Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dmitri_M

Real Name Dmitri_M   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 18, 2004, 05:49
Total Comments 1796 (Pro)
User ID 22350

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 14, 2014, 20:14 Dmitri_M

Redmask wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 20:10:
It seems much faster now, the patchnotes indicate a new version of Webkit is probably responsible.
Definitely much faster.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
34. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 19:04 Dmitri_M

Let me for a moment pretend I'm very new to gaming and that I believe all promises developers make prior to release.

If someone promised the world and it fit with what I envisioned my dream game to be I'd get really excited and enthusiastically wait for it's release.

Would I take out my wallet and pay 100s if not 1000s of dollars toward it, prior to release? Yes, if I lacked all commonsense.

I have games I look forward to, and I follow them religiously. But I won't spend money on them until I've confirmed they live up to expectations. Which I determine by playing at the very least a late beta.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2014, 19:16.

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
10. Re: GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break Jul 28, 2014, 16:18 Dmitri_M

Omni wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 09:20:
Ignore/block is a powerful tool and wish more people would learn to to use since the trolls on the web are only growing day by day.
Modders are sometimes very ego driven. They spend a lot of spare time doing things that get them a lot of attention online and that attention is what drives them. They can't ignore anyone

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
11. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 19:25 Dmitri_M

Slick wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 19:08:
Still, Crysis 1 is one of the best classic FPS games ever made.
I would agree with that but I'm too old. I can remember Doom, Duke 3D, Quake, UT, Farcry and countless other FPS titles. By comparison Crysis isn't even a blip on my gaming memory.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
7. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 17:45 Dmitri_M

Crytek had the potential to be an ID software (of old). Capable of producing great tech, and perhaps eventually a string of successful games. With all their success ID didn't overreach and open multiple studios all over the world even with their successful IPs and broadly licensed engines. Crytek doesn't know what it is.

Rather than trying to be something it wasn't, why didn't they just keep it small, hire some game designers and make a couple of successful IPs before expanding so much. It's like they decided before Crysis's release it'd automatically be successful, and then formulated a business plan based on that hubris.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2014, 17:52.

News Comments > Wargame Red Dragon Celebrates 1M Copies with Free DLC
2. Re: Wargame Red Dragon Celebrates 1M Copies with Free DLC Jul 25, 2014, 17:06 Dmitri_M

It's very good. Nothing like COH though. Much larger scale. You don't control individual soldiers. And probably more "realistic" though still fun.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update
15. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Update Jul 18, 2014, 04:06 Dmitri_M

Watching videos it certainly does look like a Carmageddon game. The chunkiness of the cars and their mattress suspension physics.

Lacks good art direction in the tracks though. Amateurish looking but I guess that is down to budget.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
29. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 17, 2014, 03:00 Dmitri_M

Personally, I agreed with what Quinn said. It was just honest truth. It can get grating having the same people here post exactly the same remarks over and over with little to no content. If they can do that the rest of us should be allowed to remark on it. Is there such a thing as a positively insipid troll who on the surface doesn't appear to be a troll? I don't see why his post was removed.  

17. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 07:24 Dmitri_M

In my case it's impatience as my characters probably aren't at high enough of a level to be venturing so far from the first settlement  

15. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 06:53 Dmitri_M

First RPG I've played since Neverwinter Nights. I love isometric and I could never get into the first person style RPGs that have taken over the genre.

The combat is quite tough. Which is good. I enjoy developing new ways to win close battles, or even battles where I am outmatched. There is a lot of oldschool challenge with Divinity.

It also doesn't take itself too seriously, I like the humour. I have a character who is wearing "smelly panties" which gives her a +1 charisma.. I kid you not. And slipping on ice gives a text pop-up that says "hammertime". Great stuff.

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
19. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 18:20 Dmitri_M

This looks like a student 3D showreel from 2002  

News Comments > Morning Previews
20. Re: Morning Previews Jun 21, 2014, 03:19 Dmitri_M

I sold my hotas stick because it required two hands.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 17, 2014, 15:42 Dmitri_M

They did the something similar recently with a review for Distant Worlds. Not really sure..why  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2014, 14:45 Dmitri_M

descender wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 11:30:
3. Spintires

Someone please explain this.

It actually has an innovative engine with some great terrain deformation.

If people can enjoy Euro Truck Simulator there's no reason they can't enjoy Siberian Stalker Truck Simulator.

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
22. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 12, 2014, 14:18 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:47:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 07:56:
They have to (and obviously will) increase resolution. The current devkit is unusable in the sort of titles current TrackIR users play. In racing games you can hardly make out the track 50 meters from the car. It's like playing Doom at 320x240. Flight sims? ArmA? No way.. It's fine for simplistic one off tech demos but nothing else.

For me the decision to wait for the first consumer release is easy. Even the "1080p" of DK2 won't be enough (since the image is split it isn't true 1080p, closer too 800 to 900 or so pixels per eye).

Yeah, which is why I'm so conflicted. Do I get the lower qual DK2 this year, or the superior CV1 in 18-24 months from now? DK2 should be good enough? Seems like a loooong time to wait.

DK1's higher resolution will probably be enough for most sim games. I'm just happy to wait

The Rift is awesome and I will definitely be getting one at some point.

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
18. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 12, 2014, 07:56 Dmitri_M

They have to (and obviously will) increase resolution. The current devkit is unusable in the sort of titles current TrackIR users play. In racing games you can hardly make out the track 50 meters from the car. It's like playing Doom at 320x240. Flight sims? ArmA? No way.. It's fine for simplistic one off tech demos but nothing else.

For me the decision to wait for the first consumer release is easy. Even the "1080p" of DK2 won't be enough (since the image is split it isn't true 1080p, closer too 800 to 900 or so pixels per eye).

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2014, 08:12.

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
14. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 07:44 Dmitri_M

Raptor wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 06:55:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 21:27:
Ok this look so good it's just effing ridiculous at this point. I hope it plays well with a gamepad because I'm sure as shit not buying a wheel and pedals. Effing amazing trailer! Effing effers!

Good luck playing Richard Burns Rally with a gamepad.

Get wheel and pedals, they don't cost that much and the experience is far superior to sitting on a couch with a gamepad and a fake joystick.

If you want a proper sim you need the tools for it. Otherwise it's best to stick to arcade racers.

Project CARs plays well with a gamepad. Fun can be had. Just don't expect to be driving on the limit in every vehicle with maxed sim settings.

The physics aren't as good as Assetto Corsa. They are better than the older Simbin titles though. Depends on which vehicle class you're driving. In some ways it's harder than Assetto Corsa but not for the right reasons.

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
12. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 05:36 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:39:
It looks like a combination of rendered AND engine footage? Looks pretty good either way.
It's all in-game. The engine has quite powerful tools that allow for making really nice videos. Adjustable depth of field etc

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2014, 15:30 Dmitri_M

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:08:
theglaze wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 11:12:
The foundation is great in Assetto Corsa, and that's something to be excited about. I found the tire modeling to be fantastic, showing dimensions I haven't seen in other PC sims, and that's my impression from many patches ago.

If you like time trials or battling AI, I'd recommend it.

Sounds like it would be best experienced with a top of the line racing wheel.

Even with a gamepad you can feel the physics are special but yes this does need a wheel.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2014, 15:37.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Trading Video
45. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 6, 2014, 13:52 Dmitri_M

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 08:18:
Tim here sums it up pretty well for me.
I've got nothing invested in SC but really this guy going on about not being able to bind his keys in what is clearly an early version of the game is just painfully pedantic

It's an unfinished game..

1796 Comments. 90 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo