cool once they're actually released..

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail
24. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 18, 2012, 03:57 Dmitri_M

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 19:28:
Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 19:18:
Arabs are known for their hospitality.

And christians always do the right thing!

Yea stereotypes!

Americans live in fear it's a big wide world if you can find it on a map that is.

21. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 19:18 Dmitri_M

Arabs are known for their hospitality.  

9. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 08:48 Dmitri_M

I wonder exactly what these two guys got up to to make themselves so suspicious to be thrown in prison. Scaled a fence? Maybe you can get away with that in Czech Republic..

Setting a war game on a Mediterranean tourist island really is..an obscure silly idea.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 12:58 Dmitri_M

How many canoes would have to make it over the entire Atlantic to support an invasion of Europe.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion Nov 16, 2012, 12:47 Dmitri_M

How do the Aztecs reach Europe? Canoes?  

News Comments > Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today
7. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 16, 2012, 03:35 Dmitri_M

Darks wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 22:46:
Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 15, 2012, 16:24:
You can't build FOBS after game start. The trick is to move decisively before you run out of ammo.

I usually place two FOBS.

I usually have two pairs of Chinooks that I use to rearm units in the field. Most of the micromanaging I do in the game is moving the chinooks back and forth making sure they are always just behind enemy lines. I never use trucks for rearming. Rearming with air units is so much easier, and faster.

Try playing the SP campaign or skirmish against the AI to speed up your leveling.

See, this is the problem I have with this game. Why can we even buy the damn things if you canít even build more or move the FOB forward? Itís stupid and lame at the same time. And the Trucks are worthless. The supplies run out entirely way to fast. If our military supply trucks ran out as fast as this shit does, we would have a serious problem with fighting wars. This game is not realistic in that regard. itís the lame ass developers making them run out fast to stall the pace of the game. Stupid!!

It's an intentional gameplay mechanic forcing you to act rather than turtling like you might do in a conventional RTS.

News Comments > Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today
4. Re: Wargame: European Escalation Free DLC Today Nov 15, 2012, 16:24 Dmitri_M

You can't build FOBS after game start. The trick is to move decisively before you run out of ammo.

I usually place two FOBS.

I usually have two pairs of Chinooks that I use to rearm units in the field. Most of the micromanaging I do in the game is moving the chinooks back and forth making sure they are always just behind enemy lines. I never use trucks for rearming. Rearming with air units is so much easier, and faster.

Try playing the SP campaign or skirmish against the AI to speed up your leveling.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
13. Re: finally.... Nov 15, 2012, 03:40 Dmitri_M

Generic Game Tech Demo demo'ing generic game tech  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 14:12 Dmitri_M

scratz wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 12:30:
Meanwhile, 24 million people bought and played GTA4, making it one of the most successful games of all time, and this trailer seems to offer more and better of the same.

I'm in.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that."

News Comments > Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation
12. Re: Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation Nov 10, 2012, 06:11 Dmitri_M

Game development is mostly down to luck and the right circumstances. There are no "masters".  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced
6. Re: Dead Space 3 Announcement Announced Nov 8, 2012, 15:11 Dmitri_M

i just pushed out a big announcement ahh  

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Oct 26, 2012, 15:52 Dmitri_M

He's old. It's over. Retire with dignity. Not leotard fur covered body armour.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 19:22 Dmitri_M

The music is all inside the game folder as OGG. Any decent audio app will be able to play them directly  

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
7. Re: DiRT 4 Hints? Oct 24, 2012, 16:03 Dmitri_M

The last time I enjoyed Dirt was when it was called Colin McRae Rally.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Hotline Miami Oct 24, 2012, 08:35 Dmitri_M

Loving it, game has a great atmosphere.

It could do with a mouse sensitivity slider though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 09:00 Dmitri_M

pnag wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 08:34:
Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 14, 2012, 07:33:
My opinion on Prometheus and any attempt to remake Bladerunner..potential spoilers ahead:

Prometheus sucked... no one past the age of 10 cares about.

I'll not reveal your spoilers, but instead latch onto the bit above.

No one past the age of 10? Man, the departments of theology and philosophy in the University where I work are gonna be sooooo pissed...
These are not films about academics though, they're about scientists and soldiers dealing with challenges, trying to survive. It's unlikely to me that characters dealing with extremely dangerous alien life forms would first think about high concept themes like "creation" rather than first dealing with realities.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2012, 07:33 Dmitri_M

My opinion on Prometheus and any attempt to remake Bladerunner..potential spoilers ahead:

Prometheus sucked. The previous films were about survival, perhaps they hinted at larger questions related to mankind but they didn't bash us over the head with "creation" myths. The god question is a waste of time. You expect us to believe mega corporations in the future are run by people who sit around fretting about "meeting their creators"? It's one thing to hint at something larger, some awe inspiring mystery it's another to lay it bare and straight tell the audience oh yeah now we'll populate the story with characters obsessed with things no one past the age of 10 cares about. Bladerunner and the first two Alien films hinted at all kinds of themes regarding human nature, survival, what it means to be an individual (in Deckard's case) without needing to outright say it. That's what made those films great. Big concepts like creation suck the humanity out of the story and make the characters seem silly.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 07:41.

1879 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo