Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1768 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 13, 2013, 19:45 Dmitri_M

I'd like to see you falling out of a plane with an uzi. Firing it. And actually hitting something.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:14 Dmitri_M

InBlack wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:32:
mch wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:55:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:20:
That was probably the worst scene in all of Breaking Bad history. It was pointless. The whole time I was thinking that maybe they were building to Jesse coming into the room and shooting those two dead. There has to be an incredible pay off for sitting through this.

...they made an entire episode out of Walt and Jesse chasing a fly around the lab.

That was one of my favorite episodes.

I loved that episode too..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 09:20 Dmitri_M

That was probably the worst scene in all of Breaking Bad history. It was pointless. The whole time I was thinking that maybe they were building to Jesse coming into the room and shooting those two dead. There has to be an incredible pay off for sitting through this.

Perhaps it's just my brain automatically blocking anything containing the words "star trek".

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
5. Re: GTA5 PC Confirmed? Aug 13, 2013, 09:08 Dmitri_M

More like this guy has never played a PC game and thinks there is no difference between an Xbox and a PC. Stranger things have happened in the world of business people clueless about their own products.

I hope not though..

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
15. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 13, 2013, 07:29 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 01:24:
You were just whining the other day
Cutter spends his days keeping detailed files on all posters.

News Comments > Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR
33. Re: Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR Aug 10, 2013, 10:43 Dmitri_M

Parias wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 18:00:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:40:
You can't compare OR to a graphics card.

A better comparison would be trackIR. When I got my trackIR 5 years ago I thought it was amazing. But eventually I stopped using it because..I had to wear a cap to play games..it made movement slower etc. Became bit of a chore. I will always acknowledge how good trackIR is, but to be honest I hardly actually used it.

Do you not play many flight sims? I find DCS: A-10 basically unplayable without my TrackIR (now that I've spent enough time with it).

I bought it for ArmA. If I was more into flight sims I could see how it'd be indispensable.

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 10:14:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 10:00:

Long week

Happens to the best of us.

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
30. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 9, 2013, 10:33 Dmitri_M

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 04:47:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:46:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 01:22:
Not to mention that its a fucking twitch shooter now, built for the console shooter masses...
Oh come on. They tweaked some animation parameters. The shitty clunky animation system essentially remains the same. It's still shit, PC gamers everywhere should rejoice at it will never be mainstream.

No, you can throw your weapon around like it weights nothing now, no matter if its a pistol or a heavy machine gun. Even without weapon, you can turn faster than any human being really can. You have very good accuracy while moving fast and yeah well... the animations are 10 times worse than the old ones. And after I saw their video how they did them, without any real actors, I am not surprised they turned out this retarded.

Yes, the old negative mouse acceleration wasnt a good solution either, but at least you could adapt to it quickly and it was closer to reality than this CoD-shit now.

So you're complaining about them removing the floatzone slider? This doesn't make much difference to me because I always had it set to zero in OFP, ArmA and ArmA 2. The weapon float was always optional, all they've done is remove it completely. So many players complained about it anyhow (until experienced players told them how to disable it in options..). There was never any difference between turning with a pistol and turning with a machinegun. The engine has never taken into account weapon weight.

Separate from that ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 both had mouse lag which the community gave enormous amounts of feedback on which the programmers at BIS fixed..

As a long, long time player involved in various community projects very close to BI I can honestly say what they have now is a huge TWEAK of the existing system. It's much the same, but much smoother. The animations were terrible before. The animation system is still just as shit as ever but at least now movement is no longer tied to the stop start nature of the movement transitions (well..it is but they've tweaked the animations to conform to the system rather than letting a bunch of shitty mocap override player movement).

Your post smells.

27. Re: Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR Aug 9, 2013, 10:00 Dmitri_M

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 09:40:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:40:
Sleep wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:16:
Graphics cards? theyll never take off, theyre expensive and who will pay extra money to make water look a bit more real? You mark my words, these things will never sell.

A better comparison would be trackIR. When I got my trackIR 5 years ago I thought it was amazing. But eventually I stopped using it because..I had to wear a cap to play games..it made movement slower etc. Became bit of a chore. I will always acknowledge how good trackIR is, but to be honest I hardly actually used it.

It appears the sarcasm in that quote went completely over your head.

Long week

27. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 9, 2013, 03:46 Dmitri_M

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 01:22:
Not to mention that its a fucking twitch shooter now, built for the console shooter masses...
Oh come on. They tweaked some animation parameters. The shitty clunky animation system essentially remains the same. It's still shit, PC gamers everywhere should rejoice at it will never be mainstream.

15. Re: Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR Aug 9, 2013, 03:40 Dmitri_M

Sleep wrote on Aug 9, 2013, 03:16:
Graphics cards? theyll never take off, theyre expensive and who will pay extra money to make water look a bit more real? You mark my words, these things will never sell.

24. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 8, 2013, 13:24 Dmitri_M

6 updater is indicative of what ArmA is. It's a scripting engine for people with no heart for gaming.  

22. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 8, 2013, 13:21 Dmitri_M

I am not at all surprised they threw out 2 years of work on their SP campaign.

Arma3 is created by a disparate group of 3D modders and programmers. There are no game designers amongst the bunch. They happen to be making a wargame, but have no idea what a wargame should be. I honestly think they compile a list of units, choose some random patch of ground to replicate, decide which technological features they should add to their aging engine and then call it a "game".

Codemaster's involvement in OFP gave BIS direction. The OFP SP campaigns were excellent. You "felt" something running into battle, like it was an actual game.

BIS answer to this is a handful of the usual military units arbitrarily shooting things on a Greek tourist island. For which some of them actually spent time in prison.

The mission editor IS worth the price of the game.. Which is sad for those of us who are bored with it. There is an enormous amount of wasted potential for decent SP.

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
49. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 15:20 Dmitri_M

What makes Rift different to other VR headsets we've seen come and go over the years? Is it just hype? Because it was a kickstarter?

I don't ask this cynically, I'd just like to know what makes it the "one" when it comes to making VR mainstream?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2013, 14:04 Dmitri_M

What exactly were people expecting from the Ouya? It appears to have turned out exactly as I expected..  

News Comments > DayZ Public Alpha Status Report
9. Re: DayZ Public Alpha Status Report Aug 4, 2013, 13:34 Dmitri_M

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 12:37:
The top three things that ruined an otherwise great game for me:

Navigating indoors, especially stairwells, feels like your character was crossbred with a Buick. Overall movement was clunky and in many cases deadlier (and more frustrating) than the zombies themselves.

Zombie AI ignoring walls and running through them.

Hackers. Not only your typical cheats where people start off with the best weapons and god mode (although it was abundant when I played), but really crazy shit like battleships sitting on top of cities, artillery shells flying around, and every player teleporting into the clouds only to drop to their deaths.

The only way to really enjoy DayZ was to hook up with friends on a forum who own a private server.

Unfortunately these have been problems with BIS games since..hmm..2001? I would not expect any of them to approve drastically, except perhaps anti cheating measures.

News Comments > Crytek Sites Breached
16. Re: Crytek Sites Breached Aug 3, 2013, 20:18 Dmitri_M

I rely on the fact that I'm one in a billion and that I have very little to steal.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders
16. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Preorders Jul 29, 2013, 15:16 Dmitri_M

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:39:
Considering how utterly horrible Cliffs of Dover turned out (and still is) I would recommend that anyone who even remotely likes aeroplane simulations to stay away from this until they release the game.

Uh no. This is misinformation.

The IL2 sequel is being developed by totally different guys. Responsible for the excellent Rise of Flight, not the guys who bumbled their way through Cliffs of Dover. If there's anyone I trust to do a good job with this it's 777.

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
76. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 29, 2013, 15:06 Dmitri_M

The average gamer isn't all that creative and doesn't understand the type of personality drawn to the hard work it takes to produce something creative like a game.

A guy like Fish needs build a wall between himself and the community using a publicist.

That said, I think his personality is drawn to the shitstorms. Craves positive attention but can't handle criticism. Which as actually quite common among creatives..

I know some game devs who never visit forums for the titles they work on. Reading a bunch of random attacks by people who don't understand deadlines, compromises and the other less glamorous side of video games production is hard for anyone..it sucks the life out of the work you do. These devs have a healthy strategy for dealing with criticism. Isolate yourself from it if you cannot ignore it. Fish does not have a healthy way of dealing with it..

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Shadowrun Returns Jul 27, 2013, 13:45 Dmitri_M

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 13:33:
I loved Shadowrun for the SNES, I've read a few Shadowrun novels and rulebooks, I've watched people play the tabletop game, X-Com UFO Defense is one of my favorite games of all time, I could go for a single player RPG right now, seems like a must buy! Wait...checkpoint saves?!?!? HELL NO!!!!!! You can keep it, idiot devs.

You're missing out on so much over so little.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month
12. Re: Shadowrun Returns Tomorrow, New Harebrained Kickstarter Next Month Jul 25, 2013, 01:28 Dmitri_M

Looks exceptional. I hope this signals a return to isometric sci-fi games flooding the market! I love me some isometric.  

1768 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo