Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1829 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2013, 05:34 Dmitri_M

Isn't GTAV out already? Two guys in my office have copies. They offered to get me one and I turned it down. That will probably drive some crazy here.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 13, 2013, 08:12 Dmitri_M

Yeah public servers in ArmA can be chaos. It's better played on server communities with a defined play style. This is partly why I hardly play the game MP because I don't have the time to join these communities.

Quboid wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 07:52:
Like I said, it took about 20 minutes to get enough votes the first time and when he returned with a more complicated name, not enough people could figure out exactly what to type. A simple numeric ID could have helped.
Players have always been assigned numerical IDs. If you look in the server's name list you'll see it. Usually a 5 digit number. The vote command works with IDs or player names.

60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 13, 2013, 07:20 Dmitri_M

Quboid wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:52:
D4rkKnight wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:49:
To vote someone off you have to type their name in chat with a pound some or something stupid shit. Nobody knows how to do it or cares and there is no integrated gui elements that assist. It's very sloppy and I've been in the same situation - the guy was never kicked but luckily the map was so large I never ran into him.

This was a co-op mission with everyone spawning at the central airport. He camped outside, shooting down any helicopters that attempted to actually play the mission. No one could avoid him, no one could play the mission. Even if he was found and killed, he respawned and started over with zero penalty.
Use the chat function and call for a vote

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:56 Dmitri_M

They're catering to their fanbase. Most longtime players never bothered with the campaigns at ArmA 1 or ArmA 2. ArmA 3 SP is the mission editor. As it was in ArmA 2 and 1..

They were likely shit anyhow. I don't know. I never touched them and I've had OFP and ArmA installed on every machine I've owned in the past 13 years. I feel pity for any gamer here that actually tried to play through a post 2005 BIS campaign. You guys are true soldiers.

Why they would choose to set it on a weird Greek island and then not include the campaign that would no doubt have given the Greek setting a point - that is truly beyond me. I can only imagine the terrible, terrible campaign they had planned. World War 3 is triggered by elicit trading in olives?

They should be choosing themes. Cold War. Jungle. China versus America. BIS are out of touch and incapable of producing anything with broad appeal. The only reason OFP's campaigns were decent was because Codemasters whipped the Czechs.

They're not capable of developing their own engine into an actual "game". I doubt any of them even play it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 15:11.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 11:20 Dmitri_M

ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 11:05:
Yeah, my experience with Arma is a broken unpolished mess with an incredibly boring campaign. I see no reason to believe things changed here.
Things have changed. There's no campaign to be broken....

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 10:22 Dmitri_M

That image's map scale is totally out. Compare the houses above the city to similar sized houses on the other maps. Clearly the SA etc maps are half the size they should be. Same goes for the city blocks.

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 23:22:
*click.

One of my worries came true - lots of open space with nothing to do.....

Hahaha what? I can't believe people are thinking this based on a scaled jpeg.

Well he'll own GTA V on Xbox, PS3, PC (whoops no), WiiU, Wii, PS2, PS1, Genesis, SNES, NES and Commodore so on all his systems combined that would make the map much larger?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 08:54 Dmitri_M

Large empty areas are needed for flying other wise you'd pass over it in seconds.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sep 11, 2013, 08:49 Dmitri_M

El Pit wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 06:22:
Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs
Saw that song live two weeks ago

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
4. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 02:18 Dmitri_M

Zetler wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:12:
I have to give them credit when credit is due. Its extremely rare in the gaming industry, but they rescued Elemental Enchantress out of the gutter and turned into one of the best fantasy RPG, and to give it away for free to the owners of the original is totally class act.

Keep up the good work.
Best Fantasy RPG? Really? I haven't followed this title at all since it's bad release. Might need to check up what they've done to improve it. I have a lot of trust in Stardock after Galciv.

News Comments > Next Car Game on Greenlight
6. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 16:32 Dmitri_M

They'll get my money because they're the only developers creating Demolition Derby like titles.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
20. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 13:10 Dmitri_M

He's quoted as saying "Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!" so I guess they had some FPS combat already planned? Must have already factored in creating art resources and gameplay additions to facilitate FPS play. Still, seems super ambitious for a Space Sim. I kind of like the ambition though. I hope this all works out in the end.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2013, 13:25.

17. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 12:53 Dmitri_M

ItBurn wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:52:
Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:50:
Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:39:
Was FPS combat always supposed to be part of Star Citizen? It seems a weird thing to add on to a space trading/fighting sim?

It's funny how people were saying they keep adding crazy features. FPS combat sounds like the craziest most ambitious thing you could add to this game.

I haven't backed. But I certainly look forward to it's release. Best of luck to the devs..

Well, this is the Cry engine. Fps combat is actually the default. All they added is the space combat. The hangar module, which is already release already has fps controls. It even has third person. Just because it's incredibly easy.
I'm sorry, but that is not incredibly easy unless they don't mind it being a tacked on and brief. Art resources, weapons, environments, player models, FPS gameplay all need to be implemented. There is nothing straight forward about that.

15. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 12:50 Dmitri_M

Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:39:
Was FPS combat always supposed to be part of Star Citizen? It seems a weird thing to add on to a space trading/fighting sim?

It's funny how people were saying they keep adding crazy features. FPS combat sounds like the most ambitious possible thing they could add to this game. Smells like hubris.

I haven't backed. But I certainly look forward to it's release. Best of luck to the devs.

News Comments > Op Ed
82. Re: Op Ed Sep 7, 2013, 05:28 Dmitri_M

Sepharo wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 04:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 02:08:
Fair enough, but I don't hate PA, I hate seeing this pointless debate pop up every few weeks....

I assumed you must hate it because you twice said it (Penny Arcade) had nothing to do with gaming when it's a gaming related comic, that's runs a gamer charity that also donates games, they've made 4 of their own video games, and run multiple gaming conventions which are each the largest in the U.S.

I mean I guess that's almost nothing to do with gaming.
Penny Arcade are like a club for self referential people who need other people to pat them on the back and say it's ok you're not a geek.

I have never paid attention to them or ever frequented their site. I prefer to spend my time playing game games not games about gamers.

News Comments > DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter
11. Re: DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter Sep 6, 2013, 07:27 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 02:37:

@Elite. Used to be we'd get several sims a year, but that market dried up a decade ago. Now there are only a few studios left, and games are few and far between, even fewer being combat sims. If you don't support this, I'm not sure where else you'll put your money.
Actually I think the genre has been alive and doing well the past few years.. Certainly within the confines of a niche. DCS, ROF, Upcoming IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad from ROF devs, a lot of heavy modding of older engines that have kept some titles alive.

News Comments > Timelines: Assault On America Trailer
5. Re: Timelines: Assault On America Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 20:36 Dmitri_M

Yikes  

News Comments > DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight Preorders/Beta
5. Re: DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight Preorders/Beta Sep 4, 2013, 21:09 Dmitri_M

DCS modules are like that cool high detailed scale model of a Ferrari you have sitting on your desk. You pick it up occasionally marveling at the detail then put it back and don't look at it again for a week.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 4, 2013, 15:55 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:23:
GTA V Voice Cast Features Actual IRL Gang Members.

The Wire used actual gang members as cast.

The Wire is art compared to GTA.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 15:51 Dmitri_M

I feel like it's 2005 all over again and I want to say something passe like "consoles fucking suck".  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
25. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 3, 2013, 06:42 Dmitri_M

This game can still be good in it's own right. Even if someone is slapping the Homeworld name on it arbitrarily..

I don't believe everything is as black and white as Pitchford being involved makes it shit. Is he directly involved in development? Or this just in a business capacity?

1829 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo