Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1794 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Leaks?
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Leaks? Aug 25, 2013, 07:57 Dmitri_M

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 06:38:
Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 02:16:
I have friends on both platforms and there's no way I'm buying 2 copies of every game just to play with some. I'll just get GTA on one platform and be happy

Almost time for media blackout with this game.

I don't buy 2 copies of every game. I buy all GTA games on all platforms.....
Urg

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
31. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 23, 2013, 13:24 Dmitri_M

Redmask wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 22:08:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 20:02:
hehe well the engine will be built upon as it has been for the past 12+ years but you won't get a new one. that's something anyone with even a mild knowledge of PC FPS titles should know.

That's not a ringing endorsement considering the general state of it.
Reality

29. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 20:02 Dmitri_M

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 18:53:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 18:38:
I'm glad you guys got suckered into it so longtime ofp/arma (non-zombie style) players like myself who "get the game" could benefit

zombie type games attract casual gamers, bis got lucky with this mod
>rolling eyes< Whatever feeds your puerile little self delusion. I "get the game" and it doesn't change the fact that the engine is janky and unpolished. There have been a number of hardcore realism shooters over the years that provided the same feel and gameplay....but with an underlying framework that functioned efficiently. But, in the end, you are 100% correct, they got lucky. Without the DayZ mod, they wouldn't have had a quarter the sales they enjoyed. Let's just hope they don't pocket the money and run rather than investing it in a new and hopefully robust engine.
hehe well the engine will be built upon as it has been for the past 12+ years but you won't get a new one. that's something anyone with even a mild knowledge of PC FPS titles should know.

also, out of curiosity name these hardcore shooters that have provided the same feel and gameplay. because believe me if they existed i would not be playing a BIS game.

27. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 18:38 Dmitri_M

PHJF wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 15:42:
I'm one of those that plunked down the cash for ARMA II just to play DayZ. I regret every cent. It was horribly buggy and the underlying ARMA platform just feels....I don't know...poorly thrown together. It made for an interesting, if not frustrating experience overall. I love the concept and really want a hardcore survival game like this, but preferably one built by a dev that really wants a solid release product

You and me both.

I'm glad you guys got suckered into it so longtime ofp/arma (non-zombie style) players like myself who "get the game" could benefit

zombie type games attract casual gamers, bis got lucky with this mod

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 15:05 Dmitri_M

I don't understand why some of you think this means there might be a DK for PC. They're just packaging up an old IP for release on a mobile platform to make some cash. Probably outsourced to some company somewhere and since it's a developed IP it's safe producing it cheaply. Little risk an outsourcing company will mess it up since there's a lot of material to work with. "Here guys copy this". From a production standpoint.. WE know they might not do the originals justice but from EA's perspective they get a safe little cash cow for mobile that requires little gameplay or conceptual development.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 15:15.

News Comments > Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access
10. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 13:32 Dmitri_M

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 10:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 09:53:
You guys make it sound like a lot of fun.
I might grab it when it goes on sale again.

Again? It's on sale now.

Dmitri_M, there was a bug where infantry in forest would be labelled as panicked when they should, but no actual panic penalties would be applied. Does your tactic still work?
Haven't noticed any issues. Though I tend to use veteran and elite infantry since they rarely panic. As such I may not have noticed the bug.

Just finished a nice little 1v1. Hit and run infantry attacks then quickly relocate as the air strikes come in. Infantry decks are risky to play with. You sometimes get wiped out wholesale but it's so much fun choppering your entire army in fast and deploying into every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 13:39.

2. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 09:50 Dmitri_M

BISigh  

6. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 09:39 Dmitri_M

Yeah in MP just when you think you have the perfect deck some guy will unleash some obscure unit you haven't heard foiling an offensive.

Unlike so many RTS there's no guaranteed way to win. The tactics are so varied, often down to just the right timing.

At the moment I'm fielding mostly infantry and support units. I love hiding infantry in forests and then walking them to the edge when unsuspecting enemy units move by. Infantry is much improved in ALB.

4. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 08:52 Dmitri_M

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 08:40:
never bothered with this one.
An error, sir.

News Comments > Terminator Games Planned
25. Re: Terminator Games Planned Aug 22, 2013, 07:39 Dmitri_M

Having played Terminator games on the NES, in the Arcade and on the PC, I can honestly say the best Terminator game is Farcry 3 Blood Dragon..  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 07:35 Dmitri_M

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 00:12:
Dev wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 22:44:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 22:43:
Yeah it f-ing pisses me off when they take these franchises that we're dying for a sequel and make damn cell phone games with them. What's the idea anyway? Cell phone users aren't the DK fans. You always do this EA, try to kill franchises.
The idea is that thats where they think the money is. Casual games.

Well their stupid. I wonder if those guys go home thinking, man I'm stupid. Go to sleep thinking, man I'm stupid. Or are they too stupid to realize it? Their marketing team must be an Activision plant.
Actually they're thinking "We're making money. My MBA paid off. So glad I studied hard rather than playing computer games all day long like my friends".

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2013, 06:42 Dmitri_M

He fucked up.  

2. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 06:35 Dmitri_M

Shok wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 23:02:
I've got a major addiction to ALB. I'm at 100 hrs and counting, barely competent at it lol, but still having a blast.
Same here. Great game.

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:15 Dmitri_M

Pretty standard FPS with mechs? Liked the ejection move the player did towards the end. Looks dated graphically. Unlike the rest of Bluesnews I won't be buying a Xbone or PS4 but I cannot wait for their arrival so PC exclusive players like myself can finally get some ports that actually live up to PC hardware.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows
21. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows Aug 20, 2013, 17:12 Dmitri_M

Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 16:17:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 16:08:
As long as people get sick and die and don't turn into Zombies then I'm interested.

I guess this means Ubisoft has finally dropped any pretense of Tom Clancy games having anything to do with Rainbow Six.

You're aware Tom Clancy created more stuff than just the Rainbow Six 'universe', right?

You're aware that some gamers associate Ubisoft's Tom Clancy license with Rainbow Six, right Creston?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows
18. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows Aug 20, 2013, 16:08 Dmitri_M

As long as people get sick and die and don't turn into Zombies then I'm interested.

I guess this means Ubisoft has finally dropped any pretense of Tom Clancy games having anything to do with Rainbow Six.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
34. Re: Papers Please Aug 19, 2013, 15:00 Dmitri_M

Creston wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:21:
And since I replay most of my games at least once or twice (except for the crap ones), that can be pretty annoying.

You're lucky. A tiny percentage of the games that I purchase I ever complete even once.

I'm purchasing games like a 14 year old with too much disposable income but "playing" them like a 32 year old..in other words rarely because I just don't have time. I think guys like me are driving Steam sales. I just don't know if we're actually playing anything with buy.

24. Re: Papers Please Aug 19, 2013, 08:44 Dmitri_M

It's peculiar to me that people are so stuck on linearity in games. I rarely play a game through twice to discover whether things are linear or not. If it's what the designer intended and I'm having a good time does it matter that it's linear?  

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 18, 2013, 21:10 Dmitri_M

Papers Please for the price is an excellent, thought provoking game.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Announced Aug 17, 2013, 05:26 Dmitri_M

Xoxotl wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 04:09:
I woke up this morning, turned over in bed, and said to my wife "You know what PC gaming really needs right now? Another trading card-based game. That would be fresh and original."
Did she file for divorce and run off with a skydiver?

1794 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo