Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1928 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders Apr 24, 2015, 04:24 Dmitri_M

I don't need patience for this release. I skip straight to booting HOMM3.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Apr 24, 2015, 04:16 Dmitri_M

I played the hell out of ravenshield. I long ago gave up on the swat themed COD titles Ubisoft has been selling using the Rainbow Six name. 5 years ago I might have been all jaded indignant gamer about yet another of these titles, but now..whatever.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 13:50 Dmitri_M

The waiting for avatar animations and the first person view is literally a camera inside your player model's models head is why the perceived lag is high, and also why so many complain about OFP/ArmA as having "lag".

It's simply a different system compared to your gun is your head (quake, counterstrike, anything originally based on an ID engine).

It isn't lazy, what other choice do they have for implementing a FPS view? Having it use a completely different system would break all kinds of mechanics. So I can turn faster in FPS compared to third person? It isn't hard to understand why they need both systems to be identical, even if the one suffers for it.

This kind of hand wringing is why some of us should stick to playing games and not developing them. Choices need to be made.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2015, 13:55.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 22, 2015, 08:05 Dmitri_M

I'm using the directplay setting for mouse controls. My FPS is ok - considering I'm running it on a 570m (560TI desktop) - yet I'm surprised I'm able to play at all with the shrill posts by Slick.

And I know mouselag. I still play twitchy lagfree Quake 1 on a semi-regular basis. And I remember the PC port of Dead Space 1 which had atrocious gameplay ruining mouse lag.

Yet somehow GTAV doesn't seem that bad at all. Completely playable.

Slick wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 03:57:
<shrill snip>
You're kind of an excitable, throw-your-dress-over-your-head-and-run-clean-into-a-wall, kinda guy, huh?

News Comments > Evening Patches
10. Re: Evening Patches Apr 18, 2015, 12:25 Dmitri_M

I can confirm some mouse lag with the default raw setting. Switching to directinput improved it for me. And making sure my graphics settings were low enough to keep FPS high. Input seems tied to FPS.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
280. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 23:48 Dmitri_M

If you read some of the last few posts in Trevor's voice the thread is actually fun.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
94. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 17, 2015, 04:34 Dmitri_M

Quinn wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 09:24:
In contrast of that, I was absolutely AMAZED by how fantastic the game looked when suddenly it started raining and thundering like mad. I can honestly say that I have never yet seen a game look this good in such a setting, all at 60fps. It was A-MA-ZING. I cannot express it enough.

Seconded. Best looking thunderstorm and lightning visuals I've ever seen in a game. Was blown away when I saw it last night for the first time.

Far as the anisotropic filtering goes, it may be devs somehow downsampling mipmaps on the fly rather than any specific filtering setting. I also noticed how poor higher detail anisotropic looked.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
47. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 17:28 Dmitri_M

I need to unload the 500000 in pre-order dollars. It's a buzz kill. I feel like I cheated in SP.  

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
24. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 04:38 Dmitri_M

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 04:35:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 04:30:
Well it certainly seems a good port from a performance standpoint.

That said, perhaps it's just that I'm running it in an old 570m in a gaming laptop, but I have hardly any graphics settings to change. Just FXAA, MSAA and high res shadows. No other settings. Is that normal, I thought this had way more settings to modify?

Like me, you too probably have to fight with the graphics menu a bit -- there's more if you scroll down in the graphics tab, but making that happen is quite the achievement for some reason.

I only played for 30 minutes before work, tried scrolling down using keyboard and scroll wheel. Didn't work. Urg. I'll try again tonight. Honestly the game runs smooth as butter, so even with old hardware at least it runs great and looks OK.

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
21. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 04:30 Dmitri_M

Well it certainly seems a good port from a performance standpoint.

That said, perhaps it's just that I'm running it in an old 570m in a gaming laptop, but I have hardly any graphics settings to change. Just FXAA, MSAA and high res shadows. No other settings. Is that normal, I thought this had way more settings to modify?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 14:33 Dmitri_M

I had my Rendition Verite V1000 Vquake exe months before any of you 3dfx fanboys even knew what hardware acceleration was!  

News Comments > Project Reality Devs Announce Squad
14. Re: Project Reality Devs Announce Squad Apr 7, 2015, 17:19 Dmitri_M

It's been a looooong time since PR for BF was released. I wonder how many of the original team members are still present. I don't count the ArmA version, I believe that was done with the cooperation of prominent ArmA modders.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Patch
3. Re: Cities: Skylines Patch Apr 7, 2015, 12:03 Dmitri_M

I've mentioned it before, but too little challenge or feedback for my liking. It is a good game and I think with the success of this one they can certainly expand it in the future. Not sure if I got lucky but I had no issues getting my first city to grow and grow with next to no challenge outside of caretaking traffic. I don't remember Simcity 4 being this sandbox like.

Anyhow, I put 50 hours into it so clearly my griping is just the stuff of a jaded gamer. Rarely do I put that many hours into games anymore.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - RUNNING WITH RIFLES
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - RUNNING WITH RIFLES Apr 3, 2015, 23:17 Dmitri_M

I've been trying to avoid cheap indie titles since my library is full of unfinished titles as it is...but after seeing the video... I'm weak

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2015, 23:53.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
73. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 3, 2015, 07:54 Dmitri_M

InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 02:57:
I wish someone was still making CRT monitors. Those were the shit. Wish I could get a wide screen CRT monitor that runs 1080p at 100Hz. CRTs beat the shit out of any and all LCDs I have ever seen or will probably ever see, both in image quality and refresh rate.

Count me out of ever going back to LCD. CRT's even with a high refresh killed my eyes.

That said, I remember getting my first LCD and obsessively playing with the contrast and brightness values trying to get a decent black value only to realise it wasn't the settings, just the LCD tech itself.

And this was with a moderately decent MVA panel. I've never owned TN panels, amazing how they're still being pushed on consumers. I get that they have very low input lag, but for me a monitor that changes colour if I lower or raise my head 2 degrees is unacceptable. Maybe the newer TNs have improved this?

48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:55 Dmitri_M

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:40:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:38:
I will wait until the state of the pc port becomes clear. I recall 4's performance on PC being terrible.

Which was fixed not long after release and ran excellently, even when you unlock the settings to max them out.

I think the Rockstar hype machine is playing tricks on your memory The performance only increased after new graphics card generations were released.

I have never touched GTA 5 on console - not even seen it in person - so I have no idea about the state of this engine. I hope it's good.

43. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:38 Dmitri_M

I will wait until the state of the pc port becomes clear. I recall 4's performance on PC being terrible.  

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
8. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 09:15 Dmitri_M

Krovven wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 01:13:
Darks wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 18:28:
How about removing GFWL from Op Flashpoint Red River?

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking Op Flashpoint is a dead IP while Dirt series isn't and I believe they already have Dirt 4 on the way. If Dirt 3 MP wasn't updated that would piss off many people that may skip the next game.

Who cares about Operation Flashpoint Red River anyhow. It was everything casual players wanted from Flashpoint. Quake style movement, sepier coloured graphics and a hand holding campaign - with none of the things that made the original title truly standout (modding capabilities, built in easy mission editor, endless mission design options). Which is why the Codemasters retake died a much deserved death. While ArmA lives on successfully, with all those features including the nutty stuff we all hate - clunky movement, unoptimised engine and uninspired campaign.

News Comments > etc., etc.
30. removed Apr 1, 2015, 10:40 Dmitri_M

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 1, 2015, 10:42.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
24. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 12:19 Dmitri_M

Sleep wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 12:00:
Luke wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 11:40:
Illumin wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 10:26:
I backed 3 ships more for lifetime insurance than the ship(s) itself. Why? Because I don't want to feel obligated to grind for cash just to insure my ship (s) if I want to pirate etc. I know Ill have to pay for weapons and systems again but still better than grinding out a monthly quota to pay for insurance. Back when I was in my 20s I didn't mind nerding out for 48 hour marathons of gaming, not anymore though.

Holy moly , just listen to what you say do you even want to play this so called game , i guess you are one of those WHO pay others to play for you also because you don't have the time and don't want to feel the pain when your 1000$ pixel gets raped ( like your wallet)......pathetic

What difference does it make to you how other people spend their money? Go out and earn some if you're so jealous.

It isn't jealousy. It's incredulity.

1928 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo