Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1768 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
31. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 15:09 Dmitri_M

PC gamers are about adventurous today as..console gamers. Ya'll deserve the current state of gaming you're always whinging about.

The PC guys back in 2002 who refused to play OFP because it was too "quirky" went on to migrate exclusively to consoles and call the cover shooter trend and regenerating health "progress". Ten years on not much has changed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
20. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 12:27 Dmitri_M

It's likely the mod development will continue as an open beta. Then at some point BI will wrap it all up with only the needed objects and terrains required by DayZ and release it as a standalone. My guess is by the time it's released standalone the fad will be over. They are very open though and it's doubtful the standalone version will be developed in a closed nature as a cash in. They have to be open. They don't have a real Q&A department and unlike most FPS that aren't indie and owned by large publishers, the devs actually require the community. For better or worst (quirky engine) this is how you get decent interesting PC games. Better than Crytek's\Epic\ID's closed "PC customers are the devil" system even if the overall quality of their products is held to a higher standard (for those goofy console players who only care about the superficial). Of course if BI could develop for consoles as an indie, they surely would But for now they need PC gamers.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2012, 12:32.

News Comments > Source 2 Engine Hint
30. Re: Source 2 Engine Hint Aug 6, 2012, 17:27 Dmitri_M

A minor snippet of info related to something Valve is immediately twisted into HL3 EPISODE3 IT'S COMING FINALLY WOOHOO. In this instance it doesn't even mention the HL series. Nuts.  

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: so dont twist ya eyes, i'll be the one ya saw Aug 6, 2012, 08:38 Dmitri_M

El Pit wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 04:11:
space captain wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 22:38:
eunichron wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 21:18:
Just about every single gamer out there has played it beyond the free month, and a huge majority will continue to play it for the foreseeable future.

ive never played it. not even for a free month.

im so rare and unique!

Same here. We must be a rare breed.

I haven't played it or any other MMO. Mostly because I think all users in those online only games are..space captains.

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
35. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 12:22 Dmitri_M

I somehow missed Blood completely. Is there a decent source port or other newer version I should try or is Dosbox the best route?  

News Comments > QuakeCon 2012 Keynote
10. Re: QuakeCon 2012 Keynote Aug 5, 2012, 06:48 Dmitri_M

Doom4 "when it's done" yet "we want to optimise our pipeline and get games out faster". That "when it's done" shtick is over now that they're owned by Zenimax. While I don't think deadlines are the issue with recent id titles (rather a lack of creativity) I don't see anything groundbreaking coming from id again. Sad really, the only reason I started playing games was id FPS titles. Crytek didn't produce anything with soul after Farcry 1, Epic have devolved their FPS titles into third person gamepad shooters and are now set on producing TF2 shooters for people who enjoy Pixar movies more than their kids, Valve are now a retail store and don't have the willpower to manage their staff to produce another HL, COD is ok but has no replay value and has become completely generic over the past few titles. Am I being overly negative, where are the new fun SP FPS shooters? These used to drive PC gaming. What drives PC gaming now? Console ports and Steam sales of indie games I guess.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
22. Re: Rest of the World says: Aug 3, 2012, 20:41 Dmitri_M

Hey Carmack now that texture sizes and polycounts have hit their limit (consoles!), now that normal maps and real time shadows are passe, how about developing some imaginative physics and realtime animation systems for Doom 4 so that when I blow open a Cacodemon the sludge that pours out of the new buckshot orifice cakes the floor and causes the player model to slip hindering movement oh and along with excessive gore bring back the religious overtones and get Reznor to do a death machine 5.1 surround audio mix and don't be afraid to flood levels with horrific enemies rather than 3 or 4 that hop about and go to "cover" using pretend pretend AI and loop endlessly in A to B cycles rather concentrate on a real Doom game that takes us straight to a visceral gameplay PTS inducing hell I want to be able to blow Cyberdemons in half and hide inside their still pulsating guts using the meat as actual cover while 100s of Demons roar across a cavernous room towards my meat bunker.

News Comments > Dishonored Voice Cast
22. Re: Dishonored Voice Cast Aug 3, 2012, 19:52 Dmitri_M

As someone who enjoys games for gameplay sake I always have subtitles enabled during cutscenes so I can skim read and jump through the cheesy game storylines before the voice actor is finished - I don't care which actor is pulling a pay cheque to do a voice. That's cutscenes though, good voice acting during actual gameplay is always appreciated. Using recognizable names has little point outside of marketing purposes. The celebrity factor detracts from the experience for me. Why is Captain Picard in an RPG. Not that I play RPGs. Too much lame story telling. Too many hokey cutscenes to skip with too many celebrities dialing it in on some lame video game content.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Death Rally Aug 3, 2012, 17:06 Dmitri_M

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 14:33:

If the port is well done, I'd pay the premium just to play with this with controls that actually work a damn. On-screen buttons and sticks on iOS are awful.
I have Gran Turismo 2 running on my android phone using a PS1 emulator with onscreen controls in "simulation mode" (albeit it's still on the forgiving end of driving games) and it's 100% controllable - about as good as a physical gamepad. If a mobile game doesn't control well with touch screen controls it's the developer's fault. No way would I pay a premium for this.

News Comments > LucasArts President Departs
8. Re: LucasArts President Departs Aug 3, 2012, 07:28 Dmitri_M

nin wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 20:40:
It's like no one is steering the ship there. A number of great properties and nothing really happens...

Bizarre.

Yeah it is odd. It's like a front company.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced
17. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 18:18 Dmitri_M

DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:55:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:42:
I think that video would like much better with sprite enemies. when I think ROTT..and Doom for that matter..I think awesome sprites. This trailer just looks like a bad mod from 5 years ago. If you're going to trade on nostalgia for an old title then find a creative way to make it actually look like the original. How about HD sprites?

It would confuse the hell out of kids if they saw sprites on their screen today.

I don't care.

Only people who can remember the original are going to play this anyhow. Especially after seeing that trailer..

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Revival Announced
13. Re: Rise of the Triad Revival Announced Aug 2, 2012, 17:42 Dmitri_M

I think that video would like much better with sprite enemies. when I think ROTT..and Doom for that matter..I think awesome sprites. This trailer just looks like a bad mod from 5 years ago. If you're going to trade on nostalgia for an old title then find a creative way to make it actually look like the original. How about HD sprites?  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
24. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 13:30 Dmitri_M

Verno wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 13:24:
Someone should create a list of failed or vaporware virtual reality headsets. Virtualboy anyone? These devices always look like expensive eyestrain inducers.

Hey man, Mario Tennis on the Virtual Boy owned I remember trying to play that thing in the car, what a nightmare. Makes you really feel for your parents, think about all of the dumb shit you wanted as a kid that you used twice and discarded but they still had to pay for.
I have stacks of old gaming peripherals collecting dust in my parent's garage. Each time I visit I catch a glimpse of them all dusty and discarded (the peripherals, not my parents). Years later still feel guilt for abandoning them after mere hours.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Kickstarter
21. Re: Oculus Rift Kickstarter Aug 2, 2012, 13:18 Dmitri_M

Someone should create a list of failed or vaporware virtual reality headsets. Virtualboy anyone? These devices always look like expensive eyestrain inducers.

The resolution is low but at least this means you could lather on AA without any performance hit.

Anything that currently supports trackIR, mostly sims like DCS and ArmA should be easy to modify to support it. Not sure how suited this is for standard FPS titles like Doom. TrackIR doesn't work well with those conventional titles since you "look" with your gun. Unlike flight sims and odd FPS titles like ArmA where the player can move his view independently of the weapon. Most PC gamers can barely cope with ArmA's independant head\weapon view or even know to use it.

I'm happy sticking with my trackIR and 3x24inch LCDs which I've been using for..5 years?

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2012, 13:24.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September
5. Re: Jagged Alliance: Crossfire in September Aug 2, 2012, 11:11 Dmitri_M

Poor voice acting? The voices are a huge part of the originals.

Still don't see any reason to get this since I always have JA2 installed somewhere on my drive.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked
6. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Plans Reworked Aug 1, 2012, 09:27 Dmitri_M

Aero wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 09:20:
It's a shame there is no single-player play except for the story mode. I liked that and all, but all the cut scenes make me not willing to replay it to get to the action scenes so much, so just putting me in, say, the airport or office foyer level with respawning waves of enemies would be plenty for me. I find it hard to imagine they couldn't whip that up pretty easily.

After completing the game and not touching it for weeks I booted it up and tried playing through some of the story stuff, but being forced to sit through the forever cutscenes killed it. Uninstalled.

Also, at 30gig for an install folder that thing was dead weight. 8 gigs in the cutscenes folder. Hell yeah. Bye bye.

I replayed MP1 and MP2 over and over after completion.

Way to go encouraging no one to return to your game, or to purchase your DLC.

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
14. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 18:25 Dmitri_M

F2P? Free to ignore..  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2012, 08:52 Dmitri_M

lol. linux.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: the matrix has you Jul 28, 2012, 05:50 Dmitri_M

I don't pay much mind to the Olympics. No feelings towards it either way. If people want to build the stadiums and pay it off with their taxes for 20 years to come, shrug, so be it.

I also don't pay much attention to Americans saying the Olympics is a waste of time since I know that they despise anything international that didn't originate in America. That's ok, I understand

What's that Superbowl thing all about? Damn internet get's flooded with banner ads and articles about it each year. Shrug, I guess someone out there likes it.

space captain wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 16:26:
argghh!! i need help ignoring this! please automate my perception so i dont even see anything that disrupts my precious self-obsession! i cant operate my mind properly without mechanical assistance!
So says the Lord of the Flies on the island of the ignored Bluesnews members.

I don't bother with the ignore function. Not even Cutter.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Interactive Trailer
21. Re: Crysis 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 07:48 Dmitri_M

You'd think by now they'd realise no one cares about this franchise.

Total lack of creativity. Move on Crytek, try to do something original.

1768 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo