Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1790 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 21, 2011, 10:40 Dmitri_M

ldonyo wrote on May 21, 2011, 10:20:
Zuckerberg has some serious issues. All he wants is money
Sounds like everyone I've ever met.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers May 17, 2011, 18:06 Dmitri_M

Bludd wrote on May 17, 2011, 16:06:
POS application.

Yeah I decided not to install it as it's Nvidia software and that generally means POS.

Need only look at the current control panel or that Ntune steaming pile of dung.

Software aside, the actual drivers seem fine so far.

News Comments > The Creative Assembly's Alien Game Plans
21. Re: Creative Assembly's Alien Game Plans May 13, 2011, 04:48 Dmitri_M

Surf wrote on May 12, 2011, 23:07:
Does CA make other games other that Total War?

I would like to see a Total War game set in the Terminator post apocalypse world. Now THAT would be kick cunt ass.

yeah that would be great..we can dream

or even a "company of heroes: terminator"

News Comments > Valve Single Player Clarification
8. Re: Evening Consolidation May 8, 2011, 17:37 Dmitri_M

So if I destroy 500 crates in Half-life 3 a little icon will pop-up on my FWENDS PC HURRRR informing them? Oh well as long as they 're still going to do good old fashioned SP then I guess such an idiotic soshill feature can be tolerated.

By the way dear gamers, where the heck did this "achievements" thing come from? I have never ever ever cared about a bunch of random external hoops that need jumping just for the sake of jumping. It's a joke that it's listed as a feature by developers. Who gives a damn about a row of stupid icons. And I'd like to pre-troll anyone who responds with "I actually like achievements yack" as being idiots, thanks.

News Comments > RAGE "Shrouded Clan" Trailer
9. Re: RAGE May 5, 2011, 12:53 Dmitri_M

straight sweep motion aiming gamepad gross  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2011, 16:53 Dmitri_M

I've worked with people from Nigeria. They're actually really cool. Enthusiastic. Sure these were advertising executives. Cool as ice. All dressed like 80s track stars. I dig Nigerians.  

News Comments > Need For Speed: The Run Revealed
8. Re: Need For Speed: The Run Revealed Apr 28, 2011, 22:27 Dmitri_M

This brand is so fuckin diluted.  

News Comments > TrackMania2 Trailer, Screenshots
2. Re: TrackMania2 Trailer, Screenshots Apr 26, 2011, 18:41 Dmitri_M

Looks good. Never got into these games due to the lack of collisions between cars, although I realise that would mess up the premise..

Clips reminds me of Destruction Derby 2's Chalk Valley track

News Comments > Valve Done with the "Isolated Single-player Experience"?
32. Re: Valve Done with the Apr 25, 2011, 18:24 Dmitri_M

Dev wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 17:52:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 16:21:
I never got into either, L4D specifically only showed up the aging nature of the source engine and was a giant spam fest reminding me of 32 people on a KQP server back in Quake 1 days. Repetitive shit that.
Not sure I get what you are saying. L4D series has only 4 player co-op or two teams of 4 players for a total of 8 in vs play. Its actually a pretty big reduction in typical shooter team sizes.
The hordes of AI in the coop mode felt like hordes of players endlessly respawning on a small map in Quake. I wasn't referring to player numbers, rather the repetitive nature of the game.

News Comments > Valve Done with the "Isolated Single-player Experience"?
21. Re: Valve Done with the Apr 25, 2011, 16:21 Dmitri_M

This Kotaku story seems pretty damn thin to me. Too easy to read a whole lot of nothing into this. That said:

If they just drop Half-life though I will be disappointed. I also don't know how this can simply be about all their titles having coop campaigns. There's no way the SP can remain true SP in that context since you'd have to design the gameplay with mp in mind. Gordon Freeman running around with AI controlled coop placeholders? Hell just seeing the Freeman player model while playing coop with Freeman sounds like it's breaking that fourth wall thing HL always had going on. Not ever hearing Gordon speak as a design choice to keep the players believing they're actually acting out their own adventure rather than some game character.

Maybe the success of Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 went to their heads. I never got into either, L4D specifically only showed up the aging nature of the source engine and was a giant spam fest reminding me of 32 people on a KQP server back in Quake 1 days. Repetitive shit that.

Doesn't anyone want to cater for the gamer who sits down in front of his PC just wanting to be immersed into a great SP experience? I rarely want to play with other people. I never play MMOs. I outgrew LAN'ing, along with it any need to masturbate myself into boredom with a bunch of kids hours on end on some public server in any title. Yet I've reached a point in my life where I have a stable income and have more money than ever to spend on games.

Portal exemplifies "gaming". You have hoops to jump through, there's an atmosphere, it's thought out. All these social networking, MMO gameplay, MP modes galore are substitutes for developers actually having to develop AI or any sort of actual gameplay - rather relying on players to create gameplay through interactions with one another. Usually limited to killing or other simplistic activities. Herd gameplay is for cattle and sheep.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2011, 16:27.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
152. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 24, 2011, 17:06 Dmitri_M

The loading times have nothing to do with the source engine's age, it's that the maps are sized for the consoles and they likely weren't able to create separate resources for the PC. I'm reminded of this while looking at the low res console resolution loading screen 10 000 times.

But, like Dead Space, I can live with that because the game itself is good.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
12. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 24, 2011, 03:14 Dmitri_M

Bard wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 11:25:

Did they ever fix all the problems of the engine?

I never played Blackshark enough to say how much it's improved, but A10 seems rock solid technically. Native 64-bit exe, no crashes so far and has run smoothly on my system. All seems really well put together.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Apr 23, 2011, 02:25 Dmitri_M

Shok wrote on Apr 22, 2011, 23:03:
Yeah, I waited to buy DCS: Black Hawk

DCS Blackshark

$60 for what amounts to a military grade training simulation isn't bad.

News Comments > New Fraps
7. Re: New Fraps Apr 20, 2011, 04:16 Dmitri_M

elefunk wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 18:14:
Dev wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 13:15:
Cool I'd love to buy it...
only not at the $40 price.
There is no other application that does what Fraps does as well as how Fraps does it. I was happy to fork over my $37 years ago and have never once regretted the purchase.

The lesser known Dxtory is a great deal better than Fraps. I legitimately own both apps. Much better FPS while capturing, and a great deal more encoding options on the technical side, eg distributed writing. Think it cost me about $40 too.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2011, 04:24.

News Comments > Will Wright on Gaming's Future
8. Re: Will Wright on Gaming's Future Apr 18, 2011, 03:12 Dmitri_M

Aliens. Amazing war in a space colony against monsters filled with acid for blood.

Terminator. Awesome future war and time travel with machines designed for only one purpose, creating amazing chase sequences and killing.

Avatar. Blue Sea Monkeys with anime eyes, cosplay ears and ponytails hop about the jungle.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
7. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 9, 2011, 21:29 Dmitri_M

Yeah I don't know what Fion is on about.

Looks bog standard to me. And that includes the graphics.

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2011, 19:36 Dmitri_M

The review seemed fine. Straightforward plain English description of the game. Go and read any number of mainstream review sites and you'll be greeted with much more inane prattling followed up by perfunctory 9/10s.

The RPGcodex forums do have a certain annoying schtick..but any site that reports on old titles is ok in my book.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Announced
4. Re: Anno 2070 Announced Apr 4, 2011, 15:49 Dmitri_M

U fucktarded fucktards aside, I love Anno. I'm a bit surprised by this jump. I hope they're not trying to appeal to a Halo audience. Taken at face value though this could be an awesome proper sci-fi strategy game by a current team that's proven itself. Reminding me a little of Alpha Centuari. Combined AC with Anno\city builder? Hell yes.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Trailer
6. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 17:03 Dmitri_M

Wildone wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 15:07:
You can't even make a quick mission like you could in IL2! They give you some preset missions, but you cant do it like before..I wanna fly this plane against this, this and this. Nope.

Whoa.. That's about all I did in IL2.

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Announced
11. Re: Take On Helicopters Announced Mar 31, 2011, 14:07 Dmitri_M

nyr27 wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 12:54:
I get it. And I agree about the vehicle suspension in BIS games. Don't know why they haven't addressed it better after all these years

Their engine has no support for realworld physics that would simulate suspension based on actual math, hence the mechanical "faked analog" appearance\feel it has now. Either a lack of programming resources or they don't have the cash for third party physics systems like havok or physx.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2011, 14:12.

1790 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo