Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
37. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 12:58 Bhruic

The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase)

I like the implication that if you didn't purchase the CE edition, then you're not a real fan, and you deserve to be shafted by not getting the DLC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2012, 11:51 Bhruic

Did Congress run on "hope and change" and I didn't notice it?  

News Comments > DMS ♥s Steam
17. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 23, 2012, 13:54 Bhruic

While Origin is certainly a huge improvement over their previous digital strategy, EA still has a poor track record.

I'm not disagreeing with you there. If it's a choice between Steam and Origin, I'd choose Steam every time. Origin has a long way to go to catch up. I just don't think it's quite as bad a service as it's made out to be.

Or, to put it differently, Steam is great, where Origin is mediocre. But I don't think it's "bad".

15. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 23, 2012, 12:26 Bhruic

Shift 2 Unleashed
Steam: $19.99
Origin: $19.99

Shank
Steam: $9.99
Origin: $9.99

The Sims 3
Steam: $29.99
Origin: $29.99

FIFA Manager 11
Steam: $29.99
Origin: $39.99

So ok, there's one. Apparently you guys get shafted in the UK, but in NA, the prices are virtually identical for all games.

10. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 23, 2012, 11:45 Bhruic

It has been proven that EA only things out for themselves. The whole thing with Valve booting EA games off of Steam is one of them.

And this was addressed to me because...?

News Comments > Terraria Grounded
8. Re: Terraria Grounded Feb 23, 2012, 10:46 Bhruic

Well, this is disappointing, not because I expected more content, but because I'd really like it if there was. And while I don't like DLC in general, for a game like this, I would have happily paid for it (well, assuming it added something worthwhile).

Still, I got more than my money's worth for it by far - over 100hrs played.

3. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 23, 2012, 10:10 Bhruic

Meanwhile, EA's primary method of appealing to customers is by attacking Steam and attempting to discredit them, while offering an inferior product and charging considerably more.

It's been repeatedly demonstrated to you that EA doesn't charge any more than Steam does, and you're still making the claim? Why do you insist on using lies to try and attack them? There are enough legitimate complaints about EA to make you don't have to create your own.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 23:12 Bhruic

You've been wrong.

Sheerly out of curiosity... Why do you keep responding to someone that you know has you on ignore?

News Comments > The Secret World Delayed
16. Re: The Secret World Delayed Feb 21, 2012, 20:02 Bhruic

How isn't it a positive thing? It's better than getting a buggy, unfinished game.

Well, only two things wrong there. First, the delay is no guaruntee we won't get a buggy, unfinished game. And the second, you're buying into their marketing speak. Yes, releasing the game in an buggy, unfinished state would be bad. But the whole reason for the delay is that it's not ready for release when it was supposed to be. Sure, predicting a release date isn't an exact science, but the fact you predicted wrongly isn't a good thing.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 21, 2012, 18:07 Bhruic

Ugh. I was going to read the review to see what you were talking about, but I could only make it as far as:

One such author, R. A. Salvatore (famous for The DemonWare Saga and the Forgotten Realms series, among many other works), has probably had a larger influence on modern fantasy story-telling than any other author.

Yeah, the reviewer obviously doesn't have a clue.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 18:05 Bhruic

I had to unrar something on sunday. I installed winrar.

What else is there?

7zip. Much nicer than Winrar, and doesn't cost anything.

News Comments > The Secret World Delayed
11. Re: The Secret World Delayed Feb 21, 2012, 16:43 Bhruic

You've gotta give people credit for trying to spin game delays as positive things. "We were unable to meet our deadline, but that's going to be awesome for you, the consumer, because lots of the beta testers, people who had to put effort into getting access to the game, are currently claiming on a survey - where they don't actually have to put down any money - that they intend to play the game at launch!"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2012, 11:37 Bhruic

Sadly that Game of Thrones comic is pretty damn accurate.  

News Comments > Activision Denies Blacklisting
2. Re: Activision Denies Blacklisting Feb 21, 2012, 11:33 Bhruic

What they meant was:
Activision doesn’t get caught blacklist journalists. If people hear about it, we immediately backpedal, and claim it was a "misunderstanding" because we don't want the negative publicity. We only blacklist journalists behind the scenes.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games
61. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 18:38 Bhruic

You're joking right? Have you seen the shit they have on TV these days? Or even at the movies? The story in HL is damn near high-art in modern society.

Some of the stupidest stuff on TV is magnitudes better than the story in HL. HL is a step up from "go get the red keycard", but that's about it.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
36. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 17:41 Bhruic

Better to mail them three twenty dollar bills, then as soon as they try to reach for them, the bills go up in flames along with a message that says "You didn't want this money, otherwise you'd have put the game on PC!"

THAT would get their attention! I need to call Mythbusters...

LOL

If you can figure out how to pull it off, I'm in!

52. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 17:40 Bhruic

Newell and his PR masters don't want to admit that the HL story hinges on one person

You have to be joking. I've seen 6 year olds come up with a better story than HL has.

Yes, ok, slight exaggeration, but not that large a one. The HL story is very rudimentary, and anyone who's even half-competent would be able to come up with something plausible.

33. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 15:37 Bhruic

The only thing they understand is money.

So mail them a picture of $60, and say "This is the money you would have got if you'd released the game simultaneously on PC"?

18. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 12:42 Bhruic

This is a bit disappointing. While in general I'm all for people buying and playing the games they want to, it's discouraging to see a developer being rewarded for giving us sloppy seconds.  

11. Re: Gabe Newell on Valve Hardware and Owning Steam Games Feb 20, 2012, 12:17 Bhruic

I like this answer about the legality of people not-owning games.

Now imagine if an EA peon had answered the same question: "Our EULA says we own your stuff, not you. So go fuck yourself."

So you'd rather have someone completely duck the question, rather than give you a straight-up, honest answer?

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo