Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1952 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:38 Dmitri_M

I will wait until the state of the pc port becomes clear. I recall 4's performance on PC being terrible.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
8. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 09:15 Dmitri_M

Krovven wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 01:13:
Darks wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 18:28:
How about removing GFWL from Op Flashpoint Red River?

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking Op Flashpoint is a dead IP while Dirt series isn't and I believe they already have Dirt 4 on the way. If Dirt 3 MP wasn't updated that would piss off many people that may skip the next game.

Who cares about Operation Flashpoint Red River anyhow. It was everything casual players wanted from Flashpoint. Quake style movement, sepier coloured graphics and a hand holding campaign - with none of the things that made the original title truly standout (modding capabilities, built in easy mission editor, endless mission design options). Which is why the Codemasters retake died a much deserved death. While ArmA lives on successfully, with all those features including the nutty stuff we all hate - clunky movement, unoptimised engine and uninspired campaign.

News Comments > etc., etc.
30. removed Apr 1, 2015, 10:40 Dmitri_M

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 1, 2015, 10:42.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
24. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 12:19 Dmitri_M

Sleep wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 12:00:
Luke wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 11:40:
Illumin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 10:26:
I backed 3 ships more for lifetime insurance than the ship(s) itself. Why? Because I don't want to feel obligated to grind for cash just to insure my ship (s) if I want to pirate etc. I know Ill have to pay for weapons and systems again but still better than grinding out a monthly quota to pay for insurance. Back when I was in my 20s I didn't mind nerding out for 48 hour marathons of gaming, not anymore though.

Holy moly , just listen to what you say do you even want to play this so called game , i guess you are one of those WHO pay others to play for you also because you don't have the time and don't want to feel the pain when your 1000$ pixel gets raped ( like your wallet)......pathetic

What difference does it make to you how other people spend their money? Go out and earn some if you're so jealous.

It isn't jealousy. It's incredulity.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 13:50 Dmitri_M

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:15:
The Steam pre-order bonus for GTAV is absolutely worthless. Why would I want a money cheat as my pre-order bonus? Should have included some actual content or cosmetic items.

Everyone already has it on console why would they want to start all over from the start when they buy it a second time Right? Right?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 14:39 Dmitri_M

Anyone finding Cities a little too easy? I recall having a harder time keeping my citizens happy in Simcity 4, though it's been 2 years since I played that title.

Crime seems non-existent. My buildings are rarely devolving and it seems impossible for population growth ever to be in the negative.

There's a layer of depth missing to the game. It's almost there, just not quite. Perhaps something simple like more detailed stats would help. Or giving the player the impression that they could micromanage (the individual building budget sliders in Simcity 4).

Still a great city builder though. The road network creation system is very flexible and a lot of fun to use.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2015, 14:44.

News Comments > Brother against Brother Next Month
4. Re: Brother against Brother Next Month Mar 18, 2015, 14:09 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 12:04:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:28:
I'm still waiting for Call of Duty: Civil Warfare.

That'd be pretty cool actually. Is there a FPS Civil War game that exists? Hell, I'd love to see a 3D Colonization simulator. Taking your wagon across the plains, dealing with the hostile wilds and savages! Building your cabin, working the land, animals, etc.
I'm sure a developer will eventually get to it. Then you can post here how shit it is.

News Comments > TITAN X Available
23. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 18, 2015, 08:43 Dmitri_M

I was approaching 4k pixel density 6 years ago running 3 x 1920 by 1200 monitors for ArmA, flight sims and racing games. So at least from a pixel density standpoint some of us have been running at near 4k res for a long time. I still couldn't justify the expense of this card though.  

News Comments > Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken
12. Re: Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken Mar 16, 2015, 15:44 Dmitri_M

Hawken is closer to Heavy Gear 2 (or Shogo Mobile Armor Division..) than Mechwarrior. Twitch based robot action.

I think the pretty level design let the game down, even if that was one of the things that hyped people initially. The levels are nice looking but the seeming complexity of the visual design is shallow. You're running and jumping your way through maps made of massive simplistic blocks covered in the same repeated details. Nothing in the design made me feel like I was operating a large robot.

They added a forest map before I quit playing. Even that featured massive trees that made the mechs feel small.

It's possible some of this changed since I last played though. I think they were planning environmental destruction.

Obscure reference, whole thing reminded me of playing a fragtown map in quake

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2015, 15:53.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2015, 12:49 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 15:34:
Most of the neg reviews are people who seem to think they were getting a full-on Civ type game for $15. $15 is too much, but $5 would be fair.

So people were expecting too much for $15. Yet $5 is fair

News Comments > Starship Ahoy - Sid Meier's Starships
4. Re: Starship Ahoy - Sid Meier's Starships Mar 13, 2015, 07:25 Dmitri_M

I have a backlog of unfinished titles with actual gameplay depth. This seems too much on the casual end for me. No room for it I'm afraid.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
76. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 10, 2015, 03:52 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 02:40:
Zor wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 23:47:
yet, as an example, Diablo 3 took 10 years for Blizz to develop.

2-3 years is certainly possible for a AAA game... just not all of them. Nothing wrong with either length of time, as long as it gets done and done well.

Not sure Diablo 3 is the best analogy.

1. D3 was not developed continuously over that time. The initial version was canceled in 2005, and they had to restart from scratch, IIRC.

2. Blizzard had literally billions of dollars from WoW to fund development. There was no chance at all that running out of money would be the reason the game didn't ship.

There is a non-zero chance that RSI will run out of money, and the longer things stretch out, the greater that becomes. That's what I'm saying. That being said, I don't think that % is very large ATM, but it's growing.

Those who take the time to defend star citizen, especially those that register on a site specifically to defend it, are game purchasers who follow games but not games development. More likely to buy marketing hype. Or depending on your perspective more enthusiastic

Star Citizen seems to have cornered the market of guys with large disposable incomes that don't follow games development closely yet still remember a time when they played Elite in their bedroom as teens. I think they hear about star citizen, blindly get excited and just pay, then get back to their other non game related lives/hobbies.

I'm ok with being labeled a cynic if I can label them as gullible

News Comments > Steam Machines in November
35. Re: Steam Machines in November Mar 7, 2015, 07:49 Dmitri_M

I prefer to build my own steam atms rather than buy pre-built ones  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Video Diary
9. Re: Cities: Skylines Video Diary Mar 6, 2015, 06:38 Dmitri_M

Cities in Motion was a quality title. Hoping this is to the same standard.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 3, 2015, 14:00 Dmitri_M

My lord I have a cunning plan  

News Comments > $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition
15. Re: $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition Feb 25, 2015, 08:09 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 03:35:
Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 02:51:
I'm really enjoying this game, innovative or not. And somehow I seem to have been spared any major bugs.

Soooooooo, gonna upgrade to Apoc Edition?

No way. I re-mortgaged my house to invest in Star Citizen.

News Comments > $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition
12. Re: $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition Feb 25, 2015, 02:51 Dmitri_M

I'm really enjoying this game, innovative or not. And somehow I seem to have been spared any major bugs.  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
77. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 07:38 Dmitri_M

You have time in your busy day to play a video game you've spent 3200 dollars on?

Insanity. 3200. Insane.

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:42:
What is it you really need to get out Julio, were you abused as a child, did your wife leave you?

What does the amount I've pledged have anything to do with being a fanboy? I see it as an investment in entertainment, if it doesn't pan out then I guess it was a bad investment, no matter, I think I'll survive.

News Comments > SPINTIRES Rolling Again; DLC & Sequel Plans
4. Re: SPINTIRES Rolling Again; DLC & Sequel Plans Feb 20, 2015, 16:43 Dmitri_M

Some very nice graphics tech present in this game. The terrain and water deformation is easily the best I've ever seen. I wish FPS titles had stuff like this.

Gameplay wise it has the same appeal that Euro Truck Simulator has.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera DLC Released
7. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2: Secrets of Aethera DLC Released Feb 19, 2015, 17:26 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 16:41:
tl;didn'tcutter
At this point I am unable to read something this long written by you regardless of it finally, finally relating to actual games you play.

1952 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo