Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1935 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2013, 14:04 Dmitri_M

What exactly were people expecting from the Ouya? It appears to have turned out exactly as I expected..  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Public Alpha Status Report
9. Re: DayZ Public Alpha Status Report Aug 4, 2013, 13:34 Dmitri_M

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 12:37:
The top three things that ruined an otherwise great game for me:

Navigating indoors, especially stairwells, feels like your character was crossbred with a Buick. Overall movement was clunky and in many cases deadlier (and more frustrating) than the zombies themselves.

Zombie AI ignoring walls and running through them.

Hackers. Not only your typical cheats where people start off with the best weapons and god mode (although it was abundant when I played), but really crazy shit like battleships sitting on top of cities, artillery shells flying around, and every player teleporting into the clouds only to drop to their deaths.

The only way to really enjoy DayZ was to hook up with friends on a forum who own a private server.

Unfortunately these have been problems with BIS games since..hmm..2001? I would not expect any of them to approve drastically, except perhaps anti cheating measures.

News Comments > Crytek Sites Breached
16. Re: Crytek Sites Breached Aug 3, 2013, 20:18 Dmitri_M

I rely on the fact that I'm one in a billion and that I have very little to steal.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders
16. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 15:16 Dmitri_M

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:39:
Considering how utterly horrible Cliffs of Dover turned out (and still is) I would recommend that anyone who even remotely likes aeroplane simulations to stay away from this until they release the game.

Uh no. This is misinformation.

The IL2 sequel is being developed by totally different guys. Responsible for the excellent Rise of Flight, not the guys who bumbled their way through Cliffs of Dover. If there's anyone I trust to do a good job with this it's 777.

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
76. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 29, 2013, 15:06 Dmitri_M

The average gamer isn't all that creative and doesn't understand the type of personality drawn to the hard work it takes to produce something creative like a game.

A guy like Fish needs build a wall between himself and the community using a publicist.

That said, I think his personality is drawn to the shitstorms. Craves positive attention but can't handle criticism. Which as actually quite common among creatives..

I know some game devs who never visit forums for the titles they work on. Reading a bunch of random attacks by people who don't understand deadlines, compromises and the other less glamorous side of video games production is hard for anyone..it sucks the life out of the work you do. These devs have a healthy strategy for dealing with criticism. Isolate yourself from it if you cannot ignore it. Fish does not have a healthy way of dealing with it..

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Shadowrun Returns Jul 27, 2013, 13:45 Dmitri_M

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 13:33:
I loved Shadowrun for the SNES, I've read a few Shadowrun novels and rulebooks, I've watched people play the tabletop game, X-Com UFO Defense is one of my favorite games of all time, I could go for a single player RPG right now, seems like a must buy! Wait...checkpoint saves?!?!? HELL NO!!!!!! You can keep it, idiot devs.

You're missing out on so much over so little.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month
12. Re: Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month Jul 25, 2013, 01:28 Dmitri_M

Looks exceptional. I hope this signals a return to isometric sci-fi games flooding the market! I love me some isometric.  

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
31. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 21, 2013, 08:47 Dmitri_M

After all the shit surrounding the Aliens release I'm kind of surprised everyone is happy about them simply repackaging a classic like Homeworld and cashing in on it.

I love the original. I want a new game. I don't want to play games I've already played a decade prior.. I don't know what there is to be excited about.

Tell me they're making HW3. Then I'd be excited.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light DLC Next Week
3. Re: Metro: Last Light DLC Next Week Jul 10, 2013, 18:58 Dmitri_M

Jivaro wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 16:38:
This game and 2033 are two games on a long list of "to be played" for me. Curiously, I just noticed that there are a lot of shooters in my backlog. (FPS or TPS) I seem to be putting the entire genre off to the side...without really consciously thinking about it. I haven't played Dishonored or Bioshock Infinite for example. I know I will like them, just haven't prioritized them.
I can understand this. I bought all these games but for some reason they sit unplayed in my Steam list. I don't know if it's losing interest (I grew up on Quake and Doom) but these days all I play are RTS. Perhaps because they don't take much time. It's easy to predict how long it'll take me to get the game finished. I no longer enjoy the "visceral" nature of FPS. Seeing shell casings eject from yet another AK or AK-like weapon does not provide me the simple pleasure it once did

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2013, 19:04.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
57. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 13:33 Dmitri_M

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 11:39:
I'll totally wait for the 1.5 version of the game, also known as the PC version.

1.5Beta

News Comments > Project CARS on Steam
10. Re: Project CARS on Steam Jul 8, 2013, 17:52 Dmitri_M

personman_145 wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:43:
The tires are under heavy development. Keep in mind, we've only been on the new SETA tire model for the last few months, tires are still being made and tweaked. Right now they are adding the tire heating and wear that seems to be causing all sorts of issues, but is to be expected in pre-alpha with an early implementation. Also FFB is far from final AFAIK. Could account for the disconnected feeling. This all changes from build to build.

I'm sure Dmitri knows this, but those without access to the info we have may not.

We also have 2 pro drivers as handling and physics consultants, and judging by their forum posts, they take the job very seriously.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying it's a bad time to judge the handling.

Well I don't get time to read the changelogs. I just run the updater occasionally and see if things have improved.

My point was mostly that a plethora of older and current sims feature better handling. Rfactor, the Simbin titles, on and on.

Their budget is going on great graphics. I still like it a lot.. They're getting there.

News Comments > Project CARS on Steam
4. Re: Project CARS on Steam Jul 8, 2013, 15:47 Dmitri_M

Been an "investor" for a year now. Car handling is an issue. It's not arcade. They seem to be trying for a sim but the cars somehow feel disconnected from the road. The game sorely needs some "ordinary" slower cars, too many super powered monster cars that are quite tough to drive with the disconnected handling. That said, it does look amazing. And driving the nippy Caterhams is fun.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2013, 19:24 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 19:18:
siapnar wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 16:26:
Man, was GMG's sale ever lame. That really surprised me how lame it was.
Cutter, I can't remember the last time I saw anything positive come from you.

Oh stfu already, asshole. I"m always saying plenty of postive stuff, asshole trolls like you just want to cause shit around here trolling me and everyone else. So on igmore you go with the rest of the other idiot trolls around here.

Cracks me up

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2013, 18:54 Dmitri_M

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 18:46:
siapnar wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 18:45:
Cutter wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 16:26:
Man, was GMG's sale ever lame. That really surprised me how lame it was.
Cutter, I can't remember the last time I saw anything positive come from you.

He actually liked some game earlier this week, true story!

And when mom runs his bath with just the right temperature. He likes that a lot.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2013, 06:35 Dmitri_M

Perhaps too many failed Kickstarters will teach us why traditional game development is run by bean counting MBA grads.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2013, 17:45 Dmitri_M

The backers are the publishers. This is a company approaching it's publisher and saying "hey this is where we're at, we need more time/funding". If the title is looking good the publisher will probably grant extra time/funding but require much closer involvement. With kickstarters the titles should be good, we know roughly what we're getting from the pitch. But if that title is crap, well unlike a publisher who has a contract with the developer he can't cut his losses and release or easily cancel, sue for breach of contract etc. We ultimately don't have that much power. This is a gamble.

If a kickstarter get's to the point of being funded initially one would hope it's already worth potentially kicking in some more cash.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 17:08 Dmitri_M

I'm getting a strange lag with this game. It's running smoothly but it seems to be moving at 0.8x

Perhaps a vsync thing. It's odd. Never seen that before in a title.

I've also had some crashes.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
6. Re: Evening Screenshots Jul 4, 2013, 10:06 Dmitri_M

Looks a bit too fit for an American.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 3, 2013, 20:22 Dmitri_M

Well it was great on Xbox. So beyond porting issues.. it should be ok..maybe  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 17:35 Dmitri_M

but..can't you just root the phone and run cyanogen or something?  

1935 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo