Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1820 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Quote of the Day
10. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 14, 2011, 17:17 Dmitri_M

I bought The Witcher 2 on Steam a few days ago. Only after did I realise I hate RPGs. I can't stand the hokey stories. Can't do anything with this digital copy now. 49 Euros gone. Steam is a disease.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 14, 2011, 13:05 Dmitri_M

Bohemia would no longer be doing PC games if they could get their titles on X-box

I would not buy PC games at all if I didn't have that annoying Steam icon running. I never purchase games retail. Don't even think to look at the boxes when I'm in a store that stocks them. I buy 2 or 3 digital releases a month but never finish them.

Ironically the games I do play consistently enough are a few years old, some a decade. There are few new titles I bother with. Though I keep sinking money into it wishing for something new that becomes a personal classic.

News Comments > Epic Hacked
48. Re: Epic Hacked Jun 12, 2011, 11:21 Dmitri_M

Teddy wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 22:03:
killer_roach wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 21:00:
yuastnav wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 19:13:
Right, because pretending that a problem doesn't exist makes it go away. That always works like a charm!
Maybe banks shouldn't use vaults and just keep the money in the lobby! Surely people aren't douche bags and won't just, you know, take it. No, that thought is completely preposterous!

If people aren't taking stuff, there's no problem where it's kept. Love the "blame the victim" logic, by the way... I see a future for you in defending rapists.

That you put hackers and rapists in the same category shows a pretty sad sense of logic.

The question here is not one of morality, but one of practicality and personal responsibility. People WILL take stuff. That's the reality of the world, and the reality of humanity. It WILL NOT CHANGE.

Knowing that, then if there is something you don't want others to take, you have the responsibility to secure and defend it. Would you leave your family's life savings in a pile on your front yard and then when it goes missing, would you then tell them it's not your fault? That you're a victim?

This is the same reason that if you leave your car unlocked and it gets stolen, then you get nothing from the insurance company. Because your own personal negligence in terms of security enabled those who stole from you. That is the same thing we're seeing here, minus the involvement of insurance companies.

There is a question of how much more they could have done vs how talented the hackers were, but none of us know the specifics. Either way, in a business that involves people PAID to secure the servers and website, to exonerate them for their failure and place all the blame on the hackers is just stupid and naive.

Both sides are to blame, one more than the other certainly, but there are no helpless 'victims' here for you to raise on a pedestal.

The criminal is always to blame since they make the decision to commit the crime.

These hackers are lowlifes. Regardless of whether some of them post videos online pretending to be "changing the world" from their mom's basements. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, get outside and realise the world is flawed and will always be.

News Comments > ARMA 3 Trailer
17. Re: ARMA 3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 17:36 Dmitri_M

To really enjoy Arma you need to join a sewing circle like squad where the sorts of mods played are predetermined, and preset "game days" are chosen. Just trying to join a random server is problematic as the server admins all run different mods.

If there ever was a "grognard fps", ArmA is it.

I ran\was involved in OFP\Arma squads for years but eventually gave up on it. Many of the newer ArmA players are obsessed with the realism thing. I played OFP like it was a "fun game", but somehow ArmA which is essentially the same thing has become the NON FUN SIMULATOR COD ALTERNATIVE and tends to attract a lot of idiot sim nuts who don't play games for fun it seems, OR weirdos content to play strange RPG mods or that utterly shit Warfare RTS crap. The franchise is dead. BIS are just regurgitating it for what amounts to a community comprised of creepy modders who don't actually play games.
BIS provide the engine, the modder's provide what people actually play. Out of my old ArmA community of about 25 'hardcore' players NO ONE touched any campaign developed by BIS.

Not exactly the easiest title to get into if you're "just a gamer".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 7, 2011, 03:45 Dmitri_M

Nobel Peace prize is for people who are put in a position to make "serious" decisions that ordinary folk couldn't make because, well, just look at the comments in this thread.  

News Comments > Close Combat 2.0
2. Re: Close Combat 2.0 Jun 7, 2011, 01:12 Dmitri_M

The Close Combat series is an ageless classic.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 6, 2011, 04:51 Dmitri_M

Jim wrote on Jun 5, 2011, 23:06:
I finally picked up World of Goo.

Earthworm Jim would have been more appropriate.

News Comments > More BlizzCon Dinner Tickets Wednesday
2. Re: More BlizzCon Dinner Tickets Wednesday Jun 4, 2011, 22:13 Dmitri_M

whoa dude whoa  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
38. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 21:00 Dmitri_M

space captain wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 20:02:
hey, down here!

this way, lets go

lol

i wish life was that interesting

you walk down the road and someone randomly calls that out and leads you on a linear path free of the mediocre and the mundane

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
30. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 18:20 Dmitri_M

Looking good. Certainly better than most console shooters.

The trailer is no doubt played with a gamepad. You can see the player using movement to bring his reticule onto target in addition to the linear sweeps of the weapon. No matter. I've been waiting for a decent FPS experience, regardless of whether it's old school bland or not.

edit: Oh I just saw the Quayola box. I'm buying this. Damn now I feel like such a sucker.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Interview
4. Re: Ghost Recon Online Interview Jun 4, 2011, 18:12 Dmitri_M

Ghost Recon Online looks like a pile of shit.  

News Comments > Prey 2 Trailer
6. Re: Prey 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 16:41 Dmitri_M

I'll take anything cyberpunk related.  

News Comments > XCOM in March 2012
11. Re: XCOM in March 2012 Jun 3, 2011, 16:47 Dmitri_M

WyldKat wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:34:
...first person action game?

Do they not understand the concept of what made the first two Xcom games great?

Did they not get the memo when the other FPS Xcom game failed miserably?

They didn't get the Xcom memo but they did the get COD FPS sales memo..

News Comments > DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch
5. Re: DCS: A-10C Warthog Patch Jun 3, 2011, 03:35 Dmitri_M

Yeah this isn't simply a "game". In fact it should cost a great deal more than $60 when you factor in purchasing a HOTAS.  

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
20. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 15:12 Dmitri_M

Verno wrote on May 31, 2011, 11:53:
What's the sound quality like from onboard these days?

It's perfectly fine and has been for years now. Most people who care about sound quality are going to pipe their output out to an actual receiver or use a professional level soundcard. Onboard audio is more than adequate for the overwhelming majority of home users.

Well I go from my card to a receiver and if onboard still buzzes and hisses like morse code like it used to years back, no thanks.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
5. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 11:32 Dmitri_M

I've bought as many soundcards as I have graphics cards. Anyone remember A3D versus EAX? I've never used onboard. But I can see why there currently is no reason to use an addon card. What's the sound quality like from onboard these days? A few years ago it was still really noisy at mid to high volumes due to the sound chips being located on the motherboard pcb itself. Wondering what it's like now.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
19. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 11:28 Dmitri_M

elefunk wrote on May 31, 2011, 11:22:
Man, some of you just live to rage on forums, don't you?

Shush.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. May 30, 2011, 13:02 Dmitri_M

LittleMe wrote on May 29, 2011, 22:07:
Giant Block Of Text Giant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of TextGiant Block Of Text
Snarky comment

News Comments > Bungie Announcement Next Week?
7. Re: Bungie Announcement Next Week? May 30, 2011, 01:49 Dmitri_M

Isometric cyberpunk adventure\strategy RPG with HD 2D graphics huge inventories of items detailed story.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer
24. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Trailer May 29, 2011, 12:13 Dmitri_M

I think also SC2 is simply the same game and we're all a bit bored of rehashes  

1820 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo