Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1796 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
24. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 13:30 Dmitri_M

Verno wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 13:24:
Someone should create a list of failed or vaporware virtual reality headsets. Virtualboy anyone? These devices always look like expensive eyestrain inducers.

Hey man, Mario Tennis on the Virtual Boy owned I remember trying to play that thing in the car, what a nightmare. Makes you really feel for your parents, think about all of the dumb shit you wanted as a kid that you used twice and discarded but they still had to pay for.
I have stacks of old gaming peripherals collecting dust in my parent's garage. Each time I visit I catch a glimpse of them all dusty and discarded (the peripherals, not my parents). Years later still feel guilt for abandoning them after mere hours.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
21. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 13:18 Dmitri_M

Someone should create a list of failed or vaporware virtual reality headsets. Virtualboy anyone? These devices always look like expensive eyestrain inducers.

The resolution is low but at least this means you could lather on AA without any performance hit.

Anything that currently supports trackIR, mostly sims like DCS and ArmA should be easy to modify to support it. Not sure how suited this is for standard FPS titles like Doom. TrackIR doesn't work well with those conventional titles since you "look" with your gun. Unlike flight sims and odd FPS titles like ArmA where the player can move his view independently of the weapon. Most PC gamers can barely cope with ArmA's independant head\weapon view or even know to use it.

I'm happy sticking with my trackIR and 3x24inch LCDs which I've been using for..5 years?

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2012, 13:24.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September Aug 2, 2012, 11:11 Dmitri_M

Poor voice acting? The voices are a huge part of the originals.

Still don't see any reason to get this since I always have JA2 installed somewhere on my drive.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
6. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:27 Dmitri_M

Aero wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 09:20:
It's a shame there is no single-player play except for the story mode. I liked that and all, but all the cut scenes make me not willing to replay it to get to the action scenes so much, so just putting me in, say, the airport or office foyer level with respawning waves of enemies would be plenty for me. I find it hard to imagine they couldn't whip that up pretty easily.

After completing the game and not touching it for weeks I booted it up and tried playing through some of the story stuff, but being forced to sit through the forever cutscenes killed it. Uninstalled.

Also, at 30gig for an install folder that thing was dead weight. 8 gigs in the cutscenes folder. Hell yeah. Bye bye.

I replayed MP1 and MP2 over and over after completion.

Way to go encouraging no one to return to your game, or to purchase your DLC.

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
14. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 18:25 Dmitri_M

F2P? Free to ignore..  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2012, 08:52 Dmitri_M

lol. linux.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: the matrix has you Jul 28, 2012, 05:50 Dmitri_M

I don't pay much mind to the Olympics. No feelings towards it either way. If people want to build the stadiums and pay it off with their taxes for 20 years to come, shrug, so be it.

I also don't pay much attention to Americans saying the Olympics is a waste of time since I know that they despise anything international that didn't originate in America. That's ok, I understand

What's that Superbowl thing all about? Damn internet get's flooded with banner ads and articles about it each year. Shrug, I guess someone out there likes it.

space captain wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 16:26:
argghh!! i need help ignoring this! please automate my perception so i dont even see anything that disrupts my precious self-obsession! i cant operate my mind properly without mechanical assistance!
So says the Lord of the Flies on the island of the ignored Bluesnews members.

I don't bother with the ignore function. Not even Cutter.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Interactive Trailer
21. Re: Crysis 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 07:48 Dmitri_M

You'd think by now they'd realise no one cares about this franchise.

Total lack of creativity. Move on Crytek, try to do something original.

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Jul 27, 2012, 03:14 Dmitri_M

How about working on a PC only title and having a recruiter (mind you, an agency recruiter not one that worked for an actual game company - still, it speaks to all of their collective "minds") say: "Hmm, that PC title is hardcore, only weirdo's play that, only people who never leave the house play that." Translation: Are you a weirdo?

PC gaming. Giving street cred to developers everywhere.

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 23:04:
It's not so much a filter for experience as it is for chutzpah. They want someone who really wants to be there. And if said person can sell them on themself without the experience he stands a damn good chance of landing the job.
Likely they'll just ignore or filter you out. In the days of Skype interviews and "apply by e-mail only no walk-ins or phone calls" your notion of chutzpah is archaic.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2012, 03:54.

News Comments > Microsoft Flight Grounded
41. Re: Microsoft Flight Grounded Jul 26, 2012, 20:13 Dmitri_M

I want to meet the pissant who thought MS Flight Simulator could be dumbed down and see increased profits. I bet it's some 27 year old kid who grew up playing N64 on his couch (I like to have a clear identifiable target for my dissatisfaction, we need more of that). Flight sims are a niche market with an established fan base. Their sales must have been predictable, they must have been profitable relative to their budget.. This is just greed. MS FS must sell COD numbers! It seems if a franchise isn't selling 5 million units it's deemed a failure.  

News Comments > Mad Catz's Flight Simulator X Add-on Plans
8. Re: Mad Catz's Flight Simulator X Add-on Plans Jul 26, 2012, 02:42 Dmitri_M

the internal build of the x52's is quite poor. mine died after a few months.  

News Comments > Arma 2 Patch
2. Re: Arma 2 Patch Jul 25, 2012, 07:56 Dmitri_M

Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 06:24:
adding new video options, adding new patches that help day z, adding more options to help mod makers. Sounds like they are putting at least some of that new inflow of money to work on the game they are getting the money from.

All too often studios take the money and move on to the next project. Its good to see some support.
Nah, this patch has been in ongoing development through their beta patch system for months\years before the DayZ craze. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

We've yet to see any real effect of DayZ.

I credit the community for getting BIS to open their development up more. The bug testing system used by BIS was setup by a community member. As an indie studio producing an FPS they're forced to get their beta content out there. Adding video options to this patch is just a way of beta testing the options for ArmA 3. Much of these changes are likely rolled into that source.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2012, 08:02.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 25, 2012, 05:18 Dmitri_M

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 18:31:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 08:39:
I'm selective with what I post using my real name. The only thing I have under it online is a very mundane flickr account where I post safe travel photos that I'm happy for HR people related to future employers to find. It's better for them to find SOMETHING googling you, rather than no presence at all..

When you have a common name like mine, its a meaningless concept to be able to possibly find something about me on Google, as you'd have to dig many pages in remote hopes of finding the one unique me. Facebook too
Yeah my name is unusual enough that I'm pretty sure I'm the only one out there with it :\ Certainly am from a google search perspective.

Hippie parents combining a first name that has no historical or cultural reason for being paired with my last name, which is unusual enough in and of itself.

I have a friend with an extremely common name who is impossible to find online by the sheer number of duplicates out there.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2012, 01:51 Dmitri_M

I have never visited PA. I'm not sure why people do.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 24, 2012, 08:39 Dmitri_M

I'm selective with what I post using my real name. The only thing I have under it online is a very mundane flickr account where I post safe travel photos that I'm happy for HR people related to future employers to find. It's better for them to find SOMETHING googling you, rather than no presence at all..

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 08:50.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2012, 16:07 Dmitri_M

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 15:05:
Oh give me a break, Microsoft is the 800 lb gorilla in this case and it is absurd to charge an indie 40k+ for a patch.

The only bad guy here is Microsoft as the developer made the game exclusive for their box.

The problem here is drawing the line at one patch, when Microsoft needs to be a bit more flexible. If the game was on Steam it would have been No issue at all.

I have no sympathy for any writer that tries to make out Microsoft the good guy in any way shape or form. He is an IDIOT!
Are your thick black rimmed glasses prescription or purely cosmetic?

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2012, 13:41 Dmitri_M

PHJF wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 13:06:
All that clamoring paid off I guess, $18 (wow what a deal!) for ARMA. Still too much for the privilege of alpha testing a mod, if you ask me.
What does PHJF stand for anyhow? Is it "whine" in Zulu?

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jul 21, 2012, 11:03 Dmitri_M

Purchasing firearms is too easy in the US, and bad things happen.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2012, 09:39 Dmitri_M

That's what happens when script kiddies think they're artists.  

News Comments > Fez Ports Coming?
27. Re: Fez Ports Coming? Jul 20, 2012, 10:11 Dmitri_M

I have no idea. I was talking specifically about those thick black rimmed ones this Fish character wears not glasses in general. It's a red flag. Like a tan on a guido. Or a sleeveless tshirt on a jock showing off roided arms. In creative settings the black rimmed glasses say "yes friends I am slightly different and special; so very creative". They will often make an appearance when the wearer has been promoted to a decision making position.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2012, 10:17.

1796 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo