Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1794 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Speed Announced
15. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 11, 2014, 03:15 Dmitri_M

theglaze wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 18:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 14:40:
If they'll release World of Speed before Project CARS I'll be extremely pissed. It seems like Project CARS is in development since forever!

Maybe it should come out first? If it truly is sharing the engine and net code of Project CARS, then by all means, let a bunch of kids play this silly racer so the developer can sort out the inevitable issues at launch.

That said, I'm hugely skeptical of what Slightly Mad can put together for a sim...advertising NFS Shift 1 and 2 on the CARS website for their claim of racing simulator pedigree is like putting Time Crisis down as a reference and embarking on developing the best virtual police firearm simulator.

Project Cars is not far off from sims like assetto corsa. Not as nuanced as AC, easily on par or surpassing Gtr2/simbin titles though. The tire model additions in the past couple of months have really improved the physics feel. If you drive the cars (especially those with tire models that have been under development longer ie formula C) on their limit it's as challenging as any recent sim.

To say that it's closer to NFS is nonsense not flaming just pointing out a fact).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
41. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 17:15 Dmitri_M

Redmask wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 16:48:
Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:21:
Don't be such a narrow minded turd. If this is what Russia presents to the world, so be it. All countries should be allowed to present the Olympics..so the world can see them for who they are.

Speaking of turds, 51 billion dollars might go a long way toward paying for infrastructure that would let people flush them. If this is how they treat public facing foreigners then I shudder to think of what the impoverished are dealing with over there.

Shrug. I'm enjoying it. We host the World Cup in 2010. South African government poured money into it. Private companies were willing to pitch in. Governments KNOW how to spend on stuff like this. They have no idea how to spend money where it's really needed.

Cretton wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 16:18:
Countries that can't financially shoulder the burden of an Olympic games shouldn't get to host them. That shouldn't be too fucking difficult to comprehend.
But they will. Because they want to. And people like you are gonna have to shut up and live with it. Turn your big screen tv back to PBS and keep watching those "starving african children" commercials, for the love of christ.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 17:20.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 15:21 Dmitri_M

Surprise surprise the rest of the world isn't America or Europe. That's in response to the posters here, not those journalists. Some of you need to get out more.

It looks kind of like a fun adventure. The company is paying to send me to a train wreck and I get to make funny posts about it. The journalists need to develop a gallows sense of humour. Take it in stride. Let the pictures do the talking..

Cretton wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:41:
Btw, this is also why bullshit countries like backwater Russia, and in a few years Brazil, shouldn't get to host the fucking Olympics.

Don't be such a narrow minded turd. If this is what Russia presents to the world, so be it. All countries should be allowed to present the Olympics..so the world can see them for who they are.

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
16. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 12:00 Dmitri_M

Any tips for improving performance? I realise it's in an early state but this game runs real slow on my system. I'm running a 570m (equiv to a desktop 560). It's odd that Project Cars runs well for me nearly maxed out but this doesn't. It's so laggy I can hardly play it. I guess I need to run it on low.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 14:38 Dmitri_M

Anything with BIS attached to it will polarise. I am absolutely surprised that so many are buying into DayZ though. I am over the BIS "hardcore of hardcore sandbox" style gameplay their engine inspires but I can totally see why people are discovering it now. Refreshingly tough? Too bad it's about 10 years too late for me (OFP).

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:30:
But you're a habitual cry baby
Haha, so true. He annoys me more than the trolls.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
9. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 10:37 Dmitri_M

Am I a racist evil son of a bitch if I go to the home page for crossfire and understand why it makes so much money simply by looking at the faces of the people who liked it on Facebook.  

News Comments > NASCAR '14 for PC Next Month
10. Re: NASCAR '14 for PC Next Month Jan 10, 2014, 04:31 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:59:
Do I get a pit crew with guys named Skeeter and Cooter? Do I get crack ho southern trash flashing their saggy tits at me as I drive by? Do I get drunken redneck clowns driving monster truck 4x4's with rebel flags and shotgun racks in the inner field?
No but you do get a series of cliche riddled posts drenched in sarcasm and superiority.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
24. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 16:24 Dmitri_M

6v6 sounds like a setup for competitive play. who would want AI mucking about getting in the way? this is weird

i don't mind a lower player count. i am just conditioned from years of FPS play to view it as a more focused game (when there's less players).

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
20. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jan 8, 2014, 07:23 Dmitri_M

I keep installing new drivers and never running into problems. It's been that way for years.  

News Comments > Hitman Game Cancelled [Updated]
10. Re: Hitman Game Cancelled Jan 6, 2014, 13:06 Dmitri_M

I always loved these games. I did not play the last though but I got a lot of great gaming time out of the previous titles. It's a shame the series die.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
21. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2013, 11:37 Dmitri_M

What's the worst that happens from the NSA spying on our pointless lives?

^Dangling bait

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2013, 06:24 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 22:04:
That was dumb. I've been hit by 2 cars, wiped out on a motorcyle, and fallen off a bridge a good 30 ft once and I was fine - banged up and brusied sure, but fine. In fact I've only ever broken one bone, my forearm and that happened falling off a curb on to the street. And John McClane isn't your average guy. So no, John McClane does NOT die. It's why he's the fly in the ointment, the monkey in the wrench, the pain in the ass.

I once ran for president of the navy seals.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
50. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 15, 2013, 05:05 Dmitri_M

I picture an artist dragging the Photoshop hue and saturation slider to make the textures gold. And then charging $500 for it.

Anyone who spends money on this, or those awful Star Citizen space ships..yes, awful because there are unemployed 3D artists who can do a better job on the art and while they are above average models they do not warrant the prices they're going for..but I digress.. Anyone who spends money on these things is a M O R O N.

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam "Any Day Now"
18. Re: Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam Dec 15, 2013, 04:23 Dmitri_M

Rattlehead wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 00:14:
Dmitri_M wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 23:26:
Rattlehead wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 13:43:

Secondly, everyone knows it has nothing to do with the traditional Metal Gear Solid games

Not everyone knows about rubbish games.
game is far from rubbish with excellent review scores across the board. Try playing it before mouthing off.

I just took a Metal Gear Runny.

News Comments > Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam "Any Day Now"
12. Re: Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on Steam Dec 14, 2013, 23:26 Dmitri_M

Rattlehead wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 13:43:

Secondly, everyone knows it has nothing to do with the traditional Metal Gear Solid games

Not everyone knows about rubbish games.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
70. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 21:29 Dmitri_M

theglaze wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 18:03:
Cabezone wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:50:
I don't have trouble steering my car and looking around
I'm tempted to pickup a development kit just to try out iRacing...
The dev kit's resolution is not high enough for sim games. I tried it with a bunch of Simbin titles and Assetto Corso which supports it natively. I'd hold off for the consumer version.

News Comments > Desert Strike TMed
10. Re: Desert Strike TMed Dec 4, 2013, 16:58 Dmitri_M

My guess is a mobile title. With IAP of turd fruit missiles. Every mobile game contains a fruit.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
88. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 19:03 Dmitri_M

Sad news

rip

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2013, 15:45 Dmitri_M

No war fascinates me as much as the Vietnam war. Both sides.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 15:19 Dmitri_M

Assetto is getting a lot of hype but I'm tired of putting money into incomplete racing titles. I'll wait this one out.  

1794 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo