Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1771 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Project CARS Trailer
13. Re: Project CARS Trailer Apr 24, 2014, 18:44 Dmitri_M

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 12:49:
Looks excellent, though I'm pretty sure that at least half of that trailer was pre-rendered.

If it handles/drives well, I'm definitely signing up.

I'm in the beta and I can assure you nothing is pre-rendered.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
28. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 23, 2014, 06:09 Dmitri_M

I have not tried it with rift yet, however the option to enable rift has been in the graphics menu for ages. Also, the AC official twitter account recently had pics of the game being demo'd on Rift DK2.  

News Comments > GRID Autosport Announced
26. Re: GRID Autosport Announced Apr 22, 2014, 18:00 Dmitri_M

After playing Assetto Corsa everything else feels like child's play. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with a fun gamepad driving game, it's just that the nuances and challenge of a sim like Assetto Corsa is so addictive that when I try other car games now I feel like they're on rails. That includes Forza on Xbone and Project Cars (which is my second most played car game after Assetto).

Sims can be fun too.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
101. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 19:55 Dmitri_M

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 09:58:
"42M ..... a towel for your hangar"
Sweet

haha concise

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2014, 11:36 Dmitri_M

Age of Wonders III is good but while playing it I started wondering why I don't just play Homm3 instead  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
19. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 09:39 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 23:28:
Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 21:06:
I don't want the game because I already paid for it over 10 years ago.

So, play the old one. No one is forcing you to buy this.

No one is forcing you to defend a re-release of an old game as being a legitimate purchase

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
12. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 21:06 Dmitri_M

I don't want the game because I already paid for it over 10 years ago.  

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
151. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 17:14 Dmitri_M

Perhaps Zuckerburg loves playing PC games with Rift!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2014, 04:39 Dmitri_M

True Detective needed two extra episodes. Far too neat of an ending.

The storyline itself was played out too.. The serial killer thing. I realise that was just a framing for the characters though.

As a fan of police dramas I've seen better single episodes of Homicide Life on the Street.

I did enjoy it though. The atmosphere, the locations and Mcconaughey's acting do make it something I'd like to rewatch - but only in parts.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 00:59 Dmitri_M

I adore the wackjobs who popup in Star Citizen threads. Please post more loomy.

Star Citizen is most entertaining.

News Comments > Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition
28. Re: Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition Mar 6, 2014, 10:15 Dmitri_M

I loved Homeworld.

I'm not paying for something I've already played though.

New ideas, new take, new IP. Yes. Repackaging old ideas and paying a second time? No.

I don't know how some of you can get excited about a cheap cash in.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
67. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 13:58 Dmitri_M

Never really understood ignoring people. Seems only to highlight that they deserve special treatment. I just scroll past.

I think I'm on at least cutter's block list. But that's because I relentlessly trolled him for being him. I take perverse pleasure in knowing my posts are highlighted in every thread I'm I'm.

News Comments > Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year
17. Re: Dean Hall Leaving Bohemia and DayZ Later This Year Feb 24, 2014, 13:08 Dmitri_M

BI's working environment is not conducive to free thinking..  

News Comments > Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer
1. Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer Feb 22, 2014, 05:43 Dmitri_M

This is looking great. I'm glad to see they're moving away from a European only setting. Finally some variety in the terrain.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced
34. Re: Star Citizen Hits $39M; Procedural Generation Goal Announced Feb 22, 2014, 05:39 Dmitri_M

An extra million dollars doesn't mean automatically pulling off any of these features.

Hopefully they manage to focus on creating a good base game. A lot of the features they're hooking wallets with will get dropped. Expect a letter from the chairman with some disappointing news in a year or two. Best of luck to them reigning all of this in and creating something consistently good which actually has a realistic release date.

Wasn't Roberts a onetime Hollywood producer? He knows how to extract money from marks. The features are starting to sound like taglines on film posters. Taglines being a highly reliable indicator of a film's quality.

News Comments > World of Speed Announced
21. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 11, 2014, 11:02 Dmitri_M

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 09:00:
Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 08:54:
Both are incredible with a G27

Assetto Corsa especially. There are things happening with the force feedback in that game that I've never quite felt before in other titles. You actually need the FFB to judge when the car is at it's limit.
Thanks!
Now I can not wait to get the game and the wheel!
Wish I've picked up Asseto Corsa when it was on sale. It still says it is on sale on their website but on Steam the game is at regular price.
Do they have any estimate on the final release date?

Not sure the exact release date. "Sometime in 2014" is all I'm aware of.

The early access has had updates every 2 weeks as promised. Often adding multiple vehicles. I believe it's jumped from 0.4 to 0.6 in under two months so that should give a good indication on their progress towards 1.0

18. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 11, 2014, 08:54 Dmitri_M

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 07:56:
I've been following the development of Project CARS and watching a bunch of vids on the progression and I think it is far from the NFS series. I am not in the beta so I can not tell from first hand experience but to me it looks a lot more like a sim game than any of the NFS titles they've worked on previously.

As of right now I am really looking forward to Project CARS and Asseto Corsa.
Those 2 games would give me a reason to invest into a G27 wheelset.
It's hard to justify the cost just for ETS2

Both are incredible with a G27

Assetto Corsa especially. There are things happening with the force feedback in that game that I've never quite felt before in other titles. You actually need the FFB to judge when the car is at it's limit.

15. Re: World of Speed Announced Feb 11, 2014, 03:15 Dmitri_M

theglaze wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 18:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 14:40:
If they'll release World of Speed before Project CARS I'll be extremely pissed. It seems like Project CARS is in development since forever!

Maybe it should come out first? If it truly is sharing the engine and net code of Project CARS, then by all means, let a bunch of kids play this silly racer so the developer can sort out the inevitable issues at launch.

That said, I'm hugely skeptical of what Slightly Mad can put together for a sim...advertising NFS Shift 1 and 2 on the CARS website for their claim of racing simulator pedigree is like putting Time Crisis down as a reference and embarking on developing the best virtual police firearm simulator.

Project Cars is not far off from sims like assetto corsa. Not as nuanced as AC, easily on par or surpassing Gtr2/simbin titles though. The tire model additions in the past couple of months have really improved the physics feel. If you drive the cars (especially those with tire models that have been under development longer ie formula C) on their limit it's as challenging as any recent sim.

To say that it's closer to NFS is nonsense not flaming just pointing out a fact).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
41. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 17:15 Dmitri_M

Redmask wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 16:48:
Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:21:
Don't be such a narrow minded turd. If this is what Russia presents to the world, so be it. All countries should be allowed to present the Olympics..so the world can see them for who they are.

Speaking of turds, 51 billion dollars might go a long way toward paying for infrastructure that would let people flush them. If this is how they treat public facing foreigners then I shudder to think of what the impoverished are dealing with over there.

Shrug. I'm enjoying it. We host the World Cup in 2010. South African government poured money into it. Private companies were willing to pitch in. Governments KNOW how to spend on stuff like this. They have no idea how to spend money where it's really needed.

Cretton wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 16:18:
Countries that can't financially shoulder the burden of an Olympic games shouldn't get to host them. That shouldn't be too fucking difficult to comprehend.
But they will. Because they want to. And people like you are gonna have to shut up and live with it. Turn your big screen tv back to PBS and keep watching those "starving african children" commercials, for the love of christ.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2014, 17:20.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
31. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2014, 15:21 Dmitri_M

Surprise surprise the rest of the world isn't America or Europe. That's in response to the posters here, not those journalists. Some of you need to get out more.

It looks kind of like a fun adventure. The company is paying to send me to a train wreck and I get to make funny posts about it. The journalists need to develop a gallows sense of humour. Take it in stride. Let the pictures do the talking..

Cretton wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 11:41:
Btw, this is also why bullshit countries like backwater Russia, and in a few years Brazil, shouldn't get to host the fucking Olympics.

Don't be such a narrow minded turd. If this is what Russia presents to the world, so be it. All countries should be allowed to present the Olympics..so the world can see them for who they are.

1771 Comments. 89 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo