Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1820 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2013, 06:48 Dmitri_M

I kind of like all of this stuff they do. I think it's exciting. Like something out of a movie. I find it hard to feel any outrage whatsoever.

Don't mean to sound like I'm trolling. Just being honest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 21, 2013, 06:31 Dmitri_M

WarPig wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 23:34:
And even that fight had fishy judging.
It wasn't fishy, it was incompetent. The right guy still won.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released
11. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 16:51 Dmitri_M

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:39:
It seems to me in most places in eastern europe you almost have to be either completely oblivious of your surroundings and obnoxious or looking for trouble to find any. Whereas in the states sometimes trouble just finds you.
So true. I'll never forget an obnoxious South African tourist on a tram peering out the windows at my Prague neighborhood proclaiming the place as looking "dangerous". Surrounded by quiet, reserved Czechs on a tram trundling through a quiet ordinary residential suburb. He came there with an image of the place in his mind and I guess the week or weekend he spent there just wasn't enough to shake it.

It was embarrassing and ironic since he was from my country which is a truly dangerous place.

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:39:
That said i still dont like being anywhere east of the hungarian border.
I spent a vacation in Ukraine and that was a whole different story. I went there with an open mind but found myself doing occasional over the shoulder glances. My spidey sense kicked in there. The wild wild east. Interesting, but I wouldn't want to live there.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released
9. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East! and Demo Released Sep 20, 2013, 16:30 Dmitri_M

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 21:09:
"Going East! add-on expands the original Euro Truck Simulator 2 map with new destinations for cargo delivery across Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary."

Getting into human smuggling, are we?

I lived for 3 years in Czech Republic. Some of the Eastern Euro countries get a bad rep unfairly.

It was one of the safest places I've ever lived. Growing up in South Africa I'm pretty much hyper vigilant as it is. CZ really put the zap on me. It was so safe. It certainly felt safer than the UK, Australia and Spain (where I currently live). No matter what time of night or where I was I can never recall feeling in danger. My honest impression is that it would be a great place to raise children if you could adapt to the language and certain cultural differences. The Czechs and most Eastern Europeans are all about family I believe much more so than many Western countries are today.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2013, 16:42.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 20, 2013, 15:56 Dmitri_M

I haven't really followed this Snowden thing much but what's the big deal with an intelligence agency intelligencing?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2013, 15:34 Dmitri_M

Running a 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD as my system drive for the past 6 months. The machine boots nearly instantly. Working with complex Photoshop files is much more tolerable than with a mechanic drive. It's probably the largest real world performance boost I've experienced in years by upgrading only a single component. But then I do a lot of heavy data crunching working with CAD, Photoshop and CG. If the primary purpose of your system is to run games you might not see much beyond slight increases in game start-up.

It's amazing to think that this one drive outperforms a 5 drive 7200rpm RAID0 array I was using a few years back.

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 15:00 Dmitri_M

My my the teacup certainly is stormy today. 900+ comments on RPS over that article

A fly just landed on the glass of my window on the outside of my house it's distracting me I have to go and see if there is anything in the fridge. bbl

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 09:28 Dmitri_M

Don't get this storm in a tea cup. Perhaps because I think Penny Arcade is bland and I've never visited their site for any reason.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
85. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 17, 2013, 07:06 Dmitri_M

Quinn wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 06:07:
cronik wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 06:03:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 01:20:
On a side note, I still don't really understand all the hype for GTA5 or the series in general. The open-world action genre has come a long way since GTA3 and the series just feels stagnant now. Hell, GTAV is basically just reusing the same setting as San Andreas. The actual gameplay mechanics haven't improved much either. Combat and traversal are completely mediocre and uninteresting. So why all the hype? If this wasn't called GTAV and was a new IP instead, would you still care?

I kind of agree with this. I've been watching a few live streams, and even though the game looks fun, there is a bit of a 'been there, done that' feeling to the whole thing.

Can't agree more with the two of you. I realize this most because I really couldn't care less whether it's coming to PC or not.

Count me in on this too. Though the buzz created by the casual masses is hard to resist. I always end up buying it. Sandboxing some police chases and never actually finishing the game because I get bored watching NPCs talk.

Right now I'm playing Splinter Cell Blacklist. Great game. A return to form for the series. Kill things well with minimal fluff.

23. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 15:05 Dmitri_M

Kajetan wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:27:
Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:51:
I can understand why they skip the PC at launch. In their minds it forces those who might pirate it on PC to purchase it on console (yes I know that console games can be pirated, I'm trying to look at it from a business perspective, that they're analyzing stats and seeing the piracy rates on PC).
If they really analyze something, they analyze shit. GTA5 is THE popular PS3 & 360 copy since three days. I guess, they just have to stop releasing on consoles, no?

The "piracy" argument is bull. Piracy has noting to do with a later release. Its all about focusing marketing efforts on the consoles, because thats the main market for the GTA series. Not because of lack of copies, but because of the size of the console market in the US.

The why doesn't matter. The reality is they are intentionally delaying the PC version for some or other reason.

The piracy argument is very valid to game companies.

Piracy might be bull to you, but it isn't to gaming execs.

9. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 11:51 Dmitri_M

I can understand why they skip the PC at launch. In their minds it forces those who might pirate it on PC to purchase it on console (yes I know that console games can be pirated, I'm trying to look at it from a business perspective, that they're analyzing stats and seeing the piracy rates on PC).  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2013, 05:34 Dmitri_M

Isn't GTAV out already? Two guys in my office have copies. They offered to get me one and I turned it down. That will probably drive some crazy here.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
62. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 13, 2013, 08:12 Dmitri_M

Yeah public servers in ArmA can be chaos. It's better played on server communities with a defined play style. This is partly why I hardly play the game MP because I don't have the time to join these communities.

Quboid wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 07:52:
Like I said, it took about 20 minutes to get enough votes the first time and when he returned with a more complicated name, not enough people could figure out exactly what to type. A simple numeric ID could have helped.
Players have always been assigned numerical IDs. If you look in the server's name list you'll see it. Usually a 5 digit number. The vote command works with IDs or player names.

60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 13, 2013, 07:20 Dmitri_M

Quboid wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:52:
D4rkKnight wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 20:49:
To vote someone off you have to type their name in chat with a pound some or something stupid shit. Nobody knows how to do it or cares and there is no integrated gui elements that assist. It's very sloppy and I've been in the same situation - the guy was never kicked but luckily the map was so large I never ran into him.

This was a co-op mission with everyone spawning at the central airport. He camped outside, shooting down any helicopters that attempted to actually play the mission. No one could avoid him, no one could play the mission. Even if he was found and killed, he respawned and started over with zero penalty.
Use the chat function and call for a vote

42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 14:56 Dmitri_M

They're catering to their fanbase. Most longtime players never bothered with the campaigns at ArmA 1 or ArmA 2. ArmA 3 SP is the mission editor. As it was in ArmA 2 and 1..

They were likely shit anyhow. I don't know. I never touched them and I've had OFP and ArmA installed on every machine I've owned in the past 13 years. I feel pity for any gamer here that actually tried to play through a post 2005 BIS campaign. You guys are true soldiers.

Why they would choose to set it on a weird Greek island and then not include the campaign that would no doubt have given the Greek setting a point - that is truly beyond me. I can only imagine the terrible, terrible campaign they had planned. World War 3 is triggered by elicit trading in olives?

They should be choosing themes. Cold War. Jungle. China versus America. BIS are out of touch and incapable of producing anything with broad appeal. The only reason OFP's campaigns were decent was because Codemasters whipped the Czechs.

They're not capable of developing their own engine into an actual "game". I doubt any of them even play it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2013, 15:11.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 11:20 Dmitri_M

ItBurn wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 11:05:
Yeah, my experience with Arma is a broken unpolished mess with an incredibly boring campaign. I see no reason to believe things changed here.
Things have changed. There's no campaign to be broken....

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 10:22 Dmitri_M

That image's map scale is totally out. Compare the houses above the city to similar sized houses on the other maps. Clearly the SA etc maps are half the size they should be. Same goes for the city blocks.

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 23:22:
*click.

One of my worries came true - lots of open space with nothing to do.....

Hahaha what? I can't believe people are thinking this based on a scaled jpeg.

Well he'll own GTA V on Xbox, PS3, PC (whoops no), WiiU, Wii, PS2, PS1, Genesis, SNES, NES and Commodore so on all his systems combined that would make the map much larger?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 11, 2013, 08:54 Dmitri_M

Large empty areas are needed for flying other wise you'd pass over it in seconds.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sep 11, 2013, 08:49 Dmitri_M

El Pit wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 06:22:
Nine Inch Nails - March of the Pigs
Saw that song live two weeks ago

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
4. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 02:18 Dmitri_M

Zetler wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:12:
I have to give them credit when credit is due. Its extremely rare in the gaming industry, but they rescued Elemental Enchantress out of the gutter and turned into one of the best fantasy RPG, and to give it away for free to the owners of the original is totally class act.

Keep up the good work.
Best Fantasy RPG? Really? I haven't followed this title at all since it's bad release. Might need to check up what they've done to improve it. I have a lot of trust in Stardock after Galciv.

1820 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo